Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,550 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / ‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community (17865 Views)

Masquerades Flog Nigerian Nurse Mercilessly, She Falls Into Gutter (Video) / Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) / Windstorm Kills 3 Villagers In Uhunowerre, Enugu; Community To Consult The Gods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community by OEPHIUS(m): 10:05pm On Jun 24, 2019
The activities of masquerades in Ogbodu-Aba, Udenu Local Government Area of Enugu State, popularly known as “Akatakpa” have been unanimously banned with immediate effect, following a meeting between Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi and the traditional ruler and other stakeholders of the community, at the Government House, Enugu, on Monday.

The meeting which was convened at the instance of Gov. Ugwuanyi, was aimed at resolving all lingering issues in the community since the election of the traditional ruler, HRH Igwe Peter Ejeh, in 2008.

Announcing the outcome of the meeting, the Permanent Secretary and Chief Administrative Officer to the Governor, Barr. Emma Ugwu, stated that “all warring factions in Ogbodu-Aba community have agreed to work together, withdraw all court matters and support their traditional ruler, HRH Igwe Peter Ejeh, in the spirit of peace and reconciliation, after eleven (11) years of misunderstanding”.

Barr. Ugwu added that after “the activities of ‘Akatakpa’ masquerades in Ogbodu-Aba were reviewed at the meeting, it was unanimously agreed that the masquerades be banned in the community with immediate effect”.

Enugu State is in the hands of God! #amokelouis

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community by ainas247: 11:10am On Jun 25, 2019
grin You mean this masquerade that this small boy beat grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RstR-N_VH4

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community by tundeontop: 11:11am On Jun 25, 2019
No be human being dey inside...
That's an infringement to his "freedom of movement"
Your people doesn't have the moral justification to call Buhari a tyrant. Tyranny is a timed bomb living inside everybody, it get ignited when time the reaches.

6 Likes

Re: ‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community by Ningi2020(m): 11:11am On Jun 25, 2019
Hmm masquerade or wahala
Re: ‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 11:12am On Jun 25, 2019
Who e ep
Re: ‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community by ikechukz(m): 11:12am On Jun 25, 2019
The God's are not to blame on this one undecided
Re: ‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community by Jestin: 11:13am On Jun 25, 2019
Seems the gods are no longer wise since they started to dance gbe body dia
Re: ‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community by Benekruku(m): 11:13am On Jun 25, 2019
This is uncalled for.

Intrusion on the human right of the believers

In equity, he should have banned Christianity and Islam also.

3 Likes

Re: ‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community by helinues: 11:15am On Jun 25, 2019
Banned on what offense?

Is there no freedom of associations?

1 Like

Re: ‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community by emmabest2000(m): 11:17am On Jun 25, 2019
If the name of the masquerade reminds you of that controversial monicker in Nairaland named ....
Oga Kpatakpata

Gather here pls grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community by thatigboman: 11:17am On Jun 25, 2019
Who's from that area? What did the masquerades do?
Re: ‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community by mekleelex200(m): 11:19am On Jun 25, 2019
MrMumu:
Nsukka people is the worse thing to ever happened to my beautiful enugu state
I wish u can express this ur point more, but all I can say from ur name u have a very low mind.

3 Likes

Re: ‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community by positivelord: 11:19am On Jun 25, 2019
No reasonable thing to discuss I guess ....Akatakpa? can you imagine...when other governors are thinking towards smart-cities, the fat Enugu governor sat down to discuss about masquerade..local chief couldnt do it I guess..nor the local government chairman.

*spit*

1 Like

Re: ‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community by Ikem11(m): 11:22am On Jun 25, 2019
MrMumu:
Nsukka people is the worse thing to ever happened to my beautiful enugu state

My friend type this your trash else where don't come trying to cos problems
Re: ‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community by TundeeednuT: 11:23am On Jun 25, 2019
Those bastards
Re: ‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community by Ikem11(m): 11:23am On Jun 25, 2019
mekleelex200:

I wish u can express this ur point more, but all I can say from ur name u have a very low mind.

Don't u see his Monika... He is a big fool and a wasted human being
Re: ‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community by SoftP(m): 11:24am On Jun 25, 2019
Nice moves towards civilisation'

Gradually breaking the Vail that ignites Abura
Re: ‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community by sammymama: 11:25am On Jun 25, 2019
K
Re: ‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community by odedinigbin(m): 11:26am On Jun 25, 2019
thatigboman:
Who's from that area? What did the masquerades do?

Some pple can ask stupid question!
Ask google or go to Enugu
And stop asking funny questions here
its too early abeg
Re: ‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community by thatigboman: 11:29am On Jun 25, 2019
odedinigbin:

Some pple can ask stupid question!
Ask google or go to Enugu
And stop asking funny questions here
its too early abeg
u are an ediot. Complete fuul

1 Like

Re: ‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community by Femijohn198: 11:42am On Jun 25, 2019
akatapka masquerade at udenu and nsukka are very mad in discipline people,i remember when I was doing my nysc there 2013, this masquerade Cain me with stick even when putting my nysc uniform begging me money when I refuse there now Cain me.

1 Like

Re: ‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community by HumanHairLovers(f): 11:44am On Jun 25, 2019
This guy's can be unusually rude.

Ladies need to look beautiful. Check my signature
Re: ‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community by eghuan1(m): 11:51am On Jun 25, 2019
I remember when as a corps member in Enugu state, a masquerade blocked our path and said the they must flog the female corper because she wore trousers and any female who wears trousers must not be seen by the masquerade.

We almost fought that day until the masquerade said corper you de vex o. Turns out they were our students

3 Likes

Re: ‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community by Zane2point4(m): 11:54am On Jun 25, 2019
That boy fighting the masquerade is plain stupid,at his age he already has such braveness to fight someone bigger than he is,what if he grows us,i depise aggressive PPI, not to talk of a small boy like this,product of bad parenting.
Re: ‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 12:36pm On Jun 25, 2019
Long overdue. Crossed the red line since 1900.
I still have fresh memory of how one akatakpa caused a fatal accident @ Obollo-Afor/Enugu - Ezike road in 2006.
They're now using it to intimidate people, extort money from innocent travelers. It should be for entertainment and celebration of culture.

Imoh Awka masquerade is another one that needs to be checked by the government.
Re: ‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community by dreamwords: 12:40pm On Jun 25, 2019
tundeontop:
No be human being dey inside...
That's an infringement to his "freedom of movement"
Your people doesn't have the moral justification to call Buhari a tyrant. Tyranny is a timed bomb living inside everybody, it get ignited when time the reaches.
You people don't,
Afonja Olodo

1 Like

Re: ‘akatakpa’ Masquerades Banned In Enugu Community by OzziOhinoyi(m): 1:05pm On Jun 25, 2019
shocked

Akatapka? Sounds familiar.

(1) (2) (Reply)

119 Villages Abolish Osu Caste System Practice In Nsukka / Oba Lawrence Adetemi Omowole Is Dead / Adultery By The Wife; Death Of The Kids,husband And The Tribes Of Delta State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.