Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Man Destroys Cars At Nigerian High Commission In London Over Passport Delay - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Destroys Cars At Nigerian High Commission In London Over Passport Delay (37656 Views)

Nigerian Immigrant Destroys Cars In Germany (Photos) / Jeffrey Apkovweta Ewohime Destroyed Cars At Nigerian High Commission London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Destroys Cars At Nigerian High Commission In London Over Passport Delay by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 17, 2019
In Magnito voice

.. Na poverty dey do em.

Re: Man Destroys Cars At Nigerian High Commission In London Over Passport Delay by AngelicBeing: 9:57pm On Jun 17, 2019
MaNyEsq:
That serves those no good, scum bags, lazy ass, unpatriotic FOOLs that work at Nigerian Embassies and Missions around the world well. He should have set the darn embassy on fire and burn the freaking place down with all the people in it. Those people are the worst of humanity...hateful, callous, very sleazy, and could care less how they fvck you over. It seems like their main purpose at these God-forsaken Embassies is just to frustrate the living hell out of any Nigerian citizen that steps into that building. And God forbid, you have dual citizenship, they would then treat you with scorn as if you have been fighting with them over a girl. Truth be told, you don't even know these scallywags from Adam, yet they've marked you as enemy "numero uno." God, I can't stand those people!
Spot on, anything that will bring pain, discomfort, misery, calamity and death to Nigeria government officials and embassies globally , I am in full support, Na who never visit our embassies outside Nigeria that will feel pity for the useless embassies, let them taste a dose of the hardship they dish to Nigerians both at home and in diaspora grin
Re: Man Destroys Cars At Nigerian High Commission In London Over Passport Delay by abbiboy: 10:03pm On Jun 17, 2019
kemmylove101:
you people livin in nigeria dont know what this embassy make us go through. as you can hear them, they are mostly hausa officials at the uk embassy. how many hausa people lives in the uk, yet they headed the commission.
If i tell you what i go through at our embassy in vienna. Pple comes as far as italy and they will tell you no server come next day.
My dear don't waste ur ink,corruption has blinded our home base idiot,that stupidity is a way of life down here in this zoo called Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Destroys Cars At Nigerian High Commission In London Over Passport Delay by slimfit1(m): 10:05pm On Jun 17, 2019
anyimontana:
This one dey find free flight back home..cos his a$$ will surely be deported

I don't see that happening with a good lawyer. His life is not safe now remember.
Re: Man Destroys Cars At Nigerian High Commission In London Over Passport Delay by mchc1001: 10:10pm On Jun 17, 2019
Western world is not same as Africa, i can bet my last kobo that nothing will happen to this guy, even if they sentence this guy to jail it will not be more than 6 months, you guys think that breaking a car screen is a big offense, it's not, this is United Kingdom
Re: Man Destroys Cars At Nigerian High Commission In London Over Passport Delay by gcof(m): 10:17pm On Jun 17, 2019
YOU’d be quick to blame the guy if you’ve not had an encounter with Nigeria high commissions abroad. That is where Nigeria’s incompetence is displayed on an international standard

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Destroys Cars At Nigerian High Commission In London Over Passport Delay by Alejobs: 10:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
If you don't forgive, you give the past the opportunity it needs to keep you away from the future you desire
Re: Man Destroys Cars At Nigerian High Commission In London Over Passport Delay by kemmylove101: 10:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
my friend paid 630 euros last week to get Nigerian passport express if not na 7months time.. Our Nigerian embassy in Berlin is an underground (cellar ) basement and bro it's in terrible state... Very stuffy, dirty and chaotic... They usually collect all devices from u Sony don't make videos or snap.. Trust me if the condition and operations there leaks I guess they know what's coming..
I think you people should begin by taking picture and video and post them on nairaland about the state of our embassy worldwide

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Destroys Cars At Nigerian High Commission In London Over Passport Delay by 040drogba: 10:21pm On Jun 17, 2019
Nigerian show thier imoral beheviour any where in the world per se, but let the man be taikin to psychatric.
Re: Man Destroys Cars At Nigerian High Commission In London Over Passport Delay by kemmylove101: 10:23pm On Jun 17, 2019
agbaman1782:
Go try this for British high commission for Nigeria, na that time you go see truck load of mobile police carry AK47 as if then don catch Shakau grin grin, please don't try this for naija, the kind beaten wey you for receive ehn!!!
You count nigeria as a sane country. do you think people are normal there. you are only back to normal once you step foot outside that place

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Destroys Cars At Nigerian High Commission In London Over Passport Delay by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:31pm On Jun 17, 2019
kemmylove101:

I think you people should begin by taking picture and video and post them on nairaland about the state of our embassy worldwide
most now search thoroughly because of what u just recommended bro..

U need to see for yourself u will understand that only us can fix that country together progressive minds...

Have a common goal forget every difference, set a target, come together and say with All of us in 20 years let history remember us.. Let's take our country back and place it atleast close to where we will be better...

Aim for the sky even if u don't make it u will fall amongst stars.... So they said...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Destroys Cars At Nigerian High Commission In London Over Passport Delay by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:33pm On Jun 17, 2019
gcof:
YOU’d be quick to blame the guy if you’ve not had an encounter with Nigeria high commissions abroad. That is where Nigeria’s incompetence is displayed on an international standard
I donate all likes to u

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Destroys Cars At Nigerian High Commission In London Over Passport Delay by Livefreeordieha(m): 10:35pm On Jun 17, 2019
kemmylove101:
you people livin in nigeria dont know what this embassy make us go through. as you can hear them, they are mostly hausa officials at the uk embassy. how many hausa people lives in the uk, yet they headed the commission.
If i tell you what i go through at our embassy in vienna. Pple comes as far as italy and they will tell you no server come next day.
God bless u... Ignorance and Stockholm syndrome is our major problem
Re: Man Destroys Cars At Nigerian High Commission In London Over Passport Delay by tomju(m): 10:37pm On Jun 17, 2019
On Twitter Nigeria Immigration showed the guys passport that it has been ready since June 6th! That he arrived late and without a collection slip.
My question is; How did they identify his passport to show us after he destroyed 5 cars? Couldn't they have used the same format to give him his passport in the first place? Because as we speak he still didn't present a slip. So how did they know its his own? The man intentionally did that to call the world's attention to their in efficiency as usual.
baliyubla:
Nigeria and Nigerians have exported their stupidity abroad. What is there in issuing a passport?
Re: Man Destroys Cars At Nigerian High Commission In London Over Passport Delay by lakesider(m): 11:15pm On Jun 17, 2019
Ngwamankillyou:
Only the illiterate home based animals from the zoo will see his actions as uncalled... They think the animalistic delays going here in the zoo can be tolerated by the far wiser diasporans living outside the zoo.

Kiss the truth.

Where do u live...?
Re: Man Destroys Cars At Nigerian High Commission In London Over Passport Delay by ReechadMarnay: 11:21pm On Jun 17, 2019
ornicus:

UK police do not take acts of gratuitous public vandalism seriously? Dey dia

Take it or leave it nothing will happen to the guy. The highest is a fine and community service except he had a bad record before. He was obviously taken to a cell and from there to court. Definitely not a criminal offence so I know what am saying.
Re: Man Destroys Cars At Nigerian High Commission In London Over Passport Delay by Nobody: 12:41am On Jun 18, 2019
ReechadMarnay:

Take it or leave it nothing will happen to the guy. The highest is a fine and community service except he had a bad record before. He was obviously taken to a cell and from there to court. Definitely not a criminal offence so I know what am saying.

the guy's name is already in the public space. lets see how this affects him at work. HR will look at him well well. no one wants a shot fuse employee. so f they pass him over for promotion will he smash all the pcs in the office. if na yankee of no gn control, will he go postal?

the embassy has already put all its own documentation together and now the guy looks like a typical nigerian thug

Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Chairman/CEO, Nigerians In Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM) has described the attitude of a 32-year old Nigerian, Jeffrey Apkovweta Ewohime who destroyed several properties of the Nigerian embassy in London as despicable and condemnable.In a statement by her media aide, Abdur-Rahman Balogun, said that such an attitude was unpatriotic, and an unconscionable act of indiscipline, Dabiri-Erewa said she received a report that Emohime went to the Nigeria Embasy in London on Monday,He had approached the Embassy to collect his passport which expired since Nov 2017 at about 2 p.m and was told collection of passports closes at 1pm.He then insisted on collecting his passport , and was told to bring his collection slip which he could not produce.

this is one of the things i constantly admonish my kids about. the moment you descend into violence, you have destroyed whatever case you have. Nigerians think making noise and smashing things and causing drama gets you results. All it does in a civilized environment is set you up

meanwhile

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Criminal_damage_in_English_law

Extent, penalties and procedure

The 1971 Act applies in England and Wales, and also to Northern Ireland by the Criminal Damage (Northern Ireland) Order 1977.[38]

Certain types of minor damage, such as graffiti, may be dealt with by the issue of fixed penalty notices as an alternative to prosecution.[39]

Non-aggravated offences involving damage valued at less than £5,000 are triable only summarily by magistrates and the maximum sentence is three months' imprisonment and a fine of £2,500. If the value of the property damaged exceeds £5,000, the defendant is entitled to claim trial on indictment by a jury, but if tried summarily, may be sentenced to up to six months in jail and a £5,000 fine. Where the value of the property is unclear, the court may hear representations as to value, but may also offer the defendant the option of summary trial, with limited penalties.[40]

Section 4 of the 1971 Act sets out that offences under sections 1(2) and 1(3) are punishable by a maximum term of life imprisonment and all others by a maximum of ten years' imprisonment. Section 30 of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998[41] sets out a higher maximum of 14 years' imprisonment for racially or religiously aggravated offences other than those already carrying a maximum of life imprisonment.

Courts are empowered by sections 130 to 133 of the Powers of Criminal Courts (Sentencing) Act 2000[42] to order payment of compensation by a convicted defendant. The limit is £5,000 per offence in a magistrates' court; the powers of the Crown Court are unlimited.

The Criminal Damage Act 1971 repealed the Dockyards, etc. Protection Act 1772,[43] which created the capital offences commonly known collectively as "arson in royal dockyards"; these had been overlooked when the death penalty for murder was abolished in 1965.
Re: Man Destroys Cars At Nigerian High Commission In London Over Passport Delay by alanmwene: 6:20am On Jun 18, 2019
His lawyer will claim he suffers from depression and he will be let off with a fine and a community service.Then ,his life now being n in danger,he cant go back to nigeria.His lawyer will ask for the british gvt to protect him.He will definitely get a permanent stay coz british people aint fools.They know how things work in nigeria,and they aint going to send him back there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Destroys Cars At Nigerian High Commission In London Over Passport Delay by erico2k2(m): 7:59pm On Jun 18, 2019
040drogba:
Nigerian show thier imoral beheviour any where in the world per se, but let the man be taikin to psychatric.
See dis one, sabi sabi,
Re: Man Destroys Cars At Nigerian High Commission In London Over Passport Delay by erico2k2(m): 8:04pm On Jun 18, 2019
ornicus:

the guy's name is already in the public space. lets see how this affects him at work. HR will look at him well well. no one wants a shot fuse employee. so f they pass him over for promotion will he smash all the pcs in the office. if na yankee of no gn control, will he go postal?

the embassy has already put all its own documentation together and now the guy looks like a typical nigerian thug

this is one of the things i constantly admonish my kids about. the moment you descend into violence, you have destroyed whatever case you have. Nigerians think making noise and smashing things and causing drama gets you results. All it does in a civilized environment is set you up

meanwhile

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Criminal_damage_in_English_law
EMployer ke, how do you know he is not self-employed?
Everyone including you has a limit to where you can be pushed. Did you see where it said he passport has been expired since 2017?
He can be charged for criminal damage and do not 4get the crb is held for 6 years if found guilty. Don't 4get the Embassy is not paying to fix these cars Insurance will so its at no cost to them in the 1st place, its the Insurance company that will claim claims and they will see if its worth it in the first place,The Job for the Police would be to look into the case of Public disturbance cos that would be what is at interest to the crown!
Re: Man Destroys Cars At Nigerian High Commission In London Over Passport Delay by erico2k2(m): 8:06pm On Jun 18, 2019
kemmylove101:

You count nigeria as a sane country. do you think people are normal there. you are only back to normal once you step foot outside that place
Bross Normal people do live in Nigeria if you ain't you can't survive there. Do you know the challenge an average Nigerian go fru day in day out? where the odds are always against you
Re: Man Destroys Cars At Nigerian High Commission In London Over Passport Delay by erico2k2(m): 8:07pm On Jun 18, 2019
slimfit1:

I don't see that happening with a good lawyer. His life is not safe now remember.
How you take know say this guy never park it in? if he came to Nigeria with his British passport nothing go happen to the guy.People we go exile still returned to 9ja nothing happen
Re: Man Destroys Cars At Nigerian High Commission In London Over Passport Delay by GoodFaith: 2:24pm On Jun 19, 2019
040drogba:

The dude is not sick but frustrated with all the trash of Nigerian government and people
Go have your personal experience
We talk after the great nice day you will have at Nigeria Embassies
Your story will changes FAST

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mayhem In Lagos, 4 Killed, 27 Vehicles Destroyed In Gang War / King Mavis Amarachi Who Almost Committed Suicide In Lagos Tells Her Story / Vincent Desmond: Police Accused Me Of Being A Yahoo Boy & Took Me To ATM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.