Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,121 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad (17960 Views)

How Can A Single Guy Manage ₦‎25k Salary In Port Harcourt? / Steps To Create Multiple Streams Of Income For Yourself - My Experience / Why You Need To Find A 2nd Source Of Income After Your Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by niyi123: 4:29pm On Jun 24, 2019
Please is it possible for me to get the money in my pension fund account, I have left my job over two years now and have some amount with the pension fund administrator.
I am not in any pensionable service for now, is it possible to request for withdrawal of the money or it is not possible.

I am just in my early 30's, do I have to wait till I am 50.

Anyone with idea on how to go about it, should kindly share with me.

Thanks.
Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by Keywordconcept(m): 4:37pm On Jun 24, 2019
Listen to the Op
Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by ayzone: 5:15pm On Jun 24, 2019
niyi123:
Please is it possible for me to get the money in my pension fund account, I have left my job over two years now and have some amount with the pension fund administrator.
I am not in any pensionable service for now, is it possible to request for withdrawal of the money or it is not possible.

I am just in my early 30's, do I have to wait till I am 50.

Anyone with idea on how to go about it, should kindly share with me.

Thanks.

U can get 25% of ur contribution after 6months of idleness from ur pension manager...
Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by bluefilm: 5:19pm On Jun 24, 2019
Wealthierboy:
Yes o brother.. That's why I'm planing to do yahoo yahoo for side hustling

Once my woman pay I stop my government work instantly

What is 30k when my woman go fit pay 100,000 dollars

Karma is already at your door.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by anjilgreat(f): 6:50pm On Jun 24, 2019
sallazlee:
nice one op
please what type of side hustle can you referral. it nor easy to save money

Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by Help4rmme2u(m): 7:43pm On Jun 24, 2019
Chukalemon:
I just need an internet businesse the one that I can feel comfortable at. I am tired of hustle

I engage in series of online business and has been paying till date...

Let me drop this here for interested peeps..
https://successful-innovation.biz/?ref=sylva2019
WhatsApp me for proof of payments
Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by Ijawwomaninoyo: 8:19pm On Jun 24, 2019
Knownking:
i think 850,000# is enough for a month.

if u spend wisely

Not foolishness that won't make the money last, DEMANDS! If you were living in a face me I face you house at Maroko, you MUST leave to a better place and that will cost you more money.
Cost of food at Maroko will not be the same thing. 6 tomatoes sell for N500 at Ajah Estate gates. If your place of work is close to that area, you don't have another option.
Do you know NEPA brings bills of over 15k to some people monthly?
Do you know some people spend minimum N500 on transport per day?
Gen and petrol nko?
If you have parents, will they ask for money but you refuse to give?
What about harbouring your siblings, feeding and paying school fees.What about buying clothes for yourself and your family?
If you have your own family, you will start to feed mouths and pay school fees.
The demand is endless if you earn such an amount and worse still, you are a first born.
Our money is devalued, hence all these.
Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by Ijawwomaninoyo: 8:24pm On Jun 24, 2019
maybachmusic:

Spent like 500k last week

So when I see posts like his own i just laugh

What's 850k just 2200$ or so undecided

No be Nigeria where dem dey refer to Corolla owner as Billionaire?

1 Like

Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by Vision4God: 8:30pm On Jun 24, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

Don't say that, your demand will be high. Will you go and rent an apartment at Ajegunle? Will you still be hopping Okada? Will you still be patronising bend down boutiques? Will you still be eating at buka or eatery? Will your parents and siblings not demand? The more you have,the higher your demand and the more you spend.
Billionaires go broke!

U spoke my mind.

4yrs ago, my bro was part of a team Dat did a contract job for a staff of an international agency, whose Sal per month was about 1.8m (tgey downsized and he was affected). Saving grace is his income then were all invested (professional training, school, and printing business are few amongst his investments, he is so cool now enjoying returns from his investment.
If he was foolish not to have had side hustle, his name would have changed to poverty

1 Like

Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by CooldudeX1: 9:36pm On Jun 24, 2019
I know a side hustle you can do without leaving your job.It's called copy trade. All you need to do is to link your account to that of a professional forex trader, when the traders places a trades on his account the same trade will appear on your account, while the trader charges a certain % of profit monthly. Pm me for more info

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by Nobody: 12:55am On Jun 25, 2019
virginboy1:
Insightful thread...one of the worst side hustle is playing betting..bet9ja don chop quarter of ma salary already... cry

Lemme try that afflilate marketing if it will pay. smiley

On the contrary, Saving money in Nigeria is very difficult I swear..You will be jejely saving your money in peace & get a call from village saying *"Obinna,send money for
hospital, grandmama swallow razor"* embarassed cry

Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by Poorboy: 3:33am On Jun 25, 2019
obamartins:

There are Very few jobs that can pay 400k a month, but with the Internet, 400k is achievable. No need to go into crime just take advantage of videos on youtube to horn ur skill and people will demand for it. I moved from 16k a month to between 300k to 400k every month. Don't wait for things to happen, it's a rat race in this country and to survive you must think differently. The millions is in your laptop connected to the Internet. Not yahoo yahoo o. Get Skills that white folks will be ready to pay for ur service. A friend of mine just 25 earns over 800k working on fiverr, upwork and he is also a self publisher on kdp. Please Nigerian youths, u only have one life, think outside the box and earn something decent, take advantage of the cyberspace. My 2cent.
I for like learn ooo, what's the way.
Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by Ajibade123(m): 8:32am On Jun 25, 2019
side hustle is very important check this out for list of side hustle you might want to consider
https://explicitsuccess.com/9-to-5-job-alternatives/
Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by richie240: 12:12pm On Jun 25, 2019
Writercruze:

But your salary will never make you rich. It will only cater to your basic daily needs.

Don't be fooled by motivational speakers who told you things they can't practice.

If Your Employer Sacks You Today, Where Will You Start From?

Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by Uhiflourish(m): 2:39pm On Jun 25, 2019
Joromi12:
95% of side hustles crash. The people you put there go chop and ruin u. Leave trash for lawma

This is not true all the time. This can only happen if the person in question fail to acquire enough facts and learned skills concerning that side hustle. Most times, mismanagement is always the case.
Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by MrAlert(m): 6:29pm On Jun 25, 2019
LOSKYXANDER:
This advice is not for multinational oil company staff grin. If my salary as a fresh graduate is 850k per month, any day that I complain that I am broke before month end give me beta beating angry
True. But such jobs are not available for everyone. So its better to get something doing on d side.
Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by MrAlert(m): 6:33pm On Jun 25, 2019
Last last, na internet save us!
Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by whiterat(m): 1:19am On Jun 26, 2019
Why not like and follow us on facebook ( web.facebook.com/white.albino.labrat ) to learn and become an albino/white/lab rat breeders.......as it is the most lucrative and easiest animals rearing that people neglected

Email: thankgodfarms@gmail.com
facebook: web.facebook.com/white.albino.labrat

Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by Ghanaian(m): 5:02pm On Jun 27, 2019
upwork is making people happy

Approval of all upwork Account
Setup of New upwork profile to get approved immediately within 30mins.
Creating of upwork US, Uk and Canada and other countries account 30mins.

Also Get 3years NORD PREMIUM/UNLIMITED VPN (Just 3users remaining)

We also run training for those that wants to be Creative Writer

Call or whatsapp
Re: Why Relying On A Single Source Of Income Is Bad by Alejobs: 11:55am On Jul 25, 2019
If you go in a hurry, coming back may be slow and painful

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. / Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? / Nutritionist/dietitians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.