Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Ondo Government Acquires N2.1 Billion Worth Of new Medical Equipment (photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ondo Government Acquires N2.1 Billion Worth Of new Medical Equipment (photos) (24577 Views)

Coronavirus: Zamfara Government Acquires 12 Ventilators, 20,000 Test Kits / COVID-19: Enugu State Government Acquires 2 Ambulances And 1 Incident Vehicle / Akeredolu Commissions New Medical Equipment To Boost HealthCare In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Government Acquires N2.1 Billion Worth Of new Medical Equipment (photos) by Sanromeo(m): 4:21pm On Jun 24, 2019
The Ondo State Government has taken delivery of new medical equipment worth N2.1 billion.

The new medical equipment are meant to aid the delivery of Qualitative health services in the state.

Ondo State Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, took to his twitter handle to announce the delivery of the first batch of the 20 container trucks.

In his words: "#TalkAndDO Today we took delivery of over N2.1 Billion worth of Medical Equipment (20 Containers) from our partners @medshare. This is just the first batch. We understand that health is wealth and we are doing all in our power to equip all our hospitals. #DevelopOndo"

In another tweet, he stressed that; "Our goal is to ensure that all health centers in the state are equipped with world class equipment and with the launch of our contributory health care scheme, ILERA LORO, we will be removing the barriers to access to quality healthcare statewide. #DevelopOndo"

Akeredolu said that the multimillion Naira ultramodern and state-of-the-art biomedical equipment will be distributed across all the health facilities in the state.

He, however, asked the health professionals in the state to put the equipment to effective and good use.

https://twitter.com/RotimiAkeredolu/status/1143138327794786304?s=19

4 Likes

Re: Ondo Government Acquires N2.1 Billion Worth Of new Medical Equipment (photos) by Sanromeo(m): 4:23pm On Jun 24, 2019
More photos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Government Acquires N2.1 Billion Worth Of new Medical Equipment (photos) by Nbote(m): 5:06pm On Jun 24, 2019
Last last poor maintenance would kill dem plus most of those items will b stolen and sold by hospital staff

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo Government Acquires N2.1 Billion Worth Of new Medical Equipment (photos) by akinbode1(m): 7:01pm On Jun 24, 2019
Good one Mr Governor

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Government Acquires N2.1 Billion Worth Of new Medical Equipment (photos) by helinues: 7:02pm On Jun 24, 2019
Wow

Aketi is really focusing on health sectors in Ondo state.

Nice one

10 Likes

Re: Ondo Government Acquires N2.1 Billion Worth Of new Medical Equipment (photos) by Kendumazy(m): 7:02pm On Jun 24, 2019
Good one
Re: Ondo Government Acquires N2.1 Billion Worth Of new Medical Equipment (photos) by Elfather12: 7:02pm On Jun 24, 2019
Thank God , Baba go slow u don’t need to travel to ik again �‍♂️, Next lebul.

8 Likes

Re: Ondo Government Acquires N2.1 Billion Worth Of new Medical Equipment (photos) by walozanga(m): 7:02pm On Jun 24, 2019
good
Re: Ondo Government Acquires N2.1 Billion Worth Of new Medical Equipment (photos) by iwantolive: 7:02pm On Jun 24, 2019
please somebody should help employ my brother or my younger sis so they wont kill me..I am 34,no plan to settle down yet because of family responsibility..i have to care for my aging parents and my siblings.i am exhausted,confused and helpless..i have been battling depression for the past 11 years,and now this situation is making it worse...please my people help me out f this mess..my bro is an accountant,he worked in a bank few years ago before he resigned,he actually wanted to travel to Europe.please he can do any job..my Little sis has OND and BSC in MASS COMMUNICATION...please my people i need one of them to be employed to make my life a little bit easier,i am suffering..from one dept to another,please somebody should help.

72 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Ondo Government Acquires N2.1 Billion Worth Of new Medical Equipment (photos) by ayodaisi: 7:02pm On Jun 24, 2019
Aketi is the answer

1 Like

Re: Ondo Government Acquires N2.1 Billion Worth Of new Medical Equipment (photos) by oluwasegun007(m): 7:02pm On Jun 24, 2019
JESU!

Medical items worth billions inside kpali... shocked shocked

I was expecting to see MRI machine etc

Oya na... We are watching from high places

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo Government Acquires N2.1 Billion Worth Of new Medical Equipment (photos) by sloye5(m): 7:03pm On Jun 24, 2019
Lol 2.1 billion. Someone just got richer

21 Likes

Re: Ondo Government Acquires N2.1 Billion Worth Of new Medical Equipment (photos) by Sanromeo(m): 7:03pm On Jun 24, 2019
AKETI IS WORKING!

The governor also commissioned the office of Ondo State Contributory Health Commission, Today, 24th June, 2019.

The Ondo State Contributory Health Commission is aimed at ensuring that all residents of Ondo State have financial protection, physical access to quality & affordable Health Care Services.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Government Acquires N2.1 Billion Worth Of new Medical Equipment (photos) by OndoFirstBorn(m): 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2019
For clarity, the Ondo State government did not BUY these equipment. The equipment were donated to the Ondo State government. Arakunrin Akeredolu secured the medical equipment from MedShare, a U.S.-based non-profit organisation in Atlanta to strengthen the state's health. They are all FREE OF CHARGE. The state government only paid for the shipping of these equipment down to Nigeria.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Government Acquires N2.1 Billion Worth Of new Medical Equipment (photos) by itsme01: 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2019
smiley

Good move but $6million USD should buy you a lot more medical supply

If we want serious medical care in nigeria we need;

A:Cheap Health Contributory Health Insurance. ( common malaria treatment in a clinic requires a blood test kit, syringe, malaria drugs and sometimes drips all this without cost of Bed and Doctor service sets you back at over 5000).

B: Hospital Should be managed by a CMD who is a managerial, administrative and business trained preferebly with MBsc and not a medical doctor as wrongly practiced in Nigeria.

C: Primary health centers should be the most equiped and financed so as to be able to manage minor illness, deseases, diagonisis, drug dispesory, so that General Hospitals and Teaching hospitals can manage more serious conditions without congestion or overcrowding.

6 Likes

Re: Ondo Government Acquires N2.1 Billion Worth Of new Medical Equipment (photos) by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jun 24, 2019
sloye5:
Lol 2.1 billion. Someone just got richer

U dey mind them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Government Acquires N2.1 Billion Worth Of new Medical Equipment (photos) by OFS1(m): 7:05pm On Jun 24, 2019
Thoughtful
Re: Ondo Government Acquires N2.1 Billion Worth Of new Medical Equipment (photos) by ainas247: 7:05pm On Jun 24, 2019
medshare don hammer...
Grace fall me ooooo
Re: Ondo Government Acquires N2.1 Billion Worth Of new Medical Equipment (photos) by RDPMAN: 7:05pm On Jun 24, 2019
Kudos to the ONDO STATE GOVERNMENT.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Government Acquires N2.1 Billion Worth Of new Medical Equipment (photos) by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:06pm On Jun 24, 2019
Good development
Re: Ondo Government Acquires N2.1 Billion Worth Of new Medical Equipment (photos) by Danwakae(m): 7:06pm On Jun 24, 2019
U only see this kinda good news prior to election....

Election don dey reach.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Government Acquires N2.1 Billion Worth Of new Medical Equipment (photos) by ishowdotgmail(m): 7:06pm On Jun 24, 2019
2.1bn items, just an half picture undecided
Re: Ondo Government Acquires N2.1 Billion Worth Of new Medical Equipment (photos) by sonnie10: 7:08pm On Jun 24, 2019
those beds and inflatable mattresses need 24 hours constant electricity to function as supposed.
Re: Ondo Government Acquires N2.1 Billion Worth Of new Medical Equipment (photos) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 24, 2019
I am not a kill joy neither am I persimmist not frustrated but I know better than to believe all these stories. I know for sure that assuming this news is true, I mean let's assume it is not some scam to win election like what happened with ibom air or what happened to the roads built by Roaches Okorocha. I believe that the worth of those so called medical equipment will not be up to 20 million and 200 million at best.

They said they are still expecting delivery of other equipment, YOU GO WAIT TIRE. To know that it is a scam, thy only show the pictures of beddings. A serious minded and sincere government will show pictures of heavy equipment and large store-full of hospital beddings. The rest 1.8billion naira must have been pocketed by Akeredolu and his family members and crooks.

Nigerian Governors are all the same. No different from MMM mavrodi. they are all thieves in agbada

7 Likes

Re: Ondo Government Acquires N2.1 Billion Worth Of new Medical Equipment (photos) by Stillthebest: 7:10pm On Jun 24, 2019
Someone is really promoting Aketi at the eleventh hour.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Have Spent N31 Billion To Fight COVID-19 In Nigeria — Ahmed Idris / Aso Rock Clinic DOES NOT Have Paracetamol Or Cotton Wool - TheCable / Misconceptions About People Living With Sickle Cell Disease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.