Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking (31748 Views)

Opay Bike Rider And Sales Job / What Professional Certificate Course Should A Graduate With B.A. Go For / Can I Join Nigeria Army(ssc) With B.agric? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 22, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

B.Sc is not a guarantee of responsibility. This advert only highlights our misplaced priorities as Nigerians and the never-ending waste of our human resources.

Why spend billions of naira running universities when the end-products will end up doing jobs that ssce holders can do just as well?
But a BSc graduate requirement increases the Chance of the company getting an employee that will be able to communicate and handle customer feed back. This company obviously has wealthy and likely educated clients ,so they have a certain image they want to portray .

Besides,would you rather an SSCE holder earns more than a BSc holder simply because of the job description? In the same company?.

By the way ,how much does Npower pay graduates?na money be koko. I would rather wash plates for a salary I can live comfortably on than wear suit inside AC and be struggling to pay my bills,living from pay check to pay check.
Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 22, 2019
Offpoint1:

Okay ma...

From your status I guess you're into IT
any one bros ,e nor matter ,na pay be the koko
Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by Bhol28: 9:14am On Jun 22, 2019
9jaRealist:
Is it by force...
Anyone who feels the job is beneath her don’t need to apply.
>
I wander o.
Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by Indomie001: 9:18am On Jun 22, 2019
kevoh:

You definitely don't need a job and are quite comfortable in your present state, else you will not be reluctant because of the location.
not like that sir. I don't know anybody to stay with in Lagos .
Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by deltateam: 9:25am On Jun 22, 2019
That's okay. The remuneration is because of the qualification. Maybe they need someone who can project,impact and manage the affairs of the company enroute...

I see nothing bad.
Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 22, 2019
Assuming everyone become graduates, does that mean brown collar professions will disappear?
Nigerians missed what education is all about, we place too much value in certificates, we prefer a mediocre with degree to an intelligent artisan.
A thinking person should know that degrees are useless without creativity, the reason nigeria is suffocating - every graduate thinks he is entitled to get a job - from who?
A typical Nigerian graduate thinks he is exempted from certain vocations, he begins to see himself better and more entitled to life - idiot.
Wake up - Everyone is getting education while the population keeps increasing, if you are still thinking Nigeria will one day become a mini paradise (for the educated) like it was in its early years; you are daydreaming.
If you can't get out of here, then make yourself useful to yourself. After all, not all graduates that travels abroad engages in white collar dance.
I know someone is saying life over there is better and blah blah... , fine, you are free to f*ck off.

I don't blame people for my failure neither do I thank people for my success; my life is my responsibility.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by hahn(m): 9:29am On Jun 22, 2019
kevoh:

You definitely don't need a job and are quite comfortable in your present state, else you will not be reluctant because of the location.

You don't expect him/her to leave his state to Lagos without guarantee of accommodation just to a seek a job he/she might end up not getting.

Many people have gotten stuck in Lagos because of such moves
Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by deltateam: 9:29am On Jun 22, 2019
starbuck:
Never knew motorbike has its own driver's license, thought Na only one driver's licence we get

Be enlightened. Driving licences come in different classes depending on the type of motor.

Remember we also have motorcycle which is bike and other heavy duty motors like 911, trailer, tipper, excavators, buses etc
Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by kevoh(m): 9:30am On Jun 22, 2019
Indomie001:
not like that sir. I don't know anybody to stay with in Lagos .
Apply first, if you are shortlisted for interview. Come down to Lagos and get a cheap hotel to spend the night or two, after the interview return to your current location. If you get the job, take a soft loan and rent a small apartment and then pay back. Another method but a bit risky announce on Facebook or Whatsapp group of your Old secondary school classmates association that you need someone to squat with in Lagos. At least, you are familiar with them. Don't just say no. Just do something. Stop saying I can't or I don't know anybody. It only shows you are comfortable in your current state.
Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by Psoul(m): 9:35am On Jun 22, 2019
Offpoint1:

LOL at BICYCLE...
Police: Hey stop! where's your Bicycle license.
Me: Hahahahaha Hahahahaha you don't mean it.

Yeahhh may sound funny.

Those days when we were still very small, Bicycles must have license and must be duly renewed as and when due if not the law enforcement agents will impound ur bicycle. I don't think u have bn born then grin

1 Like

Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by Indomie001: 9:36am On Jun 22, 2019
kevoh:

Apply first, if you are shortlisted for interview. Come down to Lagos and get a cheap hotel to spend the night or two, after the interview return to your current location. If you get the job, take a soft loan and rent a small apartment and then pay back. Another method but a bit risky announce on Facebook or Whatsapp group of your Old secondary school classmates association that you need someone to squat with in Lagos. At least, you are familiar with them. Don't just say no. Just do something. Stop saying I can't or I don't know anybody. It only shows you are comfortable in your current state.
God bless you richly sir, noted with thanks.
Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by johnad3(m): 9:38am On Jun 22, 2019
Some graduates prefers collecting 30k salary in the banking sector than collecting 200k on the field. they fail to change has the world is changing. They have forgetting that certificate is just ordinary paper without using it. Pride is what's killing majority of graduates as if say na only dem go first go to school you better wakeup from your slumber b4 u rich 40 and still deh your papa house

1 Like

Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by SirLakes: 9:38am On Jun 22, 2019
MrLankeeee:
In recent development, Apple, Google, Facebook and other big companies in America no longer employ employ with degrees, they are interested in your skills and talent.
Nigeria is a failed state.
You need 15years experience for a graphics designing job, how old am i?
They want ancestors for the job.... Maybe cheesy
Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by kevoh(m): 9:39am On Jun 22, 2019
hahn:

You don't expect him/her to leave his state to Lagos without guarantee of accommodation just to a seek a job he/she might end up not getting.

Many people have gotten stuck in Lagos because of such moves
Bro, which is better? Stay where he is because he is scared not he might not get the job which he has not even applied for, also remember he can look for cheap hotel to spend the night or two nights for the interview or leave his comfort zone and come down for the interview if eventually he is selected?
Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by SirLakes: 9:41am On Jun 22, 2019
justmi1:
This still balls down to our entitlement mentality, as if we don't have Bsc holders doing 30k jobs. Everybody want to have a degree and just sit in an air conditioned office and earn millions.
If I could ride a bike I would apply, hustle na hustle and moreover if they see more values in the person, he could end up as the MD of the company.
Msc dey do 30k sef, many bsc, msc are idle....

I tell you, if I fit ride too... I'll grab the job sharrrrrp

1 Like

Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 22, 2019
frenzyduchess:
But a BSc graduate requirement increases the Chance of the company getting an employee that will be able to communicate and handle customer feed back. This company obviously has wealthy and likely educated clients ,so they have a certain image they want to portray .

Besides,would you rather an SSCE holder earns more than a BSc holder simply because of the job description? In the same company?.

By the way ,how much does Npower pay graduates?na money be koko. I would rather wash plates for a salary I can live comfortably on than wear suit inside AC and be struggling to pay my bills,living from pay check to pay check.

You're missing the point because you believe so much in paper qualifications. How much you are paid (your worth) depends on how much value you bring to the table, not on your B.Sc. Now this type of job is being done by the equivalent of ssce holder in other countries, and giving it to a B.Sc only shows how degraded our universities have become, yet we spend so much money running them.

This issue is simply telling us to start building more of technical colleges where skills relevant to nation-building can be taught to our youth instead of opening more useless universities every year.

1 Like

Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by Philla80: 9:55am On Jun 22, 2019
Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by freg2000: 10:01am On Jun 22, 2019
I don't care about the salary or what have you, one thing is definitely clear, it will further affect the ratings of Nigeria education in foreign countries. Already in some western countries, you must begin again to get rooted into their system or get a good job if you have Nigeria degrees. With this kind of advert, Nigeria may be scaled down further so that all even Msc holders will be asked to proceed to adult learning centre for cleaning and brushing up. #Horrible #TooBad #HR
Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by chrismex(m): 10:01am On Jun 22, 2019
989900:
What's the hullabaloo about?
N150-N200K, how many graduates earn that in this country?

This job obviously goes beyond pick and drop, the employer obviously needs staff who can do beyond that! It will probably involve effective communication and intelligent decision making, analysis, tech savvy, etc.

The comments on here it's an indication that most folks (both the educators and the educated) still have their heads stuck far deep in the old ways of how the world works.

Businesses now run online, and smart delivery/sales guys are the fulcrum. Get in with the program!

BTW, how are they supposed to deliver on time in a place like Lagos if not on a motorcycle/bicycle.

Some graduate folks criticizing this offer earn less than a 100K a month with a wife/kids to feed doing some redundant job with no job security -- some far less than that! While these dispatch guys will go on to learn the trade and start something of their own in few years from now.

The point is not all about the money. If they employ graduates as dispatch drivers please wish job will the secondary school, Nd, people that didn't go to university do. All we are saying is Nigeria is messed up. In other countries this job is not for graduates they are for people that just have basic education to read and write. That doesn't mean if you are graduate that you can't apply, you can at your will. But to specify the job to graduate standard men this country is doomed . Very soon even house help will be required to bring bsc.
Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by Offpoint1: 10:04am On Jun 22, 2019
Psoul:

Yeahhh may sound funny.

Those days when we were still very small, Bicycles must have license and must be duly renewed as and when due if not the law enforcement agents will impound ur bicycle. I don't think u have bn born then grin
Maybe it was still a toddler or probably still chilling in heavengrin

Thank God I wasn't born then
Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by Peace2love: 10:04am On Jun 22, 2019
Looking at the salary got me worried as in , what is he going to dispatch to earn 150k to 200k in a month. Is it cocaine? Or something worst.

Reason why a graduate is needed!
Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by bong4(m): 10:10am On Jun 22, 2019
mostyg:
Why can't a B, SC or HND holder apply for such a job?

What's the usefulness of B.Sc degree with a Pass grade?

I don't know the reason for the outcry. The job is simply for a responsible fellow. Besides most Nigerians will go abroad and do demeaning jobs with dignity.
Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by chrismex(m): 10:16am On Jun 22, 2019
frenzyduchess:
It was never my intention to imply that,just looking at it from the point of the company, whether people like to admit it or not,good communication skill and customer feed back is important in this line of job. I am sure the company has big clients and are looking for employees that will match with the image of the company and can be easily trained to improve their brand.

If not that I dont know how to drive ,I for even apply sef.

My dear there are many people out there without Bsc and Hnd and they communicate well some are even well presented than some graduate, this job are supposed to be for them if they can't get this kind of jobs which one will they apply for. It's because of lack of jobs that is why most employers don't value or know what is been a graduate. Graduates went to school to help think of knew ideas and put that ideas together to solve problems not to be a dispatch driver.

Note.
Nothing is wrong if a graduate wants the job but for them to set that standard is to show the level of unemployment. In the next few years you hear bring masters degree for dispatch driver then, maybe you understand how the country has falling short of her glory

1 Like

Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 22, 2019
don4mack:
Yesterday a Nigerian Hr and job recruiter posted on her LinkedIn wall for an open vacancy for a bike dispatcher in Ikeja area of Lagos for her client who is into social payment, transportation, food & grocery delivery.

Her post has got few Nigerians talking and below is the basic requirements for one to get the job of bike dispatcher as she wrote with screenshots

Below are the requirements as she wrote:

REQUIREMENT

1. B.Sc/HND holder

2. Must be able to provide two guarantors

3. Must have motorcycle driving license 4. Must be conversant with Lagos road.

5. Must reside in Lagos

Salary: 150,000/200,000 monthly

Courtesy : https://www.explicitgist.com/2019/06/21/nigerians-react-job-vacancy-requesting-bike-rider-b-sc-linkedin/

I will kuku apply if I know
Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 22, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

You're missing the point because you believe so much in paper qualifications. How much you are paid (your worth) depends on how much value you bring to the table, not on your B.Sc. Now this type of job is being done by the equivalent of ssce holder in other countries, and giving it to a B.Sc only shows how degraded our universities have become, yet we spend so much money running them.

This issue is simply telling us to start building more of technical colleges where skills relevant to nation-building can be taught to our youth instead of opening more useless universities every year.
Ask bank tellers, marketers, field sales reps how much worth they bring to their various companies infact the higher you go ,the lesser you work and the higher you earn so its not about what you bring to the table.Crazy targets with commissions that won't even cover your monthly expenses incurred on the job.

I am only looking at it from the view of the impact this will have on the individual out there,in the end ,you don't pay their bills,they do . who cares if a company decides to take only graduates for plate washer and pay them the same renumeration as a bank manager? .

If a person feels the job is beneath them,then dont apply, you are only talking about just this aspect ,do yo know that outsourcing and under employment is a more bigger problem than this? .
Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by chrismex(m): 10:29am On Jun 22, 2019
safarigirl:
you understand

Those complaining and thinking a BSc holder is too big for this job are ridiculous. If BSc holders work as sales persons at malls, then how are they too big for this job? Is it because of the mode of transportation? If they needed a driver, would the reaction be different?

The clientele is obviously high-society, so, even the caliber of people they will be interacting with and delivering to are not just youe average Nigerians. Some BSc holders won't even be good enough for this job, because their general countenance and mannerisms will be inadequate.

You country made you see it as a normal thing. It is RIDICULOUS. We just don't have option that's why we take anything thrown at us.
I remembered one certain time a nairalander wrote how he got a contract job from international firm. The company said they would pay 30k for the job but in there country there employee get paid 5 times of what they want to pay him. Why is that so because they know unemployment rate is high so they want to take advantage of that . He declined the offer. Please don't allow things happening in this country make you change mindset that is normal.
Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 22, 2019
chrismex:

My dear there are many people out there without Bsc and Hnd and they communicate well some are even well presented than some graduate, this job are supposed to be for them if they can't get this kind of jobs which one will they apply for. It's because of lack of jobs that is why most employers don't value or know what is been a graduate. Graduates went to school to help think of knew ideas and put that ideas together to solve problems not to be a dispatch driver.

Note.
Nothing is wrong if a graduate wants the job but for them to set that standard is to show the level of unemployment. In the next few years you hear bring masters degree for dispatch driver then, maybe you understand how the country has falling short of her glory
Well some people wear suit and dont earn up to that amount. No one is setting a standard for anyone ,its a job advert, and of you feel its beneath You,then wait till when they advertise the one that is your standard and apply or apply for Npower . Its that simple.

1 Like

Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by chrismex(m): 10:33am On Jun 22, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

B.Sc is not a guarantee of responsibility. This advert only highlights our misplaced priorities as Nigerians and the never-ending waste of our human resources.

Why spend billions of naira running universities when the end-products will end up doing jobs that ssce holders can do just as well?

Thank you, 3 bottles of chilled beer for you
Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by safarigirl(f): 10:36am On Jun 22, 2019
chrismex:

You country made you see it as a normal thing. It is RIDICULOUS. We just don't have option that's why we take anything thrown at us.
I remembered one certain time a nairalander wrote how he got a contract job from international firm. The company said they would pay 30k for the job but in there country there employee get paid 5 times of what they want to pay him. Why is that so because they know unemployment rate is high so they want to take advantage of that . He declined the offer. Please don't allow things happening in this country make you change mindset that is normal.

What is yhe minimum wage in your country? How much does the average graduate get paid? Even a law graduate is collecting 40k as pay. Let us not pretend there aren't Nigerian graduates that go abroad and do what Nigerians consider menial jobs like cleaning, taxi driving, babysitting, and other such things, so, let us not make blanket statements.

I know a Nigerian graduate in USA who has over ten years working experience in Nigeria, but works as a concierge in the US. When you want to say graduate, what are you talking about? You think someone having a BSc automatically makes them worthy of a white-collar job? Is it not your BSc holders that cannot construct basic sentences? BSc pass BSc, so, when you want to mention your friend, please, add things like hos course of study and skillset, because International jobs are easier to get for graduates of sciences and IT than a graduate of Arts and Humanities

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 22, 2019
Nigerians still haven’t learned anything yet. They think being a graduate means automatic windfall .
Only smart ones will run fast and take this job cause it means you are valuable to the company. 75% Nigerian graduates are useless to whoever hires them.

This employer is playing with fire, cause many graduate would do a shabby job for him and ruin his business , paying him 150 does not mean he knows what he’s doing, most of them don’t know what it means to add value to any business.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by MrLankeeee(m): 10:52am On Jun 22, 2019
SirLakes:

They want ancestors for the job.... Maybe cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking by hahn(m): 10:59am On Jun 22, 2019
kevoh:

Bro, which is better? Stay where he is because he is scared not he might not get the job which he has not even applied for, also remember he can look for cheap hotel to spend the night or two nights for the interview or leave his comfort zone and come down for the interview if eventually he is selected?

I am all for leaving my comfort zone but not everyone is ready to do what they have to do to get what they want

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NIS Recruitment: Applicants To Undergo CBT / Immigration Recruitment 2013 Has Been Advertised / 10 Popular Job Aptitude Test Formats Used By Companies In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.