Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,676 members, 7,813,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections (15720 Views)

2023 Elections Are An Improvement On 2003, 2007 And 2019 Elections - Reno Omokri / PDP Mocks APC For Postponing Its National Convention Again / 2019 ELECTIONS: Saraki, Dogara’s Supporters Consider ADC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by ijustdey: 10:00am On Jun 20, 2019
National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Adams Oshiomhole has said he has refused to forgive the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for the postponement of the 2019 general elections.
Oshiomhole said this, yesterday, while responding to INEC’s National Commissioner, Festus Okoye, who had said during his presentation at an Electoral Reform Roundtable, that as at 5pm of Friday, February 15, INEC leadership were still optimistic on being able to pull through with the election on February 16, hence the delayed announcement of the postponement.

INEC announced the postponement of the elections few hours from the commencement of the presidential polls initially slated for February 16; an announcement that generated widespread criticism for the commission.

Oshiomhole, at the time, had been one of the most vocal critics of the electoral body over the decision. But four months later, the former Edo State governor has remained embittered with the commission.

“As at 5pm on Friday (February 15), some of the materials you (referring to INEC’s National Commissioner, Festus Okoye) needed were still at the airports. How could you have assumed that by some native doctor’s magical something (you could pull it through).

“Obviously you knew it was not in your competence to increase the day beyond 24 hours. So, obviously you knew and you cannot be pardoned for that. And I refuse to forgive you on that because you knew it and you made us incur costs that were avoidable and you subjected us to severe shocks.

“I don’t think you can defend that. It was gross, inexcusable negligence of duty and crass incompetence on the part of INEC. There is no need to wish it away,” he said.

He, however, added that as former INEC chairman Professor Attahiru Jega said earlier, the postponement was still better than the commission giving the country an electoral process that couldn’t deliver success.

He said forgiving INEC would only be because he could not do anything about past events.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/why-iii-not-forgive-inec-for-postponing-election-oshiomhole.html

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by ebuk4real(m): 10:05am On Jun 20, 2019
grin cheesy

Hand of Essau but voice of Jacob.

I will keep saying it that by the time PMB steps down and his malfeasances meticulously tabulated, Nigerians will themselves canonize GEJ a 'SAINT'. Take that to the BANK!!!

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by Tesclaros(m): 12:38pm On Jun 20, 2019
Very saddening

please kindly check my signature i want to sell my dell xps 13 urgently

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by KEVIND: 12:39pm On Jun 20, 2019
Bola Tinubu, Rotimi Amaechi and Adams Oshiomhole clap for yourselves for bringing this cancer for the second time. There's something the South don't seems to understand. Some southerners don't comprehend the fact that Buhari doesn't care what the Southern Nigerians think of him. His major aim is to Northernalize & Islamize the country. As long as he is celebrated in the North, especially in the other of Uthman Dan Fodio. He does not care what anyone think of him. He want to be remembered as the major proponent of the Northern cause & agenda.

10 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by gambia(m): 12:39pm On Jun 20, 2019
You are a comedian.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by omoadeleye(m): 12:39pm On Jun 20, 2019
so what's the implication of you not forgiving them?

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by Aarenasbaba(m): 12:39pm On Jun 20, 2019
Monkey of all time

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 20, 2019
What's this idiot saying? INEC still isn't ready for credible elections.
Re: Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by socialmediaman: 12:40pm On Jun 20, 2019
Dude, Maurice Iwu now sleeps in peace after you guys broke his record, so quit trying to deceive, not working...

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by gurunlocker: 12:40pm On Jun 20, 2019
One of the reasons "you" postponed the election was to frustrate those that traveled far east, because you already know their choice.

Another is to bribe your way in order to have candidate in Zamfara (now failed) and Rivers state (failed from inception)... So all these noise amount to nothing.

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by olaitonto(m): 12:41pm On Jun 20, 2019
Do we look like fools here? Oga Ade thinks we are from ABIAH OR HUMUAHIA WE AINT FOOLS FOOL, ITS ABOUT TIME

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by Danwakae(m): 12:42pm On Jun 20, 2019
THAT REALLY HELPED THE APC

OSHOBABA IS A WISE MAN

IT WAS USED TO RIGGED ELECTION...IT WAS A MASTER PLAN.

BUT DOESN'T REALLY HAVE EFFECT ON THE GOBER POLLS
Re: Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by Imstrong2(m): 12:43pm On Jun 20, 2019
This man doesn't have enough job at hand at the moment
Re: Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by solmusdesigns: 12:43pm On Jun 20, 2019
angry

oga leave stories jare, are we kindergartens here ... as much as i hate PDP with intense passion. Atiku people no dey form holy holy, in fact they came to tell us they hacked their imaginary INEC server
Re: Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by Latidoh1: 12:44pm On Jun 20, 2019
Comedy Central
Re: Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by Racoon(m): 12:44pm On Jun 20, 2019
cheesy Loquacious Adams Oshiomole starring in APC cooked up Awada Kerikeri.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by chinavs9ja(m): 12:44pm On Jun 20, 2019
Na dem Sabi

Get Your website Ready Today...check my signature
Re: Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by adewest1999(m): 12:45pm On Jun 20, 2019
grin INEC too will not forgive Atikumycin for hacking their server
Re: Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by Dchair2: 12:45pm On Jun 20, 2019
Danwakae:
THAT REALLY HELPED THE APC

OSHOBABA IS A WISE MAN

IT WAS USED TO RIGGED ELECTION...IT WAS A MASTER PLAN.

BUT DOESN'T REALLY HAVE EFFECT ON THE GOBER POLLS
Don't mind him, the postponement of the 2019 at that time is the only reason he is still the APC chairman today and the reason why his party was able to rig its way to victory

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by HeyCorleone(m): 12:45pm On Jun 20, 2019
olaitonto:
Do we look like fools here? Oga Ade thinks we are from ABIAH OR HUMUAHIA WE AINT FOOLS FOOL, ITS ABOUT TIME

Tribalism is indeed a canker that eats deep into the brain.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by CapitalHYC(m): 12:46pm On Jun 20, 2019
APC allowed this type of people to spit trash.... Oshiomole in his wildest dreams never expected to be where he is today... but who am I to question Buhari
Re: Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by iamawara(m): 12:46pm On Jun 20, 2019
Sht up, it was a planned work.
Re: Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by Abalado(f): 12:47pm On Jun 20, 2019
Short man devil,,, El Rufai
Re: Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by princenaira(m): 12:47pm On Jun 20, 2019
Oshiomole and APC leaders were aware that elections will be postponed but acted s script to feign ignorance and deceive gullible Nigerians.

They wanted to withhold elections in some critical PDP strongholds but when International observers declined support to that at 11th hour, the resulted to postponement to enable them time to execute their well ocastrated option B and it worked.

The reason Atiku is in court today and many seats already lost by APC

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by slawomir: 12:47pm On Jun 20, 2019
Okay
Re: Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by Alejobs: 12:48pm On Jun 20, 2019
We may be anonymous but not robot
Re: Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by suky1976: 12:51pm On Jun 20, 2019
adams is man of activist
Re: Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by Enyimbamercedes: 12:53pm On Jun 20, 2019
Noted Frog Sir

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: Why I Will Not Forgive INEC For Postponing 2019 Elections by omomummy11: 12:55pm On Jun 20, 2019
imaging this short EDO man. you're just a comedian

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yusuf Gagdi Tackles Melaye, Says Tinubu Is Healthy And Fit To Be President / We Won’t Stop Ex-militants’ Meeting –presidency / Court Bars Sheriff As PDP Chairman, Orders Recognition Of Markarfi As Caretaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.