Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

See The Very Rich Biography Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See The Very Rich Biography Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu (2644 Views)

Advice To Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu (Open Letter) / Senator Bola Tinubu Unmasked..........a Must Read For All Nigerians / Sagay: Tinubu Already Very Rich Before He Became Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Very Rich Biography Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Antoeni(m): 9:59pm On Jun 22, 2019
FULL NAME: Bola Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu

DATE OF BIRTH: 29 March 1952 (age 67)

MARITAL STATUS: Married

INTRODUCTION

Bola Ahmed Tinubu was elected Senator for the Lagos West constituency in Lagos State, Nigeria in 1993, he also was elected governor of Lagos State (1999 – 2007). He is said to be among Nigeria's most successful politicians ever. He is currently the national leader of the ruling party in Nigeria, All Progressive Congress (APC).

EARLY LIFE AND BACKGROUND

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu was born in Lagos, Nigeria to the illustrious Tinubu Family of Lagos State. He attended Richard Daley College, Chicago Illinois, where he earned himself a place in the honors list of the College. He subsequently proceeded to the Chicago State University, Illinois where he obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (Accounting and Management).

During his undergraduate years, he was honored with the Outstanding Student’s Award, The University Scholar’s Award and the Certificate of Merit in Accounting and Finance.

On his arrival in the U.S. in 1975 and with the support of an ever-adoring mother, this courageous youth, faced with an unflinching zeal to succeed, took on such menial jobs as dishwashing, night-guard and cab-driving to see himself through the initial difficulties of school at the Richard Daley College, Chicago, Illinois.

The brilliance of this young Nigerian showed in his ability to make the honours’ list of Richard Daley College. He subsequently transferred to the Chicago State University, Illinois, graduating with honours in 1979 and earning a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (Accounting and Management). During his first year in Chicago State University, young Bola was given the rare privilege to partly teach other students of his Faculty remedial tutorial classes. Most of his colleagues and contemporaries at the university attributed their improved grades to his tutorial lectures.

Throughout his undergraduate years, young Bola was on the Dean’s List and was honoured with the Outstanding Student’s Award, the University Scholar’s Award and the Certificate of Merit in Accounting and Finance. He was also awarded the prestigious Sumna cum laude for scoring 3.54 out of possible 4.0 GP.

With his successful academic profile, young Bola contested and won his first political election as the President of the Accounting Society of the institution in his final year at the University.

Upon graduation with honours and several awards, Bola Tinubu cut his professional teeth at the American-based Arthur Anderson, Deloitte Haskins and Sells (now called Deloitte Haskins and Touche) and GTE Service Corporation - the largest Communication and Utility Company in the United States of America.

Meanwhile, at Deloitte Haskins and Sells, the young and professional Bola broadened his experience by participating in the auditing and management consultancy services of General Motors, First National Bank of Chicago, Procter and Gamble, International Harvester, GEC and other Fortune 500 firms.

CAREER AND LIFE

On his return to Nigeria and with his international experience in Financial Management, young Bola joined Mobil Producing Nigeria as a Senior Auditor before he retired as the company’s Treasurer.

As pragmatic, charitable, grassroots’ person, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu saw communal service as a veritable tool for social development. He never hesitated to serve his community spearheading several financial contributions and fund-raising for community development programmes in Lagos State. He leads Primrose Group, a political action organization pushing for fundamental changes in the politics of Lagos State.

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu opted fully for public service in exchange for his lucrative job at Mobil. His first foray into active politics was as a founding member of the defunct Social Democratic Party (SDP). In 1992, he was elected as an Honourable Senator of the Federal Republic Nigeria to represent Lagos West Senatorial District. At the National Assembly, he distinguished himself as the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Banking, Finance, Appropriation and Currency - a foremost committee of the Senate.

With the annulment of the June 12, 1993 Nigerian Presidential Election and the consequent fresh militarization of the Nigerian politics, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu became a founding member of the famous pro-democracy group, the National Democratic Coalition (NADECO) which, for several years, engaged the military for the very soul of Nigeria. Subsequently, Bola Tinubu suffered many arrests and detention, harassments and constant threats to his life forcing him to flee Nigeria for his personal safety. He, however, did not give up the struggle as he joined NADECO abroad to continue the agitation for a restoration of democratic governance and the rule in the country.

In 1998, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu returned to Nigeria to heed a call for all Nigerians to join in the National Reconciliation and Development. A year later, he began his two-term public service as an elected Executive Governor of Lagos State on the platform of the Alliance for Democracy (AD).

For his excellent performance as the Executive Governor of Lagos State of Nigeria (1999 – 2007), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu received several awards. These include Best Governor in Nigeria for Y2000 by the Nigerian-Belgian Chamber of Commerce; Y2002 Best Practices Prize in improving the living environment, awarded by the Federal Ministry of Works and the UN Habitat Group; Y2000 Best Computerized Government in Nigeria Award by the Computer Association of Nigeria. Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu was conferred with the Honorary Doctor of Law Degree by the Abia State University in recognition of his immense contribution to democracy, good governance and development of Nigeria. He is the proud recipient of numerous other chieftaincy titles and a patron of many professional and social organizations.

As an astute political strategist, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu survived the massive incursion of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the South Western States of Nigeria as the lone re-elected Governor of the Alliance for Democracy (AD). This led him on a regular collision course with the PDP-controlled Federal Government, especially on his creation of additional 37 Local Council Development Areas for Lagos States. A Supreme Court judgment in his favour stated that the Mr. Olusegun Obasanjo’s Federal Government should release the seized statutory allocation of the Lagos State Local Government funds.

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu was actively involved in the creation of the Action Congress (AC) political party as recourse to the decimated Alliance for Democracy (AD). Rallying like minds across the country, he sold sound ideals and programmes on this fresh and new political platform. Within a few months, he transformed this new party as the credible opposition to the PDP in the country.

His political career began in 1992, when he was elected to the Nigerian Senate representing the Lagos West constituency in the short-lived Nigerian Third Republic. After the results of the 12 June 1993 presidential elections were annulled, Tinubu became a founding member of the pro-democracy National Democratic Coalition (NADECO), which mobilized support for the restoration of democracy and recognition of the 12 June results. He went into exile in 1994 and returned to the country in 1998 after the death of military dictator Sani Abacha, which ushered in a transition to civilian rule.

In the run-up to the 1999 elections, Bola Tinubu was a protégé of Alliance for Democracy (AD) leaders Abraham Adesanya and Ayo Adebanjo. He won the AD primaries for the Lagos State gubernatorial elections in competition with Funsho Williams and Wahab Dosunmu, a former Minister of Works and Housing. In April 1999, he stood for the position of Executive Governor of Lagos State on the AD ticket and was elected.

Lagos State governor

When he assumed office in May 1999, Bola Ahmed Tinubu promised 10,000 housing units for the poor. During his eight-year period of office, he made large investments in education in the state. He also initiated new road construction, required to meet the needs of the fast-growing population of the state.

The Oloye Tinubu, alongside a new deputy governor, Femi Pedro, won re-election to office as Governor in April 2003. All other states in the South West fell to the People's Democratic Party.

He was involved in a struggle with the Federal government over whether Lagos State had the right to create new Local Council Development Areas (LCDAs) to meet the needs of its large population.

The controversy led to the Federal government seizing funds meant for local councils in the state. During the later part of his term in office, he was engaged in continuous clashes with PDP powers such as Adeseye Ogunlewe, a former Lagos State senator who became minister of works, and Bode George, southwest chairman of the PDP.

Relations between Bola Tinubu and deputy governor Femi Pedro became increasingly tense after Pedro declared his intention to run for the gubernatorial elections. Femi Pedro competed to become the AC candidate for governor in the 2007 elections, but withdrew his name on the eve of the party nomination. He defected to the Labour Party while still keeping his position as deputy governor. Tinubu's tenure as Lagos State Governor ended on 29 May 2007 when Babatunde Fashola of the Action Congress took office. Fashola had been Chief of Staff to Bola Tinubu.

Today, the great legacy of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is built on by his successor, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), who served as his Chief of Staff. Continuation of Tinubu’s outstanding policies makes the present administration of Lagos State an exceptional and the foremost Government in Nigeria.

The Jagaban Borgu still marches on in the political landscape of the country, with a resolve to take on any challenging task with positive public to reduce poverty among his people.

Following the victory by the People's Democratic Party (PDP) in the April 2007 elections, Bola Tinubu was active in negotiations to bring together the fragmented opposition parties into a "mega-party" capable of challenging the PDP in 2011. In July 2009, he called for implementation of electoral reforms spelled out in the Uwais report to ensure that the 2011 elections would be as free and fair as the elections of 1993 had been. In December 2009 there were reports that Babatunde Fashola and Bola Tinubu had fallen out over the issue of whether Fashola should run for reelection in 2011, with Tinubu said to be supporting the Commissioner for Environment, Muiz Banire, now National APC Legal adviser but later criticizing what he's a beneficiary.

Tinubu formed a new party alongside Muhammadu Buhari a party which was named All Progressive congress (APC). The goal was to build a stronger party to get rid of the ruling party PDP.

In 2015 Tinubu's target became a success as APC won the presidential elections and most of the polls across the country.

Tinubu is married to Oluremi Tinubu, the current Senator of central Lagos State. His youngest daughter, Abibat Tinubu, graduated from a Music college in Boston, Massachusetts, US in 2013.

Come, join me in celebrating a living legend, grassroots mobilizer, National leader, the custodian of our political history, astute politician, a political prophet and excellent personified. My prayer for him is that the Almighty God shall continue to protect him, grant him good health and prosper him more. I believe that through his leadership, Nigeria will not be the same, in handling unemployment, insecurity and economy crisis, Nigeria shall be great again.

3 Likes

Re: See The Very Rich Biography Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Antoeni(m): 10:01pm On Jun 22, 2019
Jagaban of Africa! He leads others follow.
Including Obasanjo

3 Likes

Re: See The Very Rich Biography Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Antoeni(m): 10:02pm On Jun 22, 2019
He has a brilliant and courageous track record. May God promote him to loftier heights.

2 Likes

Re: See The Very Rich Biography Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu by helinues: 10:05pm On Jun 22, 2019
Jagaban bogu

Slayer of GEJ, PDP and wailing wailers join together

4 Likes

Re: See The Very Rich Biography Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Antoeni(m): 10:09pm On Jun 22, 2019
From the way Things are going,Tinubu May Surpass Awolowo And Zik Combine
Re: See The Very Rich Biography Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu by freg2000: 1:51am On Jun 23, 2019
Look at the first lie in the first line of the write up. Tinubu was born in lagos; to whom and where, which hospital ? You people will not amount to anything in nation building if you keep on celebrating lies and half truth.

3 Likes

Re: See The Very Rich Biography Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Seetto: 3:24am On Jun 23, 2019
freg2000:
Look at the first lie in the first line of the write up. Tinubu was born in lagos; to whom and where, which hospital ? You people will not amount to anything in nation building if you keep on celebrating lies and half truth.
why don't you tell us where he was born, since you know better than the op, it will do you great...

2 Likes

Re: See The Very Rich Biography Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu by courage89(m): 3:52am On Jun 23, 2019
Nice
Re: See The Very Rich Biography Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu by aolawale025: 5:35am On Jun 23, 2019
Full of lies. The man is older than Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: See The Very Rich Biography Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu by SluttanSlayer: 8:14am On Jun 23, 2019
From the very first sentence, you are greeted with a lie.

Tinubu's life is a lie.

1 Like

Re: See The Very Rich Biography Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu by SluttanSlayer: 8:17am On Jun 23, 2019
Bola Ahmed Tinubu The Real-Life Keyser Söze
FeloniousFelon:
Reviewing the fictitious character known commonly as Bola Ahmed Tinubu, one cannot help but see parallels with the Hollywood character portrayed by Kevin Spacey in the movie Usual Suspects .

If you haven't seen this 90's crime action suspense drama then you probably never got to know all the skits in Ghost face killah's classic Iron Maiden album (I strongly recommend this for all real hip hop heads).

A heads up review of the Usual suspects movie revolves round the character of a career criminal who at trying to get out of the game eventually gets sucked back in by a very powerful legendary criminal overlord - Keyser Söze.

Kevin Spacey plays the highly suspended but leading role of a "cripple" who actually is the main protagonist who the director reveals at the last closing seconds of the movie.

As I said earlier, if you haven't seen the movie you won't understand why I am referencing Tinubu and Keyser Söze in this thread.

Keyser Söze just like Bola Ahmed Tinubu are both a myth - an invention of one man's identity to deceive and sway others to do his bidding.

Just like Keyser Söze, Bola Tinubu has the good luck of a naive bloc of followers who refused to see beyond the facade.

This is a man whose name, age, state of origin, paternity, ancestry, academic qualifications, social activism, Odua Agbekoyaism and claims to liberal progressiveness anchored on Awoism are all fake.

How did Bola Tinubu become the real life
Keyser Söze? Well he had a lot of help from the ever gullible SW plebs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gmQZtfx51k
Re: See The Very Rich Biography Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Bethel4Life(f): 8:49am On Jun 23, 2019
helinues:
Jagaban bogu

Slayer of GEJ, PDP and wailing wailers join together
only advantage ur getting fron tinubu is that he's from ur tribe... did u read the part where this article said that his last child graduated from d U.S? Stay there and be moocking others while these politicians are stealin our future and training their children overseas.. By the way,Tell me, are ur better than those ur mocking?

2 Likes

Re: See The Very Rich Biography Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Antoeni(m): 11:37am On Jun 23, 2019
THE GREATEST HUNTER OF HUMAN TALENTS IN NIGERIA TODAY. HE HUNTED ME DOWN MORE THAN 20 YEARS AGO. HIS NAME: ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU.
Re: See The Very Rich Biography Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Antoeni(m): 12:11pm On Jun 23, 2019
"I look for talents that are better than me. I'm not afraid to bring on board people with higher wisdom because the most important thing to me is to get the job done for the betterment of all. I don't wait till zero hour to discover the next person to do the job or the next job to be done, from the first hour, I find them. The second, third and forth are as important as the first.... Time waits for nobody.... Even the obstacles on my way, I predict them before those that will bring them will start to think about them, I plan for betrayal, I plan for backstabbing, I also plan for reunion and forgiveness long before they happen. In life, I expect nothing, I expect anything, I expect everything.... "

Bola Tinubu

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Very Rich Biography Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Zikora1000(f): 12:37pm On Jun 23, 2019
Story! The day he turn iragbiji his home town to umuchukwu like Godwin Maduka or Okija like Obi Jackson is the day I will start respecting him. Till then, Tinubu is an arsehole! It's, his attack dogs, start barking

1 Like

Re: See The Very Rich Biography Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu by Naijiant: 2:01pm On Jun 23, 2019
Dear Chief Tinubu,

The backpage of your The Nation of Tuesday 12 March where one of your Rottweilers under the FORGED name “Segun Ibirogba” wrote “Odumakin’s anxiety over vanishing feeding-bottles” has un-paused the button on this serial.

I have always wondered why these intellectual almajiris around you always attack me under fake names.It is either they are afraid of me or they don’t believe in you to risk their names doing the dirty job for you .Well,we know many of them hold worst views about you than us but for the free money they have been accustomed to from a Robbin Hood.

The piece referenced was a rehash of same old silly lies and freshly minted ones.In keeping faith with my resolve that for every dart of lie you guys throw in my direction ,I will return 10 bombs of truth I make this response.And for every line I write,I can say like Fela Anikulapo-Kuti “Na true I wan talk again o,if I dey lie o,make Edumare punish me o”.

Since you guys made a failed attempt to impugn my integrity ,I have chosen to use this edition to place your life side-by-side mine on the scale of integrity so we can know if your hen can point at the boil in a hawk’s eye.I intend to show that were it not that Nigeria has become Ceaser’s palace where the leper holds the veil,nobody in your circle should move near that subject.

I am Yinka Odumakin and nobody can say he had known me under any identity in my life .I have led a straight life unlike you that people know under different identities depending on where they met you in your about 80 years on earth .Yes,80!

Those of us who are knowledgeable about you cant buy your 66 claim for so many reasons .The current governor of Osun is the son of your immediate senior sister from Iragbiji and he is 63 while you are claiming 66. Your first wife died in Lagos recently unannounced at 74 .

When the son he had for you died many moths earlier his age had to be doctored to fit into the lie that you live. And there is a photograph of yours at the palace of Soun Ogbomoso in 1974 when the current monarch was installed with a bottle of beer and packet of cigarette in your front. You mean you were 20 when you were drinking and smoking in a palace ?

There is no school I have attended in my life that my classmates would not come out in droves to say “yeah, we were there together!”. From St Augustine Primary School, Ondo to CAC Grammar School, Edunabon and Oduduwa College Ile -Ife down to Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile -Ife and University of Ghana.

At your end St John Primary School Aroloya you claimed may be created by your new governor in Lagos. The old boys of Government College Ibadan were planning a reception for you when someone asked which set you belonged to .There has been no answer to that till date and the reception was cancelled. The tales by moonlight on Chigago State University and University of Chiicago are all over the place.

My parents are alive in Osun and by God’s grace I will give them a befitting burial. I will not have to send emissaries to bury them since I have not abandoned “moomi” (that’s how we Oyo people in Osun call mummy) to be calling another woman “maami” in Lagos to fit a life of lie and greed. No Mama HID Awolowo would have told me that she knew all the children of “maami ” and that I was not one of them.

My parents are not rich but I am proud of them because it is from their black pot that my white palp has come out. I say proudly among my University mates today that they could not afford more than N60 per month for me throughout my University days .The story of grass to grace is a proud thing among the Yoruba. MKO Abiola was proud of the story that he ate egg for the first time in his life in the home of Simbiat Abiola’s parents.

With the modest means of my parents, they instilled so much values in me that there is no crime attached to my name in all my years on earth. Forging traveling passports had never appealed to me. Neither has my name been linked to a narcotic ring leading to inquiry and forfeiture of assets. All my life, my hands have provided for me. And they have provided for you too.

I recall when you returned from exile in 1998 and running for governor. You were not “Ezeego” then. You had only the Sunday Adigun house and all the four cars you used then belonged to Mr Ganiyu Solomon. There were a lot of printings being done for you by your friends at The News. I saw the price you were being offered and I told you my press could do it at 40%. I delivered and saved you 60%. I recall Mr Babafemi Ojodu complained openly that they could not do the price I offered you !

That should tell you and your attack dogs that I have always separated the cause I believe in from what I would eat unlike you who always mix the two. You pose as a June 12 hero today but Kola Abiola is alive to tell the story of what happened to MKO’s money as Bashorun is no longer alive. In 20 years, there is hardly any boundary between Lagos treasury and your private pockets. Your “O to ge” moment is coming some day and all the dirty deals will be out.

Like a rapist, you can tell your victims to shout “O to pe” for as long as stolen funds and drug money rule Lagos politics.

I have noticed that because you and your followers have no abiding principle and you are driven by only lust for money, you assume it is so for everybody. Your being glued to the lowest of all spirits (money) makes it difficult for you to make the right judgement about people thinking they are all about money. Was it that you didn’t have money when I told you in December 2006 that it was over between us politically? Have I ever looked in your direction ever? There are men who may not be able to give N10,000 to a cause but if they say they want to see me at 8AM I would be there at 7. Can you summon me with all your bullion vans?

I recall how you said to me in 2006 about Senator Tokunbo Afikuyomi and I quote you “Adiye ni Tokunbo, yin agbado fun a pada” (Tokunbo is a fowl, throw corns and it is U-turn). Has he not turned his back at you today? You don’t have “corns ” again? This was the man who was your fall guy when you made all the forgeries in 1999. He was among the team that went to bury your biological mother in Iragbiji when you could not show your face, has his exit not shown you there are men who place value on principle than money?

I have lived my political life on the basis of the fact that an adversary today can be an ally tomorrow and vice versa. I am not beholden to any person outside the core beliefs we share. One of the men I had an open disagreement with was President Obasanjo and when we reconciled it was an open thing. That differentiates me from you who walk both sides of the streets simultaneously. You were with NADECO and also in bed with Abacha through whom you forged friendship with the Chagourys who are your business partners till date.

The political buffoons around you would hold you out as an anti-third term person today but you know what happened between us on May 2, 2006. We had a meeting at Airport Hotel in Lagos where you were dictating the communique against third term unknown to participants you were at a meeting till wee hours of that morning to work third term in another way.

I was reading the communique to the press when you called me. I gave the phone to the late Rev Tunji Adebiyi but you told him you wanted to speak with me. We didn’t get to talk till late in the night. I had with me in the car as you spoke with me from VGC to Ikeja then President of Egbe Omo Yoruba in North America, Mr Odusanya. Let me quote you verbatim :

“I hope you have not released that communique. We need to manage this third term carefully. Obasanjo is a blind cat. If he causes problem now and they kill one Yoruba graduate in Kano and we kill 200 people selling onions in mile 12 it is not equal. I am therefore proposing that we have a win-win situation. Instead of outright third term we can have the confab recommendation of one six-year tenure starting with the incumbent having 2 extra years and so with we the governors. We can use the two years to empower people like you and handover to one of you. I have asked General Alani Akinrinade to come and I am going to meet Prof Soyinka to discuss it. I want you to think about it”

I told you as a matter of fact that the proposition was unreasonable and there was nothing for me to think about as I would prefer outright third term where we would have elections to automatic two years extension. But my eyes were opened to how unreliable you are that night. Here was a man dictating communique against third term in the morning having this conversation with me at night.

I made up my mind on you that night. The conversation I had with you minutes after Funso Williams was killed and the way you handled your your succession made me to severe political links with you within six months .

…More to come.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157460709647841&id=595332840
Re: See The Very Rich Biography Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu by SluttanSlayer: 2:16pm On Jun 23, 2019
The conversation I had with you minutes after Funso Williams was killed and the way you handled your your succession made me to severe political links with you within six months .

Ol boy, Odumakin is keeping some of his bombs for the future.

(1) (Reply)

Ganduje Commissions ‘Biggest’ Filling Station In Nigeria (Photos) / Ijaw Man's Letter To His People To Open Their Eyes / Edo 2020: Gunshots Rock Jattu As Philip Shaibu's Thugs Go On Rampage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.