Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar (21402 Views)

World Cup: Ivana Knoll Slammed For Wearing Sexy Outfit To Qatar. She Reacts / Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA / Diego Maradona And Michel Platini: The Irony Of Life In One Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by Randy100: 12:27pm On Jun 18, 2019
cucumbae:
What about the club officials that fixed match for the bookies?
Same fate awaits them.
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by Witlee(m): 12:28pm On Jun 18, 2019
Why not trade your bitcoin and gift card with us
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by Eserise1(m): 12:28pm On Jun 18, 2019
freemanbubble:
Those Arab nations are hot like fire
Qatar
Oman
Dubai
Mehnnn those country dey hot like fire.
Na air conditioner them dey use twenty four seven

Dubai still good small
But Oman worse

Arab money!!!

Bros ehnnn
Their money too long o

Na when one maga pay me inside last year from Oman
Now im i take know say their Money long

Na 1200 I see for money gram
But when i reach wema bank
Na there i for know say
Their 1 omani rial is equal to 1000 naira

Which means na about 1.2million

And women go still dey wear hijab and veil there waka
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by Okuda(m): 12:29pm On Jun 18, 2019
Clubmaster:
As in I am still trying to figure out how a non footballing country coupled with a non conducive weather for high level footballing activities like Qatar won the rights to host a world cup.

Corruption everywhere you go like MTN smiley

non conducive weather you say? watch them put OYE inside all the stadiums then you would understand that there are some countries that mean business..which kine yeye talk be non footballing countries. no be there world stars dey go retire?
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by freemanbubble: 12:31pm On Jun 18, 2019
Eserise1:

And women go still dey wear hijab and veil there waka

Nor mind them

But their air conditioner dey work steadily

1 Like

Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by anabose: 12:32pm On Jun 18, 2019
Dayobengy5wi:
Read below it
Omo bet9ja guys or scammers una nor de rest, season don finish na
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by Manifoldlove: 12:34pm On Jun 18, 2019
Kill the one in your country first undecided
Randy100:
Yes oh. Corruption in football must die.

1 Like

Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by anonymous1759(m): 12:36pm On Jun 18, 2019
FuckDaMods:
Very corrupt man, that's how kept giving balon dor to his favourite boy without the right merits.

Oga Shatap, no bring Messi come this argument. When Ronaldo won Ballon d'or ahead of Riberry he was not corrupt. We all know the English press are pained and the entire Europe that's why they're looking into it with an eagle eye. If you want to take a deep look at everything you'll find out it's not perfect.

1 Like

Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by FuckDaMods: 12:38pm On Jun 18, 2019
anonymous1759:

Oga Shatap, no bring Messi come this argument. When Ronaldo won Ballon d'or ahead of Riberry he was not corrupt. We all know the English press are pained and the entire Europe that's why they're looking into it with an eagle eye. If you want to take a deep look at everything you'll find out it's not perfect.
I don't argue with messi fans, they are never objective.

2 Likes

Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by Randy100: 12:39pm On Jun 18, 2019
It is a gradual something.
Manifoldlove:
Kill the one in your country first undecided
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by Freshbaba95(m): 12:44pm On Jun 18, 2019
kikio1992:
Heads have rolled over this 2022 World Cup

England are still pained after losing the bidding to Qatar, that is why they have been working so hard to bring this guys down. Though, they are guilty at some level
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by Freshbaba95(m): 12:47pm On Jun 18, 2019
Okuda:

non conducive weather you say? watch them put OYE inside all the stadiums then you would understand that there are some countries that mean business..which kine yeye talk be non footballing countries. no be there world stars dey go retire?

Don't mind that fellow. Am still trying to figure out why he said they are non footballing country.
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by peressteve: 12:48pm On Jun 18, 2019
Dat is d idiot who made Barcelona great with dirty fair play
thereturnoflucy:
Michel Platini has been arrested over the awarding of the 2022 FIFA World Cup to Qatar in December 2010.

The former president of Uefa and head of European football was detained by French police on Tuesday morning (18th June 2019) in Nanterre, a western suburb of Paris, as part of the investigation into corruption surrounding how the 2022 World Cup hosting rights were awarded.

The report also claims that Claude Gueant, who formerly advised ex-French president Nicolas Sarkozy as Secretary General, has also been taken in for questioning but has not been arrested.

Former vice-president Jack Warner claimed an e-mail had been publicised amid allegations Qatar had ‘bought’ the Wold Cup – although the bid team have denied any wrongdoing.

During his playing days, Platini was crowned Ballon d’Or winner three times in a row between 1983 and 1985.

This is a developing story visit page below for updates

https://kikiotolu.com/michel-platini-arrested-2022-world-cup/

Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by anonymous1759(m): 12:58pm On Jun 18, 2019
FuckDaMods:

I don't argue with messi fans, they are never objective.

I don't argue with Ronaldo and ipob fans they're too emotional about everything... Objective doesn't exist in their dictionary.

1 Like

Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by goodnewsbabe: 1:02pm On Jun 18, 2019
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 18, 2019
freemanbubble:
Qatar
Oman
Dubai

Dubai still good small
But Oman worse

Arab money!!!

Bros ehnnn
Their money too long o

Na 1200 i see for money gram
Na there i for know say

Which means the 1200 omani rial is about 1.2million

This cancels the myth that the hot weather of an environment will make u black.The Arabs from this part are.very fair

2 Likes

Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by Realbelieveer(m): 1:09pm On Jun 18, 2019
freemanbubble:
Qatar
Oman
Dubai

Dubai still good small
But Oman worse

Arab money!!!

Bros ehnnn
Their money too long o

Na there i for know say

Make I be your paddy na. I need update grin
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by hsegreat1: 1:10pm On Jun 18, 2019
if they like let them arrest all the FIFA officials qatar must host the world cup
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by Ekmigo: 1:25pm On Jun 18, 2019
if i were does does football executives i wouldn't have visited france....if u know u know
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by Lukebryan2sure: 1:28pm On Jun 18, 2019
freemanbubble:
Qatar
Oman
Dubai

Dubai still good small
But Oman worse

What's d difference BTW u n yahoo boy for street
See as u dey glorify yahoo yahoo
No different BTW u n naira marley
Arab money!!!

Bros ehnnn
Their money too long o

Na there i for know say

What's d difference BTW u n yahoo boy for street
See as u dey glorify yahoo yahoo
No different BTW u n naira marley
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by Bbdot(m): 1:32pm On Jun 18, 2019
Former uefalona president.. Jail the idiot and troeway the key
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 18, 2019
freemanbubble:
Qatar
Oman
Dubai

Dubai still good small
But Oman worse

Arab money!!!

Bros ehnnn
Their money too long o

Na there i for know say

Oman we go cool
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by safetyInspector(m): 1:47pm On Jun 18, 2019
The fact is that former FIFA President wanted the hosting of world cup to go round. Remember he first gave to South African, then Russia and finally Qatar. Qatar is not a football country yet they won the last Asian cup, how many times have Nigeria win AFCON yet we are football country. Qatar is actually building their stadium to suit the weather, I was in the opening ceremony of one(Al Wakra stadium) it is air-conditioned.
Clubmaster:
As in I am still trying to figure out how a non footballing country coupled with a non conducive weather for high level footballing activities like Qatar won the rights to host a world cup.

Corruption everywhere you go like MTN smiley
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by freemanbubble: 2:06pm On Jun 18, 2019
Realbelieveer:

Make I be your paddy na. I need update grin

You need to dey Benin city
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by BlackZeus17: 2:53pm On Jun 18, 2019
sepp blatter needs to be arrested too for giving Messi the 2010 balon d'or and gifting Ronaldo the 2013 balon d'or which was well deserved by sneijder and ribery respectively
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by liberalchick(f): 2:55pm On Jun 18, 2019
But they still had to move World Cup date to Nov-Dec, final match is on Dec 18th. Most leagues will have to shuffle dates to accommodate this, most are not happy with the disruptions Qatar 2022 will create.
safetyInspector:
The fact is that former FIFA President wanted the hosting of world cup to go round. Remember he first gave to South African, then Russia and finally Qatar. Qatar is not a football country yet they won the last Asian cup, how many times have Nigeria win AFCON yet we are football country. Qatar is actually building their stadium to suit the weather, I was in the opening ceremony of one(Al Wakra stadium) it is air-conditioned.
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by kutashi: 2:58pm On Jun 18, 2019
Arab money!!!

Bros ehnnn
Their money too long o

Na there i for know say

[/quote]
Awon eyan Naira Marley! May EFCC fall on u!
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by Esomchi800(m): 5:13pm On Jun 18, 2019
freemanbubble:
Those Arab nations are hot like fire Qatar Oman Dubai Mehnnn those country dey hot like fire. Na air conditioner them dey use twenty four seven
Dubai still good small But Oman worse

Arab money!!!
Bros ehnnn Their money too long o
Na when one maga pay me inside last year from Oman Now im i take know say their Money long
Na 1200 i see for money gram But when i reach wema bank Na there i for know say Their 1 omani rial is equal to 1000 naira
Which work u dey do guy
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by mozona(m): 5:29pm On Jun 18, 2019
2022 world cup host would have gone to England after presentation by both countries, but the fraud choose Qatar instead.
Re: Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar by safetyInspector(m): 6:19pm On Jun 18, 2019
FIFA is only considering the temperature/humidity outside the stadia �️. This was a late decision nevertheless Qatar is building their stadia as per the proposal the made during the bidding process.
liberalchick:
But they still had to move World Cup date to Nov-Dec, final match is on Dec 18th. Most leagues will have to shuffle dates to accommodate this, most are not happy with the disruptions Qatar 2022 will create.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goals & Assists: Ronaldo 9-3 Messi! Who Has Better Performance This Season? / PHOTOS: Supporters Of J.S Saoura, Of Algeria Storm Popular Enugu Market / Abdel Rahim Mohamed Dies Of Heart Attack After Team's World Cup Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.