Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead (29908 Views)

How To Navigate 2020, By Monsignor Paschal Nwaezeapu / Picture Of Late Monsignor Osigweh Lying In State / See Burial Arrangements For The Late Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by kbbanj10(m): 12:51am On Jun 23, 2019
sixtus3606:

Absolutely right.
He was earlier at Ibonwon Parish l, early 80s
Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by kbbanj10(m): 12:53am On Jun 23, 2019
Oh no Rev Father Silvester Osigwe. May you rest in peace
Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by Hum2020: 1:33am On Jun 23, 2019
RIP your good deed will continue to speak for you a bless to many family
Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by rosybabyy: 2:15am On Jun 23, 2019
Rip Sir
Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by jacoik(m): 2:34am On Jun 23, 2019
God used him to heal me of terminal sickness that was with me for years!!! I can remember back then in early 19s even going from one herbalist to another and from church to church, but as soon as my mum took me there. only just a prayer and one touch I never experience it again till date

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by Tonero231: 3:51am On Jun 23, 2019
Rest in the Lord Padre...God used u to impact positively on the lives of the people

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by henrypep: 4:14am On Jun 23, 2019
Rip
Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by D1zion: 4:46am On Jun 23, 2019
SimSify:
Rest in peace padre..
Eternal rest grant unto him o lord..
And let your perpetual light shine upon him..

May the soul of Mgnr. Osigweh and all the faithful departed rest in peace..
Amen

Click Like for Amen
through the mercy of God rest in Peace.
Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by D1zion: 4:48am On Jun 23, 2019
careytommy37:

Why are you suddenly interested in the title of a dead man. Might you want to inherit it?
grin grin grin grin.you funny walahi.
Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by madjune(m): 4:54am On Jun 23, 2019
You can tell a path a man walked from the prints he left behind.

You can tell a saint by the way people speak of him and the lives he impacted positively.

Anyway, some people literally walk their way into heaven.

May God give us the grace to truly know Him, seek His face in all things and deeds on this earth till our last breath. Amen.

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by ikorodureporta: 5:24am On Jun 23, 2019
Just on NL, see the number of testimonies cheesy cheesy
Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by Sultannayef: 5:48am On Jun 23, 2019
HeyCorleone:

It's a title you earn, naturally, after 25 years of being a priest.

Not necessarily. It’s for senior priests that are Monsignors.
Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by Focusmind: 6:22am On Jun 23, 2019
I remember the early 90's in Ikorodu. It was like a Mecca of some sort. Every Tuesday, the family will attend his mass for healing and spiritual growth. We were healed by his relentless prayers.

Rest in peace father Osigwe.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by Alexandro15: 6:29am On Jun 23, 2019
Rest in peace, Padre. I never knew you until now. But I have no doubt that you were a living saint through the number of testimonies. May God grant you eternal bliss in his kingdom, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by Ogegod87: 6:33am On Jun 23, 2019
Rest in peace Monsignor. Eternal rest grant unto you.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by dokiOloye(m): 6:48am On Jun 23, 2019
Happy to read about yet another Catholic priest among hundreds of them who have extra gift of God and go about doing their things quietly without pomp and pagentry .
No self adulation, no private jets etc.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by Realbelieveer(m): 6:58am On Jun 23, 2019
A priest forever!!!! I grew up listening to u and also serving u at the altar. adieu padre.. B

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by doggedfighter(f): 7:01am On Jun 23, 2019
HeyCorleone:

It's a title you earn, naturally, after 25 years of being a priest.

Thanks for explaining this

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by lalababy(f): 7:03am On Jun 23, 2019
thesicilian:
RIP
I wonder why they call him Very Reverend and what makes him more reverend than the other regular Reverends.

shut up you ignorant ape
Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by doggedfighter(f): 7:11am On Jun 23, 2019
lalababy:

shut up you ignorant ape
This is not nice, lady. Not nice at all angry

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by Henz24(m): 7:33am On Jun 23, 2019
Father osigwe rest in peace, you were an awesome man of God, you will be remembered for your service to God and will definitely be missed

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by sexyking1: 7:40am On Jun 23, 2019
careytommy37:

Why are you suddenly interested in the title of a dead man. Might you want to inherit it?
Yes in Catholic church there are title given to each priest to determine their level. Mind you, all priests are priest from pope to reverend fr.
Now let me give you example
A deacon is referred to Reverend
Father as in priest Reverend Father
Monsignor, a rank after priest... Very Reverend
Bishop....His Lordship Most Reverend
Cardinal...His Grace Most Reverend
Pope...His Holiness Pope...

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by sexyking1: 7:42am On Jun 23, 2019
thesicilian:
RIP
I wonder why they call him Very Reverend and what makes him more reverend than the other regular Reverends.
Yes in Catholic church there are title given to each priest to determine their level. Mind you, all priests are priest from pope to reverend fr.
Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by christopheru(m): 7:48am On Jun 23, 2019
RIP Padre. Your good work Speaks for you. I know you're now dining with the Angels and Saints in Heaven.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by maxinvile(m): 7:53am On Jun 23, 2019
May your soul rest in peace, Fr. You lived a life of selflessness and dedication.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by Estellar: 8:13am On Jun 23, 2019
R.I.P padre

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by giftedhands101: 8:19am On Jun 23, 2019
RIP padre... You touched so many lives positively. cry

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by Lorddominic(m): 8:29am On Jun 23, 2019
sexyking1:

[b][/b]ARCHBISHOP....His Grace Most Reverend
CARDINAL.... His Eminence Most Reverend
Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by Efegoma(m): 8:34am On Jun 23, 2019
Rest in peace Father. I remember you back in the days.
Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by Lorddominic(m): 8:35am On Jun 23, 2019
Monsignor, u really fought well...ur spiritual guidance to humanity especially my family will speak for u at d throne of mercy... Keep resting in d bosom of our Lord. Eternal rest grant unto to him oh Lord and let ur perpetual light shine upon him. Amen

1 Like

Re: Catholic Priest, Monsignor Osigweh Is Dead by derealj(m): 8:36am On Jun 23, 2019
Not even one bad mouth from any one. The Priest must be really a good one. RIP Father.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rev. Uma Ukpai's Civic Reception In Ohafia, His Community For His Philanthropy / Apostle Little-David Foc: ‘Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Election’ / Pastor Adeboye: Osinbajo's Helicopter Crash Was Revealed To Me By God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.