Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) (30992 Views)

What Is The Full Meaning Of GSS In School Pls / I Have Lost Interest In School / Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by DonBenny77(m): 10:16pm On Jun 20, 2019
blackpanthar:
You are EDUCATED, ENLIGHTENED and SELF AWARE.

You just WOKE UP..... so stay woke.

The course you are studying may have a fancy name and prospect but it is not for your kind of personality, consider this... IF THERE WAS A FACULTY OF INTERNET BUSINESS, AND YOU WERE IN THE BUSINESS OF FREELANCE, am sure you would have been a FIRST CLASS STUDENT or STRONGLY Two-One. My point is You are studying the wrong course, BUT you are NOT a lesser human. You are a Super Human because most of your class colleagues will NOT use anything from the course they studied in school... YOU ARE AHEAD OF THEM.

As a freelancer, kindly expand your field into other online things, buy a land, buy a bus for transport business, invest in agriculture, be a day trader on cryptocurrency...

MOVE ON with your ONLINE LIFE.... because "Las Las school na scam o" ... you will realize this soon if not already.

You are doing fine. Cheer up, plan for a LIFE that is free of the EMPLOYMENT RAT RACE.

To sorrow over A COURSE WHOSE BOOKS WERE WRITTEN BY DEAD OR VERY OLD MEN is simply a waste of youthful and useful time
U try but you spoil everthing with that motor park Las Las talk is bullshit, school ain't no scam it's just not for everyone
Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by StoneColdBiceps(m): 10:17pm On Jun 20, 2019
BathingSoap:
This might be a long read guys pls don't be angry with me. I have been a guest on Nland for a while but decided to create this monicker for this purpose.

So this all started when i entered the university in fact i'm now in my finals but as it is now i'm laying on my bed facing the ceiling and we have a test going on in class, i have missed about 3 tests since this semester started but i don't seem to feel alarmed by that, i'll probably have an extra year too the way i'm going but i can't just push myself to get up and read and to wash my uniform being a law student.

Now i feel this is partially because of the fact that i have come to believe school is not for me...i have never been a bright student right from primary school...when i entered the uni as a freshman i had the dreams every fresher had which is to come out with a first class and i worked very hard for it, went for night class every day without sleeping even for a minute, but any time grades came out i always come out at the bottom of the food chain.

I have tried hard to demystify the exact cause of my failure in academics but found no answers, could it be my hand writing, or i don't understand what i read or i'm not good in cramming textbook case laws and sections, or could it be because my brain is just not acclimatized to school and the rigours that come with it.

I have put in effort to handle all these supposed problems but none if them have come to fruition, even to the point that i bought a handwriting book to help improve my handwriting ...yeah i was that desperate

Reality dawned on me tho when my year 2 and 3 results were nothing to write home about...then i started losing interest...hardly go to class even though there is a test...i always say to myself stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results so if i can read and study so much without being able to secure even a C in my courses then i'd rather not try.

Its funny tho that in my year 4 i made more than half a million rendering freelance services to people online...this also fueled my loss of interest in school, I'd rather be committed to something that pays me. I feel bad for mum tho, she put in all this effort to make me learned and give me a good future and she has already started saving for my law school but i know deep down that i am a nut case and can't ever compete with my peers academically.

I have tried my best in fact i'm crying right now, school has always made me feel like a lesser human, i always come out last...i really don't know what to do with life anymore ...i mean why is life so partial and unfair, why can't i be like those bright students...

I brought this here because i believe my Nairaland family will help me get through this terrible faze of my life.

I'll really appreciate if more people get to see this

Thank you

Bro give your school One more push. You're on the last part between success and failure and no let devil use you. Watch it, the time you want to give up that's where success lie. You will be glad you hear word. Give it one more push.

Abeg, I'm new to freelancer, put me through. The local one I did here start fumbling after writing my head out, dem no worth working.
Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by omoluka: 10:18pm On Jun 20, 2019
shogsman:
You’re already deep in,the truth is your grades won’t get better from the look of things all you need do is to weather the storm and get the certificate then keep it and focus on your hustle,you’re not alone bro,many of us go to school just because we want to be called educated not necessarily because we give a fvck about the A4 paper .
Correct man

1 Like

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by saniahmed813: 10:21pm On Jun 20, 2019
if something fails try something new there are many departments in the university that are easier than law sometimes we forget what we want in life due to some problems and engage in what we have passionfor
Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by Babygal2020(f): 10:21pm On Jun 20, 2019
BathingSoap:
This might be a long read guys pls don't be angry with me. I have been a guest on Nland for a while but decided to create this monicker for this purpose.

So this all started when i entered the university in fact i'm now in my finals but as it is now i'm laying on my bed facing the ceiling and we have a test going on in class, i have missed about 3 tests since this semester started but i don't seem to feel alarmed by that, i'll probably have an extra year too the way i'm going but i can't just push myself to get up and read and to wash my uniform being a law student.

Now i feel this is partially because of the fact that i have come to believe school is not for me...i have never been a bright student right from primary school...when i entered the uni as a freshman i had the dreams every fresher had which is to come out with a first class and i worked very hard for it, went for night class every day without sleeping even for a minute, but any time grades came out i always come out at the bottom of the food chain.

I have tried hard to demystify the exact cause of my failure in academics but found no answers, could it be my hand writing, or i don't understand what i read or i'm not good in cramming textbook case laws and sections, or could it be because my brain is just not acclimatized to school and the rigours that come with it.

I have put in effort to handle all these supposed problems but none if them have come to fruition, even to the point that i bought a handwriting book to help improve my handwriting ...yeah i was that desperate

Reality dawned on me tho when my year 2 and 3 results were nothing to write home about...then i started losing interest...hardly go to class even though there is a test...i always say to myself stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results so if i can read and study so much without being able to secure even a C in my courses then i'd rather not try.

Its funny tho that in my year 4 i made more than half a million rendering freelance services to people online...this also fueled my loss of interest in school, I'd rather be committed to something that pays me. I feel bad for mum tho, she put in all this effort to make me learned and give me a good future and she has already started saving for my law school but i know deep down that i am a nut case and can't ever compete with my peers academically.

I have tried my best in fact i'm crying right now, school has always made me feel like a lesser human, i always come out last...i really don't know what to do with life anymore ...i mean why is life so partial and unfair, why can't i be like those bright students...

I brought this here because i believe my Nairaland family will help me get through this terrible faze of my life.

Thank you
Guy, your writing skill is top-notch.... I must commend you!!!! Pls don't give up..... Say no to negative thoughts.... Mingle with intelligent colleagues, higher level students.... Find out what each of your lecturers wants when answering their question(ask higher level colleagues).... Pray to God!!!! Sending love your way!!!!

1 Like

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by DonBenny77(m): 10:22pm On Jun 20, 2019
BathingSoap:

Thank you

Struggle and get that degree and don't drop out cos no matter how much money you make when you are with those your peers and colleagues you may feel inferior.
And years from now you will still see the need to go to school and still end up in one open university studying in old age.

3 Likes

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by Etiyeokwe: 10:22pm On Jun 20, 2019
First, how did you get admission to read law? Did you write WAEC yourself? What about Jamb? If you did all these things by yourself and succeeded, then you are intelligent.
Second, you're a freelancer who makes money almost all daily basis. Don't think this affects you in one way or the day? You are already beginning to feel that you make money without being a lawyer. Why would you sit out on tests? You feel it's not important. It does not matter anymore cramming cases and sections.
What you need is small self discipline. Bend down and read your books. Attend lectures, do your assignments and partake in tests. Your handwriting is not the issue. I have a very bad handwriting but I am in my final year, reading law, even when I have my wife and children to attend to. Pls reconsider your decision.

11 Likes

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by odimbannamdi(m): 10:23pm On Jun 20, 2019
lordragner:

You think you are depressed and you know what it means to go through difficult times. Trust me you dont but you will find out soon when you drop out without a degree certificate. I have seen what is about to happen to you happen to my friend. He is a singer and performer and was making money from shows. he got admission to read a course he didn't like and was unmotivated. His father told him to try and finish even if with a pass certificate. My guy abandoned his school in his final year to sing song. today his younger brother has also dropped out and his defense is "i am not the first person to do it in this family". Today my friend is chasing undergraduate admission doesn't mind the course because he has become a yard stick of ridicule , something that he got without stress 8 years ago. His fiancees family rejected him....they couldn't allow their daughter who has a MSC and studied abroad marry a university dropout, shes now married to a Doctor.. My guy no longer gets invites for shows and concerts though he still makes money as he has gone into music production. But he has missed out on so many opportunities even an Exxon Mobil job (his father is well connected) because he doesn't have a certificate. He is now seen as someone who is not reliable and doesnt finish what he starts just because of one stupid action. Thats a story his kids will eventually hear. that their father couldnt finish school (When he is not bill gates or zuck). One lesson i learnt is "Always do something whenever your mates are doing it" even if you dont know how to do it. You have the "Wisdom of the crowd that knows you" to help you. He is my physical representation of Job in the bible, cos I have never seen someone endure so many misfortunes till the point his family has left him alone (they still blame him for his younger brother dropping out and he blames himself for it too) . I am sure if he could do things differently he ll try his best to finish with a certificate. My guy now knows depression he understands it, you dont...at least not yet.

Jesus Christ!!

I cant remember when last i read something as deeeep as this!!

Choi!!

3 Likes

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by Tejiriseth(m): 10:24pm On Jun 20, 2019
Lemme Guess the school first.. AAU Ekpoma right.?
Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by blackpanthar: 10:24pm On Jun 20, 2019
bro pls which school u go?, try to NOTE that school AM TALKING ABOUT is federal/state universities o. THERE IS NO EDUCATION THERE.

whatever school you went sir, as long as its not a PRIVATE UNI, that means you were scammed because whatever you were taught can not stand current global trend in your course of study.

THIS IS A SAD FACT
DonBenny77:

U try but you spoil everthing with that motor park Las Las talk is bullshit, school ain't no scam it's just not for everyone
Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by EphraimBoat: 10:24pm On Jun 20, 2019
Dude, you are not alone.

I had a friend that read like a mad man while we were in 300 level because he didn't want to have extra year in the final year. long story short, when results came out he had 7 F's out of 9 courses.

He gave up, mine too wasn't far from his. Infact more than half of the department ended up spilling(extra year). He decided he wasn't going to go ahead with school again and didn't bother writing 400l first semester exams.

God being so merciful, his parents found out, came and begged and they deferred the final year, he came back while we were having our extra year and he still stayed to do his extra year again and he is now a graduate. After 7 years in school.

Which course were we even studying sef? Physics!!

I write this story to tell you few things.

1. School, in Nigeria is very frustrating. Note that I didn't say education. School involves the lecturers, admin and everybody.

2. Finish what you have started, no matter what

3. Am I using the physics? No! I have gone ahead and gained several IT certifications which made me realize I was never dumb in the first place.

4. School will only waste your time, but if you have already begun the journey, my friend finish it.

5. Opportunities will arise with your degree, trust me. Now when you have it, few people will ask you whether you were failing then or not, the obvious is you have it and that alone has set you aside for thousands of privileges.

So, my friend, get up go and beg the lecturers to afford you the opportunity to rewrite your test and try to do all you can to make you a graduate.

Now!

I also know of a law student while at school who sponsored himself to school, during school breaks, he feeds himself and saves for his tuition by joining the construction workers on every site at school. This continued until 400L when he Behan writing(freelancing) he resumed final year with a car and still graduated with a first class!!

Know the most amazing thing? He isn't even using the law degree now. He is a writer, public speaker and IT enthusiast.

Now, what excuse have you?

I hope I have motivated you enough!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by joinnow: 10:26pm On Jun 20, 2019
BathingSoap:

Thank you
Because u are in wrong field picture 1
Then picture 2 kick in ( no motivation)

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by DonX001: 10:27pm On Jun 20, 2019
BathingSoap:

OP,
You may have dyslexia.
Its not that you are dull or unintelligent, you may simply have challenges with reading and writing words.

Unfortunately, Nigeria does not have adequate general enlightenment to recognize dyslexia and manage them appropriately, hence the children most likely end up feeling dull and believing they are failures despite their best efforts in school.

And the funny thing is, they can become super-achievers if handled right.

Richard Branson (owner of Virgin Atlantic and Virgin group of companies) was dyslexic in school, yet he eventually became one of UK's richest men.

You've already shown to yourself you can be an achiever, by making money from freelancing online while in school, which is what 90% of other students have been unable to do.
So you truly have potential to become very successful in life if you harness it right.

Read up on dyslexia, get to know about it and if it applies to you, and learn how you can maximize it.
Channel your abilities to that which give you maximal results. If you channel the same energy you spend reading every night, to doing freelancing in the area you want, you can eventually become richer than most of your classmates that finished Law.

Since you're in final year, you can try and hustle it for 1-2 more years to see if you can finish. So that you have something to show for your previous 4 years efforts.

If you think you can't find it in you to do it anymore, drop out and channel ALL your energy to your freelancing ventures and grow from there to diversify into other businesses. Use Richard Branson as an inspiration.
You may eventually be richer than 90% of your classmates.

Seun dropped out, I'm sure people must have told him all they are telling you now, yet he's a multimillionaire, and can employ at least 10 graduates or more if he chooses.

2 Likes

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 20, 2019
Op, you studied the wrong course.

Its your decision to drop out or finish what you started.

But you must continue doing what you are passionate about that fetches money for you.

Na that one be the koko.
Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by missyQween(f): 10:29pm On Jun 20, 2019
You think school is not for you because of what you hear and read every time about how school is a scam. You have had worse result but you kept on pushing. Now, you are in your final year. You have lost the zeal because you missed few tests.
I will advice you to pick yourself up. If you weren't forced to study this course, pick out and think about why you choose this course, why you decided to follow this path. And, stop procrastination. If you want to read or wash your law uniform, Get you asss up and do it. Be consistent. Consistency is the key !!!
Las Las, We sef still dey school grin
And, Everybody go dey alright

1 Like

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by 9jaRealist: 10:30pm On Jun 20, 2019
>
School is not for everyone...
But EDUCATION is! Figure out the difference and you are well on your way to a good life! Best wishes!

>

1 Like

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by Ubiudumo(m): 10:31pm On Jun 20, 2019
Don't give up.Do it for your mum and think about how ecstatic and proud of you she will be

1 Like

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by 1EmmyKay: 10:31pm On Jun 20, 2019
OSheee am motivated too... Am in 200lvl school feels like a frustrating tunnel...[quote author=EphraimBoat post=79526140]Dude, you are not alone.

I had a friend that read like a mad man while we were in 300 level because he didn't want to have extra year in the final year. long story short, when results came out he had 7 F's out of 9 courses.

He gave up, mine too wasn't far from his. Infact more than half of the department ended up spilling(extra year). He decided he wasn't going to go ahead with school again and didn't bother writing 400l first semester exams.

God being so merciful, his parents found out, came and begged and they deferred the final year, he came back while we were having our extra year and he still stayed to do his extra year again.

Which course were we even studying sef? Physics!!

I write this story to tell you few things.

1. School, in Nigeria is very frustrating. Note that I didn't say education. School involves the lecturers, admin and everybody.

2. Finish what you have started, no matter what

3. Am I using the physics? No! I have gone ahead and gained several IT certifications which made me realize I was never dumb in the first place.

4. School will only waste your time, but if you have already begun the journey, my friend finish it.

5. Opportunities
Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by bigprojectng: 10:34pm On Jun 20, 2019
Op, for your HND to BSC degree conversion program 2019, check my signature.
Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by Emanodimo(m): 10:37pm On Jun 20, 2019
"To sorrow over A COURSE WHOSE BOOKS WERE WRITTEN BY DEAD OR VERY OLD MEN is simply a waste of youthful and useful time"...

The above is the quite reason u fail cuz u are studying the wrong course . Studying law doesn't allow u think freely. Ur thinking is limited but not restricted to one way.

Based on what u said as a "Freelancer u make money". Meaning ur areas of interest clashes with your free thinking habit.

When I was given choice to pick between law & International relation cuz I was given admission to both
department, I rather picked the later cuz I know myself a bit.

Unfortunately, u can back out... Mingle with those at the top of class, express your fear that you need help. Prepare ur mind to win too. Learn from others that are A grade student not those in ur shoe. Attend class...In short, no magic to it... Encourage ursef, so God can do His part.

2 Likes

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by asalimpo(m): 10:39pm On Jun 20, 2019
mankettle:
I am on the opinion that u just lack motivation in your course of studies and don't see your self having a future in it. as a lawyer myself I get, but u can always combine the 2. that's the beauty of law. get the law degree just for qualification sake and then focus on your hustle.
there are a lot of guys out there who are lawyers and are into other things.
so just focus in school, then after u can do what u want. unfortunately we are not in America where dropouts end up being Bill Gates and the likes, we are in Nigeria where even PHD holders drive trailers.
get ur ass out of your head, face your books and combine it with your hustle
like tupac said in his song "changes", "... The old way isnt working/". The world is changing and ppl still sticking to d old way of doing thngs will b the fossil bones for the next generations to study.
Tht degree doesnt mean sh*t anymore in this age: what matters is fulfillment and survival . Are you fulfilled ? Tick.
How do u survive - make money to earn a living? Tick.
The old path was thru d degree but like tu pac said ...
Like bobby dylan sang "the times they are a-changing".

1 Like

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by Suspect33(m): 10:39pm On Jun 20, 2019
BathingSoap:

Thank you
don't do this to your mother, think of all she has sacrificed to build you up a good future, don't be selfish

2 Likes

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by millionboi2: 10:44pm On Jun 20, 2019
blackpanthar:
You are EDUCATED, ENLIGHTENED and SELF AWARE.

You just WOKE UP..... so stay woke.

The course you are studying may have a fancy name and prospect but it is not for your kind of personality, consider this... IF THERE WAS A FACULTY OF INTERNET BUSINESS, AND YOU WERE IN THE BUSINESS OF FREELANCE, am sure you would have been a FIRST CLASS STUDENT or STRONGLY Two-One. My point is You are studying the wrong course, BUT you are NOT a lesser human. You are a Super Human because most of your class colleagues will NOT use anything from the course they studied in school... YOU ARE AHEAD OF THEM.

As a freelancer, kindly expand your field into other online things, buy a land, buy a bus for transport business, invest in agriculture, be a day trader on cryptocurrency...

MOVE ON with your ONLINE LIFE.... because "Las Las school na scam o" ... you will realize this soon if not already.

You are doing fine. Cheer up, plan for a LIFE that is free of the EMPLOYMENT RAT RACE.

To sorrow over A COURSE WHOSE BOOKS WERE WRITTEN BY DEAD OR VERY OLD MEN is simply a waste of youthful and useful time
Hahahaha

Dead and very old men hahahaha

Best comment of d year.....my belly ooh hahahaha
Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by millionboi2: 10:45pm On Jun 20, 2019
Suspect33:
don't do this to your mother, think of all she has sacrificed to build you up a good future, don't be selfish
Nonsense

A cashless future is a useless future
Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by amaben2020(m): 10:46pm On Jun 20, 2019
Graduate first and pursue your dreams

3 Likes

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by Kingbenn(m): 10:47pm On Jun 20, 2019
We are almost in the same shoe, trust me Bro but my own case is slightly different.i lost my dad in 2014, I was in 100 level at LAUTECH studying pure and applied chemistry, had to drop out knowing fully well that I can't cope with the school fess now that I don't have a dad. I enroll for another jamb but I couldn't read because I was depressed, wrote my jamb few days after my dad's burial.To cut the long story short, I got 198 and I wasn't really oriented about the school I wanted to opt in for, at the long run, I was given biology eduction far far away from what I choosed (micro biology) my siblings persuaded me to accept it because it's not easy gaining admission in Nigeria and since I can't sponsor myself I accepted to go ahead with course, I tried all I Could to come out in flying colours during my 100 levels days but all to no avail, was blessed with Ds all though my first and second semester, got just 2 C out 16 courses for the whole year. I was devastated because I know myself because I know my abilities, I know I am brilliant. wanted to drop out at some point tho but i kept on encouraging myself, now my Gp has risen like jesus christ on the last day and I am currently in in my finals 2nd semester, mind you, I I have worst handwriting too but I am able to withstand it all. Though, my Gp I s now in 2.2 compare to before that it was close to pass. you can do It bro

3 Likes

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by millionboi2: 10:48pm On Jun 20, 2019
mankettle:
I am on the opinion that u just lack motivation in your course of studies and don't see your self having a future in it. as a lawyer myself I get, but u can always combine the 2. that's the beauty of law. get the law degree just for qualification sake and then focus on your hustle.
there are a lot of guys out there who are lawyers and are into other things.
so just focus in school, then after u can do what u want. unfortunately we are not in America where dropouts end up being Bill Gates and the likes, we are in Nigeria where even PHD holders drive trailers.
get ur ass out of your head, face your books and combine it with your hustle
reality
Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by mmadu5(m): 10:55pm On Jun 20, 2019
your not alone who school epp if you can read write thats all you need in life

2 Likes

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by Ejilaj(m): 10:55pm On Jun 20, 2019
BathingSoap:
i'll try to find the motivation to complete the course even tho there's a high probability that i won't find any.

At this point I would strongly advise that you work hard on your confidence. You have it all in you. You have all and what it takes to finish up and present that certificate to your mom.
I observed that you tend to be very pessimistic about your situation. You can't be productive when you have caged yourself to such believe that nothing would ever work for me. Your MINDSET is the most powerful instrument you have now to achieve it all. OPTIMISM should be your watch word at this point.
All the best!

1 Like

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by asalimpo(m): 10:55pm On Jun 20, 2019
DonBenny77:

Struggle and get that degree and don't drop out cos no matter how much money you make when you are with those your peers and colleagues you may feel inferior.
And years from now you will still see the need to go to school and still end up in one open university studying in old age.
this is d issue tht confuses people on this things- the social angle.
Op, what objectivity does a piece of paper present to you-in person. It is hard to swim against the tide of social opinion,but dude,i tell u, u will never regret living by ur conviction.
If any1 looks down on u for not having a degree it's because it's entrenched in them to think so. Just like ppl look down on people for not being married or having a car. You can either conform or beat ur own path in life.

2 Likes

Re: Help....i Have Lost Interest In School (pls Hear My Story) by safarigirl(f): 10:58pm On Jun 20, 2019
BathingSoap:

Thank you

Sorry for quoting this long post, but I need you to read this.

I understand your position. I was once like you, and to a great extent, I am still like you.

I'm also a law student, who has felt disillusioned with my course of study since my 200 level, I'm done with the University and I'm currently in law school, but I still feel empty and out of place here.

Though I never had a carry over, I just used to drift through the courses, because I wasn't interested. And when I started doing freelance writing in my 400 level and making money, I thought, who needs law to make money? Writing is what I love to do, not drafting.

However, you are already there, and missing these lectures and tests is more to your detriment, you did not come this far to just give up.

Let me ask, if you don't mind, is it school in general, that you are tired of, or is it law as a course? Would you feel differently if you were doing a course that aligned more with your talents?

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abia Poly First Batch For Non Jamb Candidates Is Out. Check Your Now. / The Current State Of FUTO ICT Building, 2 Years After Fire Incident / "Did You Know" Picture Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.