Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,739 members, 7,955,812 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:49 PM

Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? (33199 Views)

Moment A Very Huge Snake Was Trapped But No One Could Get Close To It (pics/vid) / What Does It Takes To Have Telecommunication Mast In A Community? / Rainstorm Pulls Down A Mast In Ogba, As Thunder Storm Cut Down A Tree In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Groovenaija360(m): 10:50am On Jun 22, 2019
Not a good idea at all

Forget about tapping light and the money they paid

You are receiving doses of Ionizing Radiation

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by kingreign(m): 10:50am On Jun 22, 2019
Ask the company to give you a copy of the ESIA report carried out so you can study it and make better informed judgement. But health wise, it's not advisable.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Opinedecandid(m): 10:51am On Jun 22, 2019
It's not
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by BluePrincee: 10:51am On Jun 22, 2019
I will accept with immediate alacrity.grin 5m for 5years amounts to 1m a year. In my area flats is about 200k a year. So you need to have 5flats to get that money. Do you know how much to build 5flats? My brother God don pick una call oo

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by umarshehu58(m): 10:52am On Jun 22, 2019
Grab the money and enjoy yourself with your family jare.

Health hazard? Pesin fit die at any moment

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Damalex4luv(m): 10:52am On Jun 22, 2019
holuwajobar:
Let me be straight forward, I got a call from home (I'm in school), i was told that network providers want to use a part of the compound for erection of their mast. The deal is, 15 years agreement but they are ready to pay 4m-5m for the first 5 years of agreement.

Yeah, the agreement is juicy, but my concern is that, health wise, is it advisable to have a mast near a house?

If the health risk is high, i will tell my dad about the complications before he consider the offer.

Thanks
none whatsoever tell them to connect your light to their generator. That should be a part of the deal
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Triniti(m): 10:52am On Jun 22, 2019
I don’t think so
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by bighorlus(m): 10:53am On Jun 22, 2019
i have one in my compound. But i signed a.10years lease

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Yankee101: 10:53am On Jun 22, 2019
Cancer
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by SultanOfAbia: 10:53am On Jun 22, 2019
DO NOT ALLOW THEM I REPEAT DO NOT!!!
THOSE TELE TOWERS EMITS ELECTROMAGNETIC FREQUENCY RADIATION THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN TO CAUSE CANCER.. YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD IS AT HIGH RISK IN THE LONG RUN YOU WILL SOON SEE HOW SICK PEOPLE WILL BE... EVEN SOVIET MILITARY USED EMF RADIATION AS COLD WAR ESPIONAGE WEAPON USED AGAINST THE US AMBASSADOR WHICH RESULTED IN HIS DEATH BY CANCER.. GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND DO YOUR REASEARCH YOU WILL SEE HOW DANGEROUS IT IS TO LIVE CLOSE TO THOSE TELECAST TOWERS

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by ahamonyeka(m): 10:53am On Jun 22, 2019
op na mouth you dey even though there is health hazard you will accept it .what you will say is that na God dey guard pesin. You wey don dey happy dey reason wetin you go use the small share wey ya papa go give you do.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by ken6488(m): 10:53am On Jun 22, 2019
angry wetin person dey pray for self

constant power supply/cash

do not miss this godden chance ooo
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 22, 2019
I don't think there's any health issues with that rather you should be consigned about collapsing. If they didn't mount it properly that's the danger you should be consign about.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by ken6488(m): 10:54am On Jun 22, 2019
ahamonyeka:
op na mouth you dey even though there is health hazard you will accept it what you will say is that he God dey guard pesin. You wey don dey happy dey reason wetin you go use the small share wey ya papa go give you do.
leave am na
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Mulatta(m): 10:54am On Jun 22, 2019
There's no health risk involved, yes they create radiation but its very below one to cause health issues. Your phone emits radiation, we receive radiation from the sun etc, I wish a telecom service will contact us to put mast in our compound

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Chrysz(m): 10:55am On Jun 22, 2019
itsme01:
smiley

According to WHO, there are no current scientific proofs of health hazards associated with telecommunication masts. however people have always rumored and complained about mast radiation causing cancer.. In developed countries almost all tower building both residential and office space have telecommunication mast on it and wealthy people are the ones living at the pent house tops.

Pros of such contract...
*You have access to Security light beaming into your compound and surroundings and that can scare away criminals
*The money is Good
*Security at the Mast location are usually 24/7 with CCTV and guards this means your house is free from burglers
*Extra Income from the lease of your property is not quite bad and you can always renegotiate from time to time
*You get to charge your phones and gadget there at anytime
*Owners of mast mostly have corporate social responsibility they perform for the host community

Cons...
*Sound from generator (always sound proof, but it still humes and vibrate)
*Your neighbors may resist the idea abit
Also availability of constant light if included in the contract and free gifts.
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by chinchonglee(m): 10:55am On Jun 22, 2019
Nigga dat pay is too small...

They paid 10m for five years in our compound.

Las las if worse come to worse accept d offer nd if any tenant tries to complain issue dat one wit quit notice. Afterall u stand to gain more with d mast owners dan d tenant. After five years u may decide to increase d lease nd they wont hesitate to accept d offer cos of d wahala involved in relocating it.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by uzoexcel(m): 10:56am On Jun 22, 2019
close range radiation 24/7? less than 10 metres? this can lead to cancer u know?

itsme01:
smiley

According to WHO, there are no current scientific proofs of health hazards associated with telecommunication masts. however people have always rumored and complained about mast radiation causing cancer.. In developed countries almost all tower building both residential and office space have telecommunication mast on it and wealthy people are the ones living at the pent house tops.

Pros of such contract...
*You have access to Security light beaming into your compound and surroundings and that can scare away criminals
*The money is Good
*Security at the Mast location are usually 24/7 with CCTV and guards this means your house is free from burglers
*Extra Income from the lease of your property is not quite bad and you can always renegotiate from time to time
*You get to charge your phones and gadget there at anytime
*Owners of mast mostly have corporate social responsibility they perform for the host community

Cons...
*Sound from generator (always sound proof, but it still humes and vibrate)
*Your neighbors may resist the idea abit
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by alabikazim52: 10:57am On Jun 22, 2019
Jagaban880:

wow see wetin i dey find ooo
i have been praying to God to get any of the masts erected in our compound too.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Duggedised12(f): 10:57am On Jun 22, 2019
Can one apply for a mast to be put in their compound?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by sammymama: 10:57am On Jun 22, 2019
I disagree cus it's risk
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by sammymama: 10:58am On Jun 22, 2019
K
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by REDshouse(m): 11:01am On Jun 22, 2019
Groovenaija360:
Not a good idea at all

Forget about tapping light and the money they paid

You are receiving doses of Ionizing Radiation
prove it not just mere commenting .....define the terms ionization radiation and the EIA it will have on d surrounding area
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by RexTramadol1: 11:01am On Jun 22, 2019
Duggedised12:
Can one apply for a mast to be put in their compound?

I don laff tire

Nothing we no go see for Naija ooooo

See another hustle....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by essenceplus: 11:02am On Jun 22, 2019
holuwajobar:
Let me be straight forward, I got a call from home (I'm in school), i was told that network providers want to use a part of the compound for erection of their mast. The deal is, 15 years agreement but they are ready to pay 4m-5m for the first 5 years of agreement.

Yeah, the agreement is juicy, but my concern is that, health wise, is it advisable to have a mast near a house?

If the health risk is high, i will tell my dad about the complications before he consider the offer.

Thanks

Read up online you'll run next time they come visit
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by ericmor: 11:02am On Jun 22, 2019
Ok see nothing in that is just the price I’m concern about cus if it is 5m for 5yrs then it means 1m per year which is kind of low to me. At list 1.5m per year is still cool cus that part of the land will be useless till the deal is over. Well it depends on your area sha

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by whixstan(m): 11:02am On Jun 22, 2019
Bro all I can say is that God has decided to blessed you and your house hold and if there was any negative side effects attached to it would not have been allowed in the first place
���� grin

Let no body deceive you some people here wish they where in your shoes

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by mustydeen(m): 11:02am On Jun 22, 2019
uruba23:
As long as the antenna are high there won't be a problem, but if low it may affect your sperm counts I can't verify the sperm count thing

Really grin
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by showafrica(m): 11:03am On Jun 22, 2019
holuwajobar:

Thanks

There is health Hazard associated with 2.4GHz at close range. However, if your house is a bungalow, no problems. To be safest divide the house and the mast with aluminum foil.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by kereman1: 11:03am On Jun 22, 2019
No,
But it's advisable to have it in your compound...
Imagine d millions will u be paid!!!
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 22, 2019
As far as there is 5G network, is okay.
Re: Is It Advisable To Have A Telecommunication "Mast" Close To A House? by SultanOfAbia: 11:04am On Jun 22, 2019
bighorlus:
Take the deal. i have one in my compound.

Do you know the amount of EMF radiation you are being exposed to We are talking about high frequency radiation not the lower microwave radiation.. Your cells react to EMF radiation which alters their DNA structure increasing death of cells and formation of cancer cells in the organs.. Why do you hear about high rate of cancer in U.S some states allowed telecom giants to put this telemast among city dwellers. But now after the people found out and sued the U.S govt such towers in remote areas far away from the city, why Because they know how harmful it will be in the long run.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pygmy Sperm Whale Butchered On Lekki Beach / Www.yahoomail.com | Yahoo-mail Sign Up Sign In Page / Girl Who Spent Her First Years In The Jungle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.