Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,279 members, 7,864,413 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:48 PM

Panasonic Introduces New Handheld Gaming System - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Panasonic Introduces New Handheld Gaming System (1031 Views)

My Review Of 'football Manager Handheld 2015' / Football Manager Handheld 2015 Is Out! / Football Manager Handheld 14 (Android) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Panasonic Introduces New Handheld Gaming System by Mobinga: 9:37pm On Oct 05, 2010
Nearly 15 years after the demise of the 3DO, Panasonic is breaking back into gaming hardware with a new handheld dubbed The Jungle, designed specifically for online gaming and MMOs.

Details are limited at the moment, but according to reports from Gizmodo, Crunch Gear, and others, The Jungle will feature a full QWERTY keyboard, dual d-pads, shoulder buttons, and a touchpad. The design resembles some of Nintendo's earlier handhelds, namely the Game Boy Advance, with a clamshell enclosure that allegedly sports a high-resolution display.

Specific technical elements of the device have not been announced, though it is believed that it will be based on Linux, feature HDMI output, and possibly even incorporate 3G networking.

Currently only one game has been confirmed for The Jungle; a new MMO called Battlestar Galactica Online. A web show named Online Underground has also been linked to the device, produced by Machinima.com.

A website for The Jungle has been established, though information is scarce aside from a short teaser video.

Read more: http://gear.ign.com/articles/112/1125473p1.html#ixzz11WEM4kN3
Re: Panasonic Introduces New Handheld Gaming System by Seun(m): 4:23pm On Oct 06, 2010
What are your thoughts?
Re: Panasonic Introduces New Handheld Gaming System by Mobinga: 5:51pm On Oct 06, 2010
Welcome.

Well I think Panasonic picked a very wrong time to enter the handheld-gaming industry. There's the Nintendo 3DS to be released next year, and the Playstation Portable (PSP) in circulation which would make it very difficult for Panasonic in terms of sales.
And looking at the features of the Panasonic handheld gaming system, it doesn't quite have anything new or spectacular.

Since its designed specifically for online gaming (which foreigners love), it'll be quite a competition. Though I don't think it can surpass the handhelds in circulation.

My thoughts though, I might be wrong.
Re: Panasonic Introduces New Handheld Gaming System by Dolemite(f): 10:12pm On Oct 06, 2010
This would be useless in the third world.

(1) (Reply)

Playstation 3 4 Haileys / Xbox 360 Fat Adaptor And Av For Sale / PS3 Superslim 500GB For Sale With 7 Free Games And 2 Pads @ 60k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.