Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,000 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians (5938 Views)

Social Media Is Now A Menace, Must Be Regulated - Gbajabiamila / See What A Ghanaian Said About Buhari On Twitter, Nigerians React / IGP Ibrahim Idris: 'Social Media Is A Technology For The Criminally Minded' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by ebonyking: 5:25pm On Jun 18, 2019
Please go through the below and judge for yourself if the Professor is really hatching a plan to tear up up at suggested by the headline and the understone in the write up below:
_------------_--------------------
Nigerian Professor hatches up plan to 'tear

Source: https://mobile.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/Nigerian-Professor-hatches-plot-to-tear-up-Ghana-755688

A Nigerian Professor at the University of Ghana by name Augustine Nwabara is inciting the Nigerian media and community in Ghana to take up strategies that would destroy the image of Ghana to the world.

In a video gone viral on social media, the Prof in a meet up with some Nigerians in the country implored the Nigerian media to tear in the eyes of the international community through negative reportage.

According to the professor, Nigeria already has a bad image mainly because of how they’ve been branded by others especially by Ghana, so it is time to reciprocate that by coming up with innovative ideas and strategies.

Citing some strategies for their mission to work effectively, the professor said “We’re highly skilled and highly talented and blessed people but many at time we lack strategy, Nigerians tend to lack strategy. You can have good skills, if you don’t know how to let people know it, it is there; dies, like having a factory full of items in the warehouse. If you don’t advertise it remains in the warehouse”.

“They have harassed us a lot, I know that... What I’m saying is we need strategies. I’ll suggest something which the embassy can think about; I know they know which they can do immediately at the Nigerians community. There is bad image for Nigeria; we can take it back through the press. We can reverse it. We have powerful Nigerian media stations, channels broadcast all over the world, there’s active online social media, the plot in Nigeria. Let them come here and run documentaries of the experiences of Nigerians and blast it all over the world. In three days Ghana would respond".

According to the professor who says he was once a media person and has expertise in how it works, whatever agenda the Nigeria media set will work out positively as people believe every news item that comes from the media is the truth although that is not usually the case.

Advocating the need to extensively utilise this mode, he called on the Nigerian leaders to take advantage of this strategy as it will be the key to destroy the image of Ghana since Nigerians can’t be the only ones to be branded as bad or evil.

“I have been a media person, you cannot be here and suffering. Let the leaders get our media persons come here to cover what has been happening. Go to the student community, go to the business community, go to everywhere; come to the embassy.

Go and confront the officials with the information, air it, within one week I can tell you part of worse happening. I’m sorry to say it but this is within us, the present government in Ghana came on the grounds of Nigeria bashing. I’ve listened to things some of their top leaders have said all over the world in major places. We did not take it back, if we take it back they will sit up, so media strategy one”.

“Use their own media; but you know something, I’ve been a pressman, there is no absolute truth in the media. The truth is truth as it is presented. Let us use our own media and get back to them. Let us see life cases, let our media with this story say we want to go to their prisons to see Nigerians, of course, they will turn you back, you broadcast it. And by the time you’re through run series of documentaries on Nigerians relations and sir we’ll take history”, he suggested.

He further revealed that there has been a long-standing rivalry between Ghana and Nigerian dating back to Kwame Nkrumah’s time, which is known by few indicating that it is about time Nigerians let Ghanaians know they are ahead in everything.

“That rivalry has been there because we don’t tell them the truth. They don’t know, historically there is that rivalry. Its sibling rivalry but the truth is that it’s a rivalry between an elder brother and a younger brother. It’s the rivalry all over Africa”.

Advising on how to make it work without being obvious, the professor said “Let’s take back our image, let’s take them on step by step in very subtle forms not frontal, not open”.

Watch the video below to know other strategies the professor came up with to completely destroy the image of Ghana to the international community

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by limeta(f): 5:30pm On Jun 18, 2019
Ghana is alright
Fcck the zoo

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by aolawale025: 5:34pm On Jun 18, 2019
Our leaders sold Nigerians out cheaply

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by PetroDollax: 6:04pm On Jun 18, 2019
Yes, it is 100% true. Nigerians are always scheming to undermine Ghana and Ghanaians. You think because we don’t talk about it so we don’t know? All their plots in the past have failed and will continue to fail, in a Jesus name! grin Ghana is a nation destined for greatness. No sabotage or ill-will will change that. Fuckeduppedness

ebonyking:
Please go through the below and judge for yourself if the Professor is really hatching a plan to tear up up at suggested by the headline and the understone in the write up below:
_------------_--------------------
Nigerian Professor hatches up plan to 'tear

Source: https://mobile.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/Nigerian-Professor-hatches-plot-to-tear-up-Ghana-755688

A Nigerian Professor at the University of Ghana by name Augustine Nwabara is inciting the Nigerian media and community in Ghana to take up strategies that would destroy the image of Ghana to the world.

In a video gone viral on social media, the Prof in a meet up with some Nigerians in the country implored the Nigerian media to tear in the eyes of the international community through negative reportage.

According to the professor, Nigeria already has a bad image mainly because of how they’ve been branded by others especially by Ghana, so it is time to reciprocate that by coming up with innovative ideas and strategies.

Citing some strategies for their mission to work effectively, the professor said “We’re highly skilled and highly talented and blessed people but many at time we lack strategy, Nigerians tend to lack strategy. You can have good skills, if you don’t know how to let people know it, it is there; dies, like having a factory full of items in the warehouse. If you don’t advertise it remains in the warehouse”.

“They have harassed us a lot, I know that... What I’m saying is we need strategies. I’ll suggest something which the embassy can think about; I know they know which they can do immediately at the Nigerians community. There is bad image for Nigeria; we can take it back through the press. We can reverse it. We have powerful Nigerian media stations, channels broadcast all over the world, there’s active online social media, the plot in Nigeria. Let them come here and run documentaries of the experiences of Nigerians and blast it all over the world. In three days Ghana would respond".

According to the professor who says he was once a media person and has expertise in how it works, whatever agenda the Nigeria media set will work out positively as people believe every news item that comes from the media is the truth although that is not usually the case.

Advocating the need to extensively utilise this mode, he called on the Nigerian leaders to take advantage of this strategy as it will be the key to destroy the image of Ghana since Nigerians can’t be the only ones to be branded as bad or evil.

“I have been a media person, you cannot be here and suffering. Let the leaders get our media persons come here to cover what has been happening. Go to the student community, go to the business community, go to everywhere; come to the embassy.

Go and confront the officials with the information, air it, within one week I can tell you part of worse happening. I’m sorry to say it but this is within us, the present government in Ghana came on the grounds of Nigeria bashing. I’ve listened to things some of their top leaders have said all over the world in major places. We did not take it back, if we take it back they will sit up, so media strategy one”.

“Use their own media; but you know something, I’ve been a pressman, there is no absolute truth in the media. The truth is truth as it is presented. Let us use our own media and get back to them. Let us see life cases, let our media with this story say we want to go to their prisons to see Nigerians, of course, they will turn you back, you broadcast it. And by the time you’re through run series of documentaries on Nigerians relations and sir we’ll take history”, he suggested.

He further revealed that there has been a long-standing rivalry between Ghana and Nigerian dating back to Kwame Nkrumah’s time, which is known by few indicating that it is about time Nigerians let Ghanaians know they are ahead in everything.

“That rivalry has been there because we don’t tell them the truth. They don’t know, historically there is that rivalry. Its sibling rivalry but the truth is that it’s a rivalry between an elder brother and a younger brother. It’s the rivalry all over Africa”.

Advising on how to make it work without being obvious, the professor said “Let’s take back our image, let’s take them on step by step in very subtle forms not frontal, not open”.

Watch the video below to know other strategies the professor came up with to completely destroy the image of Ghana to the international community

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by legitnow: 6:11pm On Jun 18, 2019

Na Ghana start am, they hate Nigeria with passion.

Anybody, a Ghanaian meets, he must talk bad about Nigeria to dem.

Wen Jamaica start hanging with Ghana, u will hear them say I hate Nigerians.

The ones that dont hang with Ghana dont say such.

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by ebonyking: 6:16pm On Jun 18, 2019
PetroDollax:
Yes, it is 100% true. Nigerians are always scheming to undermine Ghana and Ghanaians. You think because we don’t talk about it so we don’t know? All their plots in the past have failed and will continue to fail, in a Jesus name! grin Ghana is a nation destined for greatness. No sabotage or ill-will will change that. Fuckeduppedness

How that relate with topic under discussion here? Go through the body of the article and let's know how the Professor's call for a documentary video on the experiences of Nigerians and Nigerians businesses in Ghana amount to a plot to tear Ghana up or using your own words "undermine" Ghana?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by PetroDollax: 6:41pm On Jun 18, 2019
You are talking as if deliberate attempts by nigeria and nigerians to undermine Ghana/Ghanaian interests started today. look, just leave this matter. i have documented instances of nigerian orchestrated plots to undermine Ghana. na today? this crap by nigerians in Ghana didn't start today ooh. the Ghanaian intelligence is aware of these shenanigans

ebonyking:

How that relate with topic under discussion here? Go through the body of the article and let's know how the Professor's call for a documentary video on the experiences of Nigerians and Nigerians businesses in Ghana amount to a plot to tear Ghana up or using your own words "undermine" Ghana?

Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by legitnow: 6:43pm On Jun 18, 2019
PetroDollax:
You are talking as if deliberate attempts by nigeria and nigerians to undermine Ghana/Ghanaian interests started today. look, just leave this matter. i have documented instances of nigerian orchestrated plots to undermine Ghana. na today? this crap by nigerians in Ghana didn't start today ooh. the Ghanaian intelligence is aware of these shenanigans

Na only for where Nigeria dey, Ghana dey get intelligence, where else?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by Just30: 6:44pm On Jun 18, 2019
legitnow:

see this nonsense too

you commit heinous crimes in another country
You get caught and received the treatment you deserve and you go around to say they hate you

does that make sense to you?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by PetroDollax: 6:53pm On Jun 18, 2019
at least you agree that Ghanaians get sense past those stvpidly foolish nigerians. clap for yourself

[s]
legitnow:

Na only for where Nigeria dey Ghana dey get intelligence, where else?
[/s]
Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by braveboy64(m): 6:53pm On Jun 18, 2019
I don't blame them, I will rather blame the developers and the afonjas developing their land

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by ebonyking: 6:53pm On Jun 18, 2019
PetroDollax:

...you have consistently dodged answering my question, which is how does the Professor's action amount to hatching up, a plot to ' tear ' as quoted by GHANAWEB?

All I see is nothing but prejudiced reporting and nothing else.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by PetroDollax: 6:54pm On Jun 18, 2019
[s]
ebonyking:

...you have consistently dodged answering my question, which is how does the Professor's action amount to hatching up, a plot to ' tear ' as quoted by GHANAWEB?

All I see is nothing but prejudiced reporting and nothing else.
[/s]
Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by legitnow: 6:56pm On Jun 18, 2019
PetroDollax:
at least you agree that Ghanaians get sense past those stvpidly foolish nigerians. clap for yourself

[s][/s]

Ghanaians dont have sense, they are just very wicked.

U guys despite having a small country and all that resources, are still no better than Nigeria that is massive, with many interest and tribes.

Shame on Ghana.

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by legitnow: 7:04pm On Jun 18, 2019
Just30:
see this nonsense too

you commit heinous crimes in another country
You get caught and received the treatment you deserve and you go around to say they hate you

does that make sense to you?

Ghanaians dont commit crimes in other country, including Nigeria? https://www.nairaland.com/166583/ghanaian-man-rapes-3-kids

The fact is, Ghana is a toxic neighbor and Nigerians have to realise that.

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by Just30: 7:08pm On Jun 18, 2019
legitnow:

Ghanaians dont commit crimes in other country, including Nigeria?

The fact is, Ghana is a toxic neighbor and Nigerians have to realise that.
Actually Nigeria is toxic to Ghana
and that is why we cant be associated with Nigeria

Ghanaians commit crimes but they dont commit even 2% of heinous crimes in Nigeria do they?

have you heard a Ghanaian Kiddnapping Nigerians before ?
or have you heard a Ghanaian robbing a bank in Nigeria before ?
Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by legitnow: 7:10pm On Jun 18, 2019
Just30:
Actually Nigeria is toxic to Ghana
and that is why we cant be associated with Nigeria

Ghanaians commit crimes but they dont commit even 2% of heinous crimes in Nigeria do they?

have you heard a Ghanaian Kiddnapping Nigerians before ?
or have you heard a Ghanaian robbing a bank in Nigeria before ?

This is one Ghanaian criminal in Lagos.

There are countless others but Nigeria is not trying to blacklist Ghana, else, Ghana is a Major criminal country.

https://www.nairaland.com/166583/ghanaian-man-rapes-3-kids

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by legitnow: 7:14pm On Jun 18, 2019
Ghanaian are constantly trying to blacklist Nigeria and they do so without even hiding it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpI0lQfksSU

Bullet Blasts Event Organizers For Playing Nigerian Music In Ghana Event
Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by Just30: 7:17pm On Jun 18, 2019
legitnow:

This is one Ghanaian criminal in Lagos.

There are countless others but Nigeria is not trying to blacklist Ghana, else, Ghana is a Major criminal country.

https://www.nairaland.com/166583/ghanaian-man-rapes-3-kids

the is a reason why less than 5% of rape cases get a conviction in Nigeria

because most of them are not even rape in the first place

hope you will convict him in the court.
But like i said, Ghanaians are not the ones committing the crimes in Nigeria.
Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by Just30: 7:18pm On Jun 18, 2019
legitnow:
Ghanaian are constantly trying to blacklist Nigeria and they do so without even hiding it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpI0lQfksSU

Bullet Blasts Event Organizers For Playing Nigerian Music In Ghana Event
Because Nigerians are criminals
Blame yourself
Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by legitnow: 7:35pm On Jun 18, 2019
Just30:
Blame yourself

Another of ur law abiding Ghanian brother.

Nigeria will soon start singling out Ghanaian for scapegoating.

This is how Ghana must goat started in 1983, it will soon be repeated.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/05/15/ghanaian-8-beninoise-caught-stealing-oil-lagos

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by legitnow: 7:37pm On Jun 18, 2019
Just30:

the is a reason why less than 5% of rape cases get a conviction in Nigeria

because most of them are not even rape in the first place

hope you will convict him in the court.
But like i said, Ghanaians are not the ones committing the crimes in Nigeria.

More of your honest Ghanaian brothers.

https://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/Two-Ghanaian-men-arrested-in-Nigeria-for-robbing-truck-driver-with-acid-711448#

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by legitnow: 7:38pm On Jun 18, 2019
Just30:
Blame yourself

Another honest Ghanaian in Nigeria.

https://www.pulse.ng/gist/foreign-criminal-ghanaian-citizen-confesses-he-came-to-nigeria-to-steal/nzv2pmg

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by legitnow: 7:40pm On Jun 18, 2019
Like i said, Nigeria see Ghana as little brother and have no idea that Ghanaians Loath dem.

It is only a matter of time before we turn the spot light on Ghanaians and only then can we know the real criminals between Ghanaian and Nigeria.

The bad name Nigeria have today is becos many Ghanaian acquired Nigeria passport before the 1984 Ghana must go and use it to commit crimes abroad.

Especially UK.

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by gidson12(m): 7:43pm On Jun 18, 2019
Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by legitnow: 7:44pm On Jun 18, 2019
gidson12:
Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.

LOLLZ grin grin grin grin
Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by Just30: 7:45pm On Jun 18, 2019
legitnow:

Another honest Ghanaian in Nigeria.

https://www.pulse.ng/gist/foreign-criminal-ghanaian-citizen-confesses-he-came-to-nigeria-to-steal/nzv2pmg
isolated incident again

do you see them in organized crimes
Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by Just30: 7:46pm On Jun 18, 2019
Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by caprini1: 7:47pm On Jun 18, 2019
legitnow:

Ghanaians dont have sense, they are just very wicked.

U guys despite having a small country and all that resources, are still no better than Nigeria that is massive, with many interest and tribes.

Shame on Ghana.
I like Ghana,but i cant understand why all the top banks in ghana are Nigerian banks.

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by Just30: 7:47pm On Jun 18, 2019
legitnow:

Another of ur law abiding Ghanian brother.

Nigeria will soon start singling out Ghanaian for scapegoating.

This is how Ghana must goat started in 1983, it will soon be repeated.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/05/15/ghanaian-8-beninoise-caught-stealing-oil-lagos
we are not bordered

but you will be the one to feel the heat when we sack the Nigerians here
Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 18, 2019
legitnow:

It's the same thing here in Nigeria.

Yorubas will always tell everyone they come across that the Igbos like money.

Any try that has ever come across a Yoruba will always tell you that the Igbos like money.

Yet the greatest percentage of yahoo boys and ritualist are in Yoruba land.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Media Is It Again.......demonising Nigerians by legitnow: 7:59pm On Jun 18, 2019
Just30:
we are not bordered

but you will be the one to feel the heat when we sack the Nigerians here

Ur Ghanaian brothers here are allowed into all areas of work and life with no restriction.

We will surely teach them a lesson, since u are not bothered.

U will watch live on youtube though, wat we do to dem. loll

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zamfara Govt. Recovers N282.5m From AMCON – Gov. Matawalle / Budget: FG Earmarks ₦100 Billion For 2023 Elections / Until You Go Abroad,you May Not Know(opinion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.