Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

4 Children Buried Alive By Mudslide In Cross River - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 4 Children Buried Alive By Mudslide In Cross River (25334 Views)

Chinyere Magella Ogudoro & Brother Burnt Alive By Husband,Benjamin Ogudoro / Pretty 17-Year-Old Girl Buried Alive After Leaving Nightclub In Argentina (Pics) / Mother Throws Baby Into A Gutter In Yobe, Baby Rescued Alive By Residents (2) (3) (4)

4 Children Buried Alive By Mudslide In Cross River by NaijaCover(m): 3:02pm On Jul 13, 2022
Four Children of the same parents have been buried alive by a mudslide in the Okangbang community off Nasarawa in 8 miles, Calabar Municipality, Cross River State.

Father of the deceased children, Ndifreke Nkanta, who is physically challenged, confirmed the incident.

He said the four children died instantly but that the other remaining two sustained degrees of injuries and have been admitted in hospital.

“The sad incident happened Sunday evening after a heavy downpour which brought down many houses in the area.

“I have lost my four out of my six children who were in the house that collapsed on them as a result of the mudslide. They were eating when the house collapsed on them and swept them away.

“My other two children are in critical conditions in the hospital.

“I did not take even a pin from the house when the flood swept it away.

“Now I have no money even to pay for the surviving two. I have nowhere to live. I appeal for public supports. I need a house. I need a job. I need food to give to these two in the hospital,” he said.

Chairman of the community, Mr Asanga Donatus, disclosed that the bereaved father has been grieving, and was financially challenged, too.

“As I speak to you, he has no money to even pay for treatment of the two in hospital, even though he is a petty trader.

“The condition of our neighborhood is really precarious and needs government swift intervention to avert further collapse of houses and losses of lives”, he stressed.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2022/07/13/father-cries-for-help-as-4-children-buried-alive-by-mudslide-in-cross-river/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: 4 Children Buried Alive By Mudslide In Cross River by NaijaCover(m): 3:07pm On Jul 13, 2022
Shapeaso:

See More Bad News Via www.. Com

Re: 4 Children Buried Alive By Mudslide In Cross River by tonicyril: 3:12pm On Jul 13, 2022
Chai
Re: 4 Children Buried Alive By Mudslide In Cross River by Seniorwriter(m): 3:22pm On Jul 13, 2022
Seriously sad occurrence!

@Seniorwriter

Re: 4 Children Buried Alive By Mudslide In Cross River by Fashionista01(f): 3:25pm On Jul 13, 2022
Poor kids, may their souls rest in peace.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Children Buried Alive By Mudslide In Cross River by Stallionhorse: 3:39pm On Jul 13, 2022
I grew up in calabar. Right from my childhood landslide, golly erosion was a major issue.. The government pin pointed areas not safe for living. Its pure ignorance and carelessness on the part of the parents because at his age he should know much better.. Poor kids.. There died cause they have a mental father.. May their souls rest in peace.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Children Buried Alive By Mudslide In Cross River by Cypress042(m): 3:42pm On Jul 13, 2022
R.i.p to them sad

Re: 4 Children Buried Alive By Mudslide In Cross River by dopedan(m): 7:55pm On Jul 13, 2022
See d man pose na
Let him better have his pvc
Like for obi share for tinu baby

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Children Buried Alive By Mudslide In Cross River by VeryWickedMan: 7:55pm On Jul 13, 2022
4 human sacrifices at once means that Okangbang community will be prosperous for the next 4 years

Re: 4 Children Buried Alive By Mudslide In Cross River by Melodydoctor: 7:56pm On Jul 13, 2022
Bad
Re: 4 Children Buried Alive By Mudslide In Cross River by phygo89(m): 7:56pm On Jul 13, 2022
Naija bad news cover on the beat
Re: 4 Children Buried Alive By Mudslide In Cross River by dejio42(m): 7:57pm On Jul 13, 2022
and bad news ehhhh

Re: 4 Children Buried Alive By Mudslide In Cross River by Melodydoctor: 7:57pm On Jul 13, 2022
post=114696222:

See More Bad News Via www.. Com
The one I just see is bad enough oga

Re: 4 Children Buried Alive By Mudslide In Cross River by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 7:57pm On Jul 13, 2022
Is well.......poor kids
Re: 4 Children Buried Alive By Mudslide In Cross River by chibu4u2(m): 7:58pm On Jul 13, 2022
Stallionhorse:
I grew up in calabar. Right from my childhood landslide, golly erosion was a major issue.. The government pin pointed areas not safe for living. Its pure ignorance and carelessness on the part of the parents because at his age he should know much better.. Poor kids.. There died cause they have a mental father.. May their souls rest in peace.

Though harsh, u really said the truth. Just ignorance and carelessness.
Living in a mudslide, sandslide, erosion, gully prone areas and all is a risk on its own.

Re: 4 Children Buried Alive By Mudslide In Cross River by ObosiUkwalla: 7:59pm On Jul 13, 2022
This shall be the portion of all urchins and their families.

RIP to the innocent souls
Re: 4 Children Buried Alive By Mudslide In Cross River by mccloud224(m): 8:01pm On Jul 13, 2022
Physically challenged man with six kids...tomorrow mad ppl will blame govt for hardship/ poverty.

Re: 4 Children Buried Alive By Mudslide In Cross River by mcgodison2531(m): 8:02pm On Jul 13, 2022
Such a pity

Re: 4 Children Buried Alive By Mudslide In Cross River by Easy2pips: 8:03pm On Jul 13, 2022
Some kind news for this country just dey give person heart attack cry

Re: 4 Children Buried Alive By Mudslide In Cross River by juman(m): 8:03pm On Jul 13, 2022
Sorry o.
Flooding plenty nowadays.
Climate change would cause more than a billion death. The world would cry and cry.

While many american politicians are saying there is nothing like climate change.
Thats dulling.
Re: 4 Children Buried Alive By Mudslide In Cross River by illicit(m): 8:04pm On Jul 13, 2022
Very bad news
Re: 4 Children Buried Alive By Mudslide In Cross River by yad2eidi: 8:07pm On Jul 13, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
4 human sacrifices at once means that Okangbang community will be prosperous for the next 4 years
I see coffin hovering around your head grin
Re: 4 Children Buried Alive By Mudslide In Cross River by juman(m): 8:10pm On Jul 13, 2022
The government should please treat the remaining children.
Tough time for them.

Re: 4 Children Buried Alive By Mudslide In Cross River by Triangles1(m): 8:10pm On Jul 13, 2022
Heya
Re: 4 Children Buried Alive By Mudslide In Cross River by sonnie10: 8:14pm On Jul 13, 2022
Stallionhorse:

The early government did a good job with the drainage system. They had canals round the city major residential areas. You would notice the canals crossing calabar road near whitehouse through chambly, ebuka, ephraim, down to palm street, uwanse to the river there.
But the newly developed areas like 8 miles where this incident happened lack such drainage system.

Fake Drug Manufacturers Arrested By Police In Lagos, Materials Recovered (Photos / Fake Military Officers Killing And Abducting People In Jos / Soldier Beats Up Police Officer Controlling Traffic In Calabar (Video)