Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an (3062 Views)

Nigerian "Apostle" Marries 9 Women, Plans 11 More / 11 More Contradictions / 101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by nossycheek(f): 9:48am On May 09, 2007
The Quran, with its many ambiguous statements, is an ideal scripture to find contradictions. At the same time, its ambiguity provides a good opportunity for Muslims to find some explanation or the other to negate a contradiction. The innumerable repetitions and frequent appearance of irrelevant verses make the CONTEXT-finding task indeed difficult. One would expect a scripture to be organized in some logical manner to enable people to understand it better. Unfortunately the Quran, often projected by Muslims as the FINAL TESTAMENT from God, fails in this criterion too.

"Better than a thousand verses devoid of meaning is a single meaningful verse
which can bring tranquility to the one who hears it"

Dhammapada, 101

1. Embryonic Sex Determination
    One of the references on human reproduction which Muslims often quote from the Quran is verse 53:45-46.

(53:45-46)   
"That He did create the pairs - male and female from a sperm-drop* (nutfah) when lodged (in its place)" (75:38-39)   
"Was he not a drop of sperm emitted (in lowly form)? Then did he become a leech-like clot; then did (Allah) make and fashion (him) in due proportion. And of him He made the sexes, male and female" **
    **    This view is further supported by this Hadith: "When 42 nights have passed over the drop (nutfah), Allah sends an Angel to it, who shapes it and make its ears, eyes, skin, flesh and bones. Then he says, "O Lord, is it male or female?" and your Lord decides what He wishes" (Hadith, Muslim, Book 33, No. 6392)

2. Width of the Garden
    There is a clear discrepancy with reference to the width of the Paradise or Garden in the Quran. Verse 3:133 says that it is all the heavens (Samawath: plural) and the earth combined. Verse 57:21 says that the width is the (lower?) heaven (Sama: singular) and the earth combined.   
(3:133) 
",  a Garden whose width is that (of the whole) of the heavens and the earth, prepared for the righteous," (57:21) 
",  a Garden (of Bliss), the width whereof is as the width of the heaven and the earth, prepared for those who believe in Allah ,  "

3. Who misleads people? Satan or Allah?
    According to verse 4:119-120, Satan (the rejected one) is the one who creates false desires and misleads people. Refer also 15:42. However, according to verse 16:93, it is God who leaves people astray as He wills! See also 4:78.

(4:119-120) 
"I will mislead them, and I will create in them false desires, " (says Satan)   
"Satan make them promises and creates in them false hopes, " (vouched by Allah) (16:93) 
"If Allah so willed, He could make you all one people. But He leaves straying whom He pleases and He guides whom He pleases , "

4. Attitude towards unbelieving parents
    Al-Quran givens contradicting information as to what a believer should do when unbelieving parents and brothers insist on worshipping their gods. Verse 31:15 asks believers to keep company with unbelieving parents even if they insist (on following their religion?), but verse 9:23 asks believers not to take their fathers and brothers as protectors if they disbelieved!

(31:15) 
"But if they strive (Jahada) to make thee join in worship with Me things of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not; yet bear them company in this life with justice (and consideration), " (9:23) 
"O ye who believe! Take not protectors your fathers and your brothers if they love infidelity above faith: If any of you do so, they do wrong"

These verses of course appear in different contexts. Apologists can argue that verse 9:23 is applicable only in the context of hostilities and not otherwise. Then we have to define what is hostility. We must not forget that many passages in the Quran reflect an hostile environment of fluctuating fortunes between believers and unbelievers. Since neither the Suras nor all the verses within Suras are arranged chronologically, the contexts of these `revelations' become that much difficult to understand. Interestingly, verse 31:15 also seems to appear in the context of `Striving' from the Unbelievers' side. Note the word `Jahada'!

5. Which enters the Paradise: Soul or Body or Both?
      After resurrection, it is the body (after reuniting with the soul?) which enters the Paradise. This has been emphasized throughout the Book. See verses 13:5, 17:98-99, 20:55, 34:7, 75:3-4. However verses 27-30 in Sura 89 state that it is the Soul (Nafs)* which enters the Garden!   
(17:99) 
"See they not that Allah who created the heavens and the earth has the power to create the like of them (anew)? , " 
(75:3-4) 
"Does man think that We cannot assemble his bones? Nay we are able to to put together in perfect order the very tips of his fingers, " (89:27-30) 
(To the righteous soul will be said) "O (tho) soul, in (complete) rest and satisfaction! Come back thou to thy Lord - well pleased (thyself), and well-pleasing unto Him! Enter thou, thee among my Devotees! Yea, enter thou My Heaven!" 
(31:28) 
"Your creation and your rising (from the dead) are only as (the creation and the rising of) a single soul, "   (Pickthall)

In Islam, the bliss in Paradise is not complete without the corporeal and sense pleasures. Otherwise, how can one drink Zanzabil (76:17), feel the moderate temperature (76:13), enjoy maidens (55:56) and drink honey and milk (47:16-17). These are all joys in state for the faithful.
    Yousuf Ali (note 6128 for verse 89:27-30) also says that it is the soul which enters the heaven, and not the gross body which perishes (His comment is contradictory to what verse 75:3-4 says!). Read verse 31:28 also. It says man's creation or resurrection is in no wise but as an individual soul*. Pickthall's translation (see box above) is more clear.

6. God needs man or man needs God?
    A very clear contradiction exists between verses 51:56 and 35:15. While the former verse says that God created Jinns and mankind for His own reasons (read also 67:2), the latter one says it is man who is in need of God! Read also 51:57.   
(51:56)   
"I have only created Jinns and men, that they may serve me" *
(67:2) 
"He who created Death and Life, that He may try which of you is the best in deed" 35:15   
"O mankind! It is you that have need of God: but God is the One Free of all wants, worthy of all praise"

7. EVIL AND GOOD: Where do they come from?
    While one verse says that both Evil and Good issue from Allah, the very next verse says only Good comes from Allah!

(4:78)   
",  If some good befalls them, they say "This is from Allah". But if evil, they say "This is from thee" (O prophet). Say: "All things are from Allah, "* (4:79)   
"Whatever good, (O man!) happens to thee, is from Allah. But whatever evil happens to thee, is from thyself"

* Interestingly, the remainder of this verse goes like this: "But what has come to these people. That they fail to understand a single fact?" Can anyone understand what God says here? The fact that both Good and Evil are from Allah or only Good is from Allah?

8.  Who has to be blamed for BELIEF AND DISBELIEF ?

(6:12)   
"It is they who have lost their own souls, that they will not believe" (10:100)   
"No soul can believe except by the will of Allah"

9. Who has to be blamed for the wrongs done?
    From verses 35:8, 16:93, 74:31, 2:142, we learn that it is Allah who has to be blamed for all the misguidance. While other verses hold man himself responsible for the wrongs done (30:9, 4:79).

(35:cool   
"Allah leaves stray whom He wills and guides whom He wills" (30:9)   
"It was not Allah who wronged them, but they wronged their own souls"

10. UNBELIEVERS: To be persecuted or forgiven?
     Verses 23:117 and 98:6 say that unbelievers will not prosper and are the worst of creatures!. Verse 9:29 also asks believers to fight those who do not believe in Allah, the Last Day, His rules and His religion of truth. But verse 45:14 says otherwise. Read also 16:128.

(9:29) 
"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth , " (45:14)   
"Tell those who believe, to forgive those who do not hope for the Days of Allah; It is for Him to recompense (for good or evil) each people according to what they have earned"

11. God's advice to Muhammed on propagating Islam
    We have seen apologists quoting verses from the Quran in support of their claim that the Quran does not recommend forceful conversions. The verse they often quote is 2:256 which says "There is no compulsion in religion". There are also many verses in the Quran which suggest otherwise and these have already appeared on web pages. Here we see two contradicting directives from God on conveying Allah's religion to the people:

(3:20) 
"So if they dispute thee, say: "I have permitted my whole self to Allah and so have those who follow me",  "Do you (also) submit yourselves? If they do, they are in right guidance. But if they turn back, thy duty is to convey the message. And in Allah's sight are (all) His servants" (8:38-39)   
"Say to the Unbelievers, if (now) they desist (from disbelief), their past would be forgiven; but if they persist, the punishment of those before them is already (a matter of warning to them). And fight them on until there is no more persecution and the religion becomes Allah's in its entirety,  "

Is verse 8:38-39 an abrogation of verse 3:20? If that is the case, can we recommend the directives in verse 8:38-39 as the standard method to be followed by all Muslims? Or is the latter verse given during the context of war? To me, these verses reflect the changing moods of the prophet in response to the public reaction he received. We see a content & tolerant messenger in verse 3:20 and a contempt and aggressive messenger in verse 8:38-39!

Those who take error for truth, and the truth for error, will never attain the supreme goal,
for they are led astray by vain desires and false views

Dhammapada, 11.
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by stimulus(m): 10:58am On May 09, 2007
Lol, @nossycheek.

I applaud your courage. But perhaps it might be great to combine all the "contradictions in the Qur'an" threads into one, so we could tidy things up a little for our good friends.

A little addition, though.

I would like for Muslims to please explicate for us what the following seeming contradictions are. I'm not a muslim, never was one; but whenever I tried asking the few Muslim members of our family and some friends about them, I'm often given answers that haven't made any sense. So here, perhaps Muslims can help:

#1. Which is the greater/greatest sin in Islam - to join partners with 'Allah' (shirk), or to forget any verse of the Qur'an?

Sunan Abu-Dawud, Bk 2, #0461: || 'Narrated Anas ibn Malik: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The rewards of my people were presented before me, so much so that even the reward for removing a mote by a person from the mosque was presented to me. The sins of my people were also presented before me. I did not find a sin greater than that of a person forgetting the Qur'anic chapter or verse memorised by him.

Qur'an 4:48: || "Surely Allah does not forgive that anything should be associated with Him, and forgives what is besides that to whomsoever He pleases; and whoever associates anything with Allah, he devises indeed a great sin."

Comparing these two texts, does it not convey the understanding that forgetting any verse of chapter of the Qur'an is a greater sin than joining partners with "Allah" (shirk)??

#2. Did Muhammad commit the greater sin between the two great sins?
(I remember getting a hot slap from my Muslim elder brother for this!!)

Malik's Muwatta Bk. 4, #4.1.2: || Yahya related to me from Malik that he had heard that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "I forget or I am made to forget so that I may establish the sunna."

#3. What is the punishment for anyone who ever forgot any chapter or verse of the Qur'an?

Sunan Abu-DawudBk. 8, #1469: || Narrated Sa'd ibn Ubadah: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: No man recites the Qur'an, then forgets it, but will meet Allah on the Day of Judgment in a maimed condition (or empty-handed, or with no excuse).

When he said: "No man", does that include Muhammad himself, (as it is clear that he, too, forgot some verses of the Qur'an)??

#4. Now, who actually makes Muhammad or Muslims to forget the Qur'an??

Sahih Bukhari Book 61, # 550: || Narrated Abdullah: The Prophet said, "It is a bad thing that some of you say, 'I have forgotten such-and-such verse of the Qur'an,' for indeed, he has been caused (by Allah) to forget it. So you must keep on reciting the Qur'an because it escapes from the hearts of men faster than camel do."

Sahih Bukhari Book 61, # 559: || Narrated Abdullah: The Prophet said, "Why does anyone of the people say, 'I have forgotten such-and-such Verses (of the Qur'an)?' He, in fact, is caused (by Allah) to forget."

Now, like I said, I do not have anything against Muslims; and for a while, I cooled off to focus on other issues. But then for people like babs787 who think it sport to calumnize Christianity, I would first like them to tidy their own house before making any attempt to point fingers at Christians, Christ and the Bible.

Shalom.
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by babs787(m): 4:16pm On May 09, 2007
@noisycheeks

Thanks for bringing the questions again from your liars called authors. I will respond to them one after the other.

QUESTION 1

One of the references on human reproduction which Muslims often quote from the Quran is verse 53:45-46.

"That He did create the pairs - male and female from a sperm-drop* (nutfah) when lodged (in its place)"    (75:38-39)    
"Was he not a drop of sperm emitted (in lowly form)? Then did he become a leech-like clot; then did (Allah) make and fashion (him) in due proportion. And of him He made the sexes, male and female" **
   **    This view is further supported by this Hadith: "When 42 nights have passed over the drop (nutfah), Allah sends an Angel to it, who shapes it and make its ears, eyes, skin, flesh and bones. Then he says, "O Lord, is it male or female?" and your Lord decides what He wishes" (Hadith, Muslim, Book 33, No. 6392)

It is quite unfortunate that the English translations of the Arabic Quran was done by many people who don't speak good Arabic.  Minister Abdallah Yusuf Ali is a Muslim Minister (Sheikh) from Pakistan and he played a big role in translating the Noble Quran from Arabic to English.

The author of this claim presented this Noble Verse from the Noble Quran, 23:14 "Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (foetus) lump; then we made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then we developed out of it another creature. So blessed be Allah, the best to create!"  It appears from the English translation that the scientific fact of this verse is false, because the male sperm alone does not and can not form a fetus in a woman's womb.

Let us examine the word "sperm" in Noble Verses 23:13, 23:14, 16:4, 18:37, 22:5, 35:11, 36:77, 40:67, 75:37, 76:2 and 80:19 from the Noble Quran.  I looked very carefully at each Noble Verse, and I found out that all of them use the Arabic word "Nut'fa" which was wrongly translated as sperm.  The Arabic word for sperm is is "Haywan-Manawee."  The Arabic word "Nut'fa" means the actual combination of multiples of "Haywan-Manawee."  

So in other words, One "Nut'fa" = One "Haywan-Manawee" + Another "Haywan-Manawee" and so on ,

Now, the word "Haywan-Manawee" in Arabic means either a male sperm or a female egg.  It is unfortunate and confusing that the Arabic language unites both the male and the female sperm and egg with one word.  

So when the Noble Quran used the word "Nut'fa" in the several Noble Verses above, it didn't just mean the male sperm alone.  It meant both the male and the female sperm and egg respectively.

Traditionally in the Middle East, when the word "Haywan-Manawee" is used in a conversation, it is usually meant for the male sperm.  The sound of it in Arabic makes its meaning gear more toward the male.  However, it may not always be the case that a person is talking about the male sperm alone.  That is why Minister Abdallah Yusuf Ali mistranslated the Arabic word "Nut'fa" to "sperm".

A similar case exists in English.  Take the word "guys" for instance.   When a person says "you guys are nice", it doesn't necessarily mean that the person is talking about males only.  In English, I could tell a group of females "you guys are nice."  I could also tell a group of males and females mixed "you guys are nice."  Traditionally in English, the word "guys" usually means males only.  But the actual word could include both males and females

FURTHER EXPLANATION

EMBRYOLOGY

MAN IS CREATED FROM ALAQ---A LEECH-LIKE SUBSTANCE

A few years ago a group of Arabs collected all information concerning embryology from the QUR'AN, and followed the instruction of the QUR'AN:

"If ye realise this not, ask Of those who possess the Message."

[AL-QUR'AN 16:43 & 21:7]

All the information from the QUR'AN so gathered, was translated into English and presented to Prof. (Dr.) Keith Moore, who was the Professor of Embryology and Chairman of the Department of Anatomy at the University of Toronto, in Canada. At present he is one of the highest authorities in the field of Embryology. He was asked to give his opinion regarding the information present in the QUR'AN concerning the field of embryology. After carefully examining the translation of the Qur'anic verses presented to him, Dr. Moore said that most of the information concerning embryology mentioned in the QUR'AN is in perfect conformity with modern discoveries in the field of embryology and does not conflict with them in any way. He added that there were however a few verses, on whose scientific accuracy he could not comment. He could not say whether the statements were true or false, since he himself was not aware of the information contained therein. There was also mention of this information in modern writings and studies on embryology. One such verse is:

"Proclaim! (or Read!) In the name Of thy Lord and Cherisher, WHO created---Created man, out of A (mere) clot Of congealed blood."

[AL-QUR'AN 96:1-2]

The word 'alaq' besides meaning a congealed clot of blood also means something that clings, a leech-like substance. Dr. Keith Moore had no knowledge whether an embryo in the initial stages appears like a leech. To check this out he studied the initial stage of the embryo under a very powerful microscope in his laboratory and compared what he observed with a diagram of a leech and he was astonished at the striking resemblance between the two! In the same manner, he acquired more information on embryology, that was hitherto not known to him, from the QUR'AN.

Dr. Keith Moore answered about eighty questions dealing with embryological data mentioned in the QUR'AN and HADITH. Noting that the information contained in the QUR'AN and HADITH was in full agreement with the latest discoveries in the field of embryology, Prof. Moore said, "If I was asked these questions thirty years ago, I would not have been able to answer half of them for lack of scientific information."

Dr. Keith Moore had earlier authored the book, 'The Developing Human'.After acquiring new knowledge from the QUR'AN, he wrote, in 1982, the 3rd edition of the same book, 'The Developing Human'. The book was the recipient of an award for the best medical book written by a single author. This book has been translated into several major languages of the world and is used as a textbook of embryology in the first year of medical studies. In 1981, during the Seventh Medical Conference in Dammam, Saudi Arabia, Dr. Moore said, "It has been a great pleasure for me to help clarify statements in the QUR'AN about human development. It is clear to me that these statements must have come to MUHAMMAD---sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam--- from GOD or ALLAH, because almost all of this knowledge was not discovered until many centuries later. This proves to me that MUHAMMAD---sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam--- must have been a messenger of GOD or ALLAH{The reference for this statement is the video tape titled 'This is the Truth'.For a copy of this video tape contact the Islamic Research Foundation}.

Dr. Joe Leigh Simpson, Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, at the Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, U.S.A., proclaims: ", these HADITHS, sayings of MUHAMMAD---sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam--- could not have been obtained on the basis of the scientific knowledge that was available at the time of the writer (7th century). It follows that not only is there no conflict between genetics and religion (ISLAM) but in fact religion (ISLAM) may guide science by adding revelation to some of the traditional scientific approaches, there exist statements in the QUR'AN shown centuries later to be valid which support knowledge in the QUR'AN having been derived from GOD."

MAN CREATED FROM A DROP EMITTED FROM BETWEEN THE BACKBONE AND THE RIBS

"Now let man but think From what he is created! He is created from A drop emitted --- Proceeding from between The back bone and the ribs."

[AL-QUR'AN 86:5-7]

In embryonic stages, the reproductive organs of the male and female, i.e. the testicles and the ovaries, begin their development near the kidney between the spinal column and the eleventh and twelfth ribs. Later they descend; the female gonads(ovaries) stop in the pelvis while the male gonads(testicles) continue their descent before birth to reach the scrotum through the inguinal canal. Even in the adult after the descent of the reproductive organ, these organs receive their nerve supply and blood supply from the Abdominal Aorta, which is in the area between the back bone(spinal column) and the ribs. Even the lymphatic drainage and the venous return goes to the same area.

HUMAN BEINGS CREATED FROM NUTFAH (Minute Quantity of Liquid)

The Glorious QUR'AN mentions no less than eleven times that the human being is created from 'nutfah', which means a minute quantity of liquid or a trickle of liquid which remains after emptying a cup. This is mentioned in several verses of the QUR'AN including 22:5 and 23:13. {The same is also mentioned in the QUR'AN in 16:4, 18:37, 35:11, 36:77, 40:67, 53:46, 75:37, 76:2 and 80:19} Science has confirmed in recent times that only one out of an average of three million sperms is required for fertilising the ovum. This means that only a 1/three millionth part or 0.00003% of the quantity of sperms that are emitted is required for fertilisation.

HUMAN BEINGS CREATED FROM SULALAH (quintessence of liquid)

"And made his progeny From a quintessence Of the nature of A fluid despised."

[AL-QUR'AN 32:8]

The Arabic word 'sulalah' means quintessence or the best part of a whole. We have come to know now that only one single spermatozoan that penetrates the ovum is required for fertilization, out of the several millions produced by man. That one spermatozoan out of several millions, is referred to in the QUR'AN as 'sulalah'. 'Sulalah' also means gentle extraction from a fluid.The fluid refers to both male and female germinal fluids containing gametes. Both ovum and sperm are gently extracted from their environments in the process of fertilization.

MAN CREATED FROM NUTFATUN AMSHAAJ (Mingled liquids)

Consider the following Qur'anic verse:

"Verily WE created Man from a drop Of mingled sperm."

[AL-QUR'AN 76:2]

The Arabic word 'nutfatun amshaajin' means mingled liquids. According to some commentators of the QUR'AN, mingled liquids refers to the male or female agents or liquids. After mixture of male and female gamete, the zygote still remains 'nutfah'. Mingled liquids can also refer to spermatic fluid that is formed of various secretions that come from various glands. Therefore 'nutfatun amshaaj', i.e. a minute quantity of mingled fluids refers to the male and female gametes (germinal fluids or cells) and part of the surrounding fluids.

SEX DETERMINATION

The sex of a foetus is determined by the nature of the sperm and not the ovum. The sex of the chil, whether female or male, depends on whether the 23rd pair of chromosomes is XX or XY respectively. Primarily sex determination occurs at fertilization and depends upon the type of sex chromosome in the sperm that fertilizes an ovum. If it is an 'X' bearing sperm that fertilizes the ovum, the foetus is a female and if it is a 'Y' bearing sperm then the foetus is a male.

"That HE did create In pairs---male and female, From a seed when lodged (In its place)."

[AL-QUR'AN 53:45-46]

The Arabic word 'nutfah' means a minute quantity of liquid and 'tumna' means ejaculated or planted. Therefore 'nutfah' specifically refers to sperm because it is ejaculated.

The QUR'AN says:

"Was he not a drop Of sperm emitted (In lowly form)? Then did he become A clinging clot; Then did (ALLAH) make And fashion (him) In due proportion. And of him HE made Two sexes, male And female."

[AL-QUR'AN 75:37-39]

Here again it is mentioned that a small quantity (drop) of sperm (indicated by the word 'nutfatan min maniyyin) which comes from the man is responsible for the sex of the foetus. Mothers-in-law in the Indian subcontinent, by and large prefer having male grandchildren and often blame their daughters-in-law if the child is not of the desired sex. If only they knew that the determining factor is the nature of the male sperm and not the female ovum! If they were to blame anybody, they should blame their sons and not their daughters-in-law since both the QUR'AN and Science hold that it is the male fluid that is responsible for the sex of the child!

FOETUS PROTECTED BY THREE VEILS OF DARKNESS

"HE makes you, In the wombs of your mothers, In stages, one after another, In three veils of darkness."

[AL-QUR'AN 39:6]

According to Prof. Keith Moore these three veils of darkness in the QUR'AN refer to"
(a) anterior abdominal wall of the mother
(b)the uterine wall                                                                                                (c)the amnio-chorionoic membrane.

EMBRYONIC STAGES

"Man WE did create From a quintessence (of clay); Then WE placed him As ( a drop of) sperm In a place of rest, firmly fixed; Then WE made the sperm Into a clot of congealed blood; Then of that clot WE made A (foetus) lump; then WE Made out of that lump Bones and clothed the bones With flesh; then WE developed Out of it another creature. So blessed be ALLAH, The Best to create!"

[AL-QUR'AN 23:12-14]

In this verse ALLAH states that man is created from a small quantity of liquid which is placed in a place of rest, firmly fixed(well established or lodged) for which the Arabic word 'qararin makin' is used. The uterus is well protected from the posterior by the spinal column supported firmly by the back muscles.

The embryo is further protected by the amniotic sac containing the amniotic fluid. Thus the foetus has a well protected dwelling place. This small quantity of fluid is made into 'alaqah', meaning something which clings. It also means a leech-like substance. Both descriptions are scientifically acceptable as in the very early stages the foetus clings to the wall and also appears to resemble the leech in shape. It also behaves like a leech(blood sucker) and acquires its blood supply from the mother through the placenta. The third meaning of the word 'alaqah' is a blood clot. During this 'alaqah' stage, which spans the third and fourth week of pregnancy, the blood clots within closed vessels. Hence, the embryo acquires the appearance of a blood clot in addition to acquiring the appearance of a leech. In 1677, Hamm and Leeuwenhoek were the first scientists to observe human sperm cells(spermatozoa) using a microscope.

They thought that a sperm cell contained a miniature human being which grew in the uterus to form a newborn. This was known as the perforation theory. When scientists discovered that the ovum was bigger than the sperm, it was thought by De Graf and others that the foetus existed in a miniature form in the ovum. Later, in the 18th century Maupertuis propagated the theory of biparental inheritence. The 'alaqah' is transformed into 'mudghah' which means 'something that is chewed(having teeth marks)' and also something that is tacky and small which can be put in the mouth like gum.

Both these explanations are scientifically correct. Prof. Keith Moore took a piece of plaster seal and made it into the size and shape of the early stage of foetus and chewed it between the teeth to make it into a 'Mudgha'. He compared this with the photographs of the early stage of foetus. The teeth marks resembled the 'somites' which is the early formation of the spinal column. This 'mudghah' is transformed into bones (izam). The bones are clothed with intact flesh or muscles (lahm). Then ALLAH makes it into another creature.

Prof. Marshall Johnson is one of the leading scientists in US, and is the head of the Department of Anatomy and Director of the Daniel Institute at the Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia in US. He was asked to comment on the verses of the QUR'AN dealing with embryology. He said that the verses of the QUR'AN describing the embryological stages cannot be a coincidence. He said it was probable that MUHAMMAD---sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam--- had a powerful microscope. On being reminded that the QUR'AN was revealed 1400 years ago, and microscopes were invented centuries after the time of PROPHET MUHAMMAD---sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam---, Prof. Johnson laughed and admitted that the first microscope invented could not magnify more than 10 times and could not show a clear picture. Later he said: "I see nothing here in conflict with the concept that Divine intervention was involved when MUHAMMAD---sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam--- recited the QUR'AN."

According to Dr. Keith Moore, the modern classification of embryonic development stages which is adopted throughout the world, is not easily comprehensible, since it identifies stages on a numerical basis i.e. stage 1, stage 2, etc. The divisions revealed in the QUR'AN are based on distinct and easily identifiable forms or shapes, which the embryo passes through. These are based on different phases of prenatal development and provide elegant scientific descriptions that are comprehensible and practical. Similar embryological stages of human development have been described in the following verse:

"Was he not a drop Of sperm emitted (In lowly form)? Then did he become A clinging clot; Then did (ALLAH) make And fashion (him) In due proportion. And of him HE made Two sexes, male And female."

[AL-QUR'AN 75:37-39]

"HIM WHO created thee, Fashioned thee in due proportion, And gave thee a just bias; In whatever Form HE wills, Does HE put thee together."

[AL-QUR'AN 82:7-8]

EMBRYO PARTLY FORMED AND PARTLY UNFORMED

At the 'mugdhah' stage, if an incision is made in the embryo and the internal organ is dissected, it will be seen that most of them are formed while the others are not yet completely formed. According to Prof. Johnson, if we describe the embryo as a complete creation, then we are only describing that part which is already created.If we describe it as an incomplete creation, then we are only describing that part which is not yet created. So, is it a complete creation or an incomplete creation? There is no better description of this stage of embryogenesis than the Qur'anic description, 'partly formed and partly unformed', as in the following verse:

"WE created you Out of dust, then out of Sperm, then out of a leech-like Clot, then out of a morsel Of flesh, partly formed And partly unformed."

[AL-QUR'AN 22:5]

Scientifically we know that at this early stage of development there are some cells which are differentiated and there are some cells that are undifferentiated---some organs are formed and yet others unformed.

SENSE OF HEARING AND SIGHT

Thefirst sense to develop in a developing human embryo is hearing. The foetus can hear sounds after the 24th wek. Subsequently, the sense of sight is developed and by the 28th week, the retina becomes sensitive to light. Consider the following Qur'anic verses related to the development of the senses in the embryo:

"And HE gave You (the faculties of) hearing And sight and feeling (And understanding)."

[AL-QUR'AN 32:9]

"Verily WE created Man from a drop Of mingled sperm, In order to try him: So WE gave him (the gifts), Of Hearing and Sight."

[AL-QUR'AN 76:2]

"It is HE WHO has created For you (the faculties of) Hearing, sight, feeling And understanding: little thanks It is ye give!"

[AL-QUR'AN 23:78]

In all these verses the sense of hearing is mentioned before that of sight. Thus the Qur'anic description matches with the discoveries in modern embryology.
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by babs787(m): 4:20pm On May 09, 2007
QUESTION 2

2. Width of the Garden
   There is a clear discrepancy with reference to the width of the Paradise or Garden in the Quran. Verse 3:133 says that it is all the heavens (Samawath: plural) and the earth combined. Verse 57:21 says that the width is the (lower?) heaven (Sama: singular) and the earth combined.  
",  a Garden whose width is that (of the whole) of the heavens and the earth, prepared for the righteous,"   (57:21)  
",  a Garden (of Bliss), the width whereof is as the width of the heaven and the earth, prepared for those who believe in Allah ,  "

the context of `Striving' from the Unbelievers' side. Note the word `Jahada'!

ANSWER

The width of Paradise:

Let us look at Noble Verse 3:133 "Be quick in the race for forgiveness from your Lord, and for a Garden whose width is that (of the whole) of the heavens and of the earth, prepared for the righteous,"

Let us look at Noble Verse 57:21 "Be ye foremost (in seeking) Forgiveness from your Lord, and a Garden (of Bliss), the width whereof is as the width of heaven and earth, prepared for those who believe in God and His apostles: that is the Grace of God, which He bestows on whom he pleases: and God is the Lord of Grace abounding."

Let us look at Noble Verse 39:73 "And those who feared their Lord will be led to the Garden in crowds:  Until behold, they arrive there; its gates will be opened; and its keepers will say:  "Peace be upon you! Well have ye done! Enter ye here, to dwell therein."

Let us look at Noble Verse 41:30 "In the case of those who say, "Our Lord is Allah", and further, stand straight and steadfast, the angels descend on them (from time to time):  "Fear ye not! (they suggest), Nor grieve! but receive the glad tidings of the Garden (of Bliss) that which ye were promised!"

Let us look at Noble Verse 57:21 "Be ye foremost (in seeking) forgiveness from your Lord, and a Garden (of Bliss) the width whereof is as the width of heaven and earth, prepared for those who believe in Allah and his messengers:  That is the grace of Allah, which He bestows on whom He pleases: and Allah is The Lord of Grace abounding."

Let us look at Noble Verse 79:41 "Their Abode will be the Garden."

Let us look at Noble Verse 18:31 "For them will be Gardens of Eternity; beneath them Rivers will flow:  they will be adorned therein with bracelets of gold, and they will wear grean garments of fine silk and heavy brocade; they will recline therein on raised thrones.  How good the recompense! How beautiful a couch to recline on!"

Let us look at Noble Verse 22:23 "Allah will admit those who believe and work righteous deeds.  To Gardens beneath which rivers flow: they shall be adorned therein with bracelets of gold and pearls; and their garments there will be of silk."

Let us look at Noble Verse 35:33 "Gardens of Eternity will they enter:  therein will they be adorned with bracelets of gold and pearls; and their garments there will be of silk."

Let us look at Noble Verse 78:32 "Grardens enclosed, and grapevines;"

There is not contradiction in the Noble Verses above !.

In the above Noble Verses, we see that in (3:133) the word "heaven" used, while in (57:21) we see the word "heavens" used.

Similarly, in the above Noble Verses, we see that in (39:73, 41:30, 57:21, and 79:41) the word "Garden" is used for Paradise.  The word "Garden" in those verses is "Jannah" in Arabic which means Paradise.  We also see in Noble Verses (18:31, 22:23, 35:33, and 78:32) the word "Gardens" is used for Paradise.  The word "Gardens" in those verses is written as "Jennat" in Arabic which is the plural for "Jannah".  

In the Arabic language, the singular and the plural for the words (Paradise or Garden) and (heaven) is the same thing.  Sometimes the word Gardens is used  by Allah Almighty to give a bigger picture for Paradise to the Muslims.  Also, according to the Noble Quran, Heaven is made of different levels.  Not all humans who enter heaven will be on the same level.  Some will be at the highest level with the Prophets and the righteous people, and others will be at the lowest level where people who sinned a lot will be at.  The word Garden is used for putting all the levels of Heaven into one description which we call it Paradise. However, this big Paradise consists of several levels of Heavens or Gardens.

Similarly, Sometimes the word "heaven" is symbolically used by Allah Almighty to represent all the heavens' levels Allah Almighty created, and sometimes the word "heavens" is used by Allah Almighty to exactly represent all the heavens' levels Allah Almighty created.  

In Arabic, the words Heaven and Paradise (Garden) can be either singular or plural depending on the grammar and the word's location in the sentence.

Note:  There are singular phrases for Heaven and plural ones as well in the English language.  "The LORD of Heavens" is a plural phrase, where "In Heaven we will live peacefully" is a singular one.
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by nossycheek(f): 4:40pm On May 09, 2007
babs787:

QUESTION 2

2. Width of the Garden
",  a Garden whose width is that (of the whole) of the heavens and the earth, prepared for the righteous,"   (57:21)  
",  a Garden (of Bliss), the width whereof is as the width of the heaven and the earth, prepared for those who believe in Allah ,  "

the context of `Striving' from the Unbelievers' side. Note the word `Jahada'!

ANSWER

The width of Paradise:

Let us look at Noble Verse 3:133 "Be quick in the race for forgiveness from your Lord, and for a Garden whose width is that (of the whole) of the heavens and of the earth, prepared for the righteous,"

Let us look at Noble Verse 57:21 "Be ye foremost (in seeking) Forgiveness from your Lord, and a Garden (of Bliss), the width whereof is as the width of heaven and earth, prepared for those who believe in God and His apostles: that is the Grace of God, which He bestows on whom he pleases: and God is the Lord of Grace abounding."

Let us look at Noble Verse 39:73 "And those who feared their Lord will be led to the Garden in crowds:  Until behold, they arrive there; its gates will be opened; and its keepers will say:  "Peace be upon you! Well have ye done! Enter ye here, to dwell therein."

Let us look at Noble Verse 41:30 "In the case of those who say, "Our Lord is Allah", and further, stand straight and steadfast, the angels descend on them (from time to time):  "Fear ye not! (they suggest), Nor grieve! but receive the glad tidings of the Garden (of Bliss) that which ye were promised!"

Let us look at Noble Verse 57:21 "Be ye foremost (in seeking) forgiveness from your Lord, and a Garden (of Bliss) the width whereof is as the width of heaven and earth, prepared for those who believe in Allah and his messengers:  That is the grace of Allah, which He bestows on whom He pleases: and Allah is The Lord of Grace abounding."

Let us look at Noble Verse 79:41 "Their Abode will be the Garden."

Let us look at Noble Verse 18:31 "For them will be Gardens of Eternity; beneath them Rivers will flow:  they will be adorned therein with bracelets of gold, and they will wear grean garments of fine silk and heavy brocade; they will recline therein on raised thrones.  How good the recompense! How beautiful a couch to recline on!"

Let us look at Noble Verse 22:23 "Allah will admit those who believe and work righteous deeds.  To Gardens beneath which rivers flow: they shall be adorned therein with bracelets of gold and pearls; and their garments there will be of silk."

Let us look at Noble Verse 35:33 "Gardens of Eternity will they enter:  therein will they be adorned with bracelets of gold and pearls; and their garments there will be of silk."

Let us look at Noble Verse 78:32 "Grardens enclosed, and grapevines;"

There is not contradiction in the Noble Verses above !.

In the above Noble Verses, we see that in (3:133) the word "heaven" used, while in (57:21) we see the word "heavens" used.

Similarly, in the above Noble Verses, we see that in (39:73, 41:30, 57:21, and 79:41) the word "Garden" is used for Paradise.  The word "Garden" in those verses is "Jannah" in Arabic which means Paradise.  We also see in Noble Verses (18:31, 22:23, 35:33, and 78:32) the word "Gardens" is used for Paradise.  The word "Gardens" in those verses is written as "Jennat" in Arabic which is the plural for "Jannah".  

In the Arabic language, the singular and the plural for the words (Paradise or Garden) and (heaven) is the same thing.  Sometimes the word Gardens is used  by Allah Almighty to give a bigger picture for Paradise to the Muslims.  Also, according to the Noble Quran, Heaven is made of different levels.  Not all humans who enter heaven will be on the same level.  Some will be at the highest level with the Prophets and the righteous people, and others will be at the lowest level where people who sinned a lot will be at.  The word Garden is used for putting all the levels of Heaven into one description which we call it Paradise. However, this big Paradise consists of several levels of Heavens or Gardens.

Similarly, Sometimes the word "heaven" is symbolically used by Allah Almighty to represent all the heavens' levels Allah Almighty created, and sometimes the word "heavens" is used by Allah Almighty to exactly represent all the heavens' levels Allah Almighty created.  
In Arabic, the words Heaven and Paradise (Garden) can be either singular or plural depending on the grammar and the word's location in the sentence.

Note:  There are singular phrases for Heaven and plural ones as well in the English language.  "The LORD of Heavens" is a plural phrase, where "In Heaven we will live peacefully" is a singular one.

I find it amusing that heaven and heavens means the same thing. If heavens is made up of so many levels apparently it measures more than heaven. And so what exactly is the width of the garden? Did I hear you say that there is no contradiction in the verses? Try again

And no difference between garden and gardens? grin
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by babs787(m): 4:46pm On May 09, 2007
@Nossycheeks

If you cannot see with regards to questions 2, here is part of the explanation again.

Similarly, in the above Noble Verses, we see that in (39:73, 41:30, 57:21, and 79:41) the word "Garden" is used for Paradise. The word "Garden" in those verses is "Jannah" in Arabic which means Paradise. We also see in Noble Verses (18:31, 22:23, 35:33, and 78:32) the word "Gardens" is used for Paradise. The word "Gardens" in those verses is written as "Jennat" in Arabic which is the plural for "Jannah".

In the Arabic language, the singular and the plural for the words (Paradise or Garden) and (heaven) is the same thing. Sometimes the word Gardens is used by Allah Almighty to give a bigger picture for Paradise to the Muslims. Also, according to the Noble Quran, Heaven is made of different levels. Not all humans who enter heaven will be on the same level. Some will be at the highest level with the Prophets and the righteous people, and others will be at the lowest level where people who sinned a lot will be at. The word Garden is used for putting all the levels of Heaven into one description which we call it Paradise. However, this big Paradise consists of several levels of Heavens or Gardens.

b]QUESTION 3[/b]

3. Who misleads people? Satan or Allah?
   According to verse 4:119-120, Satan (the rejected one) is the one who creates false desires and misleads people. Refer also 15:42. However, according to verse 16:93, it is God who leaves people astray as He wills! See also 4:78.

(4:119-120)  
"I will mislead them, and I will create in them false desires, " (says Satan)  
"Satan make them promises and creates in them false hopes, " (vouched by Allah)   (16:93)  
"If Allah so willed, He could make you all one people. But He leaves straying whom He pleases and He guides whom He pleases , "

ANSWER

Let us look at Noble Verses 4:119-120 "[Satan says:] "I will mislead them, and I will create in them false desires; I will order them to slit the ears of cattle, and to deface the (fair) nature created by God." Whoever, forsaking God, takes satan for a friend, hath of a surety suffered a loss that is manifest.

Satan makes them promises, and creates in them false desires; but satan's promises are nothing but deception."

Let us look at Noble Verse 16:93 "If God so willed, He could make you all one people: But He leaves straying whom He pleases, and He guides whom He pleases: but ye shall certainly be called to account for all your actions."

There is no contradiction in the above Noble Verses !.

In the Noble Verses (4:119-120) above, Allah Almighty clearly tells us that Satan is the primary decieving force that we might face.  For this reason, we must always avoid listening to Satan's temptations.  In the Noble Verse (16:93) above, Allah Almighty helps whom ever He wants and leaves astray whom ever he wants.  Depending on our intentions in this life, we might gain the love of GOD or gain His dislike or hate.  Allah Almighty is not obligated to help everyone He creates.  He gives us choices and makes the straight path to follow crystal clear for us.  It is ultimately up to us (the humans) to make the decission of going with the path of Allah Almighty or go with the path of Satan and evil.  See also 45:15.
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by babs787(m): 4:48pm On May 09, 2007
QUESTION 4

Al-Quran givens contradicting information as to what a believer should do when unbelieving parents and brothers insist on worshipping their gods. Verse 31:15 asks believers to keep company with unbelieving parents even if they insist (on following their religion?), but verse 9:23 asks believers not to take their fathers and brothers as protectors if they disbelieved!

ANSWER

In Noble Verse 31:15, Allah Almighty orders us not to follow even our parents if they request from us to worship other gods than the Almighty GOD, Allah. However, even if the parents are pagans or infedels, we still are ordered by the Most Merciful Allah Almighty to be there for them and to help them in life.

In Noble Verse 9:23, Allah Almighty orders us not to take even our parents if they were pagans as guidance or leading example that we must follow. Children always take their parents as the high example that they follow. In Noble Verse 9:23, we are ordered not to consider the parents as our protectors (top examples) and we must not take everything they say or do for granted because they are in wrong doing.
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by nossycheek(f): 4:50pm On May 09, 2007
babs787:

@noisycheeks

Thanks for bringing the questions again from your liars called authors. I will respond to them one after the other.

QUESTION 1

"That He did create the pairs - male and female from a sperm-drop* (nutfah) when lodged (in its place)"    (75:38-39)    
   **    This view is further supported by this Hadith: "When 42 nights have passed over the drop (nutfah), Allah sends an Angel to it, who shapes it and make its ears, eyes, skin, flesh and bones. Then he says, "O Lord, is it male or female?" and your Lord decides what He wishes" (Hadith, Muslim, Book 33, No. 6392)

It is quite unfortunate that the English translations of the Arabic Quran was done by many people who don't speak good Arabic.  Minister Abdallah Yusuf Ali is a Muslim Minister (Sheikh) from Pakistan and he played a big role in translating the Noble Quran from Arabic to English.

The author of this claim presented this Noble Verse from the Noble Quran, 23:14 "Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (foetus) lump; then we made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then we developed out of it another creature. So blessed be Allah, the best to create!"  It appears from the English translation that the scientific fact of this verse is false, because the male sperm alone does not and can not form a fetus in a woman's womb.

Let us examine the word "sperm" in Noble Verses 23:13, 23:14, 16:4, 18:37, 22:5, 35:11, 36:77, 40:67, 75:37, 76:2 and 80:19 from the Noble Quran.  I looked very carefully at each Noble Verse, and I found out that all of them use the Arabic word "Nut'fa" which was wrongly translated as sperm.  The Arabic word for sperm is is "Haywan-Manawee."  The Arabic word "Nut'fa" means the actual combination of multiples of "Haywan-Manawee."  

So in other words, One "Nut'fa" = One "Haywan-Manawee" + Another "Haywan-Manawee" and so on ,

Now, the word "Haywan-Manawee" in Arabic means either a male sperm or a female egg. It is unfortunate and confusing that the Arabic language unites both the male and the female sperm and egg with one word.  
So when the Noble Quran used the word "Nut'fa" in the several Noble Verses above, it didn't just mean the male sperm alone.  It meant both the male and the female sperm and egg respectively.

Traditionally in the Middle East, when the word "Haywan-Manawee" is used in a conversation, it is usually meant for the male sperm.  The sound of it in Arabic makes its meaning gear more toward the male.  However, it may not always be the case that a person is talking about the male sperm alone.  That is why Minister Abdallah Yusuf Ali mistranslated the Arabic word "Nut'fa" to "sperm".

A similar case exists in English.  Take the word "guys" for instance.   When a person says "you guys are nice", it doesn't necessarily mean that the person is talking about males only.  In English, I could tell a group of females "you guys are nice."  I could also tell a group of males and females mixed "you guys are nice."  Traditionally in English, the word "guys" usually means males only.  But the actual word could include both males and females

Trying to justify that huh? There is nothing unfortunate about the arabic word, afterall it is allah's language. you are just postulating that it could mean both male and female sperms. It could but it is unfortunately not. Keep on trying to justify the inconsistencies, you may get there.

No need digressing to embrology. We will get to that as I have enough to prove you and your qur'an on that. So keep your copied further explanation, when we get to the bridge we will cross over it. Scientifically your theory fails woefully, but lets be through with this first.
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by babs787(m): 4:53pm On May 09, 2007
@Noisycheeks

It seems you are that blind to understand posts. You are free to debunk and let me have biblical passages that deal with the issues.

QUESTION 5

After resurrection, it is the body (after reuniting with the soul?) which enters the Paradise. This has been emphasized throughout the Book. See verses 13:5, 17:98-99, 20:55, 34:7, 75:3-4. However verses 27-30 in Sura 89 state that it is the Soul (Nafs)* which enters the Garden!  
"See they not that Allah who created the heavens and the earth has the power to create the like of them (anew)? , "  
"Does man think that We cannot assemble his bones? Nay we are able to to put together in perfect order the very tips of his fingers, "   (89:27-30)  
(To the righteous soul will be said) "O (tho) soul, in (complete) rest and satisfaction! Come back thou to thy Lord - well pleased (thyself), and well-pleasing unto Him! Enter thou, thee among my Devotees! Yea, enter thou My Heaven!"  
"Your creation and your rising (from the dead) are only as (the creation and the rising of) a single soul, "   (Pickthall)

In Islam, the bliss in Paradise is not complete without the corporeal and sense pleasures. Otherwise, how can one drink Zanzabil (76:17), feel the moderate temperature (76:13), enjoy maidens (55:56) and drink honey and milk (47:16-17). These are all joys in state for the faithful.
   Yousuf Ali (note 6128 for verse 89:27-30) also says that it is the soul which enters the heaven, and not the gross body which perishes (His comment is contradictory to what verse 75:3-4 says!). Read verse 31:28 also. It says man's creation or resurrection is in no wise but as an individual soul*. Pickthall's translation (see box above) is more clear.

ANSWER

In Noble Verses 13:5, 17:98-99, 20:55, 34:7 and 75:3-4, Allah Almighty clearly Says that He will recreate our bodies in Judgement day or in the day of ressurection.

For Noble Verses 89:27-30 and 31:28, when our bodies ressurect from desolved sand in the day of ressurection and become fresh bodies again, we will live in those bodies for a period of 50,000 years until the very last person gets his verdict on whether to enter heaven or hell.  See Noble Verse 70:4, which referes to the Day of Judgment, where our judgment will take 50 thousand human years to finish before the very last person of mankind enters either heaven or hell.  The phrase "Day of Judgment" in Arabic doesn't mean one day.  It means multiple days (50,000 years).

When a person recieves his verdict, if he recieves hell, then he and his body shall enter hell where his body will pay for all the sins it commited along with his soul by feeling the pain of the body as we do now in our current life.  If he recieves heaven, then he and his body (sould and body) will enter paradise where he shall live in it for eternity in full pleasure, see Noble Verses 76:13,17, 47:16-17 and 55:56, where Allah Almighty explains some of the physical pleasure that we will have in paradise.

Note:  In Noble Verses 89:27-30 and 31:28 above, Allah Almighty talks to the righteous souls promissing them heaven, but doesn't state that only the soul will enter the heaven !.  Throughout the Noble Quran, Allah Almighty sometimes refers to us or calls to us by our spirits/souls only.  However, this doesn't negate our bodies.  See Noble Verses 91:7-10 and 75:1-15 where Allah Almighty refers to us by our souls first.
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by babs787(m): 4:56pm On May 09, 2007
QUESTION 6

A very clear contradiction exists between verses 51:56 and 35:15. While the former verse says that God created Jinns and mankind for His own reasons (read also 67:2), the latter one says it is man who is in need of God! Read also 51:57.
"He who created Death and Life, that He may try which of you is the best in deed" 35:15
"O mankind! It is you that have need of God: but God is the One Free of all wants, worthy of all praise"

Of course man needs God. Allah Almighty created us to only worship Him; see Noble Verses 51:56 and 67:72. He also created us weak; see Noble Verses 4:28, 30:54 and 35:15. We need Him; see Noble Verses 35:15 (again) and 47:38.

To Him belong the end and the beginning for everything He created; see Noble Verses 53:25 and 92:13.

To Him belong the glory and the power; see Noble Verses 4:139, 10:65, 35:10, 37:180 and 63:8.

Allah Almighty doesn't need anyone in this universe, but we all need Him; see Noble Verse 35:15.

Of course man needs God. Allah Almighty created us to only worship Him; see Noble Verses 51:56 and 67:72. He also created us weak; see Noble Verses 4:28, 30:54 and 35:15. We need Him; see Noble Verses 35:15 (again) and 47:38.

To Him belong the end and the beginning for everything He created; see Noble Verses 53:25 and 92:13.

To Him belong the glory and the power; see Noble Verses 4:139, 10:65, 35:10, 37:180 and 63:8.

Allah Almighty doesn't need anyone in this universe, but we all need Him; see Noble Verse 35:15.

Ask any Arabic speaking Christian, the Arabic word "Ya-bu-doon" does not mean "serve". It means "Worship".
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by nossycheek(f): 4:58pm On May 09, 2007
babs787:

QUESTION 4

ANSWER

In Noble Verse 31:15, Allah Almighty orders us not to follow even our parents if they request from us to worship other gods than the Almighty GOD, Allah. However, even if the parents are pagans or infedels, we still are ordered by the Most Merciful Allah Almighty to be there for them and to help them in life.

In Noble Verse 9:23, Allah Almighty orders us not to take even our parents if they were pagans as guidance or leading example that we must follow. Children always take their parents as the high example that they follow. In Noble Verse 9:23, we are ordered not to consider the parents as our protectors (top examples) and we must not take everything they say or do for granted because they are in wrong doing.

(31:15)  "But if they strive (Jahada) to make thee join in worship with Me things of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not; yet bear them company in this life with justice (and consideration), "

(9:23)  "O ye who believe! Take not protectors your fathers and your brothers if they love infidelity above faith: If any of you do so, they do wrong"

These verses of course appear in different contexts. Apologists can argue that verse 9:23 is applicable only in the context of hostilities and not otherwise. Then we have to define what is hostility. We must not forget that many passages in the Quran reflect an hostile environment of fluctuating fortunes between believers and unbelievers. Since neither the Suras nor all the verses within Suras are arranged chronologically, the contexts of these `revelations' become that much difficult to understand. Interestingly, verse 31:15 also seems to appear in the context of `Striving' from the Unbelievers' side. Note the word `Jahada'!

You pretend not to know the truth but alas they are starring at your face
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by stimulus(m): 6:57pm On May 09, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

I no talk am?? Mr rank-xerox!! grin grin You posted articles and pretended they're your own. What is the meaning of "I will respond to them", when infact you rank-xeroxed the whole thing from the net? Please, try to leave us the weblinks for your photo-copy plagiarism!!

You tried to deny that you copy materials. Olodo, those articles have been recycled many times on the net; and they're traced back to Dr. Zakir Naik. Here they are:

babs787:

It is quite unfortunate that the English translations of the Arabic Quran was done by many people who don't speak good Arabic. Minister Abdallah Yusuf Ali is a Muslim Minister (Sheikh) from Pakistan and he played a big role in translating the Noble Quran from Arabic to English.

The author of this claim presented this Noble Verse from the Noble Quran, 23:14 "Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (foetus) lump; then we made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then we developed out of it another creature. So blessed be Allah, the best to create!" It appears from the English translation that the scientific fact of this verse is false, because the male sperm alone does not and can not form a fetus in a woman's womb.

Let us examine the word "sperm" in Noble Verses 23:13, 23:14, 16:4, 18:37, 22:5, 35:11, 36:77, 40:67, 75:37, 76:2 and 80:19 from the Noble Quran. I looked very carefully at each Noble Verse, and I found out that all of them use the Arabic word "Nut'fa" which was wrongly translated as sperm. The Arabic word for sperm is is "Haywan-Manawee." The Arabic word "Nut'fa" means the actual combination of multiples of "Haywan-Manawee."

Now, the word "Haywan-Manawee" in Arabic means either a male sperm or a female egg. It is unfortunate and confusing that the Arabic language unites both the male and the female sperm and egg with one word.

So when the Noble Quran used the word "Nut'fa" in the several Noble Verses above, it didn't just mean the male sperm alone. It meant both the male and the female sperm and egg respectively.

Traditionally in the Middle East, when the word "Haywan-Manawee" is used in a conversation, it is usually meant for the male sperm. The sound of it in Arabic makes its meaning gear more toward the male. However, it may not always be the case that a person is talking about the male sperm alone. That is why Minister Abdallah Yusuf Ali mistranslated the Arabic word "Nut'fa" to "sperm".

A similar case exists in English. Take the word "guys" for instance. When a person says "you guys are nice", it doesn't necessarily mean that the person is talking about males only. In English, I could tell a group of females "you guys are nice." I could also tell a group of males and females mixed "you guys are nice." Traditionally in English, the word "guys" usually means males only. But the actual word could include both males and females

Source: http://www.answering-islam.de/Main///Quran/Science/embryo_r.htm
Article appears under the subheading: Part 3: Meaning of the word "Nut'fah"

babs787:

[/b]MAN IS CREATED FROM ALAQ---A LEECH-LIKE SUBSTANCE[/b]

A few years ago a group of Arabs collected all information concerning embryology from the QUR'AN, and followed the instruction of the QUR'AN:

"If ye realise this not, ask Of those who possess the Message."

[AL-QUR'AN 16:43 & 21:7]

All the information from the QUR'AN so gathered, was translated into English and presented to Prof. (Dr.) Keith Moore, who was the Professor of Embryology and Chairman of the Department of Anatomy at the University of Toronto, in Canada. At present he is one of the highest authorities in the field of Embryology. He was asked to give his opinion regarding the information present in the QUR'AN concerning the field of embryology. After carefully examining the translation of the Qur'anic verses presented to him, Dr. Moore said that most of the information concerning embryology mentioned in the QUR'AN is in perfect conformity with modern discoveries in the field of embryology and does not conflict with them in any way. He added that there were however a few verses, on whose scientific accuracy he could not comment. He could not say whether the statements were true or false, since he himself was not aware of the information contained therein. There was also mention of this information in modern writings and studies on embryology. One such verse is:

"Proclaim! (or Read!) In the name Of thy Lord and Cherisher, WHO created---Created man, out of A (mere) clot Of congealed blood."

[AL-QUR'AN 96:1-2]

The word 'alaq' besides meaning a congealed clot of blood also means something that clings, a leech-like substance. Dr. Keith Moore had no knowledge whether an embryo in the initial stages appears like a leech. To check this out he studied the initial stage of the embryo under a very powerful microscope in his laboratory and compared what he observed with a diagram of a leech and he was astonished at the striking resemblance between the two! In the same manner, he acquired more information on embryology, that was hitherto not known to him, from the QUR'AN.

Dr. Keith Moore answered about eighty questions dealing with embryological data mentioned in the QUR'AN and HADITH. Noting that the information contained in the QUR'AN and HADITH was in full agreement with the latest discoveries in the field of embryology, Prof. Moore said, "If I was asked these questions thirty years ago, I would not have been able to answer half of them for lack of scientific information."

Dr. Keith Moore had earlier authored the book, 'The Developing Human'.After acquiring new knowledge from the QUR'AN, he wrote, in 1982, the 3rd edition of the same book, 'The Developing Human'. The book was the recipient of an award for the best medical book written by a single author. This book has been translated into several major languages of the world and is used as a textbook of embryology in the first year of medical studies. In 1981, during the Seventh Medical Conference in Dammam, Saudi Arabia, Dr. Moore said, "It has been a great pleasure for me to help clarify statements in the QUR'AN about human development. It is clear to me that these statements must have come to MUHAMMAD---sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam--- from GOD or ALLAH, because almost all of this knowledge was not discovered until many centuries later. This proves to me that MUHAMMAD---sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam--- must have been a messenger of GOD or ALLAH{The reference for this statement is the video tape titled 'This is the Truth'.For a copy of this video tape contact the Islamic Research Foundation}.

Dr. Joe Leigh Simpson, Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, at the Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, U.S.A., proclaims: ", these HADITHS, sayings of MUHAMMAD---sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam--- could not have been obtained on the basis of the scientific knowledge that was available at the time of the writer (7th century). It follows that not only is there no conflict between genetics and religion (ISLAM) but in fact religion (ISLAM) may guide science by adding revelation to some of the traditional scientific approaches, there exist statements in the QUR'AN shown centuries later to be valid which support knowledge in the QUR'AN having been derived from GOD."

Several sources including:

Source 1: http://www.ediscoverislam.com/Quran-science.asp
(Scroll down to subtitle: XI: EMBRYOLOGY)

Source 2: http://www.thisistruth.org/truth.php?f=ModernScience
(Scroll down agiain to subtitle: XI: EMBRYOLOGY)

Source 3: http://www.irib.ir/Occasions/Article/Article2-En.htm

The rest of your rank-xeroxed plagiarism can be read on those websites. It is more dignified to simply give your readers the link after plagiarising materials from webites. Don't try pretending they are your answers - people of your type are known for that!! grin grin
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by stimulus(m): 7:07pm On May 09, 2007
nossycheek:

No need digressing to embrology. We will get to that as I have enough to prove you and your qur'an on that. So keep your copied further explanation, when we get to the bridge we will cross over it. Scientifically your theory fails woefully, but lets be through with this first.

Hehehe. . . I wan die with laff for here!! grin cheesy Some people cannot just reason on their own, and it is second nature to them to rank-xerox articles from the net and pretend it is theirs!! We no go see the end! grin
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by nossycheek(f): 10:46am On May 10, 2007
babs787:

@Noisycheeks

It seems you are that blind to understand posts. You are free to debunk and let me have biblical passages that deal with the issues.

Hey no name calling please, that is another islamic propaganda aimed at digressing. In any case I can see your efforts clearly (afterall, I am a cross bred and not an inbred (like u?), but they are far from the truth

babs787:

QUESTION 5

"Does man think that We cannot assemble his bones? Nay we are able to to put together in perfect order the very tips of his fingers, " (89:27-30)
"Your creation and your rising (from the dead) are only as (the creation and the rising of) a single soul, " (Pickthall)

ANSWER

In Noble Verses 13:5, 17:98-99, 20:55, 34:7 and 75:3-4, Allah Almighty clearly Says that He will recreate our bodies in Judgement day or in the day of ressurection.

For Noble Verses 89:27-30 and 31:28, when our bodies ressurect from desolved sand in the day of ressurection and become fresh bodies again, we will live in those bodies for a period of 50,000 years until the very last person gets his verdict on whether to enter heaven or hell. See Noble Verse 70:4, which referes to the Day of Judgment, where our judgment will take 50 thousand human years to finish before the very last person of mankind enters either heaven or hell. The phrase "Day of Judgment" in Arabic doesn't mean one day. It means multiple days (50,000 years).

When a person recieves his verdict, if he recieves hell, then he and his body shall enter hell where his body will pay for all the sins it commited along with his soul by feeling the pain of the body as we do now in our current life. If he recieves heaven, then he and his body (sould and body) will enter paradise where he shall live in it for eternity in full pleasure, see Noble Verses 76:13,17, 47:16-17 and 55:56, where Allah Almighty explains some of the physical pleasure that we will have in paradise.

Note: In Noble Verses 89:27-30 and 31:28 above, Allah Almighty talks to the righteous souls promissing them heaven, but doesn't state that only the soul will enter the heaven !. Throughout the Noble Quran, Allah Almighty sometimes refers to us or calls to us by our spirits/souls only. However, this doesn't negate our bodies. See Noble Verses 91:7-10 and 75:1-15 where Allah Almighty refers to us by our souls first.

let us examine Pickthall's translation as outlined below
* Unlike in Vedic scriptures, the Quran does not clearly recognize the SOUL as a distinct entity from the BODY. The soul is often referred as a source of all inclinations and desires (3:61, 12:53). The Arabic word `Nafs' has been translated differently by different translators: as SOUL, MIND, SPIRIT and even as HEART! The word `Nafs' at times refers to the individual (12:53), sometimes to the Soul (6:93, 39:42), and sometimes to God Himself (6:12,54)!. Of particular interest is verse 21:35 which says "Every soul shall have a taste of death, ". This verse could mean: (i) that the Soul gets a taste of death after separation from the body, as Yousuf Ali interprets or (ii) that the Individual gets a taste of death as it is generally implied on most occasions (3:61, 51:21). Those who are of the opinion that `Nafs' in 21:35 only mean the real Soul would then have to consider this verse as another contradiction to verses 39:42 and 89:27-30 which imply that the Soul is taken back by Allah, momentarily during sleep and decisively at death. Does it mean that the Soul has no death?
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by babs787(m): 12:15pm On May 10, 2007
@stimulus

You dont want to stop your noise. why not tell your sister that went lifting from answrin-Islam. You didnt see her but it is mine you would see. It seems I hit you real hard with regards to some of my responses, never mind, you know that I have not created any thread, when your BP come back to normal, I will serve you real hot questions which you must answer like I have been doing here.

@nossycheeks

Thumb up. it seems my exposing theimcompleteness of your bible pained you so much. Dont worry, you know that I have not created new threads. Soon, you will tell me how come 700 turns to 7000.

Also, i have noticed that you posted many questions at a time making it cumbersome for me to respond. But I will respond to your comment to my earlier posts and will also provide you link to your answers. You read them and rebut them and I will explain them to you.

2. Width of the Garden

Note: There are singular phrases for Heaven and plural ones as well in the English language. "The LORD of Heavens" is a plural phrase, where "In Heaven we will live peacefully" is a singular one.

I find it amusing that heaven and heavens means the same thing. If heavens is made up of so many levels apparently it measures more than heaven. And so what exactly is the width of the garden? Did I hear you say that there is no contradiction in the verses? Try again

And no difference between garden and gardens?

Further explanation

Gardens - Jennah - Paradise
Garden - Jannah - Paradise
Garden & Gardens - Paradise depending on how they are used in the context.

If you still do not understand, get in touch.

(31:15) "But if they strive (Jahada) to make thee join in worship with Me things of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not; yet bear them company in this life with justice (and consideration), "

(9:23) "O ye who believe! Take not protectors your fathers and your brothers if they love infidelity above faith: If any of you do so, they do wrong"

Further explanation to the verses

(31:15) "But if they strive (Jahada) to make thee join in worship with Me things of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not; yet bear them company in this life with justice (and consideration), "

The above verse is saying that you should obey your parent but when it comes to worshipping another god, you should never obey them hence the word, ' But if they strive (Jahada) to make thee join in worship with Me things of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not'. Of course we all know that one musnt disobey one's parent but when it comes to worshippin other god, we shouldnt follow them

9:23) "O ye who believe! Take not protectors your fathers and your brothers if they love infidelity above faith: If any of you do so, they do wrong"

The above is telling us that you shouldnt take your unbeliever parent as protectors and not as your author translated it. You must love your parent and give them their respects but when it comes to unbelief on their part, you shouldnt take them as protectors because they will be finding ways of turning you away from God.

Hope you understood?
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by nossycheek(f): 12:36pm On May 10, 2007
babs787:

@stimulus

You don't want to stop your noise. why not tell your sister that went lifting from answrin-Islam. You didnt see her but it is mine you would see. It seems I hit you real hard with regards to some of my responses, never mind, you know that I have not created any thread, when your BP come back to normal, I will serve you real hot questions which you must answer like I have been doing here.

@nossycheeks

Thumb up. it seems my exposing theimcompleteness of your bible pained you so much. Dont worry, you know that I have not created new threads. Soon, you will tell me how come 700 turns to 7000.

Also, i have noticed that you posted many questions at a time making it cumbersome for me to respond. But I will respond to your comment to my earlier posts and will also provide you link to your answers. You read them and rebut them and I will explain them to you.

and when you posted your 101 contradictions, you posted them one after the other. Cheap propaganda. Another shameless islamic apologist

babs787:

2. Width of the Garden

Note: There are singular phrases for Heaven and plural ones as well in the English language. "The LORD of Heavens" is a plural phrase, where "In Heaven we will live peacefully" is a singular one.

And no difference between garden and gardens?

Further explanation

Gardens - Jennah - Paradise
Garden - Jannah - Paradise
Garden & Gardens - Paradise depending on how they are used in the context.

If you still do not understand, get in touch.

And so which of them measures the width of the garden? clarify pls

And talking about context, what has that got to do with the measurement of the garden em, sorry, gardens?

babs787:

(9:23) "O ye who believe! Take not protectors your fathers and your brothers if they love infidelity above faith: If any of you do so, they do wrong"

Further explanation to the verses

The above verse is saying that you should obey your parent but when it comes to worshipping another god, you should never obey them hence the word, ' But if they strive (Jahada) to make thee join in worship with Me things of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not'. Of course we all know that one musnt disobey one's parent but when it comes to worshippin other god, we shouldnt follow them

9:23) "O ye who believe! Take not protectors your fathers and your brothers if they love infidelity above faith: If any of you do so, they do wrong"

The above is telling us that you shouldnt take your unbeliever parent as protectors and not as your author translated it. You must love your parent and give them their respects but when it comes to unbelief on their part, you shouldnt take them as protectors because they will be finding ways of turning you away from God.

Hope you understood?

what is the difference between what you quoted? I have not understood anything that is clearly conflicting.  bear them company for life, means live in peace with them and be not protector of them clearly means behead them as the opportunity presents itself.

This is clear english and does not require the atilogu dance you are practicing here and on the other questions.

Hey The truth has come, falsehood is bound to disappear! grin
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by stimulus(m): 12:40pm On May 10, 2007
@nossycheek,

nossycheek:

This is clear english and does not require the atilogu dance you are practicing here and on the other questions.

Hey The truth has come, falsehood is bound to disappear! grin

I dey laugh for my office no be small!! babs787's "Falsehood" don suffer, no be small!! grin cheesy
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by stimulus(m): 12:41pm On May 10, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

You don't want to stop your noise. why not tell your sister that went lifting from answrin-Islam. You didnt see her but it is mine you would see. It seems I hit you real hard with regards to some of my responses

It is usual for dishonest people to praise themselves - and that is what you have been proving. When I offered you that challenge earlier about rank-xeroxing from other websites, what did you do? Did you honestly acknowledge that was what you were doing? It was simply because you refused to be man enough to acknowledge it, that is why I exposed your fraud this time around. So enjoy it. grin

babs787:

never mind, you know that I have not created any thread, when your BP come back to normal, I will serve you real hot questions which you must answer like I have been doing here.

Why are you lying again, babs787? You have NOT created ANY thread?? Haba, alhaji. . . I hope your folks can read and understand how much exposure you're lending in support to my assertions that you really act like a total stranger to truth. Before you rank-xerox and plagiarize more articles to pretend that they are your own, please tell me who started all the following threads? --

101 Contradictions In the Bible

Easter: The Truth And Questions For Christians

Which Is The Real Jesus?

Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World Or Prophet Muhammad

Jesus vs. Prophecy

Is Jesus God?

Did Jesus Die For Our Sin? Which Sin?

Just only one thread I opened, body begin bite you?? See who is now agitated and lying to himself! I am so sorry for you, babs787 - it does not help to lie: people are reading how much you are further exposing your dishonesty!!

Cool down, your eye never red finish! You're so disturbed now that you can't even be honest with yourself. "Truth has come - falsehood don perish! grin
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by nossycheek(f): 12:48pm On May 10, 2007
babs787:

QUESTION 6

(51:56) "I have only created Jinns and men, that they may serve me" *
(67:2) "He who created Death and Life, that He may try which of you is the best in deed" 35:15

Ask any Arabic speaking Christian, the Arabic word "Ya-bu-doon" does not mean "serve". It means "Worship".

(51:56)   "I have only created Jinns and men, that they may serve me" *
(67:2)  "He who created Death and Life, that He may try which of you is the best in deed"
35:15   "O mankind! It is you that have need of God: but God is the One Free of all wants, worthy of all praise"  
  51.57] 1 do not desire from them any sustenance and I do not desire that they should feed Me

Of interest in this regard is the popular (but probably fabricated) Hadith: "I was a secret treasure, and I created the creatures in order that I might be known"
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by babs787(m): 12:49pm On May 10, 2007
@nossycheeks

Thanks for the posts. Since you failed in bringing them for me one at a time and we address them, I will give you links to your questions because I have to answer questions in other threads but am still reminding that when the time comes for me to create threads, you shouldnt run from my questions. So go through the links and debunk whatever you feel like and I will explain them to you. I lifted your response from similar thread you lifted yours from but will respond myself to your rebuttal because I have other questions to attend to. Please in case of next time, do endeavor to post not so many questions so that we will be able to argue them back and forth. TRUTH HAS COME FALSEHOOD IS BOUND TO PERISH.

and when you posted your 101 contradictions, you posted them one after the other. Cheap propaganda. Another shameless islamic apologist

Dont worry, I will serve you contradictions one after the other soon and some other issues too.

And so which of them measures the width of the garden? clarify please

And talking about context, what has that got to do with the measurement of the garden em, sorry, gardens?

The real mischief maker has been identified. Go and read again

what is the difference between what you quoted? I have not understood anything that is clearly conflicting.  bear them company for life, means live in peace with them and be not protector of them clearly means behead them as the opportunity presents itself.

Hey The truth has come, falsehood is bound to disappear!

Your falsehood and mischief has been revealed further. Did the verse talks about beheading parents or not listening to them when they ask you to serve other gods?

Read yourself, I have been telling you, your authors will continue disgracing you.

Did you understand. You shouldnt obey them when they call you to come and worshipgod and not son beheading parents. You can see your lie.

"Does man think that We cannot assemble his bones? Nay we are able to to put together in perfect order the very tips of his fingers, "   (89:27-30)  
"Your creation and your rising (from the dead) are only as (the creation and the rising of) a single soul, "   (Pickthall)

http://www.answering-christianity.com/quran/soul.htm

"He who created Death and Life, that He may try which of you is the best in deed"   35:15  

http://www.answering-christianity.com/quran/need.htm

7. EVIL AND GOOD: Where do they come from?
   While one verse says that both Evil and Good issue from Allah, the very next verse says only Good comes from Allah!

(4:78)    
",  If some good befalls them, they say "This is from Allah". But if evil, they say "This is from thee" (O prophet). Say: "All things are from Allah, "*   (4:79)    
"Whatever good, (O man!) happens to thee, is from Allah. But whatever evil happens to thee, is from thyself"

* Interestingly, the remainder of this verse goes like this: "But what has come to these people. That they fail to understand a single fact?" Can anyone understand what God says here? The fact that both Good and Evil are from Allah or only Good is from Allah?

http://www.understanding-islam.com/related/text.asp?type=article&aid=54

8.  Who has to be blamed for BELIEF AND DISBELIEF ?

(6:12)    
"It is they who have lost their own souls, that they will not believe"   (10:100)  
"No soul can believe except by the will of Allah"

http://www.answering-christianity.com/quran/blame.htm

9. Who has to be blamed for the wrongs done?
   From verses 35:8, 16:93, 74:31, 2:142, we learn that it is Allah who has to be blamed for all the misguidance. While other verses hold man himself responsible for the wrongs done (30:9, 4:79).

(35:    
"Allah leaves stray whom He wills and guides whom He wills"    (30:9)    
"It was not Allah who wronged them, but they wronged their own souls"

http://www.answering-christianity.com/quran/blame.htm

10. UNBELIEVERS: To be persecuted or forgiven?
    Verses 23:117 and 98:6 say that unbelievers will not prosper and are the worst of creatures!. Verse 9:29 also asks believers to fight those who do not believe in Allah, the Last Day, His rules and His religion of truth. But verse 45:14 says otherwise. Read also 16:128.

(9:29)  
"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth , "   (45:14)    
"Tell those who believe, to forgive those who do not hope for the Days of Allah; It is for Him to recompense (for good or evil) each people according to what they have earned"

http://www.answering-christianity.com/quran/persecute.htm

11. God's advice to Muhammed on propagating Islam
   We have seen apologists quoting verses from the Quran in support of their claim that the Quran does not recommend forceful conversions. The verse they often quote is 2:256 which says "There is no compulsion in religion". There are also many verses in the Quran which suggest otherwise and these have already appeared on web pages. Here we see two contradicting directives from God on conveying Allah's religion to the people:

(3:20)  
"So if they dispute thee, say: "I have permitted my whole self to Allah and so have those who follow me",  "Do you (also) submit yourselves? If they do, they are in right guidance. But if they turn back, thy duty is to convey the message. And in Allah's sight are (all) His servants"   (8:38-39)    
"Say to the Unbelievers, if (now) they desist (from disbelief), their past would be forgiven; but if they persist, the punishment of those before them is already (a matter of warning to them). And fight them on until there is no more persecution and the religion becomes Allah's in its entirety,  "

Is verse 8:38-39 an abrogation of verse 3:20? If that is the case, can we recommend the directives in verse 8:38-39 as the standard method to be followed by all Muslims? Or is the latter verse given during the context of war? To me, these verses reflect the changing moods of the prophet in response to the public reaction he received. We see a content & tolerant messenger in verse 3:20 and a contempt and aggressive messenger in verse 8:38-39!

http://www.answering-christianity.com/quran/propagate.htm

So sister I have provided answers to all your allegations, go through them and rebut asmany as you can and I will explain. When we are through with all these, you will explain to me in the bible how 500 turned 5000, 800 to 8000 and other issues. Apart from getting answers to your questions, you will learn more about Islam, christianity and other issues which your pastors have been hiding from you and unable to answer.

Take care.
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by babs787(m): 1:01pm On May 10, 2007
@stimulus

It is usual for dishonest people to praise themselves - and that is what you have been proving. When I offered you that challenge earlier about rank-xeroxing from other websites, what did you do? Did you honestly acknowledge that was what you were doing? It was simply because you refused to be man enough to acknowledge it, that is why I exposed your fraud this time around. So enjoy it.

You are free to shout till tomorrow. The fact remains that I have not even exposed anything. I have my notes if you care to know that I give to people like to read if they feel like knowing more about religion. I still at times update my knowledge from internet because thats what they are created for, so I see no reason why should contiinue barking like one being possessed.

Quote from: babs787 on Today at 12:15:04 PM
never mind, you know that I have not created any thread, when your BP come back to normal, I will serve you real hot questions which you must answer like I have been doing here.

Why are you lying again, babs787? You have NOT created ANY thread?? Haba, alhaji. . . I hope your folks can read and understand how much exposure you're lending in support to my assertions that you really act like a total stranger to truth. Before you rank-xerox and plagiarize more articles to pretend that they are your own, please tell me who started all the following threads? --

101 Contradictions In the Bible

Easter: The Truth And Questions For Christians

Which Is The Real Jesus?

Was Jesus Sent To The Whole World Or Prophet Muhammad

Jesus vs. Prophecy

Is Jesus God?

Did Jesus Die For Our Sin? Which Sin?

Just only one thread I opened, body begin bite you?? See who is now agitated and lying to himself! I am so sorry for you, babs787 - it does not help to lie: people are reading how much you are further exposing your dishonesty!!

Cool down, your eye never red finish! You're so disturbed now that you can't even be honest with yourself. "Truth has come - falsehood don perish!

You know what brother, try to understand posts before posting anything which means that you should reason before posting anything.

If you dont understand what I meant, I said since I exposed your falsehood on the imcompleteness of the bible, you have been creating threads and babs has never done so. My response hit you real hard and you went annoyingly to create threads, never mind, when I am through with your alleged contradictions, I will post more on your doctrines and you must run. Be prepared.

TRUTH HAS COME FALSEHOOD IS BOUND TO PERSIH.
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by stimulus(m): 1:17pm On May 10, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

You are free to shout till tomorrow. The fact remains that I have not even exposed anything. I have my notes if you care to know that I give to people like to read if they feel like knowing more about religion. I still at times update my knowledge from internet because thats what they are created for, so I see no reason why should contiinue barking like one being possessed.

How many times have you barked like one who hasn't been cured of a jinn attache? The games you and your folks have been playing all along didn't seem to help your reasoning until it has come back home to you, and you're sobbing like the world has ended. Your antics are being exposed - live with it!

babs787:

You know what brother, try to understand posts before posting anything which means that you should reason before posting anything.

You should be taking your own pills before prescribing for others.

babs787:

If you don't understand what I meant, I said since I exposed your falsehood on the imcompleteness of the bible, you have been creating threads and babs has never done so.

Another falsehood that you need to edit here before anyone sees it? I created only one thread - not several thread[b]s[/b]!! Besides, your statement earlier is precisely saying that you have not created ANY thread! Coming back to twist and sugar-coat your statement is what dishonest people do. Stop it - you're bigger than that!!

babs787:

My response hit you real hard and you went annoyingly to create threads, never mind, when I am through with your alleged contradictions, I will post more on your doctrines and you must run. Be prepared.

Only lackeys praise themselves in the hope that their burdens and embarrassments will become lighter! If you're less than a man and a true lackey, be my guest! grin

However, you can keep sobbing and having nightmares. You don't even have the shame any more to cover up your deception, so much so that you read other people's threads and attribute them to me! Go round and bring out the several threads (plural) that I have opened! Your nightmares have been hunting you for a long time. Live with it!!

babs787:

TRUTH HAS COME FALSEHOOD IS BOUND TO PERSIH.
Na so. grin We know who is beginning to see with jiga in his eyes!
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by nossycheek(f): 1:59pm On May 10, 2007
@babs787

You have finally exposed your stupidity and that is where I actually want to drag you to. Well, until you post the contradictions one after the other, answer the questions which I believe are not too much for you. Referring nairalanders to a website is so disgraceful cheesy, The tortoise has finally come out of its shelf.

The truth has come, falsehood is bound to perish. grin
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by stimulus(m): 2:10pm On May 10, 2007
nossycheek:

@babs787

You have finally exposed your stupidity and that is where I actually want to drag you to. . . Referring Nairaland users to a website is so disgraceful cheesy, The tortoise has finally come out of its shelf.

Kai!! Finally! He did not know what this was all about - to lead him to open up that all his scholarship were actually RANK-XEROXED and PLAGIARIZED from other websites!! cheesy grin cheesy Ojibijibijibi!! undecided

If only he had seen it coming, he would not have sunk his own ship!!

nossycheek:

The truth has come, falsehood is bound to perish. grin

Na so! grin
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by babs787(m): 2:22pm On May 10, 2007
@noisycheeks

As your names implies you have started behaving like your brother. Am waiting for your rebuttal to those lies posted by your authors in which I have answered. Please let me have your rebuttal.

Now if you need answers, post the remaining questions one at a time with full translation of every verse and babs will surely respond. Please make sure you give full translation for every verse posted on contradiction posted.

@stimulus

Dont worry it has not got to that. When am through with your allegations, you will defend you religion by replying some questions. You are well known for abuse when you have nothing to offer. As for the website, you should try to refute those supplied on the imcompleteness of the bible before going round in circles. Go there and refute the response in the thread, 'is the bible complete' , then we will know if sites are worth relying on at times. It seems you have not been reading the posts of babyosis, nossycheeks that have been lifting from sites cos if you have been, you wouldnt come here tendering your ignorance.

You may shout from now till tomorrow, the fact remains, when am through with your allegations, I will surely ask you some questions in which you must not dodge as you are well known for that.

stay glued.
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by stimulus(m): 2:42pm On May 10, 2007
@babs787,

babs787:

@stimulus

Dont worry it has not got to that. When am through with your allegations, you will defend you religion by replying some questions.

Humour me more! As long as you continue to prove yourself as a lackey, there's nothing to defend. cheesy

babs787:

You are well known for abuse when you have nothing to offer.

And what are you known for? Go over to the other threads where you have done nothing more than plagiarized other people's artcles as your own, and then categorically called us names. I've often warned you to behave; but just a single thread I opened in answer to your challenges, and you're having nightmares. If I had opened 7 threads nko - will you die straight to the Islamic hell?

I'm quite accommodating; but that doesn't mean you should be so rascally to continually be a schlepp with vitriol against others - to the extent that you ahve categorically referred to Muslim translators as LIARS in the thread I opened!! It was simply because I don't tow that rascally behaviour of yours, that is why I summarized my rejoinder to your so-called answers in my thread.

babs787:

As for the website, you should try to refute those supplied on the imcompleteness of the bible before going round in circles.

I also provided answers in my thread for the "missing books" you alleged against the Bible. Your problem is that you are almost dying out of the embarrassment that I simply applied your own antics on your Qur'an.

babs787:

Go there and refute the response in the thread, 'is the bible complete' , then we will know if sites are worth relying on at times.

Point of correction: your PLAGIARIZED response! grin I really don't stoop that low, babs787. When you begin to reason on your own, call on me and we will talk, man-to-man!

babs787:

It seems you have not been reading the posts of babyosis, nossycheeks that have been lifting from sites because if you have been, you wouldnt come here tendering your ignorance.

If I was ignorant at all, how would I ever have known that you were plagiarizing other people's articles and claiming them as your own? grin It is really sinister for you to cop out other people's article and pretend them as yours - which is not what babyosisi and nossycheek were doing. You may not know it, but I saw where nossycheek was leading you all the while. . . and like the lackey you typically are, you fell for her trap!! Smart babe she is!! grin grin

Relax! Plagiarism is not so much of a crime if you give credit to the authors. cheesy

babs787:

You may shout from now till tomorrow, the fact remains, when am through with your allegations, I will surely ask you some questions in which you must not dodge as you are well known for that.

Olodo. grin If I was dodging, why did I open that thread to answer your drivel and noise? On top of it, how many times did your eyes turn red when you read how you exposed yourself - the doublespeak, the lies, the calumny?? grin

babs787:

stay glued.

It's a small world. Grow up and stop copping people's articles as yours without giving them due credit - that's theft! More than that, it's sinsiter to calumniate your own Muslim authors!! grin cheesy
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by Mosetra(f): 2:53pm On May 10, 2007

@ babs787
i read with great interest all your arguments. never knew we had experts who can interprete the bible and who have even written articles about it. You should establish a Bible college where we would come learn from.  wink What beats me however is how one can claim 2 understand what he doesn't even know. My dear, the Bible is way beyond your comprehension because God reveals the meaning of its contents to whomever he chooses to and more importantly to those whose hearts are opened to know the truth and which to me you are obviously are not interested in. So, drop this discussion and stop grieving the Holy Spirit!

I'm sure by now you are close to bursting!  grin grin grin
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by Gwaine(m): 6:56pm On May 14, 2007
stimulus:

I've often warned you to behave; but just a single thread I opened in answer to your challenges, and you're having nightmares. If I had opened 7 threads nko - will you die straight to the Islamic hell?

Huh?

Mosetra:

I'm sure by now you are close to bursting!  grin grin grin

Just for babs??
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by babs787(m): 11:15am On May 15, 2007
@Mosetra

Close to bursting? Far from that. So the bible cannot be understood by ordinary person huh?

@stimulus

Quote from: stimulus on May 10, 2007, 02:42 PM
I've often warned you to behave; but just a single thread I opened in answer to your challenges, and you're having nightmares. If I had opened 7 threads nko - will you die straight to the Islamic hell?

You are the one having problem ever since I exposed your bible. I have provided detailed response to your post, you only need to go there with your clown that joined nairaland recently and read my reply. I have no problem with your post, in fact, you are free to create threads now that your accomplice is around.
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by Gwaine(m): 11:21am On May 15, 2007
babs787:

You are the one having problem ever since I exposed your bible. I have provided detailed response to your post, you only need to go there with your clown that joined nairaland recently and read my reply. I have no problem with your post, in fact, you are free to create threads now that your accomplice is around.

No qualms. I can take anything - but I can equally serve twice as good.  cool
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by nossycheek(f): 11:52am On May 15, 2007
@Gwaine, babyosisi, Pilgrim.1, Stimulus

Pls take it easy with blabs e be like the guy want to burst. He is no longer finding it easy. Even, Al-tagiyah seem not to be able to help him out

@blabs

I hope it is not soooooo hot for you in here. cheesy
Re: 11 More Contradictions In The Qur'an by babs787(m): 2:36pm On May 15, 2007
@noisycheeks

Far from that, I am not perturbed. Am just worried about this your brother who has been threatening all these while. He never knew that nothing moves babs

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Brief Summary Of The Church History / Big Calamity: Church Is Not Holy, According To The Bible / Death Prophecy For Corrupt Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 400
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.