Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,279 members, 7,811,831 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time - Sports (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time (103587 Views)

Nigeria Vs Burundi: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time / Seychelles Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 Qualifier - 0 - 3 (Full Time) / Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by Vabasi(m): 6:41pm On Jun 26, 2019
Please who is the MOTM?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by powerblaze(m): 6:42pm On Jun 26, 2019
Uganda vs Zimbabwe is the best game I've seen in this tournament.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by Goke7: 6:42pm On Jun 26, 2019
YoungAncient1:
We have won two matches and qualified for the second round. But i must say the Super Eagles have been far from convincing in the two games played so far. And to say that we have the easiest group of the AFCON tournament says a lot about the quality of our side.
The team should spend more time in training perfecting their passing game, set piece taking, attempt at goal / conversion and communication on the field of play.
Also, as a TECHNICAL ADVISER, Gernot Rohr is not doing enough in terms of team's techniques and tactics. He should know his starting 11 and not be tinkering with the team's starting 11 from game to game unless when the change in the starting line up is absolutely necessary.

I will rate the team 6/10 because they improved in the second half. But if Guinea and Burundi are giving us problems, i wonder what will happen when we face Mali, Egypt, Ivory Coast or Senegal. Even Cameroon will trouble this team wella.

Last! Last!! We all want our team to do well.
S
same cameroun that saw red in uyo during wcq, abegi. football is funny. my wife always tells me that the SE are like chelsea, they can fumble against small teams but when it comes to big games, they rise to the occasion. make una chill o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by vroy(m): 6:42pm On Jun 26, 2019
vicardino:
Please what does the guy playing 2 for us offer really? He does more with his mouth than his legs
If not because sheu get injured that one go enter selection?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by icankel: 6:42pm On Jun 26, 2019
jomotv:
i no gbadu this match joor, common guinea they no fit score 5:0

See How to speed up your phne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EigxP8UM8Do
Guinea is common abi, have u seen our head to head before?
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by biofem: 6:51pm On Jun 26, 2019
Players rating

Akpeyi (5/10)
The Nigerian goalkeeper had a shaky start to the game. He grew in confidence as the game progressed. He should work more on how he parries shot aimed at his goal.

Awaziem (6/10)
He surely didn't put any feet wrong throughout the entire duration of the game. However, his link up play with the attack left too much to be desire. He will surely get better.

Balogun (7/10)
Had a quiet game. Kept things tidy, and was at the right place at the right time to prevent a keita's through back from finding the back of the net.

Omeruo (9/10)
A man of the match performance from Kenneth. He commanded his lines with confidence, makes great interceptions, was solid in defense, won his aerial duels. He didn't put any foot wrong throughout the game. And what a great header to ensure all 3 points for his team.

Aina (7.5/10)
Another commanding performance from the Torino new jewel. He was assured in possession, joined the attack well and he commanded his lines with assurance. We will surely see greater performance from the young man.

Etebo (7/10)
Not one of his best performance from the Store City player of the year. His link up play fell short and he was sturdy in possession. Nevertheless, he provided a great cover for his defence and had good understanding with Ndidi at the middle of the park.

Ndidi (8/10)
Arguably Nigeria finest player at the moment. He covered every blade of the pitch. He won the midfield battle of Keita to mark a great outing once again. He is Nigeria's hope of a decent performance in this tournament.

Iwobi (6.5/10)
He faded in and out of the game. Much responsibility was placed on his young shoulders and he managed to delivered an average performance. He needs to improve faster if the Super Eagles has any hope of advancing fast in this tournament. His decision making leaves plenty to be desire. He gave away possession too often.

Simon (6/10)
The Levante Star had a bright first 20 minutes before he faded into Oblivion. His only contribution in this game was the Corner kick that earned Nigeria the victory. Many wondered why he was on the pitch for the entire duration of the game.

Musa (7/10)
A decent performance from the Super Eagles Captain of the day. His runs troubled the opponent defence but he needed to improve on his decision making. He too faded as the final period of the game.

Ighalo (5/10)
The Nigeria hero in the last game had a match to forget today. He will be remembered only for his selfish display of hitting the ball when Musa was all alone in the box. He needs to play for the team and not seek personal glory.

Substitutions:
Chukwueze (3/10)
Came in for Iwobi and was asked to played in an unfamiliar role. He hardly recorded 10 touches on the ball before the end of the game.

Onuachu (n/a)
Came in too late to be rated

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 26, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

**Paul Put**
Thanks, man. Will edit ASAP.
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:54pm On Jun 26, 2019
Magnifico2000:

He made it. Please check very well. I am so sure

See our attackers below..

Ahmed Musa
Alex Iwobi
Moses Simon
Samuel Kalu
Samuel Chukwueze
Henry Onyekuru
Victor Osimhen
Odion Ighalo and
Paul Onuachu.
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 26, 2019
[quote author=Tonymegabush1 post=79694231][/quote]

Clapperboard TV is what you now know as SuperScreen. At least you should know SuperScreen.
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by Magnifico2000: 6:56pm On Jun 26, 2019
biofem:
Players rating

Akpeyi (5/10)
The Nigerian goalkeeper had a shaky start to the game. He grew in confidence as the game progressed. He should work more on how he parries shot aimed at his goal.

Awaziem (6/10)
He surely didn't put any feet wrong throughout the entire duration of the game. However, his link up play with the attack left too much to be desire. He will surely get better.

Balogun (7/10)
Had a quiet game. Kept things tidy, and was at the right place at the right time to prevent a keita's through back from finding the back of the net.

Omeruo (9/10)
A man of the match performance from Kenneth. He commanded his lines with confidence, makes great interceptions, was solid in defense, won his aerial duels. He didn't put any foot wrong throughout the game. And what a great header to ensure all 3 points for his team.

Aina (7.5/10)
Another commanding performance from the Torino new jewel. He was assured in possession, joined the attack well and he commanded his lines with assurance. We will surely see greater performance from the young man.

Etebo (7/10)
Not one of his best performance from the Store City player of the year. His link up play fell short and he was sturdy in possession. Nevertheless, he provided a great cover for his defence and had good understanding with Ndidi at the middle of the park.

Ndidi (8/10)
Arguably Nigeria finest player at the moment. He covered every blade of the pitch. He won the midfield battle of Keita to mark a great outing once again. He is Nigeria's hope of a decent performance in this tournament.

Iwobi (6.5/10)
He faded in and out of the game. Much responsibility was placed on his young shoulders and he managed to delivered an average performance. He needs to improve faster if the Super Eagles has any hope of advancing fast in this tournament. His decision making leaves plenty to be desire. He gave away possession too often.

Simon (6/10)
The Levante Star had a bright first 20 minutes before he faded into Oblivion. His only contribution in this game was the Corner kick that earned Nigeria the victory. Many wondered why he was on the pitch for the entire duration of the game.

Musa (7/10)
A decent performance from the Super Eagles Captain of the day. His runs troubled the opponent defence but he needed to improve on his decision making. He too faded as the final period of the game.

Ighalo (5/10)
The Nigeria hero in the last game had a match to forget today. He will be remembered only for his selfish display of hitting the ball when Musa was all alone in the box. He needs to play for the team and not seek personal glory.

Substitutions:
Chukwueze (3/10)
Came in for Iwobi and was asked to played in an unfamiliar role. He hardly recorded 10 touches on the ball before the end of the game.

Onuachu (n/a)
Came in too late to be rated
Copied from?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by Rizan3349: 6:57pm On Jun 26, 2019
First ,i wish to commend our guys because of their seriousness ... I will also thank the coach for introducing competion among the players .. For me this is one of the best match i have ever watched kudoos to the guys..
This is my observation from the match:
1 our keeper is afraid and not a person to trust .
2 Nigeria defence is the best in the world . They played 90mins without card and conceived just a corner .. They made us watch the match with confidence .. Balogun improved in performance today ..
3 the combination of Musa in left wing ,Iwobi at the centre and Moses at the right wing is not bad ...
4 I also noticed that Nigeria is yet to have a quality no 9 striker ... Ighalo is an average player and Coach should continue to test players as regard to striker to see if there will be improvement...
5 Iwuobi shouldn't have been removed in that match because he is the engine that holds the mid field and didn't look like he is tired . Chukwueze is good in attacking and should have entered the game at the time we are still playing draw and not after ..
6 that at the time Iwuobi was removed ,it was Ighalo that deserved to be removed since he is no where to be found in the match ..
7 our coach should have a well timing to substitute ,ie Chukwueze would have entered the game at the time we need goal since he is good in attacking.. The coach should also be careful with trying a player in the wrong position
8 so far , i love the coach because i see much energy in our players unlike before we have much lazy ones ..
9 i wish my country the very best ..God bless my people

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by Magnifico2000: 6:57pm On Jun 26, 2019
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

See our attackers below..

Ahmed Musa
Alex Iwobi
Moses Simon
Samuel Kalu
Samuel Chukwueze
Henry Onyekuru
Victor Osimhen
Odion Ighalo and
Paul Onuachu.
I'm so sorry. My bad. I wanted to write osimehn.. apologies
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by Halezis(m): 7:05pm On Jun 26, 2019
Scetrocom:

He's very strong and can run well. But he plays with his leg than Hus brain. Poor corner kick, poor cross and poor attempt at goal.
Go back and modify the postsad
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by tsinzu: 7:07pm On Jun 26, 2019
Datazone:

You're a big fool. Akpeyi is an Itsekiri from Delta State.
Akpeyi from Anambra state not delta

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by bluefilm: 7:16pm On Jun 26, 2019
My kudos goes to that Aina guy.

That guy is just solid and dependable.

As for that goat iwobi, I wish him six months...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by abbeynism(m): 7:27pm On Jun 26, 2019
Some funny pists here, i swear. Someone suggested coach suppose to remove Musa because he is kn yellow. Like really? Awon world best coach.
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by BankyGee(m): 7:28pm On Jun 26, 2019
pode:
Are you coming (chatting) from warri?
Nope, Abuja. Why?
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by midehi2(f): 7:33pm On Jun 26, 2019
peeparty:

You dey watch am??
Yea i did...how are you doing?
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by biofem: 7:33pm On Jun 26, 2019
Magnifico2000:

Copied from?

From me, myself and I
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by vicardino(m): 7:34pm On Jun 26, 2019
adioolayi:

Can you please tell us what he could have done better
Rhor has displayed squad depth of the SuperEagles...he is no rush..slowly grinding out results. This squad can adapt and are flexible to any formation.... We saw Musa, Chukwueze, Simon and Ighalo ...all on the field at the same time. It shows flexibility

You can tell yourself whatever makes u happy and sleep at night but if we had lost this match, I bet you would have said otherwise. A selection that couldn't even get more than 60% from the players. Every balls through the midfield didn't work out, he waited till his customary and pre-planned time to make his sub. Who subs a 10 for a 7/11 anyways? Did we crumble or not after the sub with no 10? You wanna talk about squad depth, aside his assist, what meaningful contributions did simon Moses give today?

Still the same rohr that cost us the match against Argentina. Let him do this nonsense during knockout stages
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by abdulyaro66(m): 7:55pm On Jun 26, 2019
Benbelor:
I have Amazon card to sell
Text my phone
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by PopeFlatino(m): 7:56pm On Jun 26, 2019
My man sharap,,keshi had Enyeama and Emenike at both ends of the pitch whom d fans trust and rely on aswell...this one no carry any Star keeper travel yet he keeps playing d worst among the 3 shaky once he chose...Even d choice to use Two not so worthy cF's in two games while the once that had a better season (Osimhen and Onyekuru) are been deprived of playing time...no compare the great Keshi to this white pidgin again
Ayo25:
Those saying the coach knows not what he is doing, well Stephen Keshi of blessed memory got more sticks at the initial stage in 2013 but we know how it end. Do not criticise the coach much should you have to eat your words
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by osothermal(m): 7:56pm On Jun 26, 2019
francanthony:
I dunno who they will bring for you again that knows his onion oh, as for me this is the best pattern the eagles ve impressed me with.
who understands football knows that it's 24 teams now and not 16. The coach is simply rotating his players so they don't gay out when they are most needed. The coach is the man of the match for benching Mikel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by PopeFlatino(m): 8:08pm On Jun 26, 2019
They didn't play over 2.5 naa
TheMainMan:
like you will see who liked your post undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by PopeFlatino(m): 8:09pm On Jun 26, 2019
cheesy they failed over2.5
TheMainMan:
like you will see who liked your post undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by PopeFlatino(m): 8:10pm On Jun 26, 2019
Guy u know Afelokhai at all?
vicardino:

Thank goodness u ain't the coach. If mikel played according to you, who then played 10? And yes, akpeyi may be calamitous but he's better than those names you put up there.
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by vonn(f): 8:27pm On Jun 26, 2019
I still don't get what the last substitution was for.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by Ayo25: 8:33pm On Jun 26, 2019
PopeFlatino:
My man sharap,,keshi had Enyeama and Emenike at both ends of the pitch whom d fans trust and rely on aswell...this one no carry any Star keeper travel yet he keeps playing d worst among the 3 shaky once he chose...Even d choice to use Two not so worthy cF's in two games while the once that had a better season (Osimhen and Onyekuru) are been deprived of playing time...no compare the great Keshi to this white pidgin again
Your father sharap.
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by Abortedfetus(m): 8:54pm On Jun 26, 2019
ayayamedia:
Someone epp us tell Nabi Keita that he should not overdo!
No be today Nigeria dey humble big club players! Ask Eto'o & Drogba.

Keita's lame attempts at impressing whoever-he-believes-is-watching...will only get him injured.
it happened so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by joshjc(m): 8:54pm On Jun 26, 2019
Why is there no stars on our jersey as a former champion
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by Rotji(m): 9:13pm On Jun 26, 2019
What I don't understand is Musa playing from the left flank when he can't cross or pass the ball with his left foot then today I saw Chukwueze playing from the right flank but run with and passing the ball with his left foot. Why can't people be made to play in their best positions?!
Re: Nigeria Vs Guinea: AFCON 2019 (1 - 0) Full Time by vicardino(m): 9:23pm On Jun 26, 2019
PopeFlatino:
Guy u know Afelokhai at all?
Oga, u know akpeyi at all??

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply)

The Way Iheanacho Was Begging Musa To Pass The Ball Is Actually Very Funny - Pic / Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 / I Just Found An App That Hack All The Vip Betting Tips For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.