Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Gender Definition And More - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Gender Definition And More (234 Views)

My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality / A Nairalander Definition And Analysis Of Re-union. / What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gender Definition And More by Princiology(m): 9:44am On Jun 21, 2019
What is Gender?

Gender is basically regarded as somebody's sex. Gender can also be define as the sociocultural phenomenon of the division of people into various categories such as “male” and “female” with each having associated clothing, role, stereotype, etc.

Gender is all around us like water surrounding creatures, in the sea, we are often unaware of its ever-present nature. Gender is actually taught to us from the moment we are born. Gender expectations and messages bombard us constantly. Upbringing, culture, peers, schools, community, media and religion are some of the many influences that shape our understanding of its core aspect of self.

See also: Gender as a factor that may influence the Performance of Small Scale Businesses

How you learn and interact with gender as a young child directly influences how you view the world today. Gendered interaction between parent and child began as soon as the sex of the baby is known. In short, many aspect of gender are socially constructed, particularly with regard to gender expression.

Gender affects human Performance. See: https://www.princiology.com/impact-of-gender-on-human-performance/

A prominent explanation for such gender differences is that compared to male entrepreneurs female entrepreneurs lack critical human and financial resources to start and run a business successfully (e.g., Lerner, Brush, & Hisrich, 1997).

See also: https://www.princiology.com/gender-differences-in-human-capital/

(1) (Reply)

Nysc Na Scam / In line with my promise to keep my constituency abreast of my daily activities. / An Invitation To Our Art Gallery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.