Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" (4223 Views)

Book Of Leviticus (very Powerful And Symbolic) / A Blasphemer Put To Death: Leviticus 24:10-16 / Church Gives N1M To Man Who Sleeps On Meat Seller's Table In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:05am On Aug 29, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Should We Also Dismiss Avoiding Lying, Theft, And Adultery?

If, as some argue, we are not under the Law and so we can dismisses Leviticus--along with its clear condemnation of homosexuality--then shouldn't we also dismiss Levitical teachings that warn against:

Lying (Lev. 19:11),
Theft (Lev. 19:13),
Bearing false witness (Lev. 19:16),
Hating your fellow man (Lev. 19:17),
Exacting vengeance (Lev. 19:18),
Avoiding unjust balances (Lev. 19:36),
Sacrificing children (Lev. 20:1-5),
Committing adultery (Lev. 20:10),
Committing incest (20:11-14),
And the practice of bestiality (Lev. 20:15-16)?

Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:55pm On Aug 29, 2019
Are we also to dismiss Leviticus along with the idea of being holy, of loving our neighbour, and that God will walk among us in the person of Jesus? Of course not. To do so by saying we are not under law displays deep theological ignorance. There are certainly aspects of Leviticus which are no longer applicable to us (civil and ceremonial), but there are others that still are--those things that apply to all nations and also that are reiterated in the New Testament--the prohibition of homosexuality being one of them.

Read More Here
Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:39am On Aug 30, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Goshen360, abeggy no keel pesin with laffta for here ooo.

I just like reading lies, when I know the truth. It amazes me, how people dont let the Bible ordinarily speak by itself, but people help the Bible saying things, it isnt saying and even forcibly putting words into the Bible's mouth, shoving it down its throat, choking the poor thing with shock I would suppose

Why wouldn't you commit incest or bestiality today (assuming you do not), is it because you are under the law? undecided
Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:16am On Aug 30, 2019
Goshen360:

Every time you discuss the word, you always show your lack of being grounded in the truth and always shifting goal post. Btw, it's being proven u do this game playing and post shifting all the time....if not, what has Obama and Hilary got to do with this topic if not distraction.....you are the very one that should get over it and move on.

That is your opinion and you are quite entitled to it but it is not necessary the truth. The game playing and shifting of the post only happens in your mind as there is no evidence to your false claims. Obama and Hilary are both enemies of the laws of God and that is what is called antinomianism.

Goshen360:

My point again:

When the law given to ISRAEL AS A NATION, it was given as ONE.....AND NOT DIVIDED INTO 3 CATEGORIES like you law advocate wants to teach. This is so that a break in this one is a break in all the rest of the 612 and including the 10 commandments.

IF YOU HAVE SCRIPTURES THAT MADE THOSE 3 DIVISIONS CATEGORY, PLEASE SHOW IT TO US. IF YOU HAVE SCRIPTURES SAYING THE ONE LAW WAS DIVIDED INTO 3 CATEGORIES SHOW IT TO US.

This is antinomianism in full display. If you study the Scriptures you will find out that God's Moral Law is one and that is universal, not limited to the nation of Israel. The ceremonial law has been fulfilled in Christ, while the civil law belongs to the nation of Israel. All scriptures to this effect has been posted by the OP and the onus is on you to post scriptures to back up your point.

Goshen360:

2. It is a TRUTH that has existed in the scriptures that.....BEFORE LIVED BEFORE THE LAW AND HAD MORALS WITHOUT THE 10 COMMANDMENTS. E.g, Joseph, Enoch, Abraham etc.....What's their 10 commandments that they lived by? A Christian DO NOT NEED the 10 commandments to be moral. People who are not even Christians can be moral without the 10 commandments.

When God created Adam the Moral Law was in-built into Man it is only the love of sin that silences our conscience to its alarm and this is the reason God had to write it on the table of stones to remind us. When we acknowledge our sins, repent and believe the gospel it is only after this that the Holy Spirit will reawaken our spirits which quickens us to walk in the Moral Law of God which is written upon the table of our hearts.
Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by MuttleyLaff: 10:00am On Aug 30, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Why wouldn't you commit incest or bestiality today (assuming you do not), is it because you are under the law? undecided
Aside the fact that God actually did and emphatically did talk against incest and bestiality, I wouldn't commit incest and bestiality because mutual consent will be absent. I wouldn't consent to incest and no animal can consciously give me consent. Also having carnal knowledge with animals is coveting strange and different flesh. Now being operating under a superior, stronger and higher law, I wouldn't be interested in either incest or bestiality too.
Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:30am On Aug 30, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

Aside the fact that God actually did and emphatically did talk against incest and bestiality, I wouldn't commit incest and bestiality because mutual consent will be absent.

Where and when did God 'emphatically talk' against incest and bestiality? What then would stop you from having sex with your daughter (if you have one) if she consents?

MuttleyLaff:

I wouldn't consent to incest and no animal can consciously give me consent.

What stops you from bestiality if your domesticated dog is on the heat and in the mood for you to hump it?

MuttleyLaff:

Also having carnal knowledge with animals is coveting strange and different flesh.

Where does the scripture forbid that?

MuttleyLaff:

Now being operating under a superior, stronger and higher law, I wouldn't be interested in either incest or bestiality too.

What is the basis of that superior, stronger and higher law? Does this law demand lesser requirements from you than the one we are talking about on this thread? undecided
Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:21pm On Aug 31, 2019
xproducer:

"And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire." - Jude 1: 6-8

Are you saying going after strange flesh is equal to homosexuality?
Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by xproducer: 8:30pm On Sep 01, 2019
Read Genesis Chapter 19, among others in the New testament referencing it, for context!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OLAADEGBU:

Are you saying going after strange flesh is equal to homosexuality?
Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:01pm On Sep 02, 2019
xproducer:

Read Genesis Chapter 19, among others in the New testament referencing it, for context!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What about the antediluvians, were they also practising homosexuality?
Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by Aaronsrod: 9:33pm On Sep 02, 2019
Bodydialect57:
Kill them you say?

Yes.

With fire!
Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 02, 2019
God does not want them dead but that they all should come to repentance.

Aaronsrod:

Yes.

With fire!
Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by Aaronsrod: 8:13pm On Sep 03, 2019
Bodydialect57:
God does not want them dead but that they all should come to repentance.

Lies from the pit of Hell!

He has commanded us to kill them! Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Do you know better than God??
Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 03, 2019
If any of them choose to believe in the atoning work of Jesus Christ and repent from their sins, they will be saved. God does not delight in their perishing in hell.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
2 Peter:3:9

Aaronsrod:

Lies from the pit of Hell!

He has commanded us to kill them! Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Do you know better than God??
Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by MuttleyLaff: 6:57am On Sep 04, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Where and when did God 'emphatically talks' against incest and bestiality?
"6Never have sexual intercourse with anyone related to you by blood I am the LORD.
7Never have sexual intercourse with your mother. She is your own mother. Never have sexual intercourse with her.
8Never have sexual intercourse with your stepmother. She is related to you through your father.
9Never have sexual intercourse with your stepsister, whether she is your father's daughter or your mother's daughter. It makes no difference whether or not she was born in your house.
10Never have sexual intercourse with your granddaughter, whether she is your son's daughter or your daughter's daughter, because she is related to you.
11Never have sexual intercourse with a daughter of your father and his wife. She is your own sister.
12Never have sexual intercourse with your father's sister. She is your paternal aunt.
13Never have sexual intercourse with your mother's sister. She is your maternal aunt.
14Never have sexual intercourse with the wife of your father's brother. She, too, is your aunt.
15Never have sexual intercourse with your daughter-in-law. She is your son's wife. Never have sexual intercourse with her.
16Never have sexual intercourse with your sister-in-law. She is your brother's wife.
17Never have sexual intercourse with a woman and her daughter or a woman and her granddaughter. They are related. Doing this is perverted.
18While your wife is living, never marry her sister as a rival wife and have sexual intercourse with her.
"
- Leviticus 18:6-18

OLAADEGBU:
Where and when did God 'emphatically talks' against incest and bestiality?
"You are not to have sexual intercourse with any animal, defiling yourself with it; a woman is not to present herself to an animal to mate with it; it is a perversion.""
- Leviticus 18:23

OLAADEGBU:
What then would stop you from having sex with your daughter (if you have one) if she consents?
What the heck kind of question is that, hmm? What kind of person asks a question like this? Asking such a pervese question like this, sure does reveal the personality and the inner workings of the questioner's mind.

Fyi, the answer to your perverted question is, asides instructive Leviticus 18:6, the understanding it is a confusing and/or perverse act stops me.

OLAADEGBU:
What stops you from bestiality if your domesticated dog is on the heat and in the mood for you to hump it?
Smh. Aside instructive Leviticus 18:23, self-discipline, self-control, self-regard and the understanding that this is a confusing and/or perverse act stops me, the fact is, any domesticated dog is not in any position to give a human informed consent to sex

OLAADEGBU:
Where does the scripture forbid that?
"For not all flesh is the same, but there is one kind for humans, another for animals, another for birds, and another for fish"
- 1 Corinthians 15:39

Leviticus 18:23 earlier above given, is where the scripture forbids that. Now, as noted from 1 Corinthians 15:39 above about the difference in flesh, then having sexual intercorse or carnal knowledge with animals, means such person is consumed with desire for different flesh. Some even go beyond animals, by lusting for strange flesh, something further and more different

OLAADEGBU:
What is the basis of that superior, stronger and higher law?
It helps you with your life as regards, forming normative rules of conduct, as in, moral standards that regulate right and wrong conduct

OLAADEGBU:
Does this law demand lesser requirements from you than the one we are talking about on this thread? undecided
"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another"
- John 13:34

"In the same way, when working with Gentiles, I live like a Gentile, outside the Jewish Law, in order to win Gentiles.
This does not mean that I don't obey God's law; I am really under Christ's law
"
- 1 Corinthians 9:21

"For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."
- Galatians 5:14

OLAADEGBU, please respond to the following three easy, simple, straightforward and direct questions:
1/ Please tell, what then is/are the law(s), you're talking about on this thread?
2/ What to your understanding, originally, contextually, truthfully to the fullest degree and really all about, is/are the law(s) you hopefully on the thread, are n point of fact(s) deliberating?
3/ The law by virtue of being superior, stronger and higher does not demand any lesser requirement. Does the law of aerodynamics, in face of the law of gravity, demand lesser requirements from you?
Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by Aaronsrod: 11:37am On Sep 04, 2019
Bodydialect57:
If any of them choose to believe in the atoning work of Jesus Christ and repent from their sins, they will be saved. God does not delight in their perishing in hell.

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
2 Peter:3:9

Folly!

How can they repent if they have been put to death as He commands??
Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 04, 2019
Have they all been put to death?
Aaronsrod:

Folly!

How can they repent if they have been put to death as He commands??
Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:09pm On Sep 04, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

"6Never have sexual intercourse with anyone related to you by blood I am the LORD.
7Never have sexual intercourse with your mother. She is your own mother. Never have sexual intercourse with her.
8Never have sexual intercourse with your stepmother. She is related to you through your father.
9Never have sexual intercourse with your stepsister, whether she is your father's daughter or your mother's daughter. It makes no difference whether or not she was born in your house.
10Never have sexual intercourse with your granddaughter, whether she is your son's daughter or your daughter's daughter, because she is related to you.
11Never have sexual intercourse with a daughter of your father and his wife. She is your own sister.
12Never have sexual intercourse with your father's sister. She is your paternal aunt.
13Never have sexual intercourse with your mother's sister. She is your maternal aunt.
14Never have sexual intercourse with the wife of your father's brother. She, too, is your aunt.
15Never have sexual intercourse with your daughter-in-law. She is your son's wife. Never have sexual intercourse with her.
16Never have sexual intercourse with your sister-in-law. She is your brother's wife.
17Never have sexual intercourse with a woman and her daughter or a woman and her granddaughter. They are related. Doing this is perverted.
18While your wife is living, never marry her sister as a rival wife and have sexual intercourse with her.
"
- Leviticus 18:6-18

"You are not to have sexual intercourse with any animal, defiling yourself with it; a woman is not to present herself to an animal to mate with it; it is a perversion.""
- Leviticus 18:23

You supported Goshen by saying that we are no longer under the law, why are you now quoting the law as a reason why you will not commit such acts? undecided

MuttleyLaff:

What the heck kind of question is that, hmm? What kind of person asks a question like this? Asking such a pervese question like this, sure does reveal the personality and the inner workings of the questioner's mind.

Don't give me that sanctimonious response as if you are holier than the inspired word of God written in the OT! Are you also accusing God for describing those acts into details in the OT? Come off it and just answer the question!

MuttleyLaff:

Fyi, the answer to your perverted question is, asides instructive Leviticus 18:6, the understanding it is a confusing and/or perverse act stops me.

Your emotional blackmail will not work. Are you saying that the OT law prevents you from committing such acts or not? Please make yourself clear. On what basis are the acts confusing and/or perverse? undecided

MuttleyLaff:

Smh. Aside instructive Leviticus 18:23, self-discipline, self-control, self-regard and the understanding that this is a confusing and/or perverse act stops me, the fact is, any domesticated dog is not in any position to give a human informed consent to sex

If you say the law is only instructive are you insisting that there are no eternal consequences for committing such acts? undecided

MuttleyLaff:

"For not all flesh is the same, but there is one kind for humans, another for animals, another for birds, and another for fish"
- 1 Corinthians 15:39

Animals can have different kinds. I saw a dog and a cat today locked in a sexual position. Why should they be able to do that when humans cannot if you say we are not under the law? undecided

MuttleyLaff:

Leviticus 18:23 earlier above given, is where the scripture forbids that. Now, as noted from 1 Corinthians 15:39 above about the difference in flesh, then having sexual intercorse or carnal knowledge with animals, means such person is consumed with desire for different flesh. Some even go beyond animals, by lusting for strange flesh, something further and more different

If the law forbids you from having sex with animals why are you then saying that you are no longer bound by the same law for doing the same? Don't you think you are shooting yourself in the foot? undecided

MuttleyLaff:

It helps you with your life as regards, forming normative rules of conduct, as in, moral standards that regulate right and wrong conduct

Does it have eternal consequences if that moral standard is broken? undecided

MuttleyLaff:

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another"
- John 13:34

"In the same way, when working with Gentiles, I live like a Gentile, outside the Jewish Law, in order to win Gentiles.
This does not mean that I don't obey God's law; I am really under Christ's law
"
- 1 Corinthians 9:21

"For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."
- Galatians 5:14

"For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 5:20).

If that is the case then more responsibility is on you than those under the OT law. cool

MuttleyLaff:

OLAADEGBU, please respond to the following three easy, simple, straightforward and direct questions:
1/ Please tell, what then is/are the law(s), you're talking about on this thread?

If you had read the OP you would know the particular OT chapter that this topic is based on.

MuttleyLaff:

2/ What to your understanding, originally, contextually, truthfully to the fullest degree and really all about, is/are the law(s) you hopefully on the thread, are n point of fact(s) deliberating?

This is why folks need to read the OP before jumping into arguments, your answer is all over the OP.

MuttleyLaff:

3/ The law by virtue of being superior, stronger and higher does not demand any lesser requirement. Does the law of aerodynamics, in face of the law of gravity, demand lesser requirements from you?

That is my point. If homosexuality is forbidden in the OT then under a superior law it is double forbidden, if you permit me to say it like that.
Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by MuttleyLaff: 3:52pm On Sep 08, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
You supported Goshen by saying that we are no longer under the law, why are you now quoting the law as a reason why you will not commit such acts? undecided
You must be suffering from a bout of amnesia, if you dont remember its you asking me where and when did God "emphatically talks" against incest and bestiality that prompted me giving you, what you by yourself asked me for.

OLAADEGBU:
Don't give me that sanctimonious response as if you are holier than the inspired word of God written in the OT! Are you also accusing God for describing those acts into details in the OT? Come off it and just answer the question!
God didnt ask me perverse questions. It is you who has. I already said, the answer to your perverted question is, asides instructive Leviticus 18:6, the understanding it is a confusing and/or perverse act stops me.

OLAADEGBU:
Your emotional blackmail will not work. Are you saying that the OT law prevents you from committing such acts or not? Please make yourself clear. On what basis are the acts confusing and/or perverse? undecided
Human parents dont have sexual intercourse with their children. Whoever that does hasnt been thinking clearly, this is part basis of the act being confusing. Another important thing, that seemed to elapse you is, mutual consent and there's no chance of ice in hell, I'll consent even if she does. Can you now see how warped your mind works in conjuring up such a monstrous question like this, hmm?

OLAADEGBU:
If you say the law is only instructive are you insisting that there are no eternal consequences for committing such acts? undecided
Misquoting people must be a hobby of yours. I never and at all said "... the law is only instructive ..." Please either get your facts right or correct the vision by visiting SpecSavers

OLAADEGBU:
Animals can have different kinds. I saw a dog and a cat today locked in a sexual position. Why should they be able to do that when humans cannot if you say we are not under the law? undecided
Even if animals can have different kinds, a truth that you now are introducing in here, it doesnt change the fact that animal flesh is animal flesh. Animals are able to have sex with another animal, even a different kind because they are still animals, but humans cant have sex with animals because aside the law prohibiting this, their flesh, as earlier said, is different and strange to that of animals.

Please correct yourself, I never said we are not under the law, but said, being operating under a superior, stronger and higher law, I wouldn't be interested in either incest or bestiality too, as the law by virtue of being superior, stronger and higher does not demand any lesser requirement.

OLAADEGBU:
If the law forbids you from having sex with animals why are you then saying that you are no longer bound by the same law for doing the same? Don't you think you are shooting yourself in the foot? undecided
There is a principle that says, what goes up must come, however there is another principle, superior, stronger and more powerful, that enables me go up and stay up in air thus ignoring the principle that says what goes up must come, making me no longer bound by that limiting principle

OLAADEGBU:
Does it have eternal consequences if that moral standard is broken? undecided
It is the mother of all laws, all the laws hinge on it, so of course, yes, there is eternal consequences if broken

OLAADEGBU:
"For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 5:20).

If that is the case then more responsibility is on you than those under the OT law. cool
Part of the Gospel, part of the good news, is that grace gets us through

OLAADEGBU:
If you had read the OP you would know the particular OT chapter that this topic is based on.
You can play your hide and seek game with yourself, if thats how you want to

OLAADEGBU:
This is why folks need to read the OP before jumping into arguments, your answer is all over the OP.
This is always the cop out, the free get out of jail card for you to use, hmm abi?

OLAADEGBU:
That is my point. If homosexuality is forbidden in the OT then under a superior law it is double forbidden, if you permit me to say it like that.
You had no point. To have a point, you successfully need to, consider together with the preceding background and surrounding words of the verse(s) you quoted, as in, consider the entire chapter upon which this topic is based on, then tell, clearly defined and/or identified, what kind of homosexuality is forbidden and also the reason specifically why that kind of homosexuality is forbidden

I hope you appreciate the huge risks I am taking by skating on thin ice which is broaching this subject with you. I did out of courtesy continuing with you because this discourse started before I got relieved from talking about it, so my dear brother, I trust you'll understand, if I should at any moment, suddenly clam up and refuse to respond to probing(s) that I know would get me into very hot unsavoury soup with God.

1 Like

Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by OkCornel(m): 3:56pm On Sep 08, 2019
Lol...we will soon hear there is a type of homosexuality acceptable unto God.

I am waiting and watching to see this joke unfold here.

Meanwhile, this is the story of a gay baboon busy raping men in South Africa...for those who think animals can't give consent to sex;
https://www.nairaland.com/5402928/gay-baboon-terrorises-villagers-south

Bestiality and Homosexuality are abominations...just as adultery and fornication. No rationalization to accept what is wrong and against the order of nature with regards to pro-creation
Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by MuttleyLaff: 1:21am On Sep 09, 2019
[img]https://s3/images/FakeNewsBaboon.jpg[/img]

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/did-baboon-terrorize-village/

"... but stuff about gay baboons, stuff about pastors saying they went to heaven, that goes viral", he said

1 Like

Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:40pm On Sep 10, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://s3/images/FakeNewsBaboon.jpg[/img]

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/did-baboon-terrorize-village/

"... but stuff about gay baboons, stuff about pastors saying they went to heaven, that goes viral", he said

Can you also fact check the video clip below is not as a result of bestiality?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdwYE-bTYsg

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/mutant-calf-born-human-face-19912138

1 Like

Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by MuttleyLaff: 1:36pm On Sep 10, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Can you also fact check the video clip below is not as a result of bestiality?

h ttps://youtu.be/JdwYE-bTYsg

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/mutant-calf-born-human-face-19912138

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/half-human-half-lamb-born-south-africa/

I don't know what's stopping you check yourself, anyway that is the result about it being false up there
Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/half-human-half-lamb-born-south-africa/

I don't know what's stopping you check yourself, anyway that is the result about it being false up there

The usual fake snope 'fact checker' of course. The link and videoclip I posted was about a calf and not a lamb, it also happened in Argentina and not in South Africa, do you know the difference between lamb and calf, South Africa and South America respectively? Ask your dodgy fact checker again. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:00pm On Sep 10, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Lev. 18:22

"You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination." (NASB)
"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination." (ESV, NKJV)

Clearly, the Old Testament condemns homosexuality. What else does it mean when it says "you shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female"? The term "lie with" here refers to sexual intercourse in the phrase "lie with a male as one lies with a female." It is an abomination. The word here is תֹּועֵבָה towʿebah, toʿebah.

117 occurrences; AV translates as "abomination" 113 times, "abominable thing" twice, and "abominable" twice. 1 a disgusting thing, abomination, abominable. 1a in ritual sense (of unclean food, idols, mixed marriages). 1b in ethical sense (of wickedness etc. ).1

Lev. 20:13

"If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them." (NASB)
"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." (ESV)

TBC

The main issue at hand. smiley

1 Like

Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by MuttleyLaff: 3:44pm On Sep 10, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
The usual fake snope 'fact checker' of course. The link and videoclip I posted was about a calf and not a lamb, it also happened in Argentina and not in South Africa, do you know the difference between lamb and calf, South Africa and South America respectively? Ask your dodgy fact checker again. tongue
If I personally didn't know you and spoken with you, I would have said you're illiterate for calling the site fake and you're scared stiff of getting your grubby fingers dirty with fact checking.
Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:20pm On Sep 10, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

If I personally didn't know you and spoken with you, I would have said you're illiterate for calling the site fake and you're scared stiff of getting your grubby fingers dirty with fact checking.

Where and when did I know or speak with you? The snope site is still fake if it is giving you false information. cool

2 Likes

Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by MuttleyLaff: 11:48pm On Sep 10, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
Where and when did I know you or speak with you?
I am not making it up. You can argue, if you want and argue with yourself until your face turns blue, asking where and when did I know you or speak with you, but I know and God knows, I have spoken with you over the phone. The phonecall was made, over 10 years ago, during period when JeSoul was still on, and active as that here. I miss JeSoul, very much, not being here anymore.

OLAADEGBU:
The site is still fake if it is giving you false information. cool
[img]https://s3/images/calfFake.jpg[/img]

What false information is Snopes giving? That is slander OLAADEGBU and you seem to take pride in it.

Fyi OLAADEGBU, Snopes, is a reputable debunker of fake news sites. Snopes does not give false information rather for more than two decades, it reliably has been reporting facts and fakes at no charge to readers. If the site is not the leading, then it is one of the leading fact-checking agencies out there. It is a rumor detective site, that debunks or confirms widely spread urban legends. The site has been positively referenced by moi, news media and other sites, like for example CNN, MSNBC, Fortune, Forbes, The New York Times, BBC etcetera, so stop behaving like a plonker by saying the site is fake.

Now OLAADEGBU, what you saw in the video and story is something called holoprosencephaly. What you saw has nothing to do with bestiality and is not as a result of bestiality, so please stop spreading rumours and circulating fake news. Engaging in gossip, like this one you tried peddling, maybe, in desperation to score a point or get a leg up, is unbecoming for somebody, someone of your stature.

"You arent illiterate nau, you go school nah, shebi o kawe, shebi o mọ iwe ka," so if you've ever being within the four walls of a school's classroom, then why couldnt you read up whats on the above screen grab and stop yourself from behaving ignorantly, erhn?
Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:05pm On Sep 12, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

You must be suffering from a bout of amnesia, if you dont remember its you asking me where and when did God "emphatically talks" against incest and bestiality that prompted me giving you, what you by yourself asked me for.

I asked you that question since you gave me the impression that you are not bound by the Moral law of God as given in Leviticus and I wonder why you had to quote the same laws you dismissed as not being applicable to us.

MuttleyLaff:

God didnt ask me perverse questions. It is you who has. I already said, the answer to your perverted question is, asides instructive Leviticus 18:6, the understanding it is a confusing and/or perverse act stops me.

It is God who commanded not asked that man should not lie with a man. Are you saying those commandments are perverse?

MuttleyLaff:

Human parents dont have sexual intercourse with their children. Whoever that does hasnt been thinking clearly, this is part basis of the act being confusing. Another important thing, that seemed to elapse you is, mutual consent and there's no chance of ice in hell, I'll consent even if she does. Can you now see how warped your mind works in conjuring up such a monstrous question like this, hmm?

Why then did God forbid those abominations if it could not happen? Where did God say that there has to be mutual consent?

MuttleyLaff:

Misquoting people must be a hobby of yours. I never and at all said "... the law is only instructive ..." Please either get your facts right or correct the vision by visiting SpecSavers

SpecSavers ko, VisionExpress ni. tongue

MuttleyLaff:

Even if animals can have different kinds, a truth that you now are introducing in here, it doesnt change the fact that animal flesh is animal flesh. Animals are able to have sex with another animal, even a different kind because they are still animals, but humans cant have sex with animals because aside the law prohibiting this, their flesh, as earlier said, is different and strange to that of animals.

Who said that is bestiality is not possible. If God forbids it that meant that it was a thing that was practised by humans and animals.

MuttleyLaff:

Please correct yourself, I never said we are not under the law, but said, being operating under a superior, stronger and higher law, I wouldn't be interested in either incest or bestiality too, as the law by virtue of being superior, stronger and higher does not demand any lesser requirement.

Why were you defending and supporting Goshen who believes that the Moral law no longer applies to us?

MuttleyLaff:

There is a principle that says, what goes up must come, however there is another principle, superior, stronger and more powerful, that enables me go up and stay up in air thus ignoring the principle that says what goes up must come, making me no longer bound by that limiting principle

Whoever breaks God's Moral Law will pay the eternal consequence if they don't repent and believe the gospel.

MuttleyLaff:

It is the mother of all laws, all the laws hinge on it, so of course, yes, there is eternal consequences if broken

Good to know you believe this.

MuttleyLaff:

Part of the Gospel, part of the good news, is that grace gets us through

Can we continue in sin and expect grace to abound? God forbid.

MuttleyLaff:

You can play your hide and seek game with yourself, if thats how you want to

This is always the cop out, the free get out of jail card for you to use, hmm abi?

Do your homework.

MuttleyLaff:

You had no point. To have a point, you successfully need to, consider together with the preceding background and surrounding words of the verse(s) you quoted, as in, consider the entire chapter upon which this topic is based on, then tell, clearly defined and/or identified, what kind of homosexuality is forbidden and also the reason specifically why that kind of homosexuality is forbidden

According to the topic: 'Man who lies with a man' whichever way you want to paint it is an abomination and therefore forbidden by God's Moral Law.

MuttleyLaff:

I hope you appreciate the huge risks I am taking by skating on thin ice which is broaching this subject with you. I did out of courtesy continuing with you because this discourse started before I got relieved from talking about it, so my dear brother, I trust you'll understand, if I should at any moment, suddenly clam up and refuse to respond to probing(s) that I know would get me into very hot unsavoury soup with God.

It will be better for you to come out straight and tell us the kind of homosexuality that you feel is permitted by God.
Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:28pm On Sep 12, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

I am not making it up. You can argue, if you want and argue with yourself until your face turns blue, asking where and when did I know you or speak with you, but I know and God knows, I have spoken with you over the phone. The phonecall was made, over 10 years ago, during period when JeSoul was still on, and active as that here. I miss JeSoul, very much, not being here anymore.

I think I Recognise you now, how are you doing? It's been a long time. I also remember JeSoul who started well but began to compromise her convictions after she was made an administrator. The same as Frosbel who has now descended to the last rung of the stairs. Thanks for your IT support and your witty interventions back in the day. How is your faith keeping? I also miss Pilgrim who has since left the forum. I hope she is well.

MuttleyLaff:

[img]https://s3/images/calfFake.jpg[/img]

What false information is Snopes giving? That is slander OLAADEGBU and you seem to take pride in it.

Snopes is a Democrat propaganda machine, don't fall for it. See the possibility of an human/animal hybrid being discussed here.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/human-animal-hybrid-japan-stem-cell-research-tokyo-genes-a9027131.html

MuttleyLaff:

Fyi OLAADEGBU, Snopes, is a reputable debunker of fake news sites. Snopes does not give false information rather for more than two decades, it reliably has been reporting facts and fakes at no charge to readers. If the site is not the leading, then it is one of the leading fact-checking agencies out there. It is a rumor detective site, that debunks or confirms widely spread urban legends. The site has been positively referenced by moi, news media and other sites, like for example CNN, MSNBC, Fortune, Forbes, The New York Times, BBC etcetera, so stop behaving like a plonker by saying the site is fake.

Snopes is a propaganda for the lamestream media you mentioned above. They have been tagged as fake news media.

MuttleyLaff:

Now OLAADEGBU, what you saw in the video and story is something called holoprosencephaly. What you saw has nothing to do with bestiality and is not as a result of bestiality, so please stop spreading rumours and circulating fake news. Engaging in gossip, like this one you tried peddling, maybe, in desperation to score a point or get a leg up, is unbecoming for somebody, someone of your stature.

If bestiality was impossible God would not have warned us against it.

MuttleyLaff:

"You arent illiterate nau, you go school nah, shebi o kawe, shebi o mọ iwe ka," so if you've ever being within the four walls of a school's classroom, then why couldnt you read up whats on the above screen grab and stop yourself from behaving ignorantly, erhn?

You say you are literate and yet you take propaganda for the truth. The Bible says God created after their own kind but you believe Snopes that says that Chimpanzees are human's extant relatives and that we evolved 7 million years apart. What school did you learn that from? It's certainly not from the school of the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by OkCornel(m): 12:08am On Sep 13, 2019
Dear OP, You'll find this video of Ravi Zacharias (a leading Christian Apologist) on homosexuality insightful and interesting;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPYRXop7aPA
Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by OkCornel(m): 6:54am On Sep 13, 2019
And another one;

Gay Pastor VS Pastor Gino Jennings: IS IT GODS WILL FOR MEN TO MARRY MEN PART 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jilLkXWIryM
Re: Leviticus 18:22, 20:13, And A "Man Who Lies With A Man" by MuttleyLaff: 8:41pm On Sep 14, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
I asked you that question since you gave me the impression that you are not bound by the Moral law of God as given in Leviticus and I wonder why you had to quote the same laws you dismissed as not being applicable to us.
"4But when the time had fully come, God sent His Son, born of a woman, born under the law,
5to redeem those under the Law,
"
- Galatians 4:4-5a

"37Jesus declared, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.
38This is the first and greatest commandment.
39And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.
40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
"
- Matthew 22:37-39

"13For you, brothers, were called to freedom; but do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh. Rather, serve one another in love.
14The entire Law is fulfilled in a single decree: “Love your neighbor as yourself.
"
- Galatians 5:13-14

OLAADEGBU, I know you're more mature in your theology than others are, for you not to appreciate that there is no licence for behaving badly. Matthew 22:37-39 and Galatians 5:14 above, comes from Deuteronomy 6:5 and Leviticus 19:18

When I am travelling in the air with a plane, for as long as I am operating with a higher, superior and more powerful principle of aerodynamics, I am not bound by the law of gravity. I love my neighbour as myself, and wouldnt do to my neighbour, what I wouldnt like be done to me

OLAADEGBU:
It is God who commanded not asked that man should not lie with a man. Are you saying those commandments are perverse?
You are putting pervese situations about my daughter to me to consider, not God. Your warped mind working overtime, conjuring up such a monstrous and distatesful question by putting forward a pervese situation about my daughter to me for consideration

OLAADEGBU:
Why then did God forbid those abominations if it could not happen?
God forbidded those things to happen because it was the prevailing customs and practices the inhabitants of the land in Canaan were indulging in as idolatory sexual worship and male temple prostitution

OLAADEGBU:
Where did God say that there has to be mutual consent?
There are many cases in the bible where mutual consent has to be, if not, then it becomes rape, attempted rape, sexual assault on an animal etcetera. The men at Sodom and Gomorrah attempted to gang rape the angels, tried to have sex with them against their without their consent

OLAADEGBU:
SpecSavers ko, VisionExpress ni. tongue
You better make up your mind which of the two you prefer

OLAADEGBU:
Who said that is bestiality is not possible. If God forbids it that meant that it was a thing that was practised by humans and animals.
Nobody has said bestiality is not possible. What we've said is that it is not possible to have a human animal hybrid from having sexual intercourse with animals. Human animal hybrid is possible in a lab using stem cells, just as done with animal clones like Dolly. I have above given you reasons why God forbid it, the other third reason is too strong meat for your teeth to cut into, so I spare sharing the third reason with you olaadegbu

OLAADEGBU:
Why were you defending and supporting Goshen who believes that the Moral law no longer applies to us?
How many times do you want to hear this, huh? When When I am travelling in the air with a plane, for as long as I am operating with a higher, superior and more powerful principle of aerodynamics, I am not bound by the law of gravity, is why OLAADEGBU

OLAADEGBU:
Whoever breaks God's Moral Law will pay the eternal consequence if they don't repent and believe the gospel.
Of course, jump out of a plane without a parachute or similar, and you'll pay the consequence, if you dont repent and believe the gospel

OLAADEGBU:
Good to know you believe this
Pity and not good that you dont

OLAADEGBU:
Can we continue in sin and expect grace to abound? God forbid
You have to rely on rhetorics. Who and where is continuing in sin. Three fingers pointing back at you as you point at another person

OLAADEGBU:
Do your homework
"There shall be no LovePeddler (i.e. ritual harlot) of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite (i.e. temple prostitute) of the sons of Israel."
- Deuteronomy 23:17

"And there were also sodomites (i.e. male cult prostitutes) in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel"
- 1 Kings 14:24

If you had done your homework you would have realised that the context of Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13 were actually talking about Deuteronomy 23:17, 1 Kings 14:24 above and other similar verses too.

OLAADEGBU:
According to the topic: 'Man who lies with a man' whichever way you want to paint it is an abomination and therefore forbidden by God's Moral Law.
OLAADEGBU, what about having sex with madam Mrs OLAADEGBU, when she is on her period. I know you cant deny you havent and never made love to her during her period

OK, how about your beautiful home, was it bought on mortgage, as in money lending or not, hmm? Why arent you then condemning either of them too, erhn? They afterall are part and parcel of the Leviticus bunch that Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13 are part of, hmm OLAADEGBU?

OLAADEGBU:
It will be better for you to come out straight and tell us the kind of homosexuality that you feel is permitted by God.
It is there for all to know. If you know, you know. Who no know, no go know

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Comedian Collapses On Stage & Fractures Skull A Few Seconds After Mocking Jesus / The Eternal Synagogue Of The Civilized (atheist Movement) / What Happened to Your Ancestors Who Didn't Know Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.