Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Please Help My Poultry Business - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please Help My Poultry Business (2158 Views)

The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) / My Poultry Farm - Part 2 / My Poultry Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help My Poultry Business by johnugwu: 2:09pm On Oct 06, 2010
please is it true that when you are rearing birds (especially broilers) that after you dispose a set u dont put in new ones immediately and what is the likely consequence
Re: Please Help My Poultry Business by Woke4all(m): 4:15pm On Oct 06, 2010
It's not true All you need is steady vaccination.
Re: Please Help My Poultry Business by johnugwu: 4:27pm On Oct 06, 2010
please what drugs can do a better vacination
Re: Please Help My Poultry Business by Woke4all(m): 4:37pm On Oct 06, 2010
^^
It depends on the age/types of the birds.

Though am not a vet doctor but i use to hv a little poultry of about 100birds before i went to school.

I will advise you see a vet docdepending on your farm size  or still make some google research.
Re: Please Help My Poultry Business by Gbosh(m): 7:35pm On Oct 06, 2010
Hello,

I may not know much about poultry right now but I hope to get started very soon, I'll advice that you get a vet doc save you all your trial and error, especially if your farm is for commercial purpose

Regars
Re: Please Help My Poultry Business by knice(m): 8:46am On Oct 07, 2010
Exporting of locally agricultural products like cashew,charcoal,chillipepper and many more is a thriving business I will recommend for anyone who can afford the start-up capital.If you are a beginner, we assist you with all the resources,start-up kits & valuable Information to start./07033097160 A nice day.
Re: Please Help My Poultry Business by duzz: 9:08am On Oct 07, 2010
send me an email at matheworama@gmail.com o that i can end you free broiler chicken management guide in both text and video, we offer prefabricated broiler chicken houses as cheap price from 1,300 broiler house to over 140,000 broiler houses fully automated. http://www.kerawa.com/en/post/140735_broiler_chicken_houses.html, a normal broiler growing cycle is 7-9 flock a year from 28day o 42 days growing period
Re: Please Help My Poultry Business by ayodele123(m): 3:31pm On Oct 13, 2010
The major error that many people do in poultry farming is to operate it without knowledge on a trial and error basis.
This is the reason why many farmers in Nigeria have problems in the business that is very lucrative but requires knowledge to operate.
I have always emphasised on my poultry related posts on this forum that a vet doctor is indispensable to the success of a poultry business.
Without a qualified vet personnel in place and where the farmer has no vet skills,the business is as good as dead.
Vets are available everywhere and their services are very much affordable.
Poultry is very sensitive,requires prompt attention to details and it is not expected that the farmer should run to a forum to seek answers which may be late in coming and may be too late to solve the problem.
Please visit my poultry blog at www.johnayodele. for posts on poultry farming
To attend to the question on the thread, after a set of broilers has been disposed off,what you need to do immediately and before you can bring in a new set of birds is to clear the chicken house of the droppings and disinfect very thoroughly with lots of water and a strong disinfectant. Disinfect the walls and the floor and leave it to be dry. When it is fully dried, add fresh litter onto the floor and the fresh litter should be 4-5inches deep.
Then you can bring in a new set of birds
Regards
Re: Please Help My Poultry Business by ayodele123(m): 3:33pm On Oct 13, 2010
The major error that many people do in poultry farming is to operate it without knowledge on a trial and error basis.
This is the reason why many farmers in Nigeria have problems in the business that is very lucrative but requires knowledge to operate.
I have always emphasised on my poultry related posts on this forum that a vet doctor is indispensable to the success of a poultry business.
Without a qualified vet personnel in place and where the farmer has no vet skills,the business is as good as dead.
Vets are available everywhere and their services are very much affordable.
Poultry is very sensitive,requires prompt attention to details and it is not expected that the farmer should run to a forum to seek answers which may be late in coming and may be too late to solve the problem.
Please visit my poultry blog at     www.johnayodele.     for posts on poultry farming
To attend to the question on the thread, after a set of broilers has been disposed off,what you need to do immediately and before you can bring in a new set of birds is to clear the chicken house of the droppings and disinfect very thoroughly with lots of water and a strong disinfectant. Disinfect the walls and the floor and leave it to be dry. When it is fully dried, add fresh litter onto the floor and the fresh litter should be 4-5inches deep.
Then you can bring in a new set of birds
Regards
Re: Please Help My Poultry Business by ultrazone(m): 10:49pm On Jul 24, 2014
sdsa

(1) (Reply)

Pawpaw Farmers / Growing Mango Trees From Seed / Is There Any Grant For Agric New Startup In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.