Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Abuja Bombers Text Messages - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja Bombers Text Messages (12012 Views)

Arrested Abuja Bombers Planned More Attacks / Isis-Partnered Boko Haram Share Pics Of Abuja Bombers,Claims Responsibiliity / Okah In Contact With Abuja Bombers - Sa Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by kemisuga(f): 12:00pm On Oct 05, 2010
Wonders will never cease in Naija. grin angry sad
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by tkb417(m): 12:02pm On Oct 05, 2010
This actually does make more sense than the initial.

Looking at the bigger picture, if GEJ had it in mind to get IBB and cohorts locked up, he needed not fabricate a dirty plot against him when EFCC could go after his arse with all sorts of evidence.  Even I, could research evidence than could get IBB locked up till the sun turns purple, why go the extra mile to cook up a "dirty bomb" plot?
****folding arms, fingers crossed*****

I dont think it makes sense to me tho

but i agree to the part in bold
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by omoboy08(m): 12:05pm On Oct 05, 2010
Zastar:

Two general's of Mend openly denied any involvement of Mend in the 1/10. More story about to emerge,  [color=#990000][/color]

y cant u watch dis:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVevU_ypcGY&feature=player_embedded
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by debosky(m): 12:06pm On Oct 05, 2010
The way this was announced on NTA was shambolic, even if we cannot establish the veracity of the messages.

The truth is, this might not be the utterly sophisticated plot some are thinking it was. Knowing the level of (in)competence of the Nigeria Police Force and our security apparatus in general, amateurs who leave text messages on the phone could indeed have executed the plot, leaving glaring trails.

For reference, tapes are available of Diya begging like a schoolboy for his life and tapes of Governors swearing oaths naked are available. If such sources are openly available, it is not beyond the realm of reasoning for such text messages, crass and unsubtle as they are, could indeed be true.

It is highly convenient however, for GEJ’s supposed ‘prime enemy’ to be at the centre of this. His supposed past dealings in explosives make it an easy sell to a rumour governed nation like Nigeria that abhors facts and evidence.

This is still unfolding, but I fear we will never know what truly happened. . . .the confessions, denials and counter-confessions we’ve seen in the previous coup cases, assassinations and the like do not fill me with much confidence.

Virtually anyone - GEJ, IBB, MEND, ‘external forces’, etc could be responsible for this act - that is the most worrying aspect, our politics is that deadly.

On a personal note I pray for the families of those who have lost loved ones and hope this type of event does not repeat it self.
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by chakula: 12:09pm On Oct 05, 2010
What a weak president we have in this Country that he can not maintain a Peace within the country?What all these problems here and there and yet the major looters are fighting  for the next election,can the country survive?anyway final result will come out soon.
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by Kashif(m): 12:13pm On Oct 05, 2010
Does anybody know MEND's email address or domain name perhaps?
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by chakula: 12:18pm On Oct 05, 2010
juman:

I believe that the bombing was the handiwork of Jonathan. He did this to rope IBB. We should not waste our time voting for this FOOL in 2011 election. Jonathan is not worth to be a president. He does not have enough experience to be a president. He is naive, weak and not inteligent. We should be careful. If not, this man Jonathan will add controversies to our numerous problems. Well he promised nothing before. The MEND said they did the bombing. Jonathan said no. It was done by IBB. I my dreaming? Jonathan is a big dissapointment. Hence No to Jonathan in 2011. Please Nigerians, Yoruba people want to go away from this robish and no futureb nation calling Nigeria. No to Nigeria. Yes to ODUA nation. Yoruba people let go away from this useless nation SHARP SHARP.

SECONDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by oge4real(f): 12:24pm On Oct 05, 2010
The first text is dumb and unbelievable, while the rest are simply ambiguous.
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by Ayowumie(m): 12:45pm On Oct 05, 2010
violent:

[b]
This actually does make more sense than the initial.

Looking at the bigger picture, if GEJ had it in mind to get IBB and cohorts locked up, he needed not fabricate a dirty plot against him when EFCC could go after his arse with all sorts of evidence.  Even I, could research evidence than could get IBB locked up till the sun turns purple, why go the extra mile to cook up a "dirty bomb" plot?

****folding arms, fingers crossed*****
If GEJ had wanted to go after IBB with sorts of evidence you have in mind, every body (Nigerians) would have seen it as WITCH HUNTING and GEJ might likely not come out good cos IBB camp would retaliate (remember the alleged money laundering against Dame Patience) and the chances of GEJ to get a shot at the presidency would be negatively affected.

But using other means other than corruption, he has an upper hand in nailing IBB finally to a coffin. Mind you, I am not saying that GEJ orchestrated the bombing in order to "kill" IBB neither am i saying that GEJ did not (anything and every thing is possible in political calculations), what i am just saying is ANALYSING YOUR VIEWS based on the premise of neutrality.

asoderock:

Funny! Believe this and you 'll believe anything.
Expect anything, but keep your mind open for the truth.

juman:

I believe that the bombing was the handiwork of Jonathan. He did this to rope IBB. We should not waste our time voting for this FOOL in 2011 election.  Jonathan is not worth to be a president.
How did you know that for sure? Table your points. How is Jonathan not worth to be a president?

juman:

He does not have enough experience to be a president. He is naive, weak and not inteligent.
Who among the contestants have an experience that it credible enough to justify coming back to rule.
BUHARI? He orchestrated the over throw of a democratic dispensation. In the last 7 years, he has been making frantic efforts towards winning the presidential elections while he is yet to make any positive influence on people from his community. What has he done as benefits for people in his state. Has katsina felt his goodwill, has he made any positive impact on the lot of impoverish masses in the North West. Why doesn't he have the conscience to positively affect his local people b4 bringing a goodwill ideology to the rest of Nigerians.

IBB? He is a traitor, he stabbed Buhari in the back. He was one of the co coup plotters of 1983, he was a loyalist to the Buhari/Idiagbon coup, but in 1985, he staged a coup against his friend. Is it not surprising to you that IBB and Buhari have never been in terms since the 80s. Dig deep to find out more. IBB is not the kind of person to trust with power, he doesn't keep to his words. Remember, how many times did he promise to hand over power during his regime? He annulled the freest and fairest election in the history of this nation. He is yet to apologise. In 1993, he said he stepped aside. Mark that phrase "step aside" and now he wants to fulfill what he said 17 years ago. Has Nigeria become an extension of IBB's personal property where you reign when u decide and leave wen u want. What a ridicule! Even if Nigeria is an extension of IBB's property, dont we have the right to challenge that? How are we sure IBB would not attempt to review the constitution to accomodate for 3rd or even 4th term. Military officers all over the developing world have tendencies of staying longer than permitted in power. They are always power drunk. Remember, he never wanted to go out of power.

juman:

Please Nigerians, Yoruba people want to go away from this robish and no futureb nation calling Nigeria. No to Nigeria. Yes to ODUA nation. Yoruba people let go away from this useless nation SHARP SHARP.
Yorubas are not united to form a formidable nation. Yorubas are not loyal to one another. Rememba how Yorubas betrayed Awolowo. We are still paying the price till today. Obasanjo also betrayed AD during the 2003 elections. One of my lecturers used to say "Nigeria's problem lies with Northern domination, Eastern aggressiveness and Western disloyalty".
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by seanet02: 12:52pm On Oct 05, 2010
chakula:

SECONDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
inept reasoning , why did IBB refused to ATTEND the OCCASION
He is the only person who can do such a thing. IBB is devil incarnate plus you and all his cohorts
GJ knows nothing about the bomb blast and i am very sure
IBB SHOULD BE ASKED WHAT HAPPENED TO DELE GIWA
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by Mobinga: 12:55pm On Oct 05, 2010
Nigerians are way too backward. The text message is very childish and utterly fake!
In this situation, no one would write Dokpesi, and no one would write "na we do am" 

Where did the message come from? Nil!

Very bad script writer. . I can do a better job. . .
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by mrofficial(m): 1:15pm On Oct 05, 2010
Really, I don't like GEJ. I still believe in Ribadu, no matter what anyone says about him.
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by jamace(m): 1:31pm On Oct 05, 2010
See how the raw information data of investigation dey cause commotion for Nairalanders.

I will advise that GEJ and his security men stop giving out raw information. They should conclude and probably inform Nigerians only when some power drunks are behind KIRIKIRI.
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by maimalari: 1:33pm On Oct 05, 2010
I wonder for this Jonathan of a guy. What level of
terror will he unleach on his political opponents on
his 3 months remaining reign in 2011?Assuming he looses to the opposition in the general elections. He might as well annul it like his colleague(ibb) did in 1993. They are all the same(OBJ, IBB, GEJ).no difference. We need
change in this our country.
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by rasputinn(m): 2:25pm On Oct 05, 2010
Real nollywood trash,written by Babagida edited by Atiku and directed by mr Ibu
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by beeman80: 3:07pm On Oct 05, 2010
I wont be quick to blame the bomb blast on anyone yet until the Nigerian SSS,Police and all concerned come out with more soild facts that surpass this funny text message.I feel for this country.A bomb blast amidst a golden jubilee celebration?Nigeria is under seige and we need to get the perpetrators to book.
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by Ninapha(f): 3:08pm On Oct 05, 2010
@Ayowumie

I appreciate your logical follow-up on some of the contributions here, most contributions are as vague as the text statements being looked into.

This is a country where anything is possible and anybody can become anybody for the simple fact of gaining power.

No matter how childish the text messages look, there were text messages lamely relating to the issue at hand, sometimes those lame evidneces give room for strong evidences. Onething i am sure is that, very soon, something more concrete would come up, to mar or make the accuser and the accused.

Hmmm! Aso Rock, I hail thee. For you my people are dying and killing.
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by dejilam(m): 3:19pm On Oct 05, 2010
BLOODY LIARS angry angry angryINFACT I HAVE LOST FAITH IN THIS JONATHAN GUY
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by Thosyn007(m): 3:29pm On Oct 05, 2010
These are all bogus, they need to step up on there plot,
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by chakula: 3:59pm On Oct 05, 2010
You are lacking skill at all that is why you came out with this daft thinking must ibb attend to the 1st whatever you called the independace backward of Nigeria, for a single second ibb have not win my vote nor a jonathief,what i have pray for is lets God choose the right hand and take control of the nation period.

seanet02:

inept reasoning , why did IBB refused to ATTEND the OCCASION
He is the only person who can do such a thing. IBB is devil incarnate plus you and all his cohorts
GJ knows nothing about the bomb blast and i am very sure
IBB SHOULD BE ASKED WHAT HAPPENED TO DELE GIWA
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by remmy007(m): 4:48pm On Oct 05, 2010
what a way to distract Nigerians from the realities at hand,the downward trend of our economy,, the wasteful spending by our leaders (i.e. our looters), 2011 election etc,
this is too big a joke!
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by lanreSamson: 5:28pm On Oct 05, 2010
This is a big insult on us. Which kin text messages be this. C the sequence it just doesnt make any sense.

"Have you collected the balance from DOKPESI?"

"Na we do am. Meet me make I brief you"

"Let us meet at IBB Campaign Office"

This is so unfair c our own government as them dey take us as fool. its so obvious they are trying to robe IBB into this. Play ur politics, but dont insult us. RUBBBISHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by Mamajama(m): 5:58pm On Oct 05, 2010
Nigerians need to take a chill pill for real, this is what the media is telling and publishing. The SSS and the investigators had more evidence to work that prompted this arrest. That information is not preview to the public as it can tarnish the prosecution. Every sell phone has an IP address just like a computer that can be used to traced back text or phone records. Type ##3282# on your handsets and look at the data profile setting. Let the freaking police/sss do their job, IBB was involved in Dele Giwa’s assassination. Now the evil genius might be behind this as his illiterate ass is not up beat on technology. Lol EL Rufai said it best. Expired generals who thinks Blackberry is a fruit.
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 05, 2010
jonathan has completely done a marvelous job for ibb"s campaign! now tables have turned! it's ibb's victory to lose! how can that phd guy be so dumb?
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by Mamajama(m): 6:20pm On Oct 05, 2010
IBB will never and I repeat never rule Nigeria again, you guys can keep hoping
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by darne(m): 8:32pm On Oct 05, 2010
IBB WOULD SURELLY RULE NIGERIA CUS HE IS VERY VERY WELL EXPEREIENCED THAN THAT DUMB FOOL CALLED EBELE, I dont care what he and his bis boss OBJ would do to him,, but he`ll surelly succeed eventhough he thought them how to play the game, they fired the IG of Police and changed all the military generals all this in one week, Imagine just so that he can continue enjoying aso. aso aso everything after killing my main man y`radua imagine, IBB IS THE MAN NO MATTER WHAT Y`ALL THINK !!!!! (degree or no-degree) tongue tongue tongue
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by darne(m): 8:35pm On Oct 05, 2010
Imagine, OBJ and Ebele in action, just imagine how they intend to play tgheir game by putting up those that would respect them without any second thoughts, police,sss,effcc`s,military and now Militants mend are all at their control just so that they can bring this IBB down, Na wa oo IBB will surelly win this election no matter what they do !  tongue tongue tongue wink
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by darne(m): 8:36pm On Oct 05, 2010
Imagine, OBJ and Ebele in action, just imagine how they intend to play tgheir game by putting up those that would oblige and listen & respect them without any second thoughts from the police,sss,effcc`s,military and now Militants mend are all at their control just so that they can bring this IBB down, Na wa oo IBB will surelly win this election no matter what they do !  tongue tongue tongue wink
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by jamace(m): 9:12pm On Oct 05, 2010
Please, bear this in mind any time you hear war and rumours of war in Nigeria:

http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os3912.html
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by truly: 9:57pm On Oct 05, 2010
jamace:

Please, bear this in mind any time you hear war and rumours of war in Nigeria:

http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os3912.html
And this is the evidence that Okah is working for the north!!!
When Next said that Yaradua was brain dead - we believed it
When most newspapers said Turai did this and that - we believed it

We always believe most of these stories
Can you post some negative stories about GEJ? You know there are some on the net!
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by 12840: 9:58pm On Oct 05, 2010
Can someone give us the alleged bomber and Dopkesi's phone numbers. it's possible to find out the amount (if any) of the communication of both of them. When was alleged text sent? was alleged text received? Our GSM providers can give us all this info.
Re: Abuja Bombers Text Messages by truly: 10:13pm On Oct 05, 2010
Ayowumie:

BUHARI? He orchestrated the over throw of a democratic dispensation. In the last 7 years, he has been making frantic efforts towards winning the presidential elections while he is yet to make any positive influence on people from his community. What has he done as benefits for people in his state. Has katsina felt his goodwill, has he made any positive impact on the lot of impoverish masses in the North West. Why doesn't he have the conscience to positively affect his local people b4 bringing a goodwill ideology to the rest of Nigerians,
Most Nigerians were fed up with Shagariu and welcomed the coup
Nigerians talk these days about the Rawlings option - you know what that means
What do you mean by positive influence? How do you measure it? And where are the facts?
If it is to use stolen money to develop his area, Buhari does not qualify
And be sincere, if he has concentrated on his people would say he is a tribalist

And the game in town today? People close to 70 (IBB, Atiku, Gusau etc) are too old to govern - insults are rained on them
People around 50 (eg Ribadu) wants to contest, people say they should wait
The support for Johnathan is beginning to lok like the hero worshipping they do in North Korea
But GEJ has been walking the corridors of  power since 1999 - what has he done for his people?
Anyway I know Johnthan is making positive influence on his wife's and his wife's cousin's money laundering ventures

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari Signs The 58th Independent Day Parade Book. / Bandits Gun Down 15 Farmers In Katsina / Muric Welcomes Jolly Nyame’s Sentence- Ishaq Akintola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.