Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,547 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group (22182 Views)

Tinubu Condemns Terror Attack On Kuje Prison, Calls For Vigilance / MACBAN: No More Night Grazing, Underaged Grazing In South-west / We Are Worried About Movement Of Almajiris Into Our Region - SouthEast Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 24, 2019
LLobiorah:

Oga leave talk!
Exempt anambra, don't make a case out of a state, I didn't mention. Don't be brazenly mischievous.

Whatever Ebonyi holds dear today is based on what she has seen and felt from the 'supposedly eastern states'. The blames are there, and if umahi is upholding it, he's not in any way trying to justify as a excuse not to do his job.

Leave the man Oga!

I will leave, just that the statement should be stopped and nipped in the mud.

We have all outgrown that and should be aiming high.

Such statement shouldn't be emanating from a governor all time.

In sincere terms, is uncalled for.

1 Like

Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by LLobiorah: 7:17pm On Jun 24, 2019
Juliusmalema:

I will leave, just that the statement should be stopped and nipped in the mud.

We have all outgrown that and should be aiming high.

Such statement shouldn't be emanating from a governor all time.

In sincere terms, is uncalled for.

Yes we should all aim high, and he's truly. But only if you Oga would criticize with sense.

1 Like

Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 24, 2019
LLobiorah:

[s]What's more divisive than 'ebonyi are 3rd class igbos, Muslims, not fit to be in south east'?
You Julius Malema has never deemed it fit to see anything good umahi does. [/s]

Just looking for ways to attack a man, who doesn't know about your existence. You are so insecure bro!

Learn to forget issues....is golden.

I have always acknowledge him where necessary but his recent actions calls for concern from well meaning igbos.
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by LLobiorah: 7:28pm On Jun 24, 2019
Juliusmalema:

Learn to forget issues....is golden.

I have always acknowledge him where necessary but his recent actions calls for concern from well meaning igbos.

Sorry, which recent actions?
Mind sharing with us?

1 Like

Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by MetaPhysical: 7:30pm On Jun 24, 2019
Juliusmalema:

The South East Governors Forum have rejected the demand by the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association (MACBAN) for the establishment of a vigilante group in the southeast to protect their members.

MACBAN made the proposal during the Southeast Security Summit in Enugu last week.

The summit was convened by the Southeast Governors’ Forum to profer solution to lingering clashes between herders and farmer in the region.

The clashes have led to killings and destruction of farmlands.

Since the report of MACBAN’s demands last week, harsh reactions have been directed at the governors by various interest groups in the zone.

Many more condemnations were also directed at the governor’s on social media with many alleging that the governors were in agreement with MACBAN on the issue.

But the governors on Monday denied ever being ready to allow such suggestions come to fruition.

The Chairman of the Forum and Governor of Ebonyi State, David Umahi stated this in a statement in Abakaliki

The statement was released by his Chief Press Secretary, Emmanuel Uzor.

Mr Umahi described the allegation of the Governors allowing MACBAN to form vigilance group as strange.

“I find it extremely strange for anybody to think that none locals in any part of the country including South East could be allowed to form vigilante outfit”.

” The Miyetti Allah group may have made that suggestion which I believe will never mean to form a vigilante in South East Whichever is the meaning, no Governor will allow that”

“South East Governors have their local vigilantes working with security agencies. Any such demand by Miyetti group is a joke and not acceptable. Governors of South East are doing their best and we have no problems receiving insults from our people. It is the price for leadership.

Read Also; Miyetti Allah and security in Southeast

“The important thing to us is the safety and well-being of our people. Opc and other pressure groups may not have found it fashionable to be insulting their leaders even when their leaders may not be saints”, the governor said.

Governor Umahi further disclosed that his task is to develop Ebonyi State, contribute in rebuilding South East and Nigeria.

“My calling is not to insult others for me to do these . Have we been fairly treated? No. Can we solve the problem by hate speeches? For me no. Nobody no matter the level of pretence can change my style of peaceful leadership. Ebonyi, in particular, has suffered so much even in the context of South East. We believe that we do not need hate speeches as a strategy to solve our problems”

“Finally, no Miyetti vigilante in South East, no cattle ranch or colony but we must live peacefully with herdsmen that do not destroy our farmland especially those that were born here and have lived peacefully with us. All South East governors are together in this position”, the governor said. Ends

https://thenationonlineng.net/southeast-governors-reject-macbans-demand-for-vigilance-group/?fbclid=IwAR1NlMSGyCtNJa3g8gCpPJ4Mi8J7FbGoQDEnYt4XXcG7e8jT1LFOpLXSSSI

grin grin grin
bloody betrayers of Southerners, Cowards and Fulani slaves coming out to save face after they bent their backside over for fulani to impale.

Have they ever held a security summit with ipob to plan security and safety of Iboland?

So what do they want Ohanaeze Youth to do now, recall their sacked Fulani maiguards? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2019
LLobiorah:

Yes we should all aim high, and he's truly. But only if you Oga would criticize with sense.

I have always criticize constructively.
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by duncun: 7:35pm On Jun 24, 2019

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by TruthinAction: 7:37pm On Jun 24, 2019
Juliusmalema:

The South East Governors Forum have rejected the demand by the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association (MACBAN) for the establishment of a vigilante group in the southeast to protect their members.

MACBAN made the proposal during the Southeast Security Summit in Enugu last week.

The summit was convened by the Southeast Governors’ Forum to profer solution to lingering clashes between herders and farmer in the region.

The clashes have led to killings and destruction of farmlands.

Since the report of MACBAN’s demands last week, harsh reactions have been directed at the governors by various interest groups in the zone.

Many more condemnations were also directed at the governor’s on social media with many alleging that the governors were in agreement with MACBAN on the issue.

But the governors on Monday denied ever being ready to allow such suggestions come to fruition.

The Chairman of the Forum and Governor of Ebonyi State, David Umahi stated this in a statement in Abakaliki

The statement was released by his Chief Press Secretary, Emmanuel Uzor.

Mr Umahi described the allegation of the Governors allowing MACBAN to form vigilance group as strange.

“I find it extremely strange for anybody to think that none locals in any part of the country including South East could be allowed to form vigilante outfit”.

” The Miyetti Allah group may have made that suggestion which I believe will never mean to form a vigilante in South East Whichever is the meaning, no Governor will allow that”

“South East Governors have their local vigilantes working with security agencies. Any such demand by Miyetti group is a joke and not acceptable. Governors of South East are doing their best and we have no problems receiving insults from our people. It is the price for leadership.

Read Also; Miyetti Allah and security in Southeast

“The important thing to us is the safety and well-being of our people. Opc and other pressure groups may not have found it fashionable to be insulting their leaders even when their leaders may not be saints”, the governor said.

Governor Umahi further disclosed that his task is to develop Ebonyi State, contribute in rebuilding South East and Nigeria.

“My calling is not to insult others for me to do these . Have we been fairly treated? No. Can we solve the problem by hate speeches? For me no. Nobody no matter the level of pretence can change my style of peaceful leadership. Ebonyi, in particular, has suffered so much even in the context of South East. We believe that we do not need hate speeches as a strategy to solve our problems”

“Finally, no Miyetti vigilante in South East, no cattle ranch or colony but we must live peacefully with herdsmen that do not destroy our farmland especially those that were born here and have lived peacefully with us. All South East governors are together in this position”, the governor said. Ends

https://thenationonlineng.net/southeast-governors-reject-macbans-demand-for-vigilance-group/?fbclid=IwAR1NlMSGyCtNJa3g8gCpPJ4Mi8J7FbGoQDEnYt4XXcG7e8jT1LFOpLXSSSI

Where they even supposed to give it a consideration? The truth is that pressure groups forced them to do so otherwise, they almost compromised as though they were under a spell.

1 Like

Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by MetaPhysical: 7:38pm On Jun 24, 2019

It is an insult and a slap in their face that a union of Fulani cow herders would even dare tell a forum of five governors to their face that they are taking the successful Fulani vigilante arrangement in Enugu and expanding it to all the rest of SE.

Will they dare say that to Yoruba Governors? or even their own Governors in North?

All the talk about Ibo bravery is bullshyyte, Ibo is a coward.

The herder union even scammed Umahi and told him he will be the next Nigerian President in 2023. grin grin grin

Were ni darandaran oni malu. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by LLobiorah: 7:39pm On Jun 24, 2019
Juliusmalema:

I have always criticize constructively.

I hear you,devil's right hand
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by LLobiorah: 7:41pm On Jun 24, 2019
duncun:
We are in this together that's why we will continue to fight all the negative stereotypes in Igboland , Ebonyi is part of south east and they're fully igbos and no one will devide our land.

Bless you.

1 Like

Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by MetaPhysical: 7:43pm On Jun 24, 2019
LLobiorah:

That guy is no Ibo. He either went to school in Iboland or was born there and know the language. I cant be sure but I suspect this guy is from North.

1 Like

Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by degamemaster(m): 7:44pm On Jun 24, 2019
Nigeriabiafra80:
Thanks to nnamdi kanu he is really giving them back to vack

Exactly, if not for him and IPOB, fulanis would've taken over everywhere in the south and East. God bless Nnamdi Kanu, God bless Biafraland.

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by MetaPhysical: 7:47pm On Jun 24, 2019
Is MACBAN here in Nairaland? Raise your hand if you are a Fulani cow herder.

Na Allah go punish una. MACBAN is banned from entering Heaven. Awon were! See as you turn five sitting governors into d0mmies and tossed around like toys. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by LLobiorah: 7:50pm On Jun 24, 2019
MetaPhysical:

That guy is no Ibo. He either went to school in Iboland or was born there and know the language. I cant be sure but I suspect this guy is from North.

Alright
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 24, 2019
LLobiorah:

I forgive you for this outrageous statement.
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 24, 2019
MetaPhysical:

grin grin grin
bloody betrayers of Southerners, Cowards and Fulani slaves coming out to save face after they bent their backside over for fulani to impale.

Have they ever held a security summit with ipob to plan security and safety of Iboland?

So what do they want Ohanaeze Youth to do now, recall their sacked Fulani maiguards? grin grin grin

Go for una SW summit, stop hovering around igbo matter....I bu amusu??
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by MetaPhysical: 8:13pm On Jun 24, 2019
Juliusmalema:

Go for una SW summit, stop hovering around igbo matter....I bu amusu??

I ask Fulani cow herders to identify, you showed up!

grin grin You can deceive Ibo people with your Ibo lexicon, not me.

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 24, 2019
LLobiorah:

Alright

Wonderful.

You perfectly responded to that son of awolowo driven away from futa djallon and is busy scavenging in lowland of africa.

He will leave SW summit in which there govenors even invited macban, opc to the summit and be hovering like Ochie Amusu on Igbo thread.

When Herdsmen are busy raping both their women and men and hanging their asses in the air he won't see that...

Hypocrites that wants to rule Somalia Iraq in 2023 not this lugard creation.

Cc

Metaphysical
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 24, 2019
LLobiorah:

Sorry, which recent actions?
Mind sharing with us?

Is all over, no need sharing...
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by LLobiorah: 8:21pm On Jun 24, 2019
Juliusmalema:

Is all over, no need sharing...

Lolz
No lies to share abi?
Sure, is all over.
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by LLobiorah: 8:22pm On Jun 24, 2019
Juliusmalema:

Wonderful.

You perfectly responded to that son of awolowo driven away from futa djallon and is busy scavenging in lowland of africa.

He will leave SW summit in which there govenors even invited macban, opc to the summit and be hovering like Ochie Amusu on Igbo thread.

When Herdsmen are busy raping both their women and men and hanging their asses in the air he won't see that...

Hypocrites that wants to rule Somalia Iraq in 2023 not this lugard creation.

Cc

Metaphysical

Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 24, 2019
MetaPhysical:

If you have any remaining shame, u should just prepare and go for summit to salvage your people from the evil machinations of your caliphatesand lords and not running around here like akwuna-oku.
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 24, 2019
LLobiorah:

Lolz
No lies to share abi?
Sure, is all over.

None just want to face that yoruba boy fully.
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by MetaPhysical: 8:39pm On Jun 24, 2019
Juliusmalema:

If you have any remaining shame, u should just prepare and go for summit to salvage your people from the evil machinations of your caliphatesand lords and not running around here like akwuna-oku.

grin grin grin
I only pity the Ibo people you deceived for so long and they believed falsely that you were one of them. Are you not proud of your own roots enough to tell everybody where you are from? What is shameful about your native land that you are so afraid to share?

I am proud Yoruba, anytime I come out Ibos know where I stand. Not so with you, you are a backstabber. You have stabbed them in their back for so long. Now they know. Retire this yeye monicker. It is no longer useful for your busted agenda to cause division in Iboland. Go get another one. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 24, 2019
MetaPhysical:

grin grin grin
I only pity the Ibo people you deceived for so long and they believed falsely that you were one of them. Are you not proud of your own roots enough to tell everybody where you are from? What is shameful about your native land that you are so afraid to share?

I am proud Yoruba, anytime I come out Ibos know where I stand. Not so with you, you are a backstabberawolowo. [s]You have stabbed them in their back for so long[/s]awolowo. Now they know. Retire this yeye monicker he drank rat poison. It is no longer useful for your busted agenda to cause division in Iboland. Go get another one. grin grin

I fix the right words where it should be.

Take it to Awo and June 12 Abiola.
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by OfficialAPCNig: 8:54pm On Jun 24, 2019
slowbreeze:

Na so oh...Rapu Ndi ara..Ha echefugo na "Igbo enweghi Eze";that they are in charge today doesn't mean they can't be called to order..Igbos that have even rebelled against gods of the old.. We will keep telling them as it is.If they like they should call it insult. Concern dem..
You have said it all.

We are proud of every Igbo blood and ever dependable PANDEF and Yoruba Christians (Afenifere, terror of yoruba moslems) that called out those hediots that parade themselves as Governors.

Ndi ara.

1 Like

Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by MetaPhysical: 9:05pm On Jun 24, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

You have said it all.

We are proud of every Igbo blood and ever dependable PANDEF and Yoruba Christians (Afenifere, terror of yoruba moslems) that called out those hediots that parade themselves as Governors.

Ndi ara.

When are you going to praise Yoruba muslims that bashed both macban and your yeye governors on twitter? grin
Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by Nigeriabiafra80: 10:07pm On Jun 24, 2019
degamemaster:

Exactly, if not for him and IPOB, fulanis would've taken over everywhere in the south and East. God bless Nnamdi Kanu, God bless Biafraland.
u understand their game, we are now fully aware

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Governors Reject Macban’s Demand For Vigilance Group by achibest: 10:21pm On Jun 24, 2019
MetaPhysical:

gringrin
Opening of nyash

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soldiers, Police, Amotekun Hunt Bandits Over Killing Of Ondo Farmer’s Children / Troops Kill Three Terrorists, Recover Arms In Chikun LGA (Pictures) / Buhari Arrives Togo Ahead Of ECOWAS-ECCAS Summit(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.