Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. (2426 Views)

What Do You Think Is The Unpardonable Sin? The Answer May Shock You / 10 Things That Youths in Church Are Guilty Of / All Who Insult Pastors Are Committing An Unpardonable Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 6:02pm On Oct 10, 2013
According to the bible people who speak ill of the church and even ill of men of God are committing the unpardonable sin. Jesus said, any sin committed against the holy spirit can not be forgiven, remember the holy spirit has no physical body he indwells men and ues them.so anyone who criticizes men he indwells are actuallly criticising the holy spirit, even king David admonishes us to touch not the annoited and do his prophet no harm, he said this in relation to an annoited yet mean king who sought to kill him, if u are still in doubt then see Miriam who became leprose by criticising Moses over an obvious wrong. Some persons are anti Christs, those of u who follow them pls be careful. A word is enough for the wise. The only person who advocated that rather than offering be brought to the church why not such moneys be given to the poor ended up a Judas, a betrayer of jesus, u so called holier than thou folks who are advocating that churches should stop building and rather the moneys be given to poor people I want to remind you of the words of jesus. " the poor you will always have with you" ...." give to ceasar what is ceasar's and to God what is God's, besides if these churches don't help poor people how on earth do u think they got to where they are today. I know countless persons who are beneficiaries of bishop oyedepo's scholarship largesse. we don't broadcast our good deeds because jesus demands of us not to. The only thing people see are the results of the good deeds: private jets, multyi billion naita projects, fancy suits etc, if u do what these men of God did u will get their results shikena.

1 Like

Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by okolichibuzor(m): 6:23pm On Oct 10, 2013
na lie..... Tell de pastors the truth..... How cn someone be using bible to steal or fruld money from people .......
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by Ukutsgp(m): 7:04pm On Oct 10, 2013
I want 2 ask u one question. Are u sure that u are a pastor? Do u know what d bible says? Or u are a pharisee, Do you u think dat u will drive ur point home by calling me names?. Just asking.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by Candour(m): 9:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
pastor prosper :
According to the bible people who speak ill of the church and even ill of men of God are committing the unpardonable sin. Jesus said, any sin committed against the holy spirit can not be forgiven, remember the holy spirit has no physical body he indwells men and ues them.so anyone who criticizes men he indwells are actuallly criticising the holy spirit, even king David admonishes us to touch not the annoited and do his prophet no harm, he said this in relation to an annoited yet mean king who sought to kill him, if u are still in doubt then see Miriam who became leprose by criticising Moses over an obvious wrong. Some persons are anti Christs, those of u who follow them pls be careful. A word is enough for the wise. The only person who advocated that rather than offering be brought to the church why not such moneys be given to the poor ended up a Judas, a betrayer of jesus, u so called holier than thou folks who are advocating that churches should stop building and rather the moneys be given to poor people I want to remind you of the words of jesus. " the poor you will always have with you" ...." give to ceasar what is ceasar's and to God what is God's, besides if these churches don't help poor people how on earth do u think they got to where they are today. I know countless persons who are beneficiaries of bishop oyedepo's scholarship largesse. we don't broadcast our good deeds because jesus demands of us not to. The only thing people see are the results of the good deeds: private jets, multyi billion naita projects, fancy suits etc, if u do what these men of God did u will get their results shikena.

The bolded part of your post shows how shallow your understanding of scripture is. You call yourself a pastor threatening people with unpardonable sin, yet you are ignorant of the fact that we are under grace and all Christians saved by grace have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them.

1Cor 3:16
'Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?'

Was that verse referring to pastors alone or all Christians?

Pls take your threats else where and go start your bible study afresh. You know little or nothing about Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 8:29am On Oct 11, 2013
Candour:

The bolded part of your post shows how shallow your understanding of scripture is. You call yourself a pastor threatening people with unpardonable sin, yet you are ignorant of the fact that we are under grace and all Christians saved by grace have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them.

1Cor 3:16
'Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?'

Was that verse referring to pastors alone or all Christians?

Pls take your threats else where and go start your bible study afresh. You know little or nothing about Christianity.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 8:31am On Oct 11, 2013
Well its a pity. Hell fire awaits you.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 8:32am On Oct 11, 2013
Ukuts gp: I want 2 ask u one question. Are u sure that u are a pastor? Do u know what d bible says? Or u are a pharisee, Do you u think dat u will drive ur point home by calling me names?. Just asking.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 8:34am On Oct 11, 2013
See pharisee calling me pharisee. U who said tithing is wrong. I didn't expect anything better from u young man. I am advicing to pls repent hell awaits u. You are distorting the bible for elfish gains, u and pastor Kun
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 8:35am On Oct 11, 2013
okoli chibuzor: na lie..... Tell de pastors the truth..... How cn someone be using bible to steal or fruld money from people .......
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 8:37am On Oct 11, 2013
Okoli chibuzor, I advise u go and study d bible properly. Hell is real.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by Candour(m): 8:37am On Oct 11, 2013
pastor prosper :
Well its a pity. Hell fire awaits you.

Is that all you can come up with? You dont have any bible verse to quote? So all you can do is threaten people?

Are you the porter in hell that take people to their apartments there?

You are even more pathetic than i thought.

Christians on Nairaland are too knowledgeable and exposed to the word to be swayed by your threats.

Take them elsewhere
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 11, 2013
okoli chibuzor: na lie..... Tell de pastors the truth..... How cn someone be using bible to steal or fruld money from people .......
...did dey take ur money d obvious ans is no.....ppl dat re givin dem re in increasin n gettin better everyday while u dat give only 20n will be complainin everyday ..grow up dude
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 11, 2013
If u read wat he posted again n wel u will see dat it's not a threat but an advice ..
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by Candour(m): 8:48am On Oct 11, 2013
Elantracey: If u read wat he posted again n wel u will see dat it's not a threat but an advice ..

You're wrong dear. Read it again, It's a veiled threat coming from a person lacking basic knowledge of the scriptures.

I'm sure you know you have the Holy Spirit in you as well if you're truly a Christian? If you do, then you should know all he did up there was twist the bible to Lie against God.

You can him in his full 'glory' threatening hell because i 'dared' to expose his ignorance of the bible

Pls dont join him in his charade and full fledged ignorance.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 11, 2013
Candour:

You're wrong dear. Read it again, It's a veiled threat coming from a person lacking basic knowledge of the scriptures.

I'm sure you know you have the Holy Spirit in you as well if you're truly a Christian? If you do, then you should know all he did up there was twist the bible to Lie against God.

You can him in his full 'glory' threatening hell because i 'dared' to expose his ignorance of the bible

Candour:

Candour:

am not joinin anybody ah ve my bible n the holy spirit who teaches us all things if ah should get confused of anytin ...
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by Candour(m): 9:29am On Oct 11, 2013
Elantracey: [i][/i] am not joinin anybody ah ve my bible n the holy spirit who teaches us all things if ah should get confused of anytin ...

Congrats my sister on this knowledge.

I wish the OP could also try learn to read the bible properly before spewing nonsense on a public forum

cheers and God bless you
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by dankol: 10:56am On Oct 11, 2013
sorry to say.. op, u are part of those usin d scripture to bind people wit fear nt 2 challenge dier pastors when dey c anytin wrong. 1thes 5:21 "test all spirits". ur pastor has been sayin d truth all d time does nt mean d nxt tym, he wld say d truth. many xtians av bin cajoled dat dey honor man's word dan God's... look at d verse d op used.. touch not my anointed... tel me sir, who is nt anointed... as xtians, who does nt av d spirit of God... i dnt bliv dat my pastor is more spiritual dan i am.. its abt folowin d biblical injuction... finaly let me counter dat perception 4rm d bible.. somwhere in galatian, chapter 2, if i'm corect, told us hw paul d least of d apostles chalenged peter for wat he percieved ws wrong and dat case ws settled. knw dis... its only a proud, arogant, and backslidin leader dat crushes opposition especialy a Godly rebelion lyk d above. all men should b correctable
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 12:59pm On Oct 11, 2013
I have been accused of lacking knowledge of the bible. Well! Since am a pastor I guess I owe u guys d truth. I refer you to d following scriptures and incidences in d bible. Miriam and Moses, David and Saul, Judas iscariot who claimed he loved d poor so much and demanded that an offering brought to jesus should have been given to the poor. To u church and pastor haters I say this, u can not be more merciful than God himself and u do not love d poor more than God. The best gift u can give a poor man is first the gospel, and then financial assistance. Pls am begging u guys God sent me to warn you all who engage in church and pastorbashing.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 1:00pm On Oct 11, 2013
dankol: sorry to say.. op, u are part of those usin d scripture to bind people wit fear nt 2 challenge dier pastors when dey c anytin wrong. 1thes 5:21 "test all spirits". ur pastor has been sayin d truth all d time does nt mean d nxt tym, he wld say d truth. many xtians av bin cajoled dat dey honor man's word dan God's... look at d verse d op used.. touch not my anointed... tel me sir, who is nt anointed... as xtians, who does nt av d spirit of God... i dnt bliv dat my pastor is more spiritual dan i am.. its abt folowin d biblical injuction... finaly let me counter dat perception 4rm d bible.. somwhere in galatian, chapter 2, if i'm corect, told us hw paul d least of d apostles chalenged peter for wat he percieved ws wrong and dat case ws settled. knw dis... its only a proud, arogant, and backslidin leader dat crushes opposition especialy a Godly rebelion lyk d above. all men should b correctable
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 1:06pm On Oct 11, 2013
Let me refer you to the following scriptures: 1Timothy 5:17, 1thessalonians 5:12-13. These scriptures actually command xtains to honiur pastors highly. I agree there is some abuse in d church today of biblical injunctions, but that does not warrant throwing the baby away with d birth water. Mybdear if heaven means anything to u read these scriptures and practice them. All Christians are annoited but d sense in which d bible used annoited here suggests one in leadership position. Don't forget that king David who said touch not my annoited and do my prophet no harm, was himself annoited, but he made the statement in relation to authority.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 1:24pm On Oct 11, 2013
Candour:

Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 1:28pm On Oct 11, 2013
My dear brother u are a case of ignorance gone on rampage. Read my post carefully and help yourself if heaven means anything to you. Well! U call my admonishions threats! *lol* I have only told u what d bible said, pls read d following scriptures. 1thessalonians 5:12-13, 1Timothy 5:17.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 1:31pm On Oct 11, 2013
Candour:

Congrats my sister on this knowledge.

I wish the OP could also try learn to read the bible properly before spewing nonsense on a public forum

cheers and God bless you
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 1:35pm On Oct 11, 2013
@ candour, u are a case of ignorance gone on rampage. Read my posts carefully and help yourself, study your bible properly and stop advertising your ignorance in public. I addressed your ignorance in several replies I made. So read and help yourself.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by Candour(m): 1:42pm On Oct 11, 2013
pastor prosper :
My dear brother u are a case of ignorance gone on rampage. Read my post carefully and help yourself if heaven means anything to you. Well! U call my admonishions threats! *lol* I have only told u what d bible said, pls read d following scriptures. 1thessalonians 5:12-13, 1Timothy 5:17.

1Thess 5:12-13
'And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labor among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you:13.And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake.And be at peace among yourselves'

1Tim 5:17
'Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honor, especially they who labor in word and doctrine'

Those are the 2 references you mentioned. Can you pls get a binoculars and point out where you see UNPARDONABLE SIN written in both?

You should go back ans start your bible learning afresh my dear. You know little or nothing about Christianity.

You come using Miriam case to put fear in the hearts of Christians to pretend when they see evil in the congregation of God and you call that admonish?

If we are to follow this theory, Rev King would be roaming free today, Rev Jim Jones would have received an award if not for his death, the pastors of Movement for restoration of ten commandments in Uganda will be walking free today or are these your examples of elders that rule well that the bible asked us to honor?

If you're a pastor and you tell your flock this, then you're an example of a wolf in sheep's clothing that Christ warned us about. See you talking like the key of heaven has been put in your custody. Keep deceiving yourself and those that believe in you.

You need to repent from your deception and ask God for forgiveness
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by Candour(m): 1:45pm On Oct 11, 2013
pastor prosper :
@ candour, u are a case of ignorance gone on rampage. Read my posts carefully and help yourself, study your bible properly and stop advertising your ignorance in public. I addressed your ignorance in several replies I made. So read and help yourself.

You are the ignorant one my friend.

Are you tired of issuing your threats of hell?

Keep displaying your shallow knowledge of God and the holy scriptures
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 3:03pm On Oct 11, 2013
@ candour. Jesus said any sin against the holy spirit would not be forgiven, remember he said this after pharisees accussed him of being possessed by devils.thing is when u lnjustly criticise a man of God u are not just criticising him but also d spirit that operates tru him. That's because such talk cld amount to blasphemy. Now pls read Hebrews 6:4-6, also see Jude :8-18.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 3:07pm On Oct 11, 2013
[b][/b]@ candour. Jesus said any sin against the holy spirit would not be forgiven, remember he said this after pharisees accussed him of being possessed by devils.thing is when u lnjustly criticise a man of God u are not just criticising him but also d spirit that operates tru him. That's because such talk cld amount to blasphemy. Now pls read Hebrews 6:4-6, also see Jude :8-18.
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by dankol: 3:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
i disagree wit u sir on dat passage... d anointed being refered 2 ws d house of israel (2day true xtians), d precedin proves dat " he suffereth no man to do them wrong saying touch not" who ar d 'them'. moses, of course no...
Sir, i respect all my pastors even if i dnt trust some bt i dnt fear any and dat d dividin line...i only fear God... fear is takin everytin dey say hook, line and sinker, respect is test dier words, motive, action and stick to dat whc is true. lyk i tel people many of church dogma ar personal dealins wit God whc is forcefuly and fearfuly applied across board. i dnt blame dose pastor, i blame d unreadin xtian and dats y dey get cajoled
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by PastorKun(m): 3:21pm On Oct 11, 2013
pastor prosper :
See pharisee calling me pharisee. U who said tithing is wrong. I didn't expect anything better from u young man. I am advicing to pls repent hell awaits u. You are distorting the bible for elfish gains, u and pastor Kun

This guy is a real dunce angry who is distorting bible for selfish gains or am I the one distorting scriptures to collect tithes from people Ole buruku jati jati
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by Candour(m): 3:23pm On Oct 11, 2013
pastor prosper :
@ candour. Jesus said any sin against the holy spirit would not be forgiven, remember he said this after pharisees accussed him of being possessed by devils.thing is when u lnjustly criticise a man of God u are not just criticising him but also d spirit that operates tru him. That's because such talk cld amount to blasphemy. Now pls read Hebrews 6:4-6, also see Jude :8-18.

No one should accuse any man unjustly, Not only Pastors. Every Christian is equal before God. No man called a pastor is superior to any other member of the body of Christ. The holy Spirit is in me like he is in whoever calls himself a pastor so pls stop placing a pastor on any superior platform. It's unbiblical.

God is NOT a grand father. i am a child of God just like any Christian who calls himself a pastor or bishop. If you're a pastor, be grateful that God saw you worthy to hold that office. It's not a license to start lording it over other Christians. Also stop using hell to threaten Christians who disagree with you. You're NOT the record keeper in heaven. God alone knows all who truly serve him.

See what Paul said

1Cor 1:24
'Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand'

If the apostle Paul, as mighty as he was in ministry didn't lord it over his converts, NO pastor has or should be allowed to exercise that right. If a pastor is going astray, be honest enough to organize yourselves together and call him to order before he leads you all into destruction.

Wish you the best.

Bye
Re: Critics Of The Church Are Committing The Unpardonable Sin. by pastorprosper(m): 4:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
My brother if u had been in d habit of critising passstors and churches, why not just stop, d days of ignorance God would overlook, am sure u have not yet crossed d line. Am sure u know I told u d truth. Wish u all d best.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What I Saw On My Way From Church Today (photo) / The Strong Man Of Religion Will Be Destroyed. / We Are Not Born Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.