Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,326 members, 7,954,317 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:34 PM

Share Your Business Start-up Experience:what Challenges Did You Face? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Share Your Business Start-up Experience:what Challenges Did You Face? (826 Views)

What Challenges Did You Face When Starting Your Business? / What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? / Carton Business: Start With Little Or No Capital And Earn 5k Daily. See Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Share Your Business Start-up Experience:what Challenges Did You Face? by Meklex(m): 7:54am On Jun 19, 2019
A lot of us have graduated from the University, went to numerous aptitude tests and interviews and we are yet to land any job.

And some of us have started considering entrepreneurship. But like they say, everything has its own challenges; I have a friend who have been brainstorming on a business to venture into for a long while now, I have another friend who has been searching for a shop and can't seem to make up his mind on a viable shop, then the cost of the shops were unnerving. So I am opening this thread for posterity so that current shop owners can visit, update us with their experience, and intending shop owners can also come to learn from the experienced.

Tell us what made you decide to do the business you do, how you were able to find the perfect shop/location, the challenges you face, what you would have done differently.

I hope we all learn from your experiences.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Business Start-up Experience:what Challenges Did You Face? by OYENIYIJK: 2:01pm On Jun 20, 2020
sir, please I don PM you
Re: Share Your Business Start-up Experience:what Challenges Did You Face? by Palantir: 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2020
I needed a delivery service for my products and couldn't get one around me. So I decided to start one myself.

It was obvious even 3 years ago that ecomerce was geowimg rapidly in Nigeria. So I decided to take advantage of it. Online and social media stores need a means of delivering their products and a delivery service can take advantage of that opportunity.

I started small and didn't expect much. With no prior experience, I expected to fail at anytime. But I stuck to it.

I personally find the biggest challange to business in Nigeria to be the human factor. Far too many staff are not willing to work hard. Many that want to work hard simply don't have the skill or the drive to develop the needed skills. If you can solve that problem as a startup, you have overcome one of your biggest obstacles.

Financing is also a challange for a start up. But I think one reason for that is people don't realise they can start small. This is not saying starting small is possible everytime. But there are times where starting small will suffice and you build from there.

(1) (Reply)

3D Wallpanels For As Low As N4,500/sq.m / Lovely And Very Affordable Gifts And Souvenirs Here. / Want To Succeed As A Freelancer? Here Are 3 Tips - Scribesbay Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.