Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,773 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) (49932 Views)

Lady Remanded In Kirikiri Prison For Assaulting Police Officer (Photos) / Jean Codo Dies In Kirikiri Prison / Guard Arrested For Withdrawing N2m From School's Account (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 20, 2019
nams77:
Something is not adding up in this story. Didn't she do a bvn? Wasn't her picture on the mandate in the said bank? Somebody is not telling the truth.

This calls for forensic investigation and if the woman is right, her balance should be restored by the bank and compensstion paid for her incarceration.
Commercial bank. Meaning Microfinance bank, all those useless Akawo bank

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by Acidosis(m): 7:43am On Jun 20, 2019
jcmaiah:

Commercial bank. Meaning Microfinance bank, all those useless Akawo bank

You're ignorant. National licensed Microfinance banks use BVN, NUBAN (account numbers), ATM cards.

@OP,

If you don't remember your name, how do we believe the so called millions? Were are the receipts? It is easier to remember your name in my own opinion. I guess she's been paying that money to a criminal who promised to deposit on her behalf.

This is Nigeria where children steal their pensioner parents' ATM cards to withdraw. It is not a must for everyone to adopt the recent tech in the industry, especially in a country with a massively high level of illiteracy.

Majority of Nigerians are illiterates.
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by themoneybag: 7:55am On Jun 20, 2019
Damages done already nko

ARE YOU IN ABUJA?? CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by nams77: 8:14am On Jun 20, 2019
saasala:

You mean you read that lenghty post?

You need a job bro grin
For your information, i do have a job. And i resigned just yesterday from the other firm where i function as a consultant so i can focus on my PhD.

Its rather unfortunate that most Nigerian youth dont read. Its truly horrible. No wonder they are where they are.
Someone once said, to hide something from a black man, put in a book.
I know this my lengthy post will be tiring for you to read. Smh

1 Like

Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by Nopanties: 8:16am On Jun 20, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:
Why are they protecting the bank's identity?
Nna I tire o but I'm suspecting Polaris bank
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by tfelicityk(m): 8:23am On Jun 20, 2019
It is not a curse. All the staff of that bank that knows about the lady predicament will faces God's wrath.

What a cursed bank that can't save their customers rather steal from their customers heard earning money.

It is painful... They should have done that to 'The Have'. They knew what would happen to them and the bank.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 20, 2019
this is one of the reasons i dont trust banks. my money is in cryptocurrencies and stored in hard offline wallets. cant give control to any corperation...
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:52am On Jun 20, 2019
If the story is true then the next stop is a petition to EFcc.... There is nothing much to do but petition Efcc with the affidavit she swore then and her bank account number with the supposed bank.
It is not for keyboard activism.... I believe that even if the story is true the so called humanitarian group has their motive for the haste publicity

dre11:
...... Was later released after spending months in Jail

https://m.guardian.ng/life/woman-jailed-in-kirikiri-for-opening-an-account-released/

Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by Amyyy2020: 8:54am On Jun 20, 2019
And why withhold the name of the bank?? If this story is true, den nothing like "bank name withheld" mbok.
Lets knw d bank name and probably branch dat did such wickedness and hold d mgt accountable!
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by Amyyy2020: 8:56am On Jun 20, 2019
not ALL STAFF are involved in such poo. d mgt z to b held accountable...
tfelicityk:
It is not a curse. All the staff of that bank that knows about the lady predicament will faces God's wrath.

What a cursed bank that can't save their customers rather steal from their customers heard earning money.

It is painful... They should have done that to 'The Have'. They knew what would happen to them and the bank.

Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by fowlyansh181(m): 9:07am On Jun 20, 2019
Please bank name is needed so bank can be avoided
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 20, 2019
Acidosis:

You're ignorant. National licensed Microfinance banks use BVN, NUBAN (account numbers), ATM cards.

@OP,

If you don't remember your name, how do we believe the so called millions? Were are the receipts? It is easier to remember your name in my own opinion. I guess she's been paying that money to a criminal who promised to deposit on her behalf.

This is Nigeria where children steal their pensioner parents' ATM cards to withdraw. It is not a must for everyone to adopt the recent tech in the industry, especially in a country with a massively high level of illiteracy.

Majority of Nigerians are illiterates.

Oga I never said they don't have BVN, I said they are useless banks. Take your frustration somewhere else
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by Gbengageorge: 12:17pm On Jun 20, 2019
Let the bank compare the details on the account. Her picture , her bvn, and her addess. etc.
This story sounds stupid anyway.
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by mechanics(m): 7:44pm On Jun 20, 2019
In developed countries, the bank is meant to be sued for damages.
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by PoliteActivist: 4:46am On May 17, 2023
pocohantas:
Yawns...

No bank will arrest her for such nonsense.
Name change is very common.

Did she do BVN?
Whose name and picture was on it?

So, Rosemary abi Roseline that has almost a million in her account, couldn't get her name right?

When opening the account, what ID did she use? Because it doesn't seem like a Tier1 acct, considering her supposed balance. That is me assuming she has been running the acct.

You are mistaken. My money also "disappeared" from First Bank simply because I did not operate the account for years. I KNOW she's telling the truth
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by ivolt: 7:48am On May 17, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You are mistaken. My money also "disappeared" from First Bank simply because I did not operate the account for years. I KNOW she's telling the truth
Did you also forget your name?
From the story, at no time did she abandon the account.
FYI, money don't disappear from bank accounts anymore unless it is too insignificant
for you to pursue.
Bank money always leave a trail.
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by Dexy4yah(m): 7:54am On May 17, 2023
E no go pass ****bank.
That werey bank
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by PoliteActivist: 8:07am On May 17, 2023
ivolt:

Did you also forget your name?
From the story, at no time did she abandon the account.
FYI, money don't disappear from bank accounts anymore unless it is too insignificant
for you to pursue.
Bank money always leave a trail.

Go to this thread and tell it to this person. He and I were also like you till it happened to US!
Nigeria may be just too scammy, too corrupt, for banking
https://www.nairaland.com/7683397/how-250k-disappeared-zenith-bank#123037720
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by PoliteActivist: 8:14am On May 17, 2023
Dexy4yah:
E no go pass ****bank.
That werey bank

Name and shame the bank nau. Wetin u dey fear

1 Like

Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by PoliteActivist: 8:17am On May 17, 2023
mechanics:
In developed countries, the bank is meant to be sued for damages.

This NEVER happens in developed countries. People's money don't mysteriously disappear from accounts.
So there is no basis for the hypothesis
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by mechanics(m): 8:34am On May 17, 2023
PoliteActivist:

This NEVER happens in developed countries. People's money don't mysteriously disappear from accounts.
So there is no basis for the hypothesis
How do you, it does not happen in developed countries?
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by Pwettylinda(f): 8:51am On May 17, 2023
Thiefnubuu should Arrest that stupid bank manager now
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by ivolt: 8:53am On May 17, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Go to this thread and tell it to this person. He and I were also like you till it happened to US!
Nigeria may be just too scammy, too corrupt, for banking
https://www.nairaland.com/7683397/how-250k-disappeared-zenith-bank#123037720
The money didn't disappear, someone withdrew or transfer it.
Someone with a name, photo and address.

What has this got to do with Nigeria?
Is there a country where banks don't lose money to fraudsters?
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by NaijaCover(m): 9:05am On May 17, 2023
Nawa o
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by Dexy4yah(m): 9:42am On May 17, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Name and shame the bank nau. Wetin u dey fear
Zenith bank
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by Jlow2: 10:25am On May 17, 2023
An insider in the bank took advantage of her ignorance, sent her to jail and stole all her money
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by PoliteActivist: 11:43am On May 17, 2023
Jlow2:
An insider in the bank took advantage of her ignorance, sent her to jail and stole all her money

Exactly. You nailed it!
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by PoliteActivist: 11:49am On May 17, 2023
mechanics:
How do you, it does not happen in developed countries?

Because you NEVER hear of people's money mysteriously disappearing from accounts.

We may just eventually have to admit that banking is simply not possible in Nigeria, that there are so many scammers in Nigeria, there are not enough honest people to run banks without compromising people's info
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by PoliteActivist: 11:50am On May 17, 2023
Dexy4yah:

Zenith bank

Their name comes up a lot, but happens in all Nigerian banks

1 Like

Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by PoliteActivist: 11:53am On May 17, 2023
ivolt:

The money didn't disappear, someone withdrew or transfer it.
Someone with a name, photo and address.

What has this got to do with Nigeria?
Is there a country where banks don't lose money to fraudsters?

Well, what makes banking possible is that there are enough honest people to be trusted with people's info.
We may just eventually have to admit that banking is simply not possible in Nigeria, that there are so many scammers and so much corruptionin that there are not enough honest people to run banks without compromising people's info
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by mechanics(m): 1:48pm On May 17, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Because you NEVER hear of people's money mysteriously disappearing from accounts.

We may just eventually have to admit that banking is simply not possible in Nigeria, that there are so many scammers in Nigeria, there are not enough honest people to run banks without compromising people's info
Alright, just because we don't hear of that does not mean it's not happening, I took that for an example.
Re: Woman Jailed In Kirikiri For “opening An Account” (photo) by PoliteActivist: 6:11pm On May 17, 2023
mechanics:
Alright, just because we don't hear of that does not mean it's not happening, I took that for an example.

You must hear about it just as we hear those happening here. People make big noise about such things

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

US: Man Chops Partner's Head Off, Stabs Her Corpse Over 100 Times (Pictured) / Sodomy And Cannibalism In Kuje College Exposed By 6-year-old Pupil / Bandits Kidnap 90 Passengers In Edo, Intercept GUO Luxurious Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.