Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,264 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 (79402 Views)

How To Be Rich In Nigeria / Nigerian Stocks That Make You Happy All The Time / Best Nigerian Stocks To Buy For Your Retirement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by frankiriri(m): 9:44pm On May 10, 2007
@aylala
Its good to have a broker in the house. Please keep us posted on the latest gists wink
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by psytarry: 11:23pm On May 10, 2007
hi!!!
let mi ci if i can help!!!
Mutual benefit Assurance wil hit N5
crusader wil hit N9
Oceanic wil N35
UBA wil hit N50
Diamond wil hit N15
all tins being equal Zenith wil hit N60 b4 bonus wil b announced
wema a N10 stock
Fedility a N10 stock etc
dey r al based on analysis u can try any of dem i bet u,u wot regret it,
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by segedoo(m): 5:47am On May 11, 2007
@aylala
Great job!!
how do you do your analysis? and also, where can one get any quoted nigerian company's financial statements?

i love dealing wt the figures and i think they tell the whole story about any company's stock esp the cashflow statement.

1 Like

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Umy: 11:41am On May 11, 2007
Please do u know anything about DEAP Capital Management & Trust PLC shares, pls if you do tell me a little about you feel about their just concluded share sales

Thanks
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Najm(m): 11:57am On May 11, 2007
Aylala2002,
Thanks for all these tips.Please do u knw why its taking so long for Intercontinental bank to give share certs.Its taking too long and the value is not stable, cant wait to start tradin 'em.
Thanks.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by sartorius(m): 1:53pm On May 11, 2007
dangote shares prices are droping, wanted to sell when it was at about 54, i regret not doing it, what should i do,
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by omooba72(m): 4:39pm On May 11, 2007
@Aylala , good work !! hmmmmm keep it up very  very informative , i've mailed you waiting for your  response . cheers  grin  grin   grin
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by omotofine(f): 12:51am On May 12, 2007
ayo thanx for ur analysis, i was just wondering about costain, its appreaciated greatly sincebeginning of this year, but i noticed the value has also dropped slightly these past few days, do u think its advisable to buy? Also i was wondering about juli plc,someone said one of the banks has bought a large chunk of the company so their shares should appreaciate, plese what do u think?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by spicie: 12:57am On May 12, 2007
@aylala2002,
                     I bought some shares throught monument securities and finance for quit a long time,Now i want to sell them all what is your opinion? they are[b] Unity bank,Intercontinental bank plc,UBA bank plc,Niger cement,union bank[/b]. tnx
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by nathdcute(m): 6:52am On May 12, 2007
Hello bro,

Regarding the prices above, are they theamount with which the above listed companies and banks sells their shares? If yes,can you please enlighten me more on how togo about it, buying their shares, even with little amount. Am a newbiein the system and need someone who isalready into it that will serve as my mentor. Can you be just that for me please?

Kindly send me a reply to this post directly to my email address; nathool2006@yahoo.com and if you cant,you can drop it here for me.

Hoping to receiving more detailed information from you asap, thanks for being there!
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by krisskross: 9:09am On May 12, 2007
AYLALA am overwelmed by ur contribution so far and all i can say isthat may the good lord Bless you aboundantly for this little contributions. Then pls tell me what do you think about IPWA,LIVESTOCKFEED,AFROIL,CHELLARAMS,NB,TREELEG,ACEN and other less prise stocks of this nature
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by mikhail: 10:14am On May 12, 2007
hi guy
good work ayala u've been a very good source for most of us out there i will like to invest into stock but i need a stockbroker and companies wit penny shares to start with
thanks
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aylala2002(m): 1:09pm On May 12, 2007
Intercontinental Bank, market hear-say has it, is planin a share reconstruction scheme (remember wat bank PHB did?), so they wanna release their result, i think, before doling out the PO certificates. Investors who bought the public offer at N13 per share have realised capital gains of N12 naira per share. So no fears of certificates, we expect an impressive full year result coupled wit bonus issue. Nairalanders in need of a stockbroker cld always rely on my coy for all issues relatin 2 stocks. I wont advice buying stocks which are not active and witout pedegree, Afroil, though makin a loss currently, but the losses are reducin by the day, so investors rushin for the oil stock believe the mgt will soon turn the coy around, Tripple Gee, gud stock, Accen, wait for their results, some insurance coys are cautious buy. Livestock feeds, gud future prospects.

My CAVEAT still stands!!! My opinoins are highly subjective,
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aylala2002(m): 1:18pm On May 12, 2007
Hey Spicy!! Do not sell UBA, I repeat, do not sell ur UBA, u'll soon realise. The brother wit Dangote, do not sell!!
HOLD Unity, due to the merger wit ECO bank, not to sure abt niger cement, but cement stocks are gud buys
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by xtianfemi: 5:08pm On May 12, 2007
Ayala2002 please am baffled.May and Baker is still keeping my Certificate.I bought 20,00 shares during their IPO last year.And I have been expecting my Certificate ever since,what do I do plaese.Their Registrar in Afribank,I think?.I also want to know more about ACEN and Guinea Insurance prospects in May and beyond?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Nimshi: 9:05pm On May 12, 2007
xtianfemi: you need to check first how many shares were allocated to you by M&B; considering that you applied for 20,000 shares, you ought to talk to your stockbroker for (1) how many shares you were allocated, and (2) a cheque in your favour in case all the shares you applied for were not granted, which, I'll guess, is the most likely thing that happened.

Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by cgift(m): 2:06pm On May 14, 2007
Dangot is coming out. When?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by noble2007(m): 5:10pm On May 14, 2007
@cgift,

dangote/obajana cement is no longer comin out august as earlier said,instead they wil be comin out dec.the coy was commissioned by obj some days ago
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Ribaman(m): 12:41am On May 15, 2007
aylala2002:

Hey Spicy!! Do not sell UBA, I repeat, do not sell your UBA, u'll soon realise. The brother wit Dangote, do not sell!!
HOLD Unity, due to the merger wit ECO bank, not to sure about niger cement, but cement stocks are good buys
@Aylala 2002 and other gurus
Pls what is your take on Ashaka Cement? I have had it since early last year, do you think they would be doing anything significant in their FYE 2006? Pls advise, be assured of my warm gratitude.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by cgift(m): 9:05pm On May 15, 2007
noble2007:

@cgift,

dangote/obajana cement is no longer comin out august as earlier said,instead they wil be comin out dec.the coy was commissioned by obj some days ago

thanks.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Mystique(f): 10:20am On May 16, 2007
Wat about Zenith Bank shares and Dangote shares, ?
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by ebhohon: 12:02pm On May 16, 2007
How is Union bank stock doing? How can i register with CSCS to have an account.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Ribaman(m): 2:42pm On May 16, 2007
@aylala.
Bros where are you? Abi you have chosen to run away from us. Abeg come back now sad
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Ribaman(m): 2:47pm On May 16, 2007
@aylala.
Bros where are you? Abi you have chosen to run away from us. Abeg come back now sad
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aylala2002(m): 8:04pm On May 16, 2007
Helo nairalanders!!! Neva will i desert ma people, a lot of the people in the house have been bombardin my box with mails and lots of quetsions on the stock market coupled with my primary assignment @ the office. I will bump in once in a while to tackle issues in the thred to the best of ma aility. One luv. Yeah, Costain (WA), i think a core investor came in shortly which could mean dat a management restructuring is imminent, this will take the construction giant to profitability on the LONG-RUN. The coy actually came to profitabilty in its 9 months result for Dec. 2006. Having inconsistently made a losses spannin over 6 yrs (since 2001), the coy bounced back by hittin a Q3 profit after tax of N137.80 million compared wit a loss of N591.92 million in the comparable period of 2005. We are currently expecting its full yr result for 31st Mar. 2007. This shld bring a renewd confidence to the stock subsequently. So sister, Costain WA is still a speculative GUD BUY at the current market price. It actually gained 19k today to close @ N19.24 per share. Concernin missin certificates , visit the coy's registrars. Zenith is on the high side now, the market hear-say of a probable 1 for 1 bonus issue and div. are the major drivers of the stock in recent times. Zenith is a HOLD now.
Nahco was marked down today for the bonus issue and adjusted for dividend to N26.10 per share

U wanna make short term money (6 months horizon)? Go for these stocks; Sterling Bank, Oceanic, UBA, Platinum, Firstinland (speculative), MBenefit, Cornerstone, RTBriscoe, i can go on and on,
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by frankiriri(m): 10:33pm On May 16, 2007
aylala2002:

U want to make short term money (6 months horizon)? Go for these stocks; Sterling Bank, Oceanic, UBA, Platinum, Firstinland (speculative), MBenefit, Cornerstone, RTBriscoe, i can go on and on,
What do you mean by 'First Inland speculative'. Cant you find any good reason in their fundamentals for them to be increasing. As far as I am concerned anybody buying a stock in the expectation of profiting in the short term is speculating. So when you list some stocks as being short term picks and then isolate one as speculative, it triggers off a warning signal. So please tell what you know
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by Omoba3(m): 11:02pm On May 16, 2007
@ Frank and all others - What's your take on Wema bank in the short to medium term? Quick responses highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by dollyp1cute(f): 12:17am On May 17, 2007
ebhohon:

How is Union bank stock doing? How can i register with CSCS to have an account.

EBOHON you can monitor union bank price on http://www.nigerianstockexchange.com/index.jsp
I got my CSCS number through my broker, so i suggest you get one.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by frankiriri(m): 12:26am On May 17, 2007
See my reply on the thread stock market tips
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-31554.928.html
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by aylala2002(m): 8:33am On May 17, 2007
@ Frankiriri, i've said my opinoins are highly subjective wit a CAVEAT. So 4 FirstInland, a newly consolidated bank wit little or no pedegree,, investing in it is speculative as we only have their 5 and 6 months result in history. Not all short term investments are speculative, an insider information for example cld trigger a short term investment, Also form the NSE data, Firstinland has no fundamental for comparism except we forecast their fundamentals (i mean the Earnings per share, div. per share etc). Tanx
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by frankiriri(m): 6:09pm On May 17, 2007
aylala2002:

@ Frankiriri, i've said my opinoins are highly subjective wit a CAVEAT. So 4 FirstInland, a newly consolidated bank wit little or no pedegree,, investing in it is speculative as we only have their 5 and 6 months result in history. Not all short term investments are speculative, an insider information for example cld trigger a short term investment, Also form the NSE data, Firstinland has no fundamental for comparism except we forecast their fundamentals (i mean the Earnings per share, div. per share etc). Tanx
I dont agree that they dont have fundamentals. At least three of their constituent banks were quoted on the exchange and they were making returns to the exchange also the returns from the others bank must have been filed by them to CAC. So for past records all one needs to do is combine these. As per their present results, I admit that they have not released any on schedule but so did UBA , Bank PHB and a host of other consolidated banks. FIrst Atlantic had a pedigree, Cant say the same for many of the others so I am only waiting to see how they are able to manage the consolidation.
Re: Stocks That Can Make You Rich In 2007 by frankiriri(m): 6:28pm On May 17, 2007
aylala2002:

Define speculation and define a long term investment. The main difference between the two is that the speculator intends to take advantage of short term fluctuations in the price of the stock while the investor considers only the long term prospects of the stock.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply)

MMM Runs To Kenya After Swindling Nigerians. Promises 40% Per Month / Crowdfunding Investment Platforms And Options (non Agritech Categories) / "Option C" Investors Storm Oko Oloyun’s Office To Demand Their Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.