Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,229 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) (34100 Views)

"Fathala Wildlife Reserve In Senegal" Where You Can Chill With A Lion With A St / The New Face Of Oyingbo BRT Park - Photos / Gay Lions Getting Intimate At Kenya's National Park (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by BanevsJoker(m): 10:38am On Jun 20, 2019
Did you film any of the animals swallowing Naira notes? We need the evidence for something.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by Burger01(m): 10:38am On Jun 20, 2019
Those animals are malnourished angry

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by MedoUnboxing(m): 10:39am On Jun 20, 2019
Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by FManager(m): 10:40am On Jun 20, 2019
nereushouse:
I came to Jos for a short Business trip, so I have decided to sojourn in the City for a couple of days to have a good tourism visits to the beautiful sites of the City.

My first escapade was to the Jos Wildlife Park. I have never been to a Park nor a Zoo hithertho. I decided to visit the Jos Wildlife Park due to its closeness to where I was staying.

I went to the Park excitedly hoping for a beautiful adventure. I paid the compulsory fee sum of N200 for Adults entering to the Park.

Then, I walked straight down to where the animals were caged. Going in, the areas looked so unkept and bushy. Getting to the cages of the animals I discovered most of the cages were either empty or you find skinny animals in the shadow of it selves.
The first animals were two very hungry Ostriches then, l saw an animal looking like a little Tiger looking so hungry, very close to it was a Jackal, it looked so skinny that I wondered the kind of creature it was.
Moving forward, I saw an Elephant being fed by some tourists.

When I got to the cages of Apes, Oh my God. They were so hungry that they were begging for food and edible items from visitors. I saw people throwing all manner of food items at them as food, there were three gorrilas there. The monkeys too looked so hungry and unkept that I thought they were pussy cats. Damn!!
I went to other areas of the Park, I found more empty cages and hungry looking animals.
I felt so disappointed, not even a Staff around the cages to guide people around the Park. Apart form the staff I met at the Entrance gate, I didn't see any other staff inside the Park.

I hereby call on Plateau state Government to do something about the Park or better still convert it to something else.

This guy eh, you tire me ooo.
Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by Winneygirl(f): 10:41am On Jun 20, 2019
nereushouse:
I came to Jos for a short Business trip, so I have decided to sojourn in the City for a couple of days to have a good tourism visits to the beautiful sites of the City.

My first escapade was to the Jos Wildlife Park. I have never been to a Park nor a Zoo hithertho. I decided to visit the Jos Wildlife Park due to its closeness to where I was staying.

I went to the Park excitedly hoping for a beautiful adventure. I paid the compulsory fee sum of N200 for Adults entering to the Park.

Then, I walked straight down to where the animals were caged. Going in, the areas looked so unkept and bushy. Getting to the cages of the animals I discovered most of the cages were either empty or you find skinny animals in the shadow of it selves.
The first animals were two very hungry Ostriches then, l saw an animal looking like a little Tiger looking so hungry, very close to it was a Jackal, it looked so skinny that I wondered the kind of creature it was.

When I got to the cages of Apes, Oh my God. They were so hungry that they were begging for food and edible items from visitors. I saw people throwing all manner of food items at them as food, there were three gorrilas there. The monkeys too looked so hungry and unkept that I thought they were pussy cats. Damn!!
I went to other areas of the Park, I found more empty cages and hungry looking animals.
I felt so disappointed, not even a Staff around the cages to guide people around the Park. Apart form the staff I met at the Entrance gate, I didn't see any other staff inside the Park.

I hereby call on Plateau state Government to do something about the Park or better still convert it to something else.

I had a guide when I visited. And even did a video with the ostriches and especially Ellie.
I agree that the park needs a facelift and infusion of government funds.
We too as Nigerians should learn to patronize our own.
We grow together.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by Handsomebb: 10:42am On Jun 20, 2019
Nigeria ......we have not even gone half way success.
Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by Telvin7(m): 10:43am On Jun 20, 2019
hmmmmm I noticed something ....

The op looks hungry too ..

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by IfoyinTEDO(f): 10:44am On Jun 20, 2019
The government should pass a law. Rapist and kidnapers should thrown inside the zoo. At least, it will reduce cost of feeding the wild animals

1 Like

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by TSRC: 10:45am On Jun 20, 2019
Raxxye:
It's sad, but it's a true reflection of the state of virtually everything else in Nigeria!
It is the mediocrity everywhere. Square pegs in round holes.
There are Nigerians that are gifted in wild life and animal conservation and have a passion for it.
But you will never see them there. It is those looking for any job you will find there.

There are Nigerians who.were born to lead. They have been naturally endowed with leadeship and selflessness, and organisation, but we won't see them in power.

it is the buhari, atiku, yahaya bello of this world that have no business with power that gets to lead us.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by MrBONE2(m): 10:46am On Jun 20, 2019
grin
Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by MrBONE2(m): 10:47am On Jun 20, 2019
nereushouse:

grin

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by Herbephe1(m): 10:48am On Jun 20, 2019
Why including your pic when you don't want us to see your face, abi you're ugly ni??
Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by janettee(f): 10:48am On Jun 20, 2019
These animals all look malnourished and unkempt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by MrBONE2(m): 10:52am On Jun 20, 2019
nereushouse:

Brother, did u just say LION? I saw it. I didn't bother coming any inch closer talk of snapping it. I Love my LIFE. I saw the lion from afar with its bony looks. I didn't venture closer. Trust me.

grin
Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by Bizibi(m): 11:06am On Jun 20, 2019
Why calling it a wildlife park
This is a zoo.....the day Nigeria gets a standard wildlife park is the day our currency will be 90 naira to a 1 dollar.
Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by Garrieveryday: 11:10am On Jun 20, 2019
Racoon:
shocked The animals are also suffering the aftermath of the next level effect.Who don chop bellyfull to feed these poor animals? The zookeepers may have been corruptly enriching themselves with feeds meant for the animals.

It reminds me of when my brother was living with my late uncle. When he was given food to feed the dogs, he must first of all take care of his stomach before thinking of feeding the dogs. How would you feed animals when you yourself haven't fed yet?
Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by balonaija(f): 11:14am On Jun 20, 2019
but how?
Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 20, 2019
Hungry looking elephant
Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by Xisnin(m): 11:18am On Jun 20, 2019
nereushouse:

chukwuibuipob:
This is animals cruelty..Allow Kenya to manage this park in 6 months,u'll see change .What a waste

Shior!

You spent 200 Naira and expecting a 100K service.
You get what you paid for.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by STRENGTHesq(m): 11:19am On Jun 20, 2019
Make the kill the Ostriches and share the meat cool
They look so Yummy cheesy
Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by specie103(m): 11:27am On Jun 20, 2019
But the gorilla should chat their mate that swallow millions of naira recently instead of begging visitor.

Human being never chop Belle full, gorilla dey beg.
Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by sharpwriter(m): 11:31am On Jun 20, 2019
oloriooko:

OP Jos own better try FCT zoo you go vex and sue the authorities for animal abuse grin
Na Abuja zoo them keep goat inside cage for sighting grin grin grin

Hahaha... Goat for zoo?maybe na Chinese goat.. Many insane people managing things in naija cheesy
Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by 400billionman: 11:39am On Jun 20, 2019
That is the state of the Nation.
Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by Mcreloaded(m): 11:44am On Jun 20, 2019
And a vulture somewhere is feeding large in police custody.
Some animals are more lucky than others imagine the luck a vulture have compared to these ostriches
Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by purples25(f): 12:02pm On Jun 20, 2019
Even if people want to eat , they should not station themselves in the zoo to be eating what is meant to take care of these animals.

So if they knew they were hungry why stick themselves inside the zoo and be greedily eating while the animals starve. " Pesin never chop, na animal go come chop " . These are the words of a forceful brute. Nonsense, why didn't you guys come out and say you're hungry. Went and sat in the zoo like agbaya to be eating the food and sneering at the animals while doing so.

Well its funny when we support this but somehow we expect our leaders to be different. They too will say " We never chop, na ordinary citizen go come chop"
Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by oloriooko(m): 12:20pm On Jun 20, 2019
sharpwriter:

Hahaha... Goat for zoo? maybe na Chinese goat.. Many insane people managing things in naija cheesy

At the bolded grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by Streetdreamx(m): 12:36pm On Jun 20, 2019
Is that the ape that swallowed the Milly?
Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by aladetosin(m): 12:47pm On Jun 20, 2019
I visited the place during my service year,almost all d animals in d park were not well fed.
Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by thepatroit: 12:54pm On Jun 20, 2019
I visited the place, too during the Easter break and was sorely disappointed. There were no guides or directions. We just kept walking until we saw the next cage. The monkeys and baboons kept begging for food and I regretted not coming with some bananas because I didn't know if visitors were allowed to feed the animals. Someone gave one of the baboons sachet water and he took it like it was gold. What a pity! I heard Jos zoo is even worse.

I, however, saw a cute rabbit in the snake's cage. It was patiently waiting to be eaten. All the animals looked bored.
Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by Focusmind: 1:02pm On Jun 20, 2019
I keep on saying this, our standards are terribly low in this country. "Leave am like that mentality" in everything we do. We spend hard currencies to visit zoos in Kenya, South Africa and Botswana and see how healthy the animals are, the natural beauty of the zoo itself. People around the world visit Kenya's park and zoo and the country makes millions of dollars.

Nigeria's problem has defied all solutions. I am sure government is making yearly annual budgetary subvention to the park but the management will never use it for something good but only to loot the money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At The Jos Wildlife Park (photos) by JhyMedex: 1:46pm On Jun 20, 2019
daddytime:
Looking at them caged and still breathing, you might think they are lucky to have at least escaped premature death from the hands of hungry humans, unlike their free-range counterparts.

But believe me, theirs is even worse because they'd be made a show of, extorted, not well tended to, and would eventually succumb or even get killed by the same humans.

A very cruel way to be an animal in a zoo.

Didn't you see a lion, the size of an ekuke begging visitors for bread?

LMAO.. lion begging for bread!?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Lady Leaped Into A River From A Speeding Boat In Lagos / Umahi Inspects Ebonyi International Airport, Promises To Complete It / Air Peace Launches International Operations (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.