Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Air Peace Plane Overshoots Runway In Port Harcourt - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air Peace Plane Overshoots Runway In Port Harcourt (48947 Views)

Abuja Airport Shut Down As Aircraft Overshoots Runway (Pictures/Video) / Air Force Plane Suffers Tyre Burst, Overshoots Runway (Picture) / The Moment Air Peace Plane Landed At Anambra Int'l Airport (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Air Peace Plane Overshoots Runway In Port Harcourt by owila4luv(m): 12:47pm On Jun 23, 2019
the pilots touch down approach was bad, it's there fault
Re: Air Peace Plane Overshoots Runway In Port Harcourt by kingreign(m): 12:48pm On Jun 23, 2019
dingbang:
I came there in the morning and I had to go to RTC to use bus to abuja. I'm at owerri road linking to anambra now. I sent them an email for refund anyways.

Eyah, sorry brother man. Hope they'll not speak grammatical and grammar for the cash though.
Re: Air Peace Plane Overshoots Runway In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 23, 2019
dingbang:
I came there in the morning and I had to go to RTC to use bus to abuja. I'm at owerri road linking to anambra now. I sent them an email for refund anyways.

Wow, safe journey. I have rescheduled for Tuesday. The issue is still not resolved till now, I just left the Airport. I hope by Tuesday they must have sort themselves out.
Re: Air Peace Plane Overshoots Runway In Port Harcourt by kenobi007(m): 12:53pm On Jun 23, 2019
OakPearl:

In their confused state without an iotta of an idea on what to do, they think shutting down the airspace is the wisest thing to do.

No regard for the time and schedule of the ordinary Nigerian. cry

Think before you talk or ask questions. U are answering someone's question without knowledge of the situation.
When things like this happens the runway is still been occupied by the aircraft. Until the Aircraft is repositioned out of the runway no aircraft lands and takes off.
Re: Air Peace Plane Overshoots Runway In Port Harcourt by Judybash93(m): 1:08pm On Jun 23, 2019
kingreign:

Liar! Who taught you how to lie didn't teach you properly.

When driving in a wet water logged road, the tyres act to continually grip the road and dissipate water thru the threads, but sometimes, it fails and can result to hydroplaning. Hydroplaning is a phenomenon where a vehicle tyre loses contact with firm terrain and instead glides on thin sheet of water, it could be dangerous situation which could cause the vehicle to lose control and skid.

Baba niyen
Considering the speed needed for the airplane to take off, your explanation is very valid and applicable....

Una sabi

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Plane Overshoots Runway In Port Harcourt by Agugbadin: 1:27pm On Jun 23, 2019
Is scary, Airpeace should embark on recertification of their planes
Re: Air Peace Plane Overshoots Runway In Port Harcourt by dingbang(m): 1:34pm On Jun 23, 2019
kingreign:

Eyah, sorry brother man. Hope they'll not speak grammatical and grammar for the cash though.
lol they did actually , they said they will deduct 8percent from the ticket money if I want a refund, and I just didnt mind, I provided them my bank account details.
Re: Air Peace Plane Overshoots Runway In Port Harcourt by dingbang(m): 1:35pm On Jun 23, 2019
PatrioticNaija:

Wow, safe journey. I have rescheduled for Tuesday. The issue is still not resolved till now, I just left the Airport. I hope by Tuesday they must have sort themselves out.
thanks Sir. My first time of trying their airline . anyways, wish you safe journey as you travel on Tuesday too.
Re: Air Peace Plane Overshoots Runway In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 23, 2019
dingbang:
thanks Sir. My first time of trying their airline . anyways, wish you safe journey as you travel on Tuesday too.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Air Peace Plane Overshoots Runway In Port Harcourt by RexTramadol1: 2:06pm On Jun 23, 2019
Miracle child

Buhahahaha
Re: Air Peace Plane Overshoots Runway In Port Harcourt by OakPearl(m): 2:08pm On Jun 23, 2019
kenobi007:

Think before you talk or ask questions. U are answering someone's question without knowledge of the situation.
When things like this happens the runway is still been occupied by the aircraft. Until the Aircraft is repositioned out of the runway no aircraft lands and takes off.

"Mr. I too know".
You should know that if they knew their job, that plane will be out of that run way in under an hour with a standard emergency plan, equipment and action in place as is done in climes where things work.

Same airport that had canopy as domestic arrival for over 5 years and earned us the ranking of the worst airport in the world.

Making excuses for these people all the time is what has kept us where we are as a nation.
We should stop settling for mediocrity and demand for a better deal from people entrusted with authority.
Call a spade a spade.
Re: Air Peace Plane Overshoots Runway In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 23, 2019
Jbcmotive:

@stallion2019 meaningful maintenance before meaningful repairs. Their culture? 'If it isn't broken why fix it?'

Preventive maintenance isn't rocket science Sir.

Its cheaper than corrective measure. Atlease people don't have to die in hundreds b4 you investigate and find out that eroding tarmac is the cause of the mishap.

If you don't service your car after 3- 6 months, it becomes a death trap.

Its evident why soo many things are at different stages of decay in our country.. zero to no maintenance culture/ lack of continuity, no accountability and so forth.

Obviously, the quote "a stitch in time saves 9 " wasn't quoted by an African. I'll end here.
Re: Air Peace Plane Overshoots Runway In Port Harcourt by Jbcmotive(m): 5:33am On Jun 27, 2019

Preventive maintenance isn't rocket science Sir.

Its cheaper than corrective measure. Atlease people don't have to die in hundreds b4 you investigate and find out that eroding tarmac is the cause of the mishap.

If you don't service your car after 3- 6 months, it becomes a death trap.

Its evident why soo many things are at different stages of decay in our country.. zero to no maintenance culture/ lack of continuity, no accountability and so forth.

Obviously, the quote "a stitch in time saves 9 " wasn't quoted by an African. I'll end here.

You misunderstood my quote.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

After JAPA - How Long It Took To Make Your First 100 Million / Osogbo, Capital City Of Osun State In Pictures / Body Parts Of A Dead Woman At Oshodi Railway (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.