Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,972 members, 7,810,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) (16999 Views)

Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days / Enough Of Fulani Domination In Ilorin – Kasumu, Afonja Union President-general / 'Tinubu The Afonja': Reno Omokri Blasts Tinubu For Insulting Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by LebenNG: 10:11pm On Feb 02, 2021
Iamgrey5:
please go above your SS3 class and make more research.

Thanks.
Uncle i dont do wikipedia edits like you do, even textbooks are compilation of facts. if you doubt, then you should be ashamed that you are even edicated. there are diffent types of media, print, visual and audio media. i know you don't know. Its okay, not all Afonja kids are that grounded. So pls forgive my intellectual contributions and deviation, can we continue about the cowardly acts of your people?
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by LebenNG: 10:12pm On Feb 02, 2021
Iamgrey5:

Thanks.
Uncle i dont do wikipedia edits like you do, even textbooks are compilation of facts. if you doubt, then you should be ashamed that you are even educated. there are diffent types of media, print, visual and audio media. i know you don't know. Its okay, not all Afonja kids are that grounded. So pls forgive my intellectual contributions and deviation, can we continue about the cowardly acts of your people?
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by LebenNG: 10:14pm On Feb 02, 2021
Iamgrey5:

Thanks.
Uncle i dont do wikipedia edits like you do, even textbooks are compilation of facts. if you doubt, then you should be ashamed that you are even educated. there are diffent types of media, print, visual and audio media. i know you don't know. Its okay, not all Afonja kids are that grounded. So pls forgive my intellectual contributions and deviation, can we continue about the cowardly acts of your people?. Nah don't thank me, for what?
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by LebenNG: 10:18pm On Feb 02, 2021
Gabriel004:
grin, you get time. No be people wey sell aba made fighter jet to US army again. Believe them, on your own. Well maybe they resisted by declaring fasting and prayers as we have known them for. cheesy
Our innovations no matter how small can pain u pple to the stomach. well i don't know any toy you guys have ever discovered since amala. *giggling*.
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by LebenNG: 10:20pm On Feb 02, 2021
MKULTRA:
I see so much bitterness and pain on this thread from peeps of the other side of niger. grin grin grin

Ok at least the yorubas got some history to show (if you got some written history thats an evidence of civilization)

Some guy made a pretty bad alliance with an overzealous expanding empire (sokoto caliph) because of his taste for power which turned out to be a grave move.

Mind you we have seen this act many times before in history

Example was stalin which he made an alliance with the nazis and then it turned out to be a grave move for the Soviets but luckily they were able to recover and rest was history.

Many empires have made pretty bad mistakes and they moved on even stronger.

But my question is this, do our bittered peeps from the other side of the Niger have history to show when all this were going on.

Oh sorry I guess we found some of their rare history.
hahah, better this than being beaten like a child in your ancestral land.
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by Iamgrey5(m): 10:24pm On Feb 02, 2021
LebenNG:

Mr copy and paste, i wonder if u even crossed secondary school. Thats just basics, u failed. pick another mention.
Please stop disturbing me with your secondary school education level.

When you are ready to make reasonable arguments based on well researched Peer reviewed article, please don't hesitate to mention me.
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by LebenNG: 10:25pm On Feb 02, 2021
Donald95:

At least even during Biafran war, The combination of USSR , Egypt, Britain couldn't defeat Them, they had to block off our food source and destroy our farms.

So. when we tell you that we fought British in late 1800s, we mean real war.

Read more here https://www.nairaland.com/3314515/biafran-technology-inventions-display-umuahia
Don't mind them, small number of fulani came in the night, but hijacked their land in the morning, not even an enduring time of struggle.No wonder they say the average yoruba can fear even what is not known.
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by LebenNG: 10:25pm On Feb 02, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Please stop disturbing me with your secondary school education level.

When you are ready to make reasonable arguments based on well researched Peer reviewed article, please don't hesitate to mention me.
Uncle fslc holder, i have a post degree, so shut up and listen when you are schooled. run along.
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by Iamgrey5(m): 10:31pm On Feb 02, 2021
LebenNG:

Uncle fslc holder, i have a post degree, so shut up and listen when you are schooled. run along.
i can see you have a "post degree" with way you type like a secondary school student Just learning how to use computer for the very first time.

Next time, pick on someone with your lackluster understanding of history.
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by LebenNG: 10:35pm On Feb 02, 2021
Iamgrey5:
i can see you have a "post degree" with way you type like a secondary school student Just learning how to use computer for the very first time.

Next time, pick on someone with your lackluster understanding of history.
hahahaha shift jo, your session has ended, next.
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by Pearlyakin(m): 10:37pm On Feb 02, 2021
LebenNG:

it does not hide the fact your a celebrated slave, channel your outbursts to your ancestors that failed you, i know how u feel.
I don't reply an Osu slave from erosion ravage region, scavenging on a dead thread.
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by christistruth01: 10:43pm On Feb 02, 2021
LebenNG:

hahah, better this than being beaten like a child in your ancestral land.

The ruler of Ilorin when the British arrived was a Yoruba man Called Balogun Alanamu.

The last Emir Momoh had been defeated by the Yoruba Chiefs and had burnt himself alive inside his Palace

Ilorin has Fulani Presence only because the British reimposed the defeated Emir on Ilorin around 1897

Before that Balogun Yoruba (Inakoju Alanamu) was the actual ruler of Ilorin.

The Emir had been deposed by the Ilorin Yoruba Chiefs before the British arrived.

Balogun Alanamu fought the British and was exiled to Jebba after the British defeated him.

It was the British that reinstaled an Emir in Ilorin after the defeat of Balogun Yoruba Inakoju Alanamu due to Political Pressure from Northern Emirs .

The Emir of Ilorin had been defeated and deposed by the Ilorin Yoruba Chiefs before the British arrived.

The British left at Independence after an agreement was made to have a referendum Kwara State.

The Post independence Government of Balewa and Azikiwe frustrated that referendum by not carrying out the Kwara referendum which should have happened at the same time as the Midwest referendum in order to cripple Awolowo and his Party Politically after Awolowo had been jailed in 1962

Balewa and Azikiwe also didn't Carry out the other referendums agreed with the British before independence meant for the Eastern and Northern Minority Ethnic groups.

Ilorin still has an Emir because of Colonial and Tribal Politics

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.facebook.com/africanhistoryarchive/posts/2836538496578793&ved=2ahUKEwi00abzlczuAhW-RBUIHZ_VB3UQFjAEegQICRAH&usg=AOvVaw1Su9A7msUvY5crdlQKe4xU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by LebenNG: 8:23am On Feb 03, 2021
AgentNairaland:

No mind Afonja for allowing them
no mind dem, fulani conquered north and west, but not eadt. Ain't we just the formidable. Let them keep shouting osu upandan, that was cultural which has been sanctioned. Theirs is not only cultural, its economical and political. Which of them have the balls now to reclaim ilorin now. If aboki no bring pepper, them no fit chop ewedu their own indigenous food oo, lazy things. No wonder they sing their praises all day long.
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by LebenNG: 8:24am On Feb 03, 2021
Pearlyakin:

I don't reply an Osu slave from erosion ravage region, scavenging on a dead thread.
One who does not even know his father, is it not high time you people remodel that isp camp in ibadan by changing those disgusting brown roofs, we are no longer in the afonja times.
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by Rikov(m): 9:07am On Feb 03, 2021
Donald95:

https://www.goodbooksafrica.com/2019/03/the-true-and-sad-story-of-how-afonja.html?m=1

More reason why the Fulani led government decided to delete history from our curriculum. Coz they know history will always be against them
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by Pearlyakin(m): 9:36am On Feb 03, 2021
LebenNG:

One who does not even know his father, is it not high time you people remodel that isp camp in ibadan by changing those disgusting brown roofs, we are no longer in the afonja times.
Find another thing to say, what you are saying is stale already grin cheesy
Disgruntled fool, scavenging on a dead thread.
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by Pearlyakin(m): 9:43am On Feb 03, 2021
christistruth01:

The ruler of Ilorin when the British arrived was a Yoruba man Called Balogun Alanamu.

The last Emir Momoh had been defeated by the Yoruba Chiefs and had burnt himself alive inside his Palace

Ilorin has Fulani Presence only because the British reimposed the defeated Emir on Ilorin around 1897

Before that Balogun Yoruba (Inakoju Alanamu) was the actual ruler of Ilorin.

The Emir had been deposed by the Ilorin Yoruba Chiefs before the British arrived.

Balogun Alanamu fought the British and was exiled to Jebba after the British defeated him.

It was the British that reinstaled an Emir in Ilorin after the defeat of Balogun Yoruba Inakoju Alanamu due to Political Pressure from Northern Emirs .

The Emir of Ilorin had been defeated and deposed by the Ilorin Yoruba Chiefs before the British arrived.

The British left at Independence after an agreement was made to have a referendum Kwara State.

The Post independence Government of Balewa and Azikiwe frustrated that referendum by not carrying out the Kwara referendum which should have happened at the same time as the Midwest referendum in order to cripple Awolowo and his Party Politically after Awolowo had been jailed in 1962

Balewa and Azikiwe also didn't Carry out the other referendums agreed with the British before independence meant for the Eastern and Northern Minority Ethnic groups.

Ilorin still has an Emir because of Colonial and Tribal Politics

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.facebook.com/africanhistoryarchive/posts/2836538496578793&ved=2ahUKEwi00abzlczuAhW-RBUIHZ_VB3UQFjAEegQICRAH&usg=AOvVaw1Su9A7msUvY5crdlQKe4xU
I've explained this several times to those Osu from erosion ravage region but they are dumb and full of hate so they can't comprehend.

2 Likes

Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by LebenNG: 8:26pm On May 09, 2021
Pearlyakin:

Find another thing to say, what you are saying is stale already grin cheesy
Disgruntled fool, scavenging on a dead thread.
overfed fool... especially one with no direction... no wonder you scream attention like a baby denied his toys.
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by Pearlyakin(m): 5:29pm On May 11, 2021
LebenNG:

overfed fool... especially one with no direction... no wonder you scream attention like a baby denied his toys.
This old fool is back, mumu boy
Re: Rare History; Between Afonja And Alaafin Aole And The Curse On Yoruba (picture) by brainbox80: 6:38pm On May 11, 2021
Southeast nor dey burn, forget those over hyped paper things. I just returned from Orlu, where I've been working for about 3 weeks now to Lagos. While not read and understand the article well. Learn to be a good student -- know your true history.

Unik3030:
two igbo fools deceiving themselves here meanwhile south east is burning but they don't care. they are only concerned about south west n tinubu

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bomb Defused In Imo / "My Stressful PVC Registration Experience In Lagos, INEC Not Ready" - Lady / Abdullahi Abubakar Maiwanka Flees With Mace In Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.