Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,799 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match (36228 Views)

Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? / England Coach Gareth Southgate Snubs Tammy Abraham Again / Phil Neville: Paul Pogba Is The Best Midfielder In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by mysportdab: 5:54am On Jun 24, 2019
England Coach Phil Neville was left furious with Cameroon for the way they conducted themselves during the 3-0 triumph in the Women’s World Cup round of 16, MySportDab reports.

This should have been a match where Neville praised his players for cruising into the quarter-finals, but instead it was the losing side that stole the headlines.

The drama started not long after the first whistle when Nikita Parris looked like she was elbowed by Yvonne Leuko.

There was no use of VAR here, but the offender was booked.

Not long after Toni Duggan appeared to be spat on by Augustine Ejangue, although it must be said it seemed unintentional.

Steph Houghton gave the Lionesses the lead from a well worked indirect free kick, Ellen White got her fourth World Cup goal on the stroke of half-time.

The goal was at first chalked off but VAR checks ensureit stood to the dismay of Cameroon.

Their players were so furious after watching the replay on the big screen, they refused to play causing a delay to the restart.

“It didn’t feel like football, I’ve got to be honest,” he told the BBC.

“I know we get these briefs about coming on TV and saying it was a good win.

“We played okay, we passed the ball well, we were ruthless in attack and we are ready to play in the quarter-final.

“But I’ve got to say that wasn’t football for me. That wasn’t a World Cup last 16 in terms of the behaviour I want to see from footballers.”

The former Manchester United and Everton player clearly felt aggrieved at the way Cameroon conducted themselves, claiming it damaged the image of the women’s game.

Watch Video;
See;https://www.mysportdab.com/2019/06/women-world-cup-england-coach-phil.html

2 Likes

Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by mysportdab: 5:55am On Jun 24, 2019
Fans React, Video HERE

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by decatalyst(m): 6:06am On Jun 24, 2019
For me, this VAR of a thing makes the game less enjoyable due to the incessant stops.

The referees would become lazy and they will rely too much on VAR to make decisions.

The game would experience too many stop, there causing headache for the supporters and viewers.

I suggest that referees should be limited to number of times they can consult VAR to make a decision, just like coaches are confined to 3 substitutions in order to change the tide of the game.

115 Likes 7 Shares

Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by ebuk4real(m): 6:09am On Jun 24, 2019
Africa's crime from time immemorial is simply because they're black. Soon, this blackness will torment the whites, that's if we, Africans, FIRST take ourselves serious.

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by reccy(m): 6:10am On Jun 24, 2019
The goal is not an offside... But the girls are too emotional.

16 Likes

Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by CosmicPhoenix: 6:18am On Jun 24, 2019
are there not other sports where africans dominate,when something doesnt favour you,you start pulling the race card

[s]
ebuk4real:
Africa's crime from time immemorial is simply because they're black. Soon, this blackness will torment the whites, that's if we, Africans, FIRST take ourselves serious.
[/s]

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by Rednaxelot: 6:20am On Jun 24, 2019
ebuk4real:
African crime is mental laziness and too much reliance on white for survival

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by dfrost: 6:39am On Jun 24, 2019
angry
Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by kullozone(m): 6:39am On Jun 24, 2019
I can't pretend I love this our Africa... I just Kan't!

smiley
Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by Mufasa27(m): 6:40am On Jun 24, 2019
England is not going to win the cup anyway, their next match is against norway and we all know how ruthless the Gresshoppene can be grin

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by helinues: 6:41am On Jun 24, 2019
Shut up Phil

It is high time Africa should boycott any thing relating to world cup.. Football, Rugby or whatever.

Let the Europeans be playing among themselves

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by 3rdavefarms(m): 6:42am On Jun 24, 2019
Ball missives

Mean while today is my Birthday show me Goalsss grin

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by cinoedhunter: 6:43am On Jun 24, 2019
Instead of those girls to break some white legs , them dey cry... angry

11 Likes

Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by tsinzu: 6:43am On Jun 24, 2019
cinoedhunter:
Instead of those girls to break some legs , then dey cry... angry

Lol grin

4 Likes

Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by Ernerstdavid55(m): 6:44am On Jun 24, 2019
decatalyst:
For me, this VAR of a thing makes the game less enjoyable due to the incessant stops.

The referees would become lazy and they will rely too much on VAR to make decisions.

The game would experience too many stop, there causing headache for the supporters and viewers.

I suggest that referees should be limited to number of times they can consult VAR to make a decision, just like coaches are confined to 3 substitutions in order to change the tide of the game.
dem no go see dis this suggestion if na to the arrest people upandan like effcc dem go come out like buhari

1 Like

Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by nairalee(m): 6:46am On Jun 24, 2019
There should be a law commanding The Neville Brothers (Gary and Phil) to forever SHUT UP

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by EngrMcDon(m): 6:47am On Jun 24, 2019
E don happen again, another 3 kondo for Africa. But why always 3:0?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by Casemiro(m): 6:49am On Jun 24, 2019
that's what they did to super falcons of Nigeria. They always cheat Nigeria and other African countries at international levels!

They should just cancel World Cup!

wihite man dey your dey make black man dey my dey!

nonsense and VAR ojoro

angry

4 Likes

Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by anonymous96: 6:53am On Jun 24, 2019
What those Cameroonians did was embarrassing... Whining like little girls because decisions went against them..Offside is binary. It is either you are off or you are not.. The cameroonian player was off.. it was tight but she was off..
When lingard had a similarly tight call against Netherlands he didn't whine or play the victim..Not everything has to do with race or oppression.. Cameroon got away with a lot of things in that game. Elbowing an opposition,spitting on a player,pushing the referee and a penalty..

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:55am On Jun 24, 2019
The Cameroonians conclusion is that VAR is a Liar grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by Agugbadin: 6:55am On Jun 24, 2019
ebuk4real:

Stop this race card, women football in Africa is not developed, check out females from other continent, they are very elastic, Nigeria falcons are the laziest always looking for luck to qualify from one stage to anotherl

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by ddeola: 6:57am On Jun 24, 2019
As a player, he didn't make it big so ignore him. undecided undecided undecided undecided

That's the game plan when the so-called VAR is on their side undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by Agp19(m): 6:58am On Jun 24, 2019
I don't know if is only me seeing this ooo..but this var stuff has never been in favour of Africa team in this tournament.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by Nobody: 6:58am On Jun 24, 2019
I think Africa, women and Arabs should be banned from international football. They are too sentimental, emotional and always feel the world is against them.
One fool from Cameroon spat on an English player imagine if it was the white girl who spat on a black opponent. Another almost broke the leg of a player that was not even in possession of the ball, the girl fell right at the feet of the Cameroonian coach and all he did was step over her. Cameroon women are a disgrace and shouldn't ever be shown on a live TV

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by martineverest(m): 6:58am On Jun 24, 2019
hypocrites..same English people were lamenting the treatment of super falcons against France..they are now criticising Cameroonians after being give French treatment

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by Adeniyii2017: 6:58am On Jun 24, 2019
It’s normal.. emotion is bound to erupt.

Access to all the materials you need for Data Science, Web Development, and Software Development 40.5GB
You can also get this for your loved ones that are interested in programming. They’ll appreciate it.

See thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/5261075/get-all-materials-needed-data
Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by virginboy1(m): 6:59am On Jun 24, 2019
VAR is not meant for Africans... undecided

1 Like

Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:00am On Jun 24, 2019
What goes around comes around.
Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by nepapole(m): 7:00am On Jun 24, 2019
i dont like VAR...
IMO: decisions should not be perfect or near perfect. That's what makes the game sweeeeeeet..

2 Likes

Re: World Cup: England Coach Phil Neville Blasts Cameroon Team Over Crying In Match by Agp19(m): 7:01am On Jun 24, 2019
decatalyst:

seriously making the game less entertaining. Assuming the Cameroonian goal was allow the game would have take a different dimension

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Harry Kane Proposes To Katie Goodland, His Baby Mama, During A Family Holiday / Tokyo2020: Blessing Okagbare Provisionally Suspended For Failed Drug Test / FC Ifeanyi Ubah Players Wore Native Attire For Their FA Cup Trophy Parade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.