Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) (70126 Views)

Nigeria 3-0 Lesotho: Fans React To Substitute Paul Onuachu Volley Goal (Photos) / Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) / AFCON 2019: CAF Picks Odion Ighalo's Goal Vs Burundi As Best Of Match Day 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by HARDBUOI: 11:20pm On Jun 22, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Bro what chiwueze's goal?

credit to Igalo for scoring the wonderful goal, but it is by no means the best goal I have seen so far in the competition.

And Chiwueze had a good game.
However, tell me if you have seen any assist better than the one Aina gave in this competition sofar.
Don't let hatred becloud your judgements.

I wonder where u see the hatred, I watched the ball in my house with my neighbor, and was clapping for ola Aina for the assist and was even telling my Neighbor That ola Aina has surprised me today(apart from the assist)

But Leaving the pushing the good aside and praise assist is a little bit off it..
And yes I think the only goal ahead of ighalos goal so far was the Goal scored by the Egyptian guy yesterday..
Ighalo was so close to keeper and still manged to score.
Im not even his fan since after World Cup goal miss

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:22pm On Jun 22, 2019
GodSaklek:
Many small teams a playing a surprise game against big teams, Zimbabwe heroic displays against Egypt,Uganda perfect performance against Congo,Burundi fine display against Nigeria, and now it's naby keita's Guinea 1 - 2 Madagascar, wonders shall never end,what concern me is that Rohr should bench mikel and always introduce him into the game when we have already won the game,and when all the players has already got tired,mikel should never be a starter for eagle anymore, akpeyi should never start for eagle again
Uganda is not a small Team now oga.. de have the best African goal keeper now Dennis onyago...Rohr should get his line up good play iwobi as AM...ighalo and musa should start... osimhen is better than onuachu...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:24pm On Jun 22, 2019
legitnow:
Media Abuse.

Ighalo score goal, yoruba leave Ighalo dey hail Aina backheel.

Nigeria media is lost in their hands.
u de craze...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by Reussite: 11:27pm On Jun 22, 2019
nepapole:
. This Norway vs Australia is even sweeter than Nigeria vs Burundi..
Wat a match!
Very interesting game to be honest. After all the over sabi of Sam Kerr they still lost to Norway on penalties & she missed hers.
I really wanted Australia to win but it's all good. wink
Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by Favor99(m): 11:33pm On Jun 22, 2019
legitnow:
Media Abuse.

And even the people here on nairaland are obsessing about the pass and forgetting the goal
Aina had such a wonderful splendid pass, greatest pass of all time what an amazing awesome assist, oh yea Ighalo had a respectable goal but All praise and 100% credit goes to Aina
During World Cup all attention was on a Musa when he scored the winning goal, no one even remembered the guy, who I believe was Victor Moses, who assisted Ahmed Musa

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 12:09am On Jun 23, 2019
Ighalo did well I’m surprised.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by Nobody: 12:14am On Jun 23, 2019
Bro u get sense. Common 1 goal and one match fa
amaniro:
Keep hyping nonsense. Common 1:0 for the "Giant of Africa "
Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by semyman: 12:59am On Jun 23, 2019
Mikel Obi has no business in that team
That guy has long past his prime
He is even overrated now
Living on past glory

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by olisaEze(m): 1:57am On Jun 23, 2019
olaBC007:
Stewpid OP don't know the difference between back heel pass and back pass embarassed

Until I watched the video clip, I didn’t know what he was talking about!
Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by OtemAtum: 2:00am On Jun 23, 2019
carterguccy:
Intial gragra undecided

Very soon we will start the usual permutations b4 we can qualify again... Super eaglet and gragra nah like bread and butter
We don't do permutations in Nations cup.
Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by Daguccizgreat(m): 3:01am On Jun 23, 2019
SultanOfAbia:
Ordinary Burundi una they feel like this

Did you watch the opening match bw Egypt and Zimbabwe?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by ZAWs: 3:13am On Jun 23, 2019
amaniro:

What was the score line of Egypt in front of thier own President/fans?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by MrMou: 3:21am On Jun 23, 2019
amaniro:
Guy, forget that thing. Na still this same 1:0 Nigeria go beat babas like Ivory Coast & Egypt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by IkUKU01(m): 3:54am On Jun 23, 2019
GodSaklek:
Many small teams a playing a surprise game against big teams, Zimbabwe heroic displays against Egypt,Uganda perfect performance against Congo,Burundi fine display against Nigeria, and now it's naby keita's Guinea 1 - 2 Madagascar, wonders shall never end,what concern me is that Rohr should bench mikel and always introduce him into the game when we have already won the game,and when all the players has already got tired,mikel should never be a starter for eagle anymore, akpeyi should never start for eagle again
my brother you de my mind
Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by Nobody: 5:11am On Jun 23, 2019
Had it been them draw una for dey yab them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by nengibo: 5:22am On Jun 23, 2019
pojophilius:
I don't want to see that onuachu guy again, the guy reminds me of sanogo angry angry angry
Yaya Sir no goal
Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by IgweBUIKE1(m): 5:23am On Jun 23, 2019
legitnow:
Media Abuse.

give it to the assist,,any other striker would have still score

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by abdulazeez1002(m): 5:28am On Jun 23, 2019
Ewedegubbler:
that tall lakwomi striker no follow at all.. was he recruited from herdsmen FC?
He was recruited from the Biafra republic
Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by sunsewa16: 6:06am On Jun 23, 2019
international football competition Don set now,no more Igbo or developers(iwobi) or brown roof/skull diggers (ola aina) everybody Don dey important, make una grow up,one love keep us together.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by MyGeneration(m): 6:29am On Jun 23, 2019
Did anyone notice how empty the stadium was during the match.

This says alot about Africa and the poverty level here.
Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by MyGeneration(m): 6:31am On Jun 23, 2019
IgweBUIKE1:
give it to the assist,,any other striker would have still score
that aina pass was the bomb

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by Livefreeordieha(m): 6:38am On Jun 23, 2019
jnrbayano:

This is the best Super Eagle's display against any side since they played vs Cot d Ivoire in 2013. If that game ended in a goaless draw, only a blind man who is a hater will discredit the boys. They won and you say?

Burundi boys were a very cohesive unit, very quick and super fit, it was clear for all to see. Their display deserve 3pts or worse case 1pt. They didn't put their foot wrong. Not more than 2 teams in the entire continent will be able to defeat Burundi if they played the way they did against Nigeria.

Then Rohr, he displayed his tactical nous by replacing Mikel and reverting to a 4-4-2 formation. The introduction of Musa injected new blood, while playing Iwobi in the hole between the no 9 and Ndidi/Etebo, those were simply genius tactical twicking...

Our boys were superlative. They played with so much hunger
God bless u for unbiased analysis..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by Livefreeordieha(m): 6:46am On Jun 23, 2019
mysportdab:
Fans have reacted on social media after a fantastic Back pass from left back Ola Aina set up Odion Ighalo for Nigeria's opening goal at the 2019 AFCON against Burundi, MySportDab reports.

Gernot Rohr's side, who are 89 places above Burundi in FIFA's world rankings, struggled for long periods intheir Group B opener at the Alexandria Stadium but sealed all three points in the 77th minute.

Odion Ighalo, introduced for Paul Onuachu just four minutes earlier, latched onto Ola Aina's wonderful back-heeled pass and coolly whipped the ball past Jonathan Nahimana.

Nigeria will hope to put in a vastly improved performance against Guinea on Wednesday, while Burundi face Madagascar a day later.

Fans on social media wrote;

"See as Ola Aina give backheel pass assist to Former Watford sabi boy Ighalo and him pop am."

Another wrote: "Dear Ighalo, All the sins you committed at the World Cup are now forgiven. Signed Nigerians."

Watch Video;
See;https://www.mysportdab.com/2019/06/afcon-2019-nigeria-1-0-burundi-fans.html

L
you can watch the back pass all day...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by Skseries: 6:54am On Jun 23, 2019
HARDBUOI:

The thin taya me.. grin
Even forcing man of the match on him..
Yeah he gave a good assist but the goal was top class because he was in a very tight situation.
Our brothers from the west grin
uncle, ighalo's job is to score goal, afterall he is a striker, Aina primary job is not to give assist reason he deserved praises for the back hill, doesn't take away the brilliance of the finish from ighalo, I just don't know why u guys must bring tribal to everything... We had 3 midfielders on that pitch and a defender was the one who made the assist that's the main point.. av been saying it, I don't know why Rhor went to a competition with 3 mid fielder's who are all primarily defensive, and he expects to score goals, the game changed for the better last night after iwobi went back to his number 10 free role. He was able to move around and string those short passes together. My man of the man is Samuel chukwueze, that lad did most of the work in first half might have over worked him self, he just need to work on his final balls. He was one reason the burundi defence couldn't just overlap carelessly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by Skseries: 6:59am On Jun 23, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
Uganda is not a small Team now oga.. de have the best African goal keeper now Dennis onyago...Rohr should get his line up good play iwobi as AM...ighalo and musa should start... osimhen is better than onuachu...
that's what we keep getting wrong, I feel the idea of deploying onuachu was for his height, he his tall so in can get into crosses, but that will have only worked if we had good crossers of the ball, how many crosses can we say was perfect yesterday? So I don't blame the guy, ighalo onuachu and osinme all have a different style of play and give flavour to the attack, I expected ighalo to start yesterday and mayb Paul in second half or osinme but then am impressed Rhor is bold enuf to tweek things now
Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by seyeoloruntola(m): 7:02am On Jun 23, 2019
Correct bro
Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by Nobody: 7:03am On Jun 23, 2019
amaniro:
Egypt manage win Zimbabwe 1:0
Guinea draw with Madagascar.
forget giant of Africa first match always dea tough

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by Eziokwugbaoto: 7:03am On Jun 23, 2019
That back heel tho .
The two defenders were waiting for Ola to either turn with the ball or pass it to the person in front of him but Ighalo don dey celebrate for their back grin
Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 23, 2019
Iamgrey5:
You people are never tired of being a tribalist

Even the supersport pundits rated the pass highly.

They called it a moment of magic.

Just move on with your lives already.

If I was the commentator, I would’ve reacted in similar manner.

The pass was BEAUTIFUL. Pls watch it again. The execution, the trajectory of the ball, the attempt and failure of the Burundian defender who stretched and couldn’t make contact with the ball and finally, Ighalo reaching the ball without being offside!!

That was a fantastic assist. Infact the assist was more beautiful than the goal. That was beautiful football right there.

One of the best assists I’ve seen from a super eagles player in recent years.

Even Iheanacho wouldn’t have missed scoring that from that angle and with his left foot.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by Skseries: 7:10am On Jun 23, 2019
Things am glad I saw at the match, am glad Rhor has gotten bold enuf cus av been skeptic about is tactical ability, the former Rhor won't have ever made a none injury forced change in 55min, baba always wait till 70min upwards, I don't think he would have ever been bold enuf to remove Mikel either, it was obvious Mikel was upset for being substituted, and old Rhor won't have started Paul over Ighalo. But thankfully he isn't being as predictable as before.. I feel super eagles problem is still that midfield, no creative midfielder. Iwobi is trying. But still not the solution, Ndidi is fantastic DM but he doesn't offer much going forward while etebo just have work rate but I havent seen him very creative at that middle, we need someone that can give passes that can take out 2 to 3 defenders and result in goals we still do alot of back passes..... And why is anyone not giving keeper credit for the saves he made, that guy is really very good, it's just those little jittery... And we really need to stop all this bashing we do wen players do t perform well. Come tomorrow ighalo missed a clear chance all this praises will go down... Players have bad days and bad game doesn't make them bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by indoorlove(m): 7:10am On Jun 23, 2019
jnrbayano:
I haven't seen anything better in a Nigerian shirt in the last 15years
I agreed completely. The touches, passes and great movement makes me wonder if I was actually watching an European players. It was superb... Need to work on the confidence of the keeper, though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) by Eziokwugbaoto: 7:12am On Jun 23, 2019
amaniro:
Oga commot that mentality for your head ooo.
Giant of Africa ,giant of africa na wetin kill Goliath oooo. You are the giant of Africa doesn't mean other countries are sleeping, they are probably working assiduously to overtake you and the most annoying part is that the so-called giant is the one taking a napgrin
When smaller teams square up against a bigger team they tend to be at their best and try to cause an upset but the ability of the bigger team to always grind out results is what makes them superior. The three points is the foremost priority. I prefer they score one one goals and get the three points than score ten in a match and get none or worse still even lose the next match. I know you'd also prefer the same unless....

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Reacts To His Defeat By Oleksandr Usyk (Photos, Video) / Man City To Be Stripped Of 2014 Premier League Title / Mikel Obi's Russian Girl Friend Posts Bed Time Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.