Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,585 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead (29910 Views)

How To Navigate 2020, By Monsignor Paschal Nwaezeapu / Picture Of Late Monsignor Osigweh Lying In State / See Burial Arrangements For The Late Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by FirstCounsel(m): 9:57pm On Jun 22, 2019
RIP Father.... I had an encounter with him too

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by ephraim18(m): 9:58pm On Jun 22, 2019
chai rest in peace holy father I visited him once he was such a great man of God. He's a god father to my senior brother and we almost from the same ehime mbano in imo state rest in peace fr. ur work speaked for u even when u were alive. Even as he's old his sermon still echoed the environs of st mary catholic church ifo. u will be missed by thousands u feed on daily and the less privileged u always cather for.

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 22, 2019
TANTUMERGO007:

So true, my left part of my body was paralysed then

Wow... Nothing God can't do..

Just bliv in Him..
Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by ikrumalemonday(m): 9:59pm On Jun 22, 2019
Rest in Peace Sir

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by Slimsly100(f): 10:04pm On Jun 22, 2019
SimSify:
Rest in peace padre..
Eternal rest grant unto him o lord..
And let your perpetual light shine upon him..

May the soul of Mgnr. Osigweh and all the faithful departed rest in peace..
Amen

Click Like for Amen

May their souls rest in peace. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by femiaction(m): 10:07pm On Jun 22, 2019
True man of God. I attended his healing service close to two years at IFO. Rest in Peace

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by AngelicBeing: 10:08pm On Jun 22, 2019
sad
Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by LadyHeaven(f): 10:10pm On Jun 22, 2019
O my sweet God, Fr Osigwe, very blessed Father, i just told my mum and she feels so sad, Father Osy really brought a lot of ppl closer to Jesus in the blessed Sacrament, may His beautiful soul rest in Peace, Amen cry

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by Kenneth10110(m): 10:12pm On Jun 22, 2019
Let's be Good so people will say something Good about us.
Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by Unconquerable: 10:14pm On Jun 22, 2019
Awesome man. In the 80s I was a troublesome young man. My late mother took me to him for prayers when he was still at Ikorodu.

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by warripekin(m): 10:14pm On Jun 22, 2019
Eternal rest grant him O'Lord and let your perpetual light shine on him.
Testimonies abound how God used you mightily.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by athaboi(f): 10:16pm On Jun 22, 2019
God bless your soul father...

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by Pavore9: 10:27pm On Jun 22, 2019
Unconquerable:
Awesome man. In the 80s I was a troublesome young man. My late mother took me to him for prayers when he was still at Ikorodu.

I can relate, mothers back then took their troublesome children to St. Augustine for spiritual rehabilitation and my mum wasn't an exception! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by ayoplenty: 10:28pm On Jun 22, 2019
May your gentle soul find eternal rest in your saviour. Amen
Adeiu Padre..

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by michlins(m): 10:29pm On Jun 22, 2019
ossaisly:
This is one of the genuine priest and a respect one on the whole of Catholic church. RIP his eminence
is he a cardinal. Why the title of eminence?
Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by mhizsuzzy(f): 10:34pm On Jun 22, 2019
I didn't get to know about him till his death(now)...He must be a good father as all speak good of him...

RIP Padre...you live on

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by rickyrex(m): 10:40pm On Jun 22, 2019
Remember when he was called to ckc agbara to put the church in order when some parishioners wanted to tear the church apart

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by hucienda: 10:51pm On Jun 22, 2019
"All of my life I will praise the Living God,
My heart full of joy, I will bless His Holy Name.

Praise the Lord O My Soul and Never Forget His Deeds"

God please welcome into heaven and grant eternal rest upon the soul of your servant, Reverend Monsignor Sylvester Osigweh who over the years tirelessly served the Catholic Church and Humanity with such poise, grace, stellar distinction and unwavering commitment.

'Well done, you good and faithful servant!' said his master. 'You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.' Matthew 25:21.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by Elijahnonso1(m): 10:53pm On Jun 22, 2019
REST IN PEACE THE SERVANT OF THE MOST HIGH GOD.

CATHOLIC LAW STUDENTS OF NIGERIA MOURN YOU.
WE PRAY THAT THE LORD GOD WILL GRANT YOUR SOUL AND THE SOULS OF ALL THE FAITHFUL DEPARTED ETERNAL REST IN HIS KINGDOM.

AS WE CELEBRATE THE FEAST OF OUR PATRON SAINT THOMAS MORE TODAY, MAY YOU REST WITH HIM IN THE LORD.
AMEN.

CALSAN! NISI DOMINUS FRUSTRA.

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by sixtus3606(m): 11:03pm On Jun 22, 2019
The very Reverend Father who baptized me and gave me the baptismal name, Sixtus.

Eternal be his memory! cry

10 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by sixtus3606(m): 11:06pm On Jun 22, 2019
Pavore9:

I can relate, mothers back then took their troublesome children to St. Augustine for spiritual rehabilitation and my mum wasn't an exception! cheesy

Most especially the Tuesday healing service. Free body massage.

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by Ijawdefender: 11:09pm On Jun 22, 2019
One of the few priest with the healing ministry and still no controversy around him. I benefited from his ministry over 20yrs ago. Rip father

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by sixtus3606(m): 11:13pm On Jun 22, 2019
Pavore9:
RIP Padre. Back then in the 80s and 90s, St Augustine Parish Ikorodu was like a Pilgrimage centre, beehive of activities every Tuesday as many troop to attend the Healing Masses. His Priesthood impacted positively on many as my family personally benefitted from him spiritually.

Absolutely right.
Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by Biggaboi(m): 11:34pm On Jun 22, 2019
DonHummer:
I could remember travelling with mum to ogun state from Lagos like every Tuesday or so for his healing mass....
May his soul rest in peace
Me too cry cry cry
Was priviledged to even meet him in his office with my mum. Till date I've never seen an office so clustered with awards and plagues. It was like a gallery!
He'll surely be missed. May God have mercy on his soul.

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by Guest911: 11:35pm On Jun 22, 2019
careytommy37:

Why are you suddenly interested in the title of a dead man. Might you want to inherit it?
curiosity should be encouraged. That’s how we get answers and wisdom
Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by alexola20(m): 11:37pm On Jun 22, 2019

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by Biggaboi(m): 11:39pm On Jun 22, 2019
sixtus3606:

Most especially the Tuesday healing service. Free body massage.
Oh yea! Lots of olive oil from head to toe! grin
Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by Dearlord(m): 11:39pm On Jun 22, 2019
Rest in Peace our Reverend

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by adecharly(m): 12:16am On Jun 23, 2019
O Lord, we pray Thee that the soul of Thy priest, Thy servant (Very Reverend Monsignor Sylvester E. U. Osigweh), which, while he abode in this world, Thou didst adorn with sacred gifts, may ever rejoice in a glorious place in heaven. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto him , O Lord, 
and let perpetual light shine upon him.

May the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

"God used him for me" some years ago at St. Augustine Catholic Church, Ikorodu.

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by Izukel(m): 12:24am On Jun 23, 2019
rest in peace, I remember the advice you gave me the first time I meet you, I remember the story you told me about how you was born... jee nke oma!

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by kbbanj10(m): 12:47am On Jun 23, 2019
RIP Rev. Osigwe. He did the Requiem Mass for my late father in 1980. Eternal rest grant unto him

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Family / Apostle Little-David Foc: ‘Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Election’ / Rev. Uma Ukpai's Civic Reception In Ohafia, His Community For His Philanthropy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.