Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,034 members, 7,821,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Man Who Destroyed 5 Nigerian Embassy Cars, Arrested - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Who Destroyed 5 Nigerian Embassy Cars, Arrested (25346 Views)

The Delivery Man Who Steals Side Mirrors Of Cars Arrested In Lagos (Pictures) / Man Who Destroyed Akanu Ibiam Statue In Ebonyi, Arrested / CSP Akin Fakorede Recovers Cars & Arrested Deadly Armed Robbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Who Destroyed 5 Nigerian Embassy Cars, Arrested by MuttleyLaff: 8:47am On Jun 18, 2019
Flier:
You should get an award for these lies.
Nothing justifies what the fooool did at the embassy
I am sure he is going to jail 100%
It is a Premium service and you'll get the PP within 4 hours. Naija hasnt come to that level yet. I know it's stranger than you can imagine, but its true, anybody else can testify to having done same.

He obviously wasnt stable when he was edged over

1 Like

Re: Man Who Destroyed 5 Nigerian Embassy Cars, Arrested by geosegun(m): 8:57am On Jun 18, 2019
tactius:

See the guy's problem....

That statement may not be correct. The Nig embassy, in London is not competent enough, let us be sincere here.

The Embassy will always ask you to come and collect by hand. That statement was not correct. Even when Nigerians were paying for postal order, I think £20? (This illegality was stopped recently)- No one will send any passport to you. You still have to go and collect it by hand and it may not be ready at the stipulated date and no one will forewarn or advise you to come on the likely date that the passport could be ready. The Embassy lacks effective communication, their customer service was awful and they usually sound very rude on the phone.

There are many Nigerians who travelled from different part of the UK to London and only to be told that the passport was not ready, that they should come another day, and yet another day.... when you go back to the embassy, it still same story. Remember those are people that left their families, jobs, paid for child minding and spend £100s on transport and accommodation. Only to be told your passport was not ready and no one dared to inform you beforehand.

Do you want to hear this...this happen to my wife. So if you experience such incompetent institution that almost cost you your life. You will never rush to judge anyone's action. Although I am not in support of his destructive actions.

I can tell Abike Dabiri to her face that the whole Nigerian embassies process is ineffective, incompetent and should be overhauled.

I am talking from experience. Thousands of Nigerians here in the UK are not happy about their services. Let's call a spade a spade.

The Nigerian embassy in London is incompetent. I can confirm this...%100

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Who Destroyed 5 Nigerian Embassy Cars, Arrested by UncleJudax(m): 9:05am On Jun 18, 2019
tactius:

If that was a requirement, why was he not asked to provide it?
Re: Man Who Destroyed 5 Nigerian Embassy Cars, Arrested by obinnawhyte(m): 9:17am On Jun 18, 2019
hitng:
The 32-year-old Nigerian man who destroyed five embassy cars in London, yesterday, has been arrested by the police.
According to reports, Jeffery Apkovweta Ewohime initially caused problem at the Belgian embassy where his passport was confiscated.
After he was turned back by the embassy because he arrived "late", he lashed out by using iron rods and stones to destroy vehicles parked within the embassy's premises.
Muhammed Babandede, the Comptroller General of Immigration Service confimed the incident in a statement Monday night.
According to him, Ewohime arrived the Nigerian mission in London for passport services. He said, "He arrived late and was told by the Security that the Mission has closed for the day. .

He went about destroying Nigeria's diplomatic vehicles worth hundreds of thousands of taxpayers money. The passport in question has been issued since 6th of June 2019. .

He did not leave any self-addressed envelope for delivery." Meanwhile, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, senior special assitant to the president on Foreign Affairs, has also reacted to the embassy incident.

In a statement by her media aide, Abdur-Rahman Balogun, Abike described the action as "unpatriotic, and an unconscionable act of indiscipline."

In her account of events, Dabiri-Erewa said she received a report that Ewohime went to the Nigerian Embasy in London on Monday.

He had approached the Embassy to collect his passport which expired since November 2017, at about 2 pm, and was told collection of passports closes by 1 pm.

He then insisted on collecting his passport, and was told to bring his collection slip which he could not produce. According to reports from the Embassy, it would be wrong to hand over his passport to him, without his collection slip.

He, thereafter, left agitated and returned from a nearby hotel to destroy about seven cars, five belonging to the mission, and two to visitors who parked nearby.

https://www.hitng.info/2019/06/man-who-destroyed-5-nigerian-embassy.html

If only we can hear from the guy....there's an action to every reaction. Something they're not telling us triggered this

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Destroyed 5 Nigerian Embassy Cars, Arrested by lonelygem(m): 9:31am On Jun 18, 2019
Sunofgod:
I'm sure the embassy no get insurance on those cars..... Common windscreen damage and you are making this much noise.

Better still..... Have you people settled your congestion fees that are in the millions owed to the British govt?

The guy did well..... Upon all the people you people frustrate daily with your backward processes.

To renew a British passport you do it all online......

There is no justification for violence.. The system might not be credible and convenient, its well understood, but if every Nigerian home and abroad put up this kind of attitude upon every disappointment, he wouldn't even find the office there in the first place.

This is why I have my reservation about people generally, I don't respect physique and appearances, I pay more attention on psyche and link it to maturity.

Violence should not be condone even in its slightest form. I once missed a flight Owerri to Abuja when I had important business meeting to attend due to misinformation from the airline operator. I had to transit LOS and rerouted Abj, incurred tipple of the initial plan. Why didn't I go violent?

As a matter of fact, this guy should face the full blown of the law. This offense amounts to National Sabotage.

He shouldn't be treated special nor different from the Militants. Yeah! Its the same mentality. They assume the government is not doing things right and resulted to violence and attack.. They are products of uncultured parents who in turn breed potential problems for the society to manage.

U see, many parents needs a lot of training and discipline, but our perception about marriage is basically centred at Age margin.

Just because people have physically and age wise attain the age of marriage, our own society believe he or she should be married. What about mental and emotional maturity? What about psychological reasoning and anger management to really manage a sustainable homes.

That is why I always tell people, not only the parents suffer for every uncultured child raised without discipline and thrown to the society. That is a logical way of destroying the society we all live in. Too bad these type of children often makes the society unbearable for the good ones and their well trained children.

This type of guys would hang behind Microsoft keypad in their careless awkward to deliberate on sensitive matters and advice people on Nairaland..

He should face the wrath of the law for National sabotage.

My advice to everyone is, every child has tendency for violence, it starts from throwing things away and falling seats when they are angry, we shouldn't condone it in any way..

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Who Destroyed 5 Nigerian Embassy Cars, Arrested by ledaman: 9:34am On Jun 18, 2019
Deportation loading!
Re: Man Who Destroyed 5 Nigerian Embassy Cars, Arrested by Ikville(m): 9:41am On Jun 18, 2019
All d bastards politician (particularly DABIRI) r quick to react to dis. We r still waiting for dem to react to d enslavement of Nigerians in Libya, or d systematic deportation of Nigerians from Europe & America. Devil piss for their mouths

1 Like

Re: Man Who Destroyed 5 Nigerian Embassy Cars, Arrested by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 18, 2019
London abi na UK is not naija. Let them go to court I doubt if the embassy will win him. He's only offence is the car he destroy. If he had beaten up those embassy workers I would be more than happy.

3 Likes

Re: Man Who Destroyed 5 Nigerian Embassy Cars, Arrested by Sarah20A(f): 10:11am On Jun 18, 2019
hitng:
The 32-year-old Nigerian man who destroyed five embassy cars in London, yesterday, has been arrested by the police.
According to reports, Jeffery Apkovweta Ewohime initially caused problem at the Belgian embassy where his passport was confiscated.
After he was turned back by the embassy because he arrived "late", he lashed out by using iron rods and stones to destroy vehicles parked within the embassy's premises.
Muhammed Babandede, the Comptroller General of Immigration Service confimed the incident in a statement Monday night.
According to him, Ewohime arrived the Nigerian mission in London for passport services. He said, "He arrived late and was told by the Security that the Mission has closed for the day. .

He went about destroying Nigeria's diplomatic vehicles worth hundreds of thousands of taxpayers money. The passport in question has been issued since 6th of June 2019. .

He did not leave any self-addressed envelope for delivery." Meanwhile, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, senior special assitant to the president on Foreign Affairs, has also reacted to the embassy incident.

In a statement by her media aide, Abdur-Rahman Balogun, Abike described the action as "unpatriotic, and an unconscionable act of indiscipline."

In her account of events, Dabiri-Erewa said she received a report that Ewohime went to the Nigerian Embasy in London on Monday.

He had approached the Embassy to collect his passport which expired since November 2017, at about 2 pm, and was told collection of passports closes by 1 pm.

He then insisted on collecting his passport, and was told to bring his collection slip which he could not produce. According to reports from the Embassy, it would be wrong to hand over his passport to him, without his collection slip.

He, thereafter, left agitated and returned from a nearby hotel to destroy about seven cars, five belonging to the mission, and two to visitors who parked nearby.

https://www.hitng.info/2019/06/man-who-destroyed-5-nigerian-embassy.html

this one na pure lie undecided Nigerian embassy worldwide are wicked,useless and frustrating

1 Like

Re: Man Who Destroyed 5 Nigerian Embassy Cars, Arrested by nedu103: 10:16am On Jun 18, 2019
hmmm, poor guy, if only your hands were in your pocket this wouldn't have happen. anger na bad thing
Re: Man Who Destroyed 5 Nigerian Embassy Cars, Arrested by honourablelumis: 10:39am On Jun 18, 2019
Village people at work

Re: Man Who Destroyed 5 Nigerian Embassy Cars, Arrested by frozen70(f): 11:25am On Jun 18, 2019
Let him face it

His madness has gained him some stupid problems to him amd his entire family

He might be denied passport or visa since he is a dual citizen for life

That means he may deported and never leave the shores for life until those vehicles are replaced

We dey here dey suffer, we no misbehave and you dey there the flex and still dey misbehave

Come down come suffer small, E don tey.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Who Destroyed 5 Nigerian Embassy Cars, Arrested by uvie66: 11:49am On Jun 18, 2019
utenwuson:
How can an office issuing passport close by 1pm, the only mistake he did was not to enter the office and physically beat the hell out the fortunate workers who are gross incompetent and rude, those cars are innocent, the staff aren't.......
That closing time still baffles me till today, you open 8.00 hrs to close 1300 hrs. I don't get it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Who Destroyed 5 Nigerian Embassy Cars, Arrested by TyDimplez: 12:57pm On Jun 18, 2019
His ancestors are calling him and he needs to answer joor
Re: Man Who Destroyed 5 Nigerian Embassy Cars, Arrested by shiwex: 3:36pm On Jun 18, 2019
Good for them, stupid set of people, inept, grossly ineffective system being order of the day.A student will come up with a more effective way of running the passport and visa process in that embassy. One of the worst embassy i have visited, complete chaos, Unskilled officials, dirty environment, extremely noisy and unruly Poor system that should have been reviewed and modernised. Like all Nigerian institutions, poor training, no apathy, fully dis organised and very shameful. I have visited Ghana and Jamaica embassy and the difference is clear. God save Nigeria. I pray this don't end with a war one day in Nigeria.
Re: Man Who Destroyed 5 Nigerian Embassy Cars, Arrested by salford: 3:38pm On Jun 18, 2019
Back2Daura:
Our government can frustrate you when you need them the most. Abike lied guys. When you wanna apply for passport you fill in your address and phone numbers. Why lie against the guy. I guess the security manhandled him.
and you submit a self address courier as well. Why did the guy not submit his.

Not like i am supporting the embassy officials since they can frustrate applicants too, but this guy went overboard.
Re: Man Who Destroyed 5 Nigerian Embassy Cars, Arrested by geosegun(m): 5:27pm On Jun 18, 2019
salford:

and you submit a self address courier as well. Why did the guy not submit his.

Not like i am supporting the embassy officials since they can frustrate applicants too, but this guy went overboard.

Nigerian Embassy will not send your passport. It is mandatory for you to collect by hand. Forget what you just read in the press it for PR only. They know a reasonable person like you will question why the applicant never submitted self addressed envelop.

Now let me burst their bubble. One is required to submit his/her slip before collecting their passport, right? How will they collect the slip if they require a self addressed envelop? That assertion was not correct. It's all a lie. They are only trying to safe face. Many people can testify to this...

Nigeria embassy will never send your passport to you. You are required to come down and collect it in person. Even when we were paying £20 for postal order. The money just de enter voice mail...

We know the truth. However the young man went overboard for destroying cars. He shouldn't have done that...but looking at the treatment some Nigerians recieved at the embassy, the Nigerian embassy is guilty of incompetence and lack of empathy.
Re: Man Who Destroyed 5 Nigerian Embassy Cars, Arrested by nwanyionitsha: 6:13pm On Jun 18, 2019
Sunofgod:
I'm sure the embassy no get insurance on those cars..... Common windscreen damage and you are making this much noise.

Better still..... Have you people settled your congestion fees that are in the millions owed to the British govt?

The guy did well..... Upon all the people you people frustrate daily with your backward processes.

To renew a British passport you do it all online......
Shut up if you dont know how things work.
Re: Man Who Destroyed 5 Nigerian Embassy Cars, Arrested by zolajpower: 6:41pm On Jun 18, 2019
tactius:

Never undermine or underestimate the power of village people, dey work in diverse means . Only God can protect us from them . shocked
Re: Man Who Destroyed 5 Nigerian Embassy Cars, Arrested by sweetgala(m): 8:37am On Jun 19, 2019
Vacora:

Criminal Damage of property worth over £5000, broda is looking at least 7 years. Those were luxury vehicles and the insurers or the insurance companies will go for max. No kaseem required, straight to Mercedes Benz Daimler AG and they produce the bill to the prosecutors.

He now has a criminal record, fingerprints, photographs and DNA stored indefinitely on the database. He could find he is unable to enter certain countries or his visa application denied. He should have used the tactics these oyinbo climate change protestors use? Chain yourself to the doors of the embassy, na police and embassy go beg once it is all done peacefully. A moment of madness and now a lifetime of regret.

Did you say 5 grand. I'm certain the new rear glass on that black Merc is no less than 2grand before we talk about of labour. Paint job is probably another 4k. That is a write off from the insurance perspective. And that is not the only. How I wish my car was damaged I'll just get every dent on it fixed for free.
Re: Man Who Destroyed 5 Nigerian Embassy Cars, Arrested by Vacora(m): 9:27pm On Jun 19, 2019
sweetgala:

Did you say 5 grand. I'm certain the new rear glass on that black Merc is no less than 2grand before we talk about of labour. Paint job is probably another 4k. That is a write off from the insurance perspective. And that is not the only. How I wish my car was damaged I'll just get every dent on it fixed for free.

£5000 is the threshold for the upper tier offence of criminal damage so 7 years custodial sentence. Allegedly smashed up 7 cars belonging to the embassy so the cost for repairs will exceed £5000 of course as you rightly said.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Children Buried Alive By Mudslide In Cross River / A Keke Rider Was Slain By His Friends In Jalingo (Photo) / Why We Killed 50 Victims, By Robbery Suspects (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.