Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? (29899 Views)

My Encounter With My Religious Neighbor Today / My Religious Friend Says Pastor Oyedepo Is Richer Than China Jack Ma. See Pics / 2 Siblings Accused Of Witchcraft By Their Mum, Attacked By Neighbors In AkwaIbom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by DamianDd: 5:24am On Aug 03, 2023
I've recently been taking care of my hair as a man I've been looking towards self-improvement and of course improvement begins with my looks.

My own my hair is the shorts strong Nigerian dry hair so even if it's long it will still appear very short which is what I fixed by treating my hair recently and washing it, right after I washed it that evening I weaved it for it to dry and while I was outside that's when my neighbors wife came, she called me and started preaching about heavenly race and I've sinned for this hair I did and what will people think of dad by me carrying this. All I did was simply assure her that I don't do dreads or weaving and I just did it so the hair and my scalp could get space to dry.

Now the hair is back to normal and it's better because it just looks like afro now very many like it supposed to be, it's doesn't look like a girls hair it just looks like a guy that's been training hair for a long time so it's okay like afro.

Tonight she saw me while she was standing with her friend and they both start telling me about heavenly race and what people will talk about my hair, how I should not allow it to shift me from my destiny.... man's just stood there wondering what has brainwashed this women and how their husbands and children survive this everyday.

How do you presume I go about this because I don't intend on being rude to my elders and my neighbors wife as at that?

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by endsarrrs(f): 5:41am On Aug 03, 2023
DamianDd:
I've recently been taking care of my hair as a man I've been looking towards self-improvement and of course improvement begins with my looks.

My own my hair is the shorts strong Nigerian dry hair so even if it's long it will still appear very short which is what I fixed by treating my hair recently and washing it, right after I washed it that evening I weaved it for it to dry and while I was outside that's when my neighbors wife came, she called me and started preaching about heavenly race and I've sinned for this hair I did and what will people think of dad by me carrying this. All I did was simply assure her that I don't do dreads or weaving and I just did it so the hair and my scalp could get space to dry.

Now the hair is back to normal and it's better because it just looks like afro now very many like it supposed to be, it's doesn't look like a girls hair it just looks like a guy that's been training hair for a long time so it's okay like afro.

Tonight she saw me while she was standing with her friend and they both start telling me about heavenly race and what people will talk about my hair, how I should not allow it to shift me from my destiny.... man's just stood there wondering what has brainwashed this women and how their husbands and children survive this everyday.

How do you presume I go about this because I don't intend on being rude to my elders and my neighbors wife as at that?

'''Heavenly race" koh...

BTW, Op have you tried knowing Jesus personally?
g

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by Foodqueen(f): 5:45am On Aug 03, 2023
Tell her to mind her business.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by Puss360(f): 5:59am On Aug 03, 2023
She means well for you... She means no harm...
Just smile it off...
Anytime she calls you to preach, give her that attention.. then say "Okay"..
Just humour her...

Life's not so bad that we get angry for every little thing...
Just smile and move on...
A day will come that instead of her preaching, she will call you and ask "If you are ready to change that she's tired".. lol..
So humour her...
Na person wey remember person give advice even if the advice is not needed

230 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by MrsTwrite(f): 6:19am On Aug 03, 2023
Ignore her or tell her to mind her own business.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by ecolime(m): 6:53am On Aug 03, 2023
Forget about the hair talk and the likes. While it's good for our outward appearance to ALWAYS glorify God. Your hairstyle, dressing, etc. will always be debatable depending on backgrounds and doctrines.

Even in the bible, Samson had locks and God was with him before Delilah truncated his destiny. Early Christains of old wore robes which can be likened to today's women's gown, skirts, etc.

The main koko be say, are you born again? Do you have a personal relationship with God? If Yes, that's settled. Else, you need to get into the real heavenly race.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 03, 2023
One young lady while I was in church also once told me to go and remove my blonde box braids... Yet this young lady went ahead and had two more kids on top of the other two she already had out of wedlock.

Then she started avoiding everyone.. grin grin grin

Such people like hiding their imperfections by pretending to be perfect to everyone.... So if I were you, I'd just give that neighbor an uncomfortable stare and walk away.

But if she keeps disturbing me, I'll then tell her my mind.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by MumEmdy(f): 9:46am On Aug 03, 2023
DamianDd:

It's the gut for me..what has hair got to do with heavenly race, btw most pastors I know keep Afro.

It sounds more like a personal issue and that neighbor of yours is just a compound gossip 👌

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by theophorus(m): 12:03pm On Aug 03, 2023
DamianDd:

Where the Treasure of a Man is; His Heart will Be.

What will happen if your hair starts developing into two plots?

As per handling her ehn, just ensure that you have Christ as Lord and Savior.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by JayDaily2: 12:03pm On Aug 03, 2023
Puss360:
Just smile it off...
Just humour her...

A day will come that instead of her preaching, she will call you and ask "If you are ready to change that she's tired".. lol..
So humour her...

Op, this is the guidance you need.

But as a guy, you must also realize that women are like little kids, and if you let them play with you too much, they will ruin your white clothing the day you wear it.

And you would do nothing about it. You can't blame a child for acting childish. While providing her with neighborly ears to feed you religious correctness, it should come a day when you tell her straight up to leave you the fkuc alone.

Moderation is key!

Search and join IAJ ONLINE on telegram or X, learn to be a MAN!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by darkmarky(m): 12:04pm On Aug 03, 2023
You should be bold enough to tell people to fuvk off.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by babaRUNtinz(m): 12:04pm On Aug 03, 2023
Deal with am
Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by GloriousGbola: 12:04pm On Aug 03, 2023
See as religious fanatics don flood the thread.

Op, shave that devils mop on your head if you want to make heaven

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by chris20000: 12:05pm On Aug 03, 2023
R
Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by damiandammy(m): 12:05pm On Aug 03, 2023
End time hairstyles

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by oluwaseyi0: 12:06pm On Aug 03, 2023
h
Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by stevups(m): 12:06pm On Aug 03, 2023
Puss360:
Just smile it off...
Just humour her...

So humour her...

Good one

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by Emeka71(m): 12:06pm On Aug 03, 2023
endsarrrs:

'''Heavenly race" koh...

BTW, Op have you tried knowing Jesus personally?
g
Beautiful face.
Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by Segzy19: 12:06pm On Aug 03, 2023
That woman may be bored....
Sometimes they behave like that when they are bored.... No one can really understand the way these women think at times....

She should save those preaching for her children when they start manifesting adolescence.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by FatherOfJesus: 12:07pm On Aug 03, 2023
Just tell her that you have heard what she said, a sensible person will let you be afterward but an overzealous religious person will want to go further.
If she tries going further after that day, let her know that you respect her religious beliefs and that her religious rules only applies to her and those who believe in it and not for people like you who don't.
Tell her that religion is like a penis, it's okay to have it as long as you don't wave it right Infront of my face.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by Mountbatten: 12:07pm On Aug 03, 2023
Tell her to mind her damned business

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by Skyfornia(m): 12:07pm On Aug 03, 2023
embarassed
Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by MySexyMoni(f): 12:08pm On Aug 03, 2023
The world gives you so much pain and here you are making gold out of it — there is nothing purer than that.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by ORIAYO70(m): 12:08pm On Aug 03, 2023
DamianDd:

Your story made me remembered when I visited my sis in Abk, she tells me I will burn in fire for keeping Afro and wearing jeans, I just look n ignore....

I commend you for been polite just ignore ur neighbor and keep her more at arm length.. She go soon calm down

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by 1gbdata: 12:09pm On Aug 03, 2023
Pray with her

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by phemmyfour: 12:09pm On Aug 03, 2023
DamianDd:

Ignore her....you can't have any reasonable conversation with her

1 Like

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by BarrElChapo(m): 12:10pm On Aug 03, 2023
DamianDd:

Keep giving her the opportunity for her two minutes of fame, If you don’t want be rude by walking out in her

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by Think9ja(m): 12:10pm On Aug 03, 2023
cry
Re: How Do I Deal With My Religious Neighbors Wife? by Godwin4444: 12:10pm On Aug 03, 2023
Y not tell her she’s disturbing your life?

I think that will stop u from needless talk

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Family / Rev. Uma Ukpai's Civic Reception In Ohafia, His Community For His Philanthropy / Pastor Turns Born-Again Preacher And Traditionalist (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.