Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,885 members, 7,810,394 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA (18574 Views)

Diego Maradona And Michel Platini: The Irony Of Life In One Photo / Michel Platini Arrested Amid Investigation Into Award Of 2022 World Cup To Qatar / Sepp Blatter: "Nigeria Will Be A Troublemaker At Russia 2018 World Cup" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by HonNL: 10:20am On Jul 08, 2022
Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini were acquitted on charges of defrauding FIFA by a Swiss criminal court on Friday, a rare positive outcome for the pair who were among soccer’s most powerful figures before being embroiled in corruption investigations.

Swiss prosecutor Thomas Hildbrand had requested a 20-month suspended sentence for each at the end of the trial at the Federal Criminal Court of Switzerland in Bellinzona.

“Following the decision of the judges of the Court of Bellinzona, this morning, I wanted to express my happiness for all my loved ones that justice has finally been done after seven years of lies and manipulation,” Platini said in a statement. “The truth has come to light during this trial.

“I kept saying it: my fight is a fight against injustice. I won a first game. In this case, there are culprits who did not appear during this trial. Let them count on me, we will meet again. Because I will not give up and I will go all the way in my quest for truth.”

The case was centered around a $2 million payment from FIFA to Platini with Blatter’s approval in 2011, for work done a decade earlier.

Blatter announced his plan to resign early as president, in June 2015, in the fallout from a sprawling American corruption investigation — ending his 17-year reign. A separate but cooperating case by Swiss prosecutors led to the Platini payment being investigated.

The fallout ended Platini’s campaign to succeed his former mentor and saw the former French soccer great removed as president of UEFA, the governing body of European soccer.

“Believe me, going from being a legend of world soccer to a devil is very difficult, especially when it comes to you in a totally unfair way,” Platini added.

Both Blatter and Platini have long denied wrongdoing and claim they had a verbal deal in 1998 for Platini to get extra salary that FIFA could not pay at the time. Platini signed a contract in August 1999 to be paid 300,000 Swiss francs ($300,000) annually.

That defense first failed with judges at the FIFA ethics committee, which banned them from soccer, and later in separate appeals at the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

SOURCE

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by MITCHELL96: 10:22am On Jul 08, 2022
Corrupt people that wanted to kill and bury the most beautiful game in the world

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by Righteousness2(m): 10:58am On Jul 08, 2022
Congratulations to Blatter and Platini on being exonerated by the Earthly court.

A day is coming, when everyone would stand before the ALMIGHTY JUDGE of the Universe. There would be no appealing or any lawyer to represent you and I, as your record on Earth will be put out clearly.

Nobody will help anybody. No Father will stand for the son or daughter. No pastor will stand for member. Even twins will not stand together.

Now is the time to settle your relationship with GOD. Now is the time to come to JESUS Christ. There will be no abeg on that side.

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by temitope27(m): 3:52pm On Jul 08, 2022
Dem never rest for these guys matter

1 Like

Re: Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by inoki247: 3:52pm On Jul 08, 2022
Good for them undecided undecided undecided

Hope say if dem be black you people no go serve dem breakfast shocked shocked

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by Kzinne: 3:52pm On Jul 08, 2022
White supremacists. Meanwhile Samson Siasia has been banned for life while RKelly is in jail

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by Nairaweb: 3:52pm On Jul 08, 2022
Haaa OLE

2 Likes

Re: Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by ThinkWISELY(m): 3:52pm On Jul 08, 2022
There's no how you would be in position without scandals.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by NwaNimo1(m): 3:52pm On Jul 08, 2022

4 Likes

Re: Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by kolafolabi(m): 3:53pm On Jul 08, 2022
Hmm
Re: Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by madridguy(m): 3:53pm On Jul 08, 2022
tongue
Re: Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by olatade(m): 3:53pm On Jul 08, 2022
Must have been a pretty big brown envelope needed for that one.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by Dude397(m): 3:53pm On Jul 08, 2022
Good for them
Re: Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by Amazondepth(m): 3:53pm On Jul 08, 2022
After the denigration and embarassment!what happens to d destroyed,damaged and almost irredeemable integrity ?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by Seniorwriter(m): 3:54pm On Jul 08, 2022
Money changed hands....lo and behold they called it giftings and everyone rested their case!

In another news read below;
So much money in soccer...
If you are a (sports) soccer lover and you have upto or spare $200 capital yet don't earn @least $50 on a daily from (sports) or soccer then you have been gambling rather than trading.
For instance if as a sports trader you trade your $200 on any odds not less than 1.3 daily you'll earn over $50 profits on a daily...
$200 × 1.3= $260. profit is $60
I have groomed prodigess and also offer a robust mentorship for a fee(though relatively high fee) on trade risk management and trade options....

Feel free to key in if interested...

@Seniorwriter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by SecretReporter(f): 3:55pm On Jul 08, 2022
Ok
Re: Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by stano2(m): 3:55pm On Jul 08, 2022
Hmmmmm
Re: Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by judedwriter(m): 3:56pm On Jul 08, 2022
Indomie generation will never know what a genius platini was for France and juventus in the midfield..

Was shocked to hear he was accused of fraud, looks like a perfect gentleman on and off the pitch! grin

3 Likes

Re: Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by jkpbestseries: 3:56pm On Jul 08, 2022
Sepp Blatter should go and rest... Football is not his birth right.... It seems that they are arsenal fans.... The gunners for Life....! Even he is free and declared corruption free.... He should go and rest

2 Likes

Re: Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by datopaper(m): 3:57pm On Jul 08, 2022
Jubilation galoree
Re: Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by GeneralPula: 3:58pm On Jul 08, 2022
Tell them they should not bother anymore..

Football is already loosing it..

1 Like

Re: Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 08, 2022
Hmm..
Re: Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by Electorate: 3:59pm On Jul 08, 2022
HonNL:

SOURCE

Now what happens to their character assignation?

Btw, the way some developers have now turn nairaland to their home, I hope seun has it copywrited before they claim it like they are claiming Lagos.

I did not mention names..

Typing from the Zoo.

Re: Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by tobby98: 3:59pm On Jul 08, 2022
Hw
Re: Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 08, 2022
Kzinne:
White supremacists. Meanwhile Samson Siasia has been banned for life while RKelly is in jail

Blatter is not out of the woods yet...there is the fallout from the USA investigation in 2015 to come....and a lot of whites were caught up in that.

R kelly is in jail for the same reason far more white people are in jail...abusing minors secually. And there was evidence, it was an open secret, and he got away with it till he was caught. There are a lot of black entertainers and celebs not in jail because they chose to sleep with women of age, not little kids.

17 Likes

Re: Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 08, 2022
judedwriter:
Indomie generation will never know what a genius platini was for France and juventus in the midfield..

Was shocked to hear he was accused of fraud, looks like a perfect gentleman on and off the pitch! grin

Indeed...part of the best ever French squad never to win a world cup.
Re: Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by jaxxy(m): 4:00pm On Jul 08, 2022
Is this a joke?
Re: Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by Ucloaded01: 4:01pm On Jul 08, 2022
They should be Obidient and Yusful as football association leaders. If not it is POssible to flog them with BAT massarilessly.

Vote for Obi/Datti 2023

2 Likes

Re: Blatter And Platini Acquitted On Charges Of Defrauding FIFA by tillaman(m): 4:02pm On Jul 08, 2022
Blatter na original thief no doubt about it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gernot Rohr Wants To Continue As Super Eagles Coach / Segun Bello: How Wheelchair Basketball Star Survived 'Killer' Injection / Panathinaikos Vs Olympiakos Abandoned After Fans Attack Players (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.