Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,759 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

A Hiking Experience In Snake Island - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Hiking Experience In Snake Island (28179 Views)

Hiking Idere Hills - The New Tourist Attraction In Oyo State / Hiking The Seven Floors Of Erin Ijesha Waterfalls / Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Hiking Experience In Snake Island by DayoAyo701(f): 12:28pm On Jun 25, 2019
I see nothing but pictures
Re: A Hiking Experience In Snake Island by Benekruku(m): 12:28pm On Jun 25, 2019
Oriki Yemoja - Praising the Spirit of the Mother of the Fishes

Agbe ni igbe're ki Yemoja Ibikeji odo.
It is the bird that takes good fortune to the Spirit of the Mother of the Fishes, the Goddess of the Sea.

Aluko ni igbe're k'losa, ibikeji odo.
It is the bird Aluko that takes good fortune to the Spirit of the Lagoon, the Assistant to the Goddess of the Sea.

Ogbo odidere i igbe're k'oniwo.
It is the parrot who takes good fortune to the Chief of Iwo.

Omo at'Orun gbe 'gba aje ka'ri w'aiye.
It is children who bring good fortune from Heaven to Earth.

Olugbe-rere ko, Olugbe-rere ko, Olugbe-rere ko,
The Great One who gives good things, the Great One who gives good things, the Great One who gives good things.

Gbe rere ko ni olu-gbe-rere.
Give me Good Things from the Great One who gives Good Things

Ase!
So be it

1 Like

Re: A Hiking Experience In Snake Island by loomer: 12:29pm On Jun 25, 2019
Una get mind o. All of una for that boat
Re: A Hiking Experience In Snake Island by priyaljain: 12:29pm On Jun 25, 2019
Had a great time reading the post and loved to see those pictures.

https://www.meenunandwana.com/

1 Like

Re: A Hiking Experience In Snake Island by myresearch: 12:30pm On Jun 25, 2019
See fake snake
Re: A Hiking Experience In Snake Island by ehiwarior: 12:31pm On Jun 25, 2019
My belle oooo

subtlemee:
I'm disappointed...I was hoping to see pictures of different species of snake
Re: A Hiking Experience In Snake Island by Revolva(m): 12:31pm On Jun 25, 2019
jaymichael:
That's my Island (TOMARO) I live there. That Church is also my church (New Creature Evangelical Church). The village you disembarked from is itu-agan not Snake Island. Snake Island is Igbologun , though it is close by. I used to do that Tarkwabay hiking those days but I have been so busy with work these days to engage in my favorite pastime. I don't think I can trade the life here for the boisterous Lagos city. I am investing over 300k on solar power installation soon to take care of the light issue.

Abeg help me tell dem

This is a place I visit often cos I stay in Apapa vincinty hahaha

I have a friend who stay in sea school island and itu agan island and the main snake island aka igbologun wherr you have Niger dock ship yard
Re: A Hiking Experience In Snake Island by Kenneth10110(m): 12:31pm On Jun 25, 2019
I was expecting you were going to a place full of snakes that's why i relaxed hoping to see pics. You just put me and Lala minds up only to disappoint us with water and hiking. Well it was lovely
Re: A Hiking Experience In Snake Island by LisaAnne(f): 12:31pm On Jun 25, 2019
nonye6194:
Dear lalasticlala, it's a shame I walked through the valley and shadow of the Snake island without finding your most prized pet.

Not even a monitor lizard cry.

I had to make some reparation by writing your name on the beach and draw the most popular Nairaland celebrity on it grin. Hopefully, you would accept my sacrifice of contrition sir.

Thank you smiley
Lol funny
Re: A Hiking Experience In Snake Island by Damfostopper(m): 12:33pm On Jun 25, 2019
nonsensse...... I was expecting to see snake island in Brazil.......

there is only one snake island.... and it's in Brazil

Re: A Hiking Experience In Snake Island by deenee: 12:33pm On Jun 25, 2019
Lovely place but no development. In saner climes snake island and all its other adjoining islands would be a high end luxury vacation spot with prime real estate.

God has really blessed us but everything us just upside down.

5 Likes

Re: A Hiking Experience In Snake Island by rocoh(m): 12:34pm On Jun 25, 2019
Nice
Re: A Hiking Experience In Snake Island by jaymichael(m): 12:39pm On Jun 25, 2019
Revolva:

Abeg help me tell dem

This is a place I visit often cos I stay in Apapa vincinty hahaha

I have a friend who stay in sea school island and itu agan island and the main snake island aka igbologun wherr you have Niger dock ship yard
You sef na area.
Re: A Hiking Experience In Snake Island by Ebendo123(m): 12:40pm On Jun 25, 2019
Am in...
Re: A Hiking Experience In Snake Island by PrincessB1(f): 12:41pm On Jun 25, 2019
Oh! I was expecting to see an island of different snake colours and sizes sad

Nice one tho
Re: A Hiking Experience In Snake Island by EmpressEnnie(f): 12:49pm On Jun 25, 2019
nonye6194:
Dear lalasticlala, it's a shame I walked through the valley and shadow of the Snake island without finding your most prized pet.

Not even a monitor lizard cry.

I had to make some reparation by writing your name on the beach and draw the most popular Nairaland celebrity on it grin. Hopefully, you would accept my sacrifice of contrition sir.

Thank you smiley
You had to be this petty grin
Re: A Hiking Experience In Snake Island by kemade14: 12:51pm On Jun 25, 2019
Alright, nice.
Re: A Hiking Experience In Snake Island by Shaev7(m): 12:58pm On Jun 25, 2019
Nice. I have been to Takwa Bay beach before, but not through your journey route. I went to the beach direct via CMS. lol its a fun beach, but am quite hydrophobic, I mean I fear the sea, so since then I haven't been there. But it was a memorable experience. I will go there someday.

2 Likes

Re: A Hiking Experience In Snake Island by Jameskyrian(m): 1:01pm On Jun 25, 2019
nonye6194:

Thank you.

About your investment idea, that's a brilliant one. Actually I submitted a proposal for installation of 0.6MW wind turbine to power same Tomaro Island as part of my final dissertation to the BPMA. Off grid electricity is the best solution for such place. My choice of wind energy is due to the wind speed of the area, mostly influenced by the water surrounding the island.

I've been to the island many times after my hike and I still go there whenever I want some time off from Lagos and her stress.

You really are a good writer, you cook it like food to the savoring appetite of your readers.... I'd definitely pay a visit to that Takwa Bay beach �

4 Likes

Re: A Hiking Experience In Snake Island by internetpo(m): 1:05pm On Jun 25, 2019
nonye6194:

Thank you.

About your investment idea, that's a brilliant one. Actually I submitted a proposal for installation of 0.6MW wind turbine to power same Tomaro Island as part of my final dissertation to the BPMA. Off grid electricity is the best solution for such place. My choice of wind energy is due to the wind speed of the area, mostly influenced by the water surrounding the island.

I've been to the island many times after my hike and I still go there whenever I want some time off from Lagos and her stress.

Pls help me with ideas, estimates n directions on how to embark on this trip for 4. Will really appreciate. I stay on d mainland (surulere).

You can send me a PM

3 Likes

Re: A Hiking Experience In Snake Island by oshosjf(m): 1:06pm On Jun 25, 2019
nice
Re: A Hiking Experience In Snake Island by Isoduwa(m): 1:06pm On Jun 25, 2019
No bikini �?

1 Like

Re: A Hiking Experience In Snake Island by Georgekyrian(m): 1:09pm On Jun 25, 2019
Cute!! Will be there some day
Re: A Hiking Experience In Snake Island by vioment: 1:12pm On Jun 25, 2019
This place follow us be nigeria? e serene small.
Re: A Hiking Experience In Snake Island by Dharnchuks(m): 1:30pm On Jun 25, 2019
I'd love to join your next expedition if you don't mind. I'll cover my expenses. Pls do drop me a contact.

1 Like

Re: A Hiking Experience In Snake Island by Patented: 1:45pm On Jun 25, 2019
nonye6194:
I had been looking for an opportunity to visit the beach with no particular one in mind. Fortunately, I was contacted on my last post about a trip to the Lekki Conservation Center ( http://20somethingsteps.com.ng/2019/06/20/the-lekki-conservation-center-a-visit-to-nature/ ) to come for a hiking experience from Apapa, through the Snake Island to the Tarkwa Bay Beach. I agreed and made plans to attend.

So on the morning of the trip, I made it to the Apapa Sea School which was our Converging/take off point to the island. A few hours later, others arrived and soon afterwards, we ready to leave. After a headcount and other formalities, everyone strapped on their safety jackets, boarded the boat and we out set sailing to the Snake island.

I am interested in future hiking trips oo. Who organised it? can u provide a contact ?

5 Likes

Re: A Hiking Experience In Snake Island by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 25, 2019
nonye6194:

Lalasticlala
No need to call that niqqa, ur headline has vindicated u grin

1 Like

Re: A Hiking Experience In Snake Island by Fhemmmy: 3:09pm On Jun 25, 2019
Wow . . . .Thanks a million for this report and piece.
I see opportunities!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Visit To Laguna Beach In Lagos / Flood Sweeps Car Away In Asaba, Tricycle Rider, Passengers Escape (video) / Woman Escapes Death As Van Somersaults, Explodes (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.