Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

The Unpardonable Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Unpardonable Sin (1189 Views)

What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You / Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. / All Who Insult Pastors Are Committing An Unpardonable Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unpardonable Sin by ogoamaka99(m): 9:53pm On Oct 05, 2010
Few days ago i was with some Christians engaged in discussions when one of the men shouted on another to be careful what he is saying before he commits an unpardonable sin. That touched me and that is why i wish members of this forum to help by explaining in detail what constitutes an unpardonable sin.
Re: The Unpardonable Sin by Mobinga: 10:52pm On Oct 05, 2010
shocked shocked
Re: The Unpardonable Sin by vescucci(m): 9:10am On Oct 06, 2010
I think it is sinning against the Holy Spirit or something.
Re: The Unpardonable Sin by InesQor(m): 9:29am On Oct 06, 2010
If the OP were another person, I would have replied saying what I believe. But I have known ogoamaka99 to be a troublemaker, so let me chill on the thread a bit.
Re: The Unpardonable Sin by alexleo(m): 5:32pm On Oct 07, 2010
unpardonable sin is sin against the Holy Spirit.
Read Matthew 12: 31, 32.
Re: The Unpardonable Sin by ogoamaka99(m): 6:22pm On Oct 07, 2010
alexleo:

unpardonable sin is sin against the Holy Spirit.
Read Matthew 12: 31, 32.
@alexleo
You answered correctly as someone has told me BUT HOW CAN SOMEONE SIN AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT?.
Re: The Unpardonable Sin by Mudley313: 7:37pm On Oct 07, 2010
unpardonable sin would be falling for the christian belief structure. It is certainly an insult to intelligence

the christian god is supposed to be like an old girlfriend I had who wouldn't let me end our relationship on a happy note. He gets really bitter if you break up with him. "Really God, it's not you, it's me. . . "
Re: The Unpardonable Sin by vescucci(m): 10:38pm On Oct 07, 2010
I guess I didn't get the memo
Re: The Unpardonable Sin by zubeyr(m): 12:39am On Oct 08, 2010
There is one sin that a person will never be forgiven for a sin so great so huge in magnitude that there is no pardon just eternal punishment and doom in hellfire what is this unpardonable sin ? SHIRK which means to associate partners with Allah and a good example of this blasphemy is the trinity
Re: The Unpardonable Sin by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:27pm On Oct 08, 2010
That means my VISA to HELL is stamped for all eternity then is it not grin
Re: The Unpardonable Sin by alexleo(m): 3:16pm On Oct 08, 2010
Here are the sins against the Holy Spirit that cannot be forgiven-

When one has experienced the power of God to save from sin and later turns back to say that there is nothing like salvation or begin to practice atheism. But let me quickly add that an atheist who was born into a christian family and did not experience the power of God to save from sin in his life before becoming an atheist still has a chance to be saved. If you check you will discorver that atheists who were once truly born again christians are far worse than those who never experienced born again and they hardly think of repentance when once they ve reached that stage. Because their conscience has been sealed. But those who went into atheism without any record of ever being saved has the chance. I have seen a lot of them repent, we have a lot of them in my church too.
when one who was once born again turn around to say that the bible is a lie, that there is no God or does not believe in the trinity.
when a pastor or a christian says that the Holy spirit told him something when in the actual sense the Holy spirit did not tell him anything. For example, If a pastor comes out and announce to his members that the Holy spirit told him that all of you should make a 1000 naira offering when actually the Holy spirit did not say anything or those of them that has prayer houses who tells people that the Holy spirit said you should buy this and that when in the actual sense the Holy spirit did not say anything.
when someone speakes in tongue that is not of the Holy spirit and claims his speaking in tongues is of the Holy Spirit.
When someone uses the occultic power to do miracle and claims its from the Holy spirit.
When someone claims the Holy Spirit revealed something to him when in the actual sense the Holy spirit did not reveal anything.
Generally when you lie against the Holy spirit by claiming what he did not tell you or reveal to you.
When one makes a carricature of the Holy spirit or the bible because it is written that all that is written in the scriptures came from the Holy Spirit.
Finally, let me say that God has a way of doing his judgement and his mercies endureth forever. If any man comes to him in a repentant heart, I believe he will forgive but from what we see, People who has reach that level of sining against the Holy spirit usually die in sin because their heart is so much hardened that their is no room for repentance. It happens.
Re: The Unpardonable Sin by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:20pm On Oct 08, 2010
@Alexleo
As long as you do not allow your zeal becloud your message, you are not a bad poster after all smiley

The sure way you can commit unpardonable sin from your explanation is by rejecting the identity of the Holy Spirit to a point that you die in that state of rejection. (which makes sense, how can you repent when you are dead)
Re: The Unpardonable Sin by vescucci(m): 11:38pm On Oct 08, 2010
Besides, I'd say it is impossible to once be 'born again' and then choose against this. It is impossible. It is like living in Siberia for seven years and just out of the blue decide that Siberia does not, never had and never will exist.
Re: The Unpardonable Sin by Godmother(f): 7:17am On Oct 09, 2010
Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit
Re: The Unpardonable Sin by toluxa1(m): 6:47am On Oct 10, 2010
The sin which the Pharisees had been committing was that of maliciously and stubbornly ascribing to Satan those works which they well knew could only be performed by divine power.
Re: The Unpardonable Sin by bxcode(m): 8:13am On Oct 10, 2010
Blasphemy!!
Re: The Unpardonable Sin by vescucci(m): 9:14am On Oct 10, 2010
Tell me, how can someone purposely knowingly ascribe to the devil what one believes to be God's? I don't get it. Plus let's not forget the dudes are priests and they couldn't have thought things like the devil is as powerful as God.
Re: The Unpardonable Sin by omataeje(m): 2:32pm On Oct 11, 2010
MURDER, [i][/i]embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: The Unpardonable Sin by ogoamaka99(m): 11:05pm On Oct 14, 2010
@nuclearboy,
My good friend nuclear the BOY where are you?. I never hear from you.
Re: The Unpardonable Sin by Joagbaje(m): 9:16am On Oct 15, 2010
ogoamaka99:

@nuclearboy,
My good friend nuclear the BOY where are you?. I never hear from you.

Maybe he has committed the unpardonable sin
Re: The Unpardonable Sin by samuraix1: 11:40am On Oct 15, 2010
Make it a date with Dr Christopher Kolade @ Harvest Place

Date: November 7th 2010
Time: 10am
Venue: Harvest Place. 10 Emmanuel Street. (Very close to Elomaz Hotel, former Jesu Oyinbo Street) Maryland. Lagos
Theme: You, Your career and Nation Building
Enquiries: 08029563137, harvestadmiral@yahoo.com
Re: The Unpardonable Sin by seyibrown(f): 10:05pm On Oct 24, 2010
vescucci:

Tell me, how can someone purposely knowingly ascribe to the devil what one believes to be God's? I don't get it. Plus let's not forget the dudes are priests and they couldn't have thought things like the devil is as powerful as God.

[b]Yes, it is possible to knowingly ascribe God's work to the devil. The pharisees and Saducees wanted the people to remain enslaved to religion, following the law to the letter and not by the spirit. Have you not read how they only put on holiness for show? They were hypocrites. They knew by what power Jesus was performing those miracles but were not happy that he did not do things their own way. He ate with sinners and tax collectors; the Pharisees and Saducees wouldn't. They were burdened people with religious practices and prevented from having a proper relationship with God. They were standing in the door of heaven and preventing others from going in. They were envious that the power of God was being manifested in someone that did not do things their own way and tried to discredit what the work of God that was being done through him! Many people today knowingly discredit God's work because they hate, envy or disapprove of the people through whom the work is done or want to keep others enslaved![/b]

(1) (Reply)

Global Currency/chip / Cardinal Okojie Flown To India For Treatment / Is Rihanna Pushing A Satanic Illuminati Agenda?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.