Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,402 members, 7,861,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:48 AM

Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 - Investment (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 (79799 Views)

How To Be Rich In Nigeria / Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by abocana: 10:23pm On Nov 03, 2007
Still haven't got my Transcorp share cert.,. I will like to know,if it ok to keep waiting.

Thank guys.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by gabby11(m): 6:00am On Nov 04, 2007
Sound interesting!!!!!Tell me more.I also have something 4 u.go to http://www.updategabriel..com & Http://www.unipayment..com
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aktopgun(m): 1:48pm On Nov 04, 2007
thanks man but no thanks. not my cup of tea

Any one feel like responding to my post on Cutix

would really welcome your insights fellas
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by MyPeace(f): 9:31am On Nov 05, 2007
Roughcut,

pls do u know exactly when Bank PHB is coming to the market??

thx
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 3:28pm On Nov 05, 2007
MyPeace:

Roughcut,

please do u know exactly when Bank PHB is coming to the market??

thx
Not sure but i reckon in the next couple of weeks. Also there's talk of Zenith Rights/public offer coming to the market(the shares are on TS) in a couple of weeks(according to Frankriri who works for the bank now) if this is the case and you already hold Zenith bank shares you may have to look again at your strategy for choosing the stock you want to invest in. If you hold Zenith bank shares the conventional wisdom is to take up your rights issue and sell your original holding when the TS is lifted at a profit before the share certs  are released for the împending offer thereby using your profit to fund the acqusition of the rights issue and you still have Zenith bank shares which i think is a smart move.

The permutation i have described above will not apply to you if you don't hold Zenith shares or you don't have enough resources to buy into bank PHB as well as Zenith and it's not helped by the fact that  Costain(one of the hotshots on the NSE right now) will be coming to the market around this timeframe and WEMA will soon be showing their hands

So i suppose you have a lot to ruminate on
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by MyPeace(f): 3:42pm On Nov 05, 2007
thank you. l want to share the money l have between fcmb and bank phb for now. l dont hv zenith shares and wont be buying the po.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 3:45pm On Nov 05, 2007
MyPeace:

thank you. l want to share the money l have between fcmb and bank phb for now. l don't hv zenith shares and wont be buying the po.
If you dont have Zenith bank shares already you probably dont need to bother dont think there's a lot of room for a tangible upward movement(except you have the shares already and therefore can take advantage of the post-suspension bull run)
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 4:07pm On Nov 05, 2007
Please read about Costain and the business model they are adopting to diversify their revenue base   http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_news.php?id=3135
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by steeviee(m): 4:20pm On Nov 05, 2007
@ all

hello all its been a long time.

Could anyone help. i'm looking at puting some funds in stocks for long term say N1,500,000, but with
all these IPOs here and there i'm kind of confused.

i'll highly appreciate it if anyone can help me out here. selection with good fundamental analysis will be highly
considered.

PLS HELP A BROTHER

many thanks to you all
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 4:27pm On Nov 05, 2007
steeviee:

@ all

hello all its been a long time.

Could anyone help. i'm looking at puting some funds in stocks for long term say N1,500,000, but with
all these IPOs here and there i'm kind of confused.

i'll highly appreciate it if anyone can help me out here. selection with good fundamental analysis will be highly
considered.

PLS HELP A BROTHER

many thanks to you all
I'm sure by the time you read the last 5 pages of this thread or the sister thread  Stockmarket Tips for Nigerians you have at least 5 stocks on shortlist and you can whittle that down further depending on how much you want to invest the level of your exposure to individual stocks you are comfortable with
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by kabirat(f): 5:36pm On Nov 05, 2007
@ roughcut,

Please i am still anovice in this stock market of a thing. I have some money to invest in some stock but i m a bit confused about it.

I would like you to help me with the kind of shares i can invest into either primary or secondary market.

Secondly, if i want to invest in blue chip companies, which can i invest on?

Thirdly, i would like to know the best time to buy stock from the secondary market.

I await ur urgent response cause i dont want to spend the money i have with me on something that is not worthwhile.

Lest i forget, what do you think about Japaul Oil stock? Is it going to be worth the while if one invest into it?

Thank you for ur anticipated response.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by steeviee(m): 6:07pm On Nov 05, 2007
@ Roughcut

i would like to send u a mail. hw do i get your email add.

many thanks
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 6:12pm On Nov 05, 2007
kabirat:

@ roughcut,

Please i am still anovice in this stock market of a thing. I have some money to invest in some stock but i m a bit confused about it.

I would like you to help me with the kind of shares i can invest into either primary or secondary market.

Thirdly, i would like to know the best time to buy stock from the secondary market.

I await your urgent response cause i don't want to spend the money i have with me on something that is not worthwhile.

Lest i forget, what do you think about Japaul Oil stock? Is it going to be worth the while if one invest into it?

Thank you for your anticipated response.

I'm not sure there's anything like the best time to invest in the stock market. During the bear period(when share prices tend to be generally depressed) some think it's a terrible period to buy stocks but then others see it as a period to pick up bargains especially the fundamentally sound stocks
Buying on the secondary or primary market depends on your investment objectives in terms of timeframe either short-term or mid to long-term. normally if you are investing for the short-term (6-12 months) you wont necessarily buy on the primary market because it takes about 6 months to get your share certificate and you cant do anything with the stock if you dont have the certificate. Although with the new regulations the timeframe i think will be cut down to roughly 2 months.

If you are buying on the secondary market for a stock that is being offered on the primary market through IPO/PO it's usually better to wait till when the technical suspension(î.e when the stock  price freeze has been lifted usually after the close of the public offer) then wait a few  weeks and hopefully the share price climbs steadily and before those who bought into the public offer get their certificates  you can sell for a profit which is why some people dont like the idea of buying on the primary market because nothing can happen until you receive your certificate by which time the price rise may have stalled as a lot of people with their certificates will now like to sell for a profit(because there are many people trying to sell!)

On the other hand a lot of people buy on the primary market because the stocks are offered at a 'discount'(i.e offer price less than secondary market  price)
On Japual oil you may want to take advantage of the discount being offered and it's profitable according to the prospectus but i dont think you will realise  any appreciable returns in less than a year's time but then if you are new to investing in the stock market your time horizon should not be less than 12 months

If you read through the last 5 pages of this thread a lot has been said about very profitable stocks you can buy into so you should be able to come with a list and i can help you do some sort of screening to select 'candidate' stocks depend on how much you have to spend.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 6:14pm On Nov 05, 2007
steeviee:

@ Roughcut

i would like to send u a mail. hw do i get your email add.

many thanks

I'm sure you can share your views on the forum and in addition to my contributions a lot of other peeps can chip in which i think is more beneficial as far as you are concerned so fire on!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 6:30pm On Nov 05, 2007
kabirat:

@ roughcut,

I await your urgent response cause i don't want to spend the money i have with me on something that is not worthwhile.

Thank you for your anticipated response.

And dont forget to engage the services of a stocbroker who knows what he/she is doing!

Go through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-79353.96.html
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by atilla(m): 6:42pm On Nov 05, 2007
@ steevie

For the long term i would say that you diversify and use both Secondary and Primary markets.

On the floor (Secondary market  ---------- through a broker)
Buy NB/First bank, Intercontinental bank,  Crusader /Cornerstone Insurance PLC

Public offers (primary market)
FCMB

try and buy 10,000 units of each since you have enough funds.

If your looking for a broker send me an email.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Gidij(m): 10:25pm On Nov 05, 2007
Hi Guys,
Can somebody in the house give details about oceanic bank's wellbeing? I am surprised anytime the topic is raised nobody seems interested. I just hope I am not marooned in that bank. Help guys, I have a lot of eggs there.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by frankiriri(m): 8:42am On Nov 06, 2007
Gidij:

Hi Guys,
Can somebody in the house give details about oceanic bank's wellbeing? I am surprised anytime the topic is raised nobody seems interested. I just hope I am not marooned in that bank. Help guys, I have a lot of eggs there.
Oceanic is still sound. I think the market is just reacting to their decision to absorb N175b. In the short term this may depress earnings . But I still believe that bank's management is focused enough to deliver superior returns on the amounts raised.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 8:47am On Nov 06, 2007
frankiriri:

Oceanic is still sound. I think the market is just reacting to their decision to absorb N175b. In the short term this may depress earnings . But I still believe that bank's management is focused enough to deliver superior returns on the amounts raised.
I'm with you on that one bro so no shaking i dey kampe!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 8:51am On Nov 06, 2007
frankiriri:

Since you are now an insider in Zenith and a long-standing N'lander(congrats by the way) can i ask if you know in what  the proportion to existing shareholding the rights issue will be offered
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 2:58pm On Nov 06, 2007
WEMA bank closed at N11.69 today another 4.94%  gain and if the stock keeps appreciating at the max rate allowable of 5% in the next three days it would break the N13 mark precisely the share price would hit N13.53easimoni i hope you are reading this!  so i guess if you don't already own the stock i think it would be a bit late to join the party!

WEMA is literally  back to life so i'm just sharpening my claws  patiently waiting for the stock to go on TS before i  open fire!

To imagine that just last week WEMA was all but consigned to history  what a remarkable turn-around (officially the come-back kid)
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 3:29pm On Nov 06, 2007
@ Roughtcut,
I'm reading and smiling. grin
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Temmie10(m): 3:39pm On Nov 06, 2007
@easi
noticed your signature has changed lol.
My sources at NSE tell me that demand for Wema is currently so hot it literally opens at a 5% premium in the morning. (at least for the last few days).
The interesting thing is folks that bought Wema early enuf may just have bought wema at a forward pe of btw 2-6. Beat that!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 3:41pm On Nov 06, 2007
easimoni:

@ Roughtcut,
I'm reading and smiling. grin

I have been reading your stuff since i registered on this forum back in May and it appears to me everything you have touched has the ring of a midas to it. How did you do that? i beg make you transfer some of the anointing now i no dey too far from you ke
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 4:15pm On Nov 06, 2007
RoughCut:

I have been reading your stuff since i registered on this forum back in May and it appears to me everything you have touched has the ring of a midas to it. How did you do that? i beg make you transfer some of the anointing now i no dey too far from you ke

I'm blushing. cheesy. Seriously, I hit gold with Wema, the rest of my portfolio is not shining. All I try to do is hit the stocks with the lowest forward PEs and wait for the market to recognize their cheapness and adjust. Has not failed to work so far. Now I'll hit Crusader with everything I've got. Am I a risk taker? BIG TIME! But you are only young once. When the kids come, I can't do this anymore.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by toyibanj(m): 4:27pm On Nov 06, 2007
Easimoni,
When do we cash in Wema, before TS axe falls on it?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 4:30pm On Nov 06, 2007
easimoni:

I'm blushing. cheesy. Seriously, I hit gold with Wema, the rest of my portfolio is not shining. All I try to do is hit the stocks with the lowest forward PEs and wait for the market to recognize their cheapness and adjust. Has not failed to work so far. Now I'll hit Crusader with everything I've got. Am I a risk taker? BIG TIME! But you are only young once. When the kids come, I can't do this anymore.
I like your style man. Looks like i'm switching tactics as well. Having children does not stop you playing the market i have a 4-year old and i'm having a whale of a time i guess i'm investing for his future but then i have to be a little bit more measured in my approach.

I think you have hit DIAMOND not gold if my rough estimate of  your WEMA is anywhere near what i think it is
Well done!
I'm actually thinking of 100k units of WEMA when the PO comes but i guess it depends on the price so i'm waiting for the magical N13 before i shell out my holding
We are talking  about a ~ N20 stock here
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by easimoni(m): 4:43pm On Nov 06, 2007
toyibanj:

Easimoni,
When do we cash in Wema, before TS axe falls on it?

I'm composing my "SELL" instructions to my account officer as we speak. I plan on selling half of my holdings tomorrow and the other half next week. If TS falls on it after tomorrow, so be it. But 5% a day is too tempting to give up completely.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by pumping777(m): 4:50pm On Nov 06, 2007
RoughCut:

WEMA bank closed at N11.69 today another 4.94% gain and if the stock keeps appreciating at the max rate allowable of 5% in the next three days it would break the N13 mark precisely the share price would hit N13.53easimoni i hope you are reading this! so i guess if you don't already own the stock i think it would be a bit late to join the party!

WEMA is literally back to life so i'm just sharpening my claws patiently waiting for the stock to go on TS before i open fire!

To imagine that just last week WEMA was all but consigned to history what a remarkable turn-around (officially the come-back kid)

Another gamble stock that met it's bill. Time to track the next one,
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 4:59pm On Nov 06, 2007
pumping777:

Another gamble stock that met it's bill. Time to track the next one,
Yep i'm on the prowl for the next one! i missed out BIG-TIME on Zenith bought N16 and did not sell when it went to N68
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by RoughCut(m): 6:16pm On Nov 06, 2007
Here we go again with this insurance capitalization/recapitalization palaver

http://www.proshareng.com/myproshare/portal_news.php?id=3149
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by rasputinn(m): 6:23pm On Nov 06, 2007
@ Rough cut,
[, On Japual oil you may want to take advantage of the discount being offered and it's profitable according to the prospectus but i don't think you will realise any appreciable returns in less than a year's time but then if you are new to investing in the stock market your time horizon should not be less than 12 months ]
I beg to disagree with you that those that bought Japaul p.o will have to wait for up to 12 months before they can realise any appreciable returns.Are you saying it will take 12 months before the share certificates are released? I believe the certificates will be sent in less than 6 months,and when the TS is lifted,anybody that sells by then @ N6.02k even before the expected bull run will still clean out over 34% profit.

On the other hand,thanx for all your insightful contributions on this thread

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (46) (Reply)

"Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money / Crowdfunding Investment Platforms And Options (non Agritech Categories) / CBN Warns Nigerians Against “MMM”, Calls It Wonder Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.