Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump (63932 Views)

Israel To Strike Gaza ‘From Air, Sea & Land’ / Iraq Court Orders Trump Arrest Over Drone Strike On Iran General / Trump: US 'Targeting' 52 Iranian Sites, To Strike If Iran Attacks US Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by MobilityExpress: 3:16pm On Jun 22, 2019
Emilokoiyawon:

grin grin grin Invisible wetin? There is nothing like invisible plane...stealth fighter planes are not invisible, just difficult to detect. Why are there so many dumb people on this page? How old are you? Did you even finish primary school yet? grin grin grin

You're the dumb one here. Invisible planes exists, not just stealth planes that deflect radar to avoid detection. I"m talking about jets with cloaking technology, which I doubt you have ever heard before. Repeat after me, Cloaking technology grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvzVMZN4frE

5 Likes

Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by compton11(m): 3:17pm On Jun 22, 2019
UncleJudax:
War is not the way you painting it. Same Iran was whooped by Iraq.
I bet you had no clue. grin
true,but Iraq didn't whooped Iran grin
Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by Emilokoiyawon: 3:17pm On Jun 22, 2019
agarawu23:
you people should stop embarrassing yourselves online. Stop typing rubbish and use your Google to educate yourself.

Iran isn't African (black) where we panic and run under our bed if small thing happen. They are ARABS who don't fear death or any kinds of threats that Comes from US, they have nuclear weapons and have ISIS Ediots that can put their life on the line just to kill.

They are not Arabs sir, they are Persians. And when you talk of cowardly blacks please limit the usage to you, your family and your tribe. Thank you.

7 Likes

Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by mach7(m): 3:17pm On Jun 22, 2019
Sir, you made the most sense and you are well versed in history. A pity that there are many uninformed peeps on Nairaland.
tactius:

Why the US easily wiped out Iraq(even though that's debetable...)

1.Gulf war 1...Iraq had just been through a wearying 8 year war with Iran.Both countries were in a bad state at the end of the war. Plus Iraq was BROKE...which is why they invaded Kuwait in the first place.(Money).

2.Gulf War 2..Iraq's army had had ten years of sanctions imposed on them in the wake of Gulf war 1. They were in no state to fight...plus their airforce had not been updated in decades at all. Airpower gone...half the war lost. US technology had improved too.

3.Who sold Iraq most of their weaponry (Guess...).

4.Saddam was one very incompetent ruler...and a bad millitary commander who had failed the entrance exams into the Baghdad Millitary Academy...yet he insisted on running the wars.

5.Russia...Gulf War1...was on the verge of collapse. Gulf War 2...was a shadow of itself. (Vladimir Valdimorovich has gotten them back on track though).

6.DESPITE THAT...the US has never succeded in imposing its will on Iraq...because of the massive outbreak of the insurgency. (And guess who has been supporting most of that insurgency...the Iranians..ofthen thimes via the AlSadr brigades..their proxies in Iraq)

7.US can take out Iran...but they cannot rule Iran. Iran probably has nuclear capability....and also has a track record in raising and training guriella fighters...which it can put to use against the Americans. Afghanistan would be looking like child's play...
Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by Larrykaysail(m): 3:17pm On Jun 22, 2019
Davash222:
Trump got nothing to lose if he decides to wipe out Iran and it’s not gonna take him up to 15 minutes to achieve that. He’s just a perfect gentleman which many pained Democrats would oppose.
Trump liver cut, so much damage will face the united state . forget CNN news

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by Angeleena(m): 3:17pm On Jun 22, 2019
agarawu23:
you people should stop embarrassing yourselves online. Stop typing rubbish and use your Google to educate yourself.

Iran isn't African (black) where we panic and run under our bed if small thing happen. They are ARABS who don't fear death or any kinds of threats that Comes from US, they have nuclear weapons and have ISIS Ediots that can put their life on the line just to kill.
Rather u should stop disgracing yourself online,the same way Saddam Husseini bragged to give America mother of all wars and he ended like a rat.
Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by Temple1288(m): 3:18pm On Jun 22, 2019
itsme01:
grin

Noise maker

Many Dumb Dunces hyping America haven't even boarded a plane before, same mumu like trump and his white racist trash. If you rely on US news media, and their film trick to blow their trumpets then you most be from a a remote part of abakaliki.

The Reality is that US can only fight a war in vietnam and afghanistan, and with that US soldiers were dieing like fowls till their president recalled their troops without defeating anybody.

Iraq was so embarassing for US that they had to arm local terrorist to fight with them, even when that didn't yeild result they hired Private military contractors and unmaned drones bombing civilians.

Rag tag Osama was living large for ten good years after 9/11 yet it took obama/seals propaganda to keep him quite.. without anyone seeing his corpse, their so called gazilion dollars stealth helicopter even crashed without attack.

Have you ever seen America in real life?
Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by MobilityExpress: 3:18pm On Jun 22, 2019
hazardneymar:
guy read more,,, Iran has been bombing US drones for long now,during obama it was twice

That was US drones in Iranian territory, not drones in international airspace. This bombing is different.
Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by Wagasigiungu(m): 3:18pm On Jun 22, 2019
Men the way guys on here just dey real out "facts" is surprising. One would want to think they are privileged to have a chit chat with the top military strategists of the nation they are defending. America had this and that, Iran has this and that!!! Abeg jor, some ppl don't know shit but they confidently yarn a whole lot of bullcrap!!!

12 Likes

Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by Ayemileto(m): 3:18pm On Jun 22, 2019
Aldebaran:
US had to think wise....

For Nuclear capable Iran to shoot down a spy plane/drone from over 60000km above grin

Baba stop lying to support the version of your story.

Space starts from about 328,000feet(around 100km) while normal passenger airlines fly at 35,000feet - 45,000feet and below.

60,000km is 196,850,394feet according to Google.

so are you trying to tell me the drone was shot down from deep inside Space?

I will assume you wanted to say 60,000feet, but I still doubt the figure.

6 Likes

Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by Newmanluckyman(m): 3:18pm On Jun 22, 2019
Tallesty1:
Wipe out Iran in 15 minutes? Like seriously? Dude, if US goes to war with Iran, both nations will bleed badly and US won't wipe Iran off in the end.
...maybe you are the one that's watching too much CNN news.

Under which basis will Iran stand a chance?
Iran is surrounded by US bases, Iran national budget isn't up to a 1/10 of US defense budget , Iran's economy can't support a long time war with say Iraq late alone US.

You have an opportunity to say the above thanks to Trump clemency. We could have seen how Iran would have responded after a heavy US military bombardment of identified targets. Further escalations by Iran could have been the end of Iran.

3 Likes

Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by slimthugchimee2(m): 3:19pm On Jun 22, 2019
MobilityExpress:

What's my business with sci-fi movies. I'm talking real life here.

Please tell me the name of one of those
Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 22, 2019
To those screaming Iran proxy to China! grin
Please don't forget US proxy to NATO! grin

3 Likes

Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by ogbonti: 3:19pm On Jun 22, 2019
Chukalemon:
They thought iran is afraid of them.i think trump really knows what his afraid of.the usa are not ready to dance to the beating of the rythm

Guy it's all politics of re-election, make Iran do this on November 5, 2020, then I go know say them get power!

1 Like

Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by compton11(m): 3:19pm On Jun 22, 2019
Shaprara:

North Korea isn’t tripping USA, the USA has been calling for diplomatic solutions in north Korea which was successful during the time of George Bush and the former prime minister of North Korea who happens to be the father of the current prime minister. The USA is just continuing the pact of dipolmacy. See what George Bush did in Iraq and the Middle East despite the nuclear war heads they posses, if it was George Bush in Trump situation and Iran is doing all of this I can bet you Iran will be burning right now and that applies to North Korea too, yiu can’t say trump or the USA is weak despite what he did to Syria in just a short time. Trump is taking the long short he’s letting the Iran people know he values there life and he’s not gonna take it because of a drone and that message is clear enough untop of the sanctions imposed by the USA and the protest and civic unrest the media is not reporting in Iran. A lot is astake for Iran because if trump strikes that would lead to more strikes and opposition would be stronger in Iran and the possibility of a long yearned regime change could happen, China gets 60% of his oil in Iran while japan gets about 20%, USA gets little and they don’t care if they get nothing. So Iran needs to be very careful because they will be facing a major distaster if they dare the USA again
Oga all these middle east u mentioned are asslicking US and if war happens now,that is where China and Russia will have opportunity to be world power by lending helping hands to iran,despite all US shout I wonder why they can't do shit when Kim jong said they will launch their nuclear weapon.
the thing is that if US think they have right to own nuclear weapons, then other countries have the same right.

9 Likes

Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by Ultimatezlant: 3:20pm On Jun 22, 2019
Angeleena:

Say what u know, the economy sanctions is shaking Iran's economy,they can't stand it!...and right now trump has added more..And for your information Iran, kept to the nuclear agreement but trump didn't, Iran is always open to discussion but Trump keeps increasing demands. Your dear Iran is a crying baby. Quite unfortunate they fell into Trump's trap.
lol, s

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by sulasa07(m): 3:20pm On Jun 22, 2019
Angeleena:

Saudi support which Iran? lol? U think this is Kaduna and Katstina? Stop watching NTA..
Why do u think Trump is avoiding Khasoggi's murder case because Saudi is involved?.
After the downing of the drone Trump had a meeting with the Saudi crown Prince.
Me watch NTA station that can blind person eyes?
Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by BlackPantherCri: 3:20pm On Jun 22, 2019
Ayoefa:

The man is a serial LIAR, he lies just for the sake of it. In fact he lies more than a typical 2 yr old.
Generally,
Two year olds don't lie. They tell it as it is.

Older kids and teenagers are the ones that lie

1 Like

Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 22, 2019
Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by MT: 3:21pm On Jun 22, 2019
Sterope:
US won't make money but the owners of weapons of mass destruction, lobbyist and US politicians will be way richer. grin

I hope you have funds set aside for shares.

I agree with you on this; arms dealer from all over the world will make money but US as a nation will suffer and their economy will tank. Not every nation can go away with shooting down whooping 110 million US dollars unmanned, reconnaissance military asset from the sky . Trump lacks of diplomacy has emboldened the US enemies. North Korea is learning from this episode, and America is appearing weak before Russian and China . No thanks to Trump.

5 Likes

Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by Sufisunni: 3:21pm On Jun 22, 2019
MobilityExpress:

Compared to then, the US military is 1 billion times more advanced. Do you know America now has completely invisible fighter planes? I'm not talking about invisible to radar due to bouncing off tech etc, I'm talking about invisible to the eyes. Do you know the US military has also developed invisible cloaking technology for their soldiers. Imagine fighting soldiers that are completely invisible to the naked eyes, imagine that level of technology. Do you know the US military has developed tracking guns, that is guns that can lock onto a target and no matter how you shoot the bullet will track down its target, like the guided missiles tech. You guys don't know how powerful the US military is. Obama made them weak and tried to dismantle them a bit, but Trump has made them and is making them 1000 times stronger again.
Stop watching too much Hollywood movies abeg. Ordinary Huawei is giving USA and Europeans a run for their money . Keep deceiving yourself with technology fiction in their movies. Would Hollywood ever tell you that the 5G is being led by China?

It's quite obvious USA has a better military might than Iran, but there's more to war than showcasing military hardwares

12 Likes

Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by ogbonti: 3:21pm On Jun 22, 2019
tescoman90:
To those screaming Iran proxy to China! grin
Please don't forget US proxy to NATO! grin

No mind them, Iran fit defeat only ISRAEL?

How much more when Saudi, Jordan, UAE, Egypt and Oman don dey warm up for them since

1 Like

Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by RexTramadol1: 3:23pm On Jun 22, 2019
Trump na bast...

Just dey use ds guys play

But dem sef no send.

1 Like

Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by gabicon: 3:23pm On Jun 22, 2019
The rumors of war with Iran was merely a publicity stunt, wat was Trump's approval rating before the war stories? What is his approval rating after?

Secondly the United States will never go to war with any country that is heavily nuclear active. If they could they would have toppled Kim of North Korea not to talk of Iran.

1 Like

Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by ogbonti: 3:23pm On Jun 22, 2019
Sufisunni:
Stop watching Hollywood movies abeg. Ordinary Huawei is given USA and Europeans a run for their Technology. Keep deceiving yourself with technology fiction in their movies. Would Hollywood ever tell you the 5G is being led by China?

It's quite obvious USA has a better military might than Iran, [b]but there's more to war than showcasing military hardware[/b]s

You are right, it's called the politics of re-election
Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by Aldebaran(m): 3:24pm On Jun 22, 2019
Ayemileto:

Baba stop lying to support the version of your story.

Space starts from about 328,000feet(around 100km) while normal passenger airlines fly at 35,000feet - 45,000feet and below.

60,000km is 196,850,394feet according to Google.

so are you trying to tell me the drone was shot down from deep inside Space?

I will assume you wanted to say 60,000feet, but I still doubt the figure.

Yes, feet....

Read more here

https://www.google.com/amp/s/time.com/5611222/rq-4-global-hawk-iran-shot-down/%3famp=true
Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by Sterope(f): 3:24pm On Jun 22, 2019
Yes, it will pave ways for several enemies and frenemies to rise up. This may be signalling the end of America as a superpower. It is bound to end at one point.

MT:

I agree with you on this; arms dealer from all over the world will make money but US as a nation will suffer and their economy will tank. Not every nation can go away with shooting down whooping 110 million US dollars unmanned, reconnaissance military asset from the sky . Trump lacks of diplomacy has emboldened the US enemies. North Korea is learning from this episode, and America is appearing weak before Russian and China . No thanks to Trump.

2 Likes

Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by Newmanluckyman(m): 3:25pm On Jun 22, 2019
Amujale:
In a war between U.S.A and Iran, the U.S.A will come up Trumps'cool, yet it would never be as easy as most pundicts assume.

If it was an easy proposition, then Trump would have gone for it i think. Given that he thought twice, then that tells us its a risky venture.
...please tell us a war that's an easy venture. You guys are talking bullshit simply because of Trump benevolence. Iran would have been reduced to smithereens and nothing would have happened.

You guys once said that it's impossible for Trump to attach Syria when Russia is deeply involved. But US attached Syria twice and nothing happened.I don't know if you guys understand the country (US) we are talking about here.
Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by Temple1288(m): 3:25pm On Jun 22, 2019
Angeleena:

Saudi support which Iran? lol? U think this is Kaduna and Katstina? Stop watching NTA..
Why do u think Trump is avoiding Khasoggi's murder case because Saudi is involved?.
After the downing of the drone Trump had a meeting with the Saudi crown Prince.

That guy doesn't even know that Saudi Arabia and UAE are looking for excuses to harm Iran.. Saudi Arabia trusts Trump so much seeing how he's hellbent on selling weapons to them despite Congress refusal.

When the war starts, Iran will depend on Russia and China, everyone knows how Russia play their game 'SELL WEAPONS and DISAPPEAR'
China?

Japan, UK, Saudi, Israel, UAE and to a large extent India will always be tools in the hands of the USA.. People are always quick to criticize Trump, but at this moment every reasonable person will tell you that the man did well this time around! They shot down a drone not Human Beings.. Bush the bloodsucker wouldn't waste time bombing those people!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump by compton11(m): 3:25pm On Jun 22, 2019
Horus:

The real reason why he called off the attacks is the financial cost of a new war that the US cannot afford
the motherfucker US are still owing China now sef and they are tripping

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Trump Golfs, Takes Photos With A Bride As Biden Wins / Pregnant Woman Shot Five Times By Police In Missouri USA / Colombia Plane Crash: Four Children Found Alive In Amazon After 40 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.