Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,491 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness (19662 Views)

$25,000 Bribe: Shehu Sani Knelt, Begged Me To Change My Statement - EFCC Witness / Mike Igini Revealing How Election Results Would Be Transmitted / Akwa Ibom PDP Accuses APC Of Masterminding Attack On INEC Buses In Obot Akara LG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by AbokiReporter: 10:52pm On Jun 24, 2019
Mike Igini, RO Begged Me to Accept Manipulated Result for Obot Akara LGA – Witness Tells Tribunal

The National Assembly Election Petitions, sitting in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State capital, was Monday told how an Electoral Officer for Obot Akara Local Government Area, Prof. Abag Elkana and the Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC), for the state, Mike Igini, influenced the declaration of the candidate of the People’s Democratic Party, Chris Ekpenyong as the winner of the February 23 Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial District to the disadvantage of the All Progressives Congress’ candidate, Senator Godswill Akpabio.
A former Governor of the state, Akpabio is challenging the declaration of Ekpenyong by INEC as the winner of the declaration of Ekpenyong at the tribunal.
Tiebat Joshua, the petitioner’s witness who said he is a farmer and politician, told the tribunal that immediately after the election of the senatorial district of February 23, as agent of the Akpabio in Obot Akara Local Government Area, Prof Elkana invited him to the Independent National Electoral Commission’s office in Uyo to meet with Igini, where they begged him to accept the result marred with over voting from the local government.
Responding to how he knew the result was manipulated under cross examination by U. U. Njoku, counsel to the first respondent, Ekpenyong, Joshua said that he knew through the Returning officer for the local government, Prof. Abang Elkana, who persuaded him to accept the result figur as declared in favour of the PDP candidate, Senator Ekpenyong, after the election had earlier been cancelled by the Returning Officer due to over voting.
Joshua said:
“My Lords, after the cancellation of Obot-Akara election results due to over voting, I was taken to the office of the REC, Mike Igini, in Uyo by the Electoral Officer of Obot-Akara.
“When we got there, Igini begged me to support the cancellation of the election results from Obot-Akara Local Government to enable the PDP candidate to be declared winner and I said No. But they went ahead to revalidate the results in Igini’s office and Ekpenyong was declared winner in Uyo instead of Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District office of INEC”.
He said the figure on the result sheet was changed from 19,632 to 20,117 in favour of the PDP, saying if the figures from the 11 wards in the local government were calculated, the overrall figure of 20,117 on the INEC result sheet would be wrong.
Joshua said he had protested the result immediately after it was declared at the local government level because of the discrepancies in the result sheet.
He said based on his protestation, he was invited to INEC where both Elkana and Igini begged him to accept the result, which he rejected.
He expressed surprise of the several cancellations on the result sheet presented by INEC in court, adding it was only one cancellation on the result as the time he signed the sheet and he protested before appending his signature.
He accused Prof. Elkana of being a card carrying member of the PDP.
“He is a full PDP member. When he contested for local government chairman on the platform of the PDP sometime ago, I was his agent,”
he alleged.
Meanwhile, Joshua before his testimony, told the tribunal that he got a call from Ekpenyong two days before Monday, warning him not to come to the tribunal to give evidence in favour of the petitioner.
“Two days ago, I received a call from Ekpenyong who is a leader of PDP, he threatened to kill me if I come to testify against him today,”
he told the court.
The Chairman of the three-man panel, Justice W.O Akanbi, ruled him out on the ground that his counsel knows what to do.
“When a witness is threatened, a counsel knows what to do,”
he said.
Also, testifying before the tribunal, Akpabio’s agent for the senatorial district, Ibanga Ime Akpabio, said he was surprised that the election was declared in favour of the PDP and its candidate, Ekpenyong after obvious manipulation by the electoral umpire.

http://thestreetjournal.org/2019/06/mike-igini-ro-begged-me-to-accept-manipulated-result-for-obot-akara-lga-witness-tells-tribunal/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by Damsyjay(m): 11:02pm On Jun 24, 2019
Akpabio the mandate claimer

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by ryloy: 11:04pm On Jun 24, 2019
All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed and third it is accepted as being self-evident

5 Likes

Re: Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by Generalpatton: 11:11pm On Jun 24, 2019
ryloy:
All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed and third it is accepted as being self-evident
Meaning?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by Generalpatton: 11:13pm On Jun 24, 2019
Gradually,akpabio's witnesses are opening can of worms.with the way its going,akpabio will win.if actually all what this man said concerning the result sheet is true,its a victory for akpabio

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by aolawale025: 11:16pm On Jun 24, 2019
Seems the trial has entered another phase

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by Generalpatton: 11:22pm On Jun 24, 2019
aolawale025:
Seems the trial has entered another phase
There was a grand conspiracy across party lines involving inec to rig out akpabio.more evidences will be unearthed.this is what atiku should be doing instead of pursuing imaginary servers.tuniski,johnnyessence,mr vitalis

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by Johnnyessence(m): 12:14am On Jun 25, 2019
Generalpatton:

There was a grand conspiracy across party lines involving inec to rig out akpabio.more evidences will be unearthed.this is what atiku should be doing instead of pursuing imaginary servers.tuniski,johnnyessence,mr vitalis
it's just another means to tarnish Mike Igini image in the tribunal, at the end Akpabio will loose. isn't Akpabio that ordered his thugs to distrupt the election niiii. tribunal judges never ruled on the case yet. so no one should judge.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by Generalpatton: 12:23am On Jun 25, 2019
Johnnyessence:
it's just another means to tarnish Mike Igini image in the tribunal, at the end Akpabio will loose. isn't Akpabio that ordered his thugs to distrupt the election niiii. tribunal judges never ruled on the case yet. so no one should judge.
Akpabio will lose but Adeleke will win according to yoi

14 Likes

Re: Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by Johnnyessence(m): 12:37am On Jun 25, 2019
Generalpatton:

so tell me how Akpabio will win in the tribunal zombie. Apc apologist that is ignorant of what he's saying here. why do you switch your account from senatordave1? na Akpabio you dey rant on now. both inec and pdp will be in the withness box too in the tribunal.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by Johnnyessence(m): 12:45am On Jun 25, 2019
Generalpatton:
Election Petition: Godswill Akpabio Will Go home from the Tribunal Mike Edikan, Uyo Dr Godswill Akpabio's defeat at the 2019 general elections is nearing permanence as proceedings at the Election Petition Tribunal so far has been a confirmation of his loss at the elections rather than a pointer to the possibility of his return to the National Assembly. The former Governor of Akwa Ibom state and immediate past Senator representing Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial District at the National Assembly was defeated by Senator Christopher Ekpenyong in what commentaries have described as the "uncommon defeat" of the 2019 elections. The former Senator who even after defeat has not embraced the reality of his loss was among the first to file processes at the National Assembly Election Petitions Tribunal in Akwa Ibom State in his efforts to reclaim his mandate which in his word, was stolen. Senator Ekpenyong had long been sworn-in as the incumbent Senator representing Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial District at the National Assembly. Without a doubt, Akapbio's journey to the Tribunal was to avert what many have considered as his rather untimely exit from political relevance, the result of his ill-conceived decision to "move" from the Peoples Democratic Party to the All Progressive Congress. About three months into the Tribunal, there is no scent of hope for Akpabio. The proceedings may in no time end just as his first suit at the Federal High Court, seeking to restrain INEC from issuing the Certificate of return to Senator Ekpenyong ended, a futile attempt at nothing. At the pre-trial stage of the petition, the Respondents brought an application asking for Akpabio's petition to be dismissed for being incompetent. The grounds were that Akpabio had asked for the impossible; in the petition, he stated that the election was illegal being fraught with violence and corrupt practices and unfortunately went on to ask that he be declared the winner of the elections. With common sense, one can see the ridicule in this scenario, if the election was illegal, how then does he claim to be declared winner from such illegal elections? In the arguments to this application, Akpabio's counsel submitted that the petition only challenges the return of Senator Ekpenyong and not the elections, that it is the return that is illegal and not the elections. This is where the shock began, how do you approve a process and disapprove of the result of the same process? From sound legal analysis, the former Senator's case would have been dismissed at this point. He had asked for the impossible, he is attempting by his claims, to forge a solemnisation of oil and water, immixible. The rules of the Tribunal however bought him sometime; rulings on preliminary objections may be deferred to be taken as part of the final judgement. June 10,2019, the trial started in ernest and Akpabio has so far filed about fourteen (14) witnesses. In trial, witnesses have testifed to results not in tandem with INEC's official results, witnesses have debated over issues of cancelled units cum wards. Akpabio's witnesses have consistently revealed that Senator Ekpenyong in truth has no case to answer; ward collation agents have said they do not know the number of units in their wards, they have admitted that they did not sign the results from their ward. Some others have confirmed that supporters of the APC in the affected Senatorial District voted without accreditation and one, either in arrogance or sheer ignorance even dared to say that the aggregate of votes cast (valid and invalid) does not need to agree with the number of accredited voters. The last in the series of infamous testimonies, one witness admitted that what he said in court is what the lawyer told him to say, that he only signed a prepared statement. Although from the pre-trial report Akpabio may still have about 90 witnesses to call, the foregoing testimonies are from his acclaimed "star witnesses". Caveat: If these be from the best, what should we expect from the subsidiaries? The matter was adjounred for continuation of the Petitioner's case after which the Respondents will have the opportunity to also open and state their own case.
Re: Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by Johnnyessence(m): 12:46am On Jun 25, 2019
AbokiReporter:

The National Assembly Election Petitions, sitting in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State capital, was Monday told how an Electoral Officer for Obot Akara Local Government Area, Prof. Abag Elkana and the Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC), for the state, Mike Igini, influenced the declaration of the candidate of the People’s Democratic Party, Chris Ekpenyong as the winner of the February 23 Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial District to the disadvantage of the All Progressives Congress’ candidate, Senator Godswill Akpabio.
A former Governor of the state, Akpabio is challenging the declaration of Ekpenyong by INEC as the winner of the declaration of Ekpenyong at the tribunal.
Tiebat Joshua, the petitioner’s witness who said he is a farmer and politician, told the tribunal that immediately after the election of the senatorial district of February 23, as agent of the Akpabio in Obot Akara Local Government Area, Prof Elkana invited him to the Independent National Electoral Commission’s office in Uyo to meet with Igini, where they begged him to accept the result marred with over voting from the local government.
Responding to how he knew the result was manipulated under cross examination by U. U. Njoku, counsel to the first respondent, Ekpenyong, Joshua said that he knew through the Returning officer for the local government, Prof. Abang Elkana, who persuaded him to accept the result figur as declared in favour of the PDP candidate, Senator Ekpenyong, after the election had earlier been cancelled by the Returning Officer due to over voting.
Joshua said:

He said the figure on the result sheet was changed from 19,632 to 20,117 in favour of the PDP, saying if the figures from the 11 wards in the local government were calculated, the overrall figure of 20,117 on the INEC result sheet would be wrong.
Joshua said he had protested the result immediately after it was declared at the local government level because of the discrepancies in the result sheet.
He said based on his protestation, he was invited to INEC where both Elkana and Igini begged him to accept the result, which he rejected.
He expressed surprise of the several cancellations on the result sheet presented by INEC in court, adding it was only one cancellation on the result as the time he signed the sheet and he protested before appending his signature.
He accused Prof. Elkana of being a card carrying member of the PDP.he alleged.
Meanwhile, Joshua before his testimony, told the tribunal that he got a call from Ekpenyong two days before Monday, warning him not to come to the tribunal to give evidence in favour of the petitioner.
he told the court.
The Chairman of the three-man panel, Justice W.O Akanbi, ruled him out on the ground that his counsel knows what to do.
he said.
Also, testifying before the tribunal, Akpabio’s agent for the senatorial district, Ibanga Ime Akpabio, said he was surprised that the election was declared in favour of the PDP and its candidate, Ekpenyong after obvious manipulation by the electoral umpire.

http://thestreetjournal.org/2019/06/mike-igini-ro-begged-me-to-accept-manipulated-result-for-obot-akara-lga-witness-tells-tribunal/

Election Petition: Godswill Akpabio Will Go home from the
Tribunal
Mike Edikan, Uyo
Dr Godswill Akpabio's defeat at the 2019 general elections is
nearing permanence as proceedings at the Election Petition
Tribunal so far has been a confirmation of his loss at the
elections rather than a pointer to the possibility of his return to
the National Assembly.
The former Governor of Akwa Ibom state and immediate past
Senator representing Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial District
at the National Assembly was defeated by Senator Christopher
Ekpenyong in what commentaries have described as the
"uncommon defeat" of the 2019 elections. The former Senator
who even after defeat has not embraced the reality of his loss
was among the first to file processes at the National Assembly
Election Petitions Tribunal in Akwa Ibom State in his efforts to
reclaim his mandate which in his word, was stolen. Senator
Ekpenyong had long been sworn-in as the incumbent Senator
representing Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial District at the
National Assembly.
Without a doubt, Akapbio's journey to the Tribunal was to avert
what many have considered as his rather untimely exit from
political relevance, the result of his ill-conceived decision to
"move" from the Peoples Democratic Party to the All
Progressive Congress. About three months into the Tribunal,
there is no scent of hope for Akpabio. The proceedings may in
no time end just as his first suit at the Federal High Court,
seeking to restrain INEC from issuing the Certificate of return
to Senator Ekpenyong ended, a futile attempt at nothing.
At the pre-trial stage of the petition, the Respondents brought
an application asking for Akpabio's petition to be dismissed
for being incompetent. The grounds were that Akpabio had
asked for the impossible; in the petition, he stated that the
election was illegal being fraught with violence and corrupt
practices and unfortunately went on to ask that he be declared
the winner of the elections. With common sense, one can see
the ridicule in this scenario, if the election was illegal, how
then does he claim to be declared winner from such illegal
elections? In the arguments to this application, Akpabio's
counsel submitted that the petition only challenges the return
of Senator Ekpenyong and not the elections, that it is the
return that is illegal and not the elections. This is where the
shock began, how do you approve a process and disapprove
of the result of the same process? From sound legal analysis,
the former Senator's case would have been dismissed at this
point. He had asked for the impossible, he is attempting by his
claims, to forge a solemnisation of oil and water, immixible.
The rules of the Tribunal however bought him sometime;
rulings on preliminary objections may be deferred to be taken
as part of the final judgement.
June 10,2019, the trial started in ernest and Akpabio has so
far filed about fourteen (14) witnesses. In trial, witnesses have
testifed to results not in tandem with INEC's official results,
witnesses have debated over issues of cancelled units cum
wards. Akpabio's witnesses have consistently revealed that
Senator Ekpenyong in truth has no case to answer; ward
collation agents have said they do not know the number of
units in their wards, they have admitted that they did not sign
the results from their ward. Some others have confirmed that
supporters of the APC in the affected Senatorial District voted
without accreditation and one, either in arrogance or sheer
ignorance even dared to say that the aggregate of votes cast
(valid and invalid) does not need to agree with the number of
accredited voters. The last in the series of infamous
testimonies, one witness admitted that what he said in court
is what the lawyer told him to say, that he only signed a
prepared statement.
Although from the pre-trial report Akpabio may still have about
90 witnesses to call, the foregoing testimonies are from his
acclaimed "star witnesses". Caveat: If these be from the best,
what should we expect from the subsidiaries?
The matter was adjounred for continuation of the Petitioner's
case after which the Respondents will have the opportunity to
also open and state their own case.
Re: Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by Johnnyessence(m): 12:47am On Jun 25, 2019
Election Petition: Godswill Akpabio Will Go home from the Tribunal. Akpabio will only be a godfather of Apc in Akwa ibom state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by Dannyset(m): 4:48am On Jun 25, 2019
Mike Ogini?

3 Likes

Re: Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by Generalpatton: 5:08am On Jun 25, 2019
Johnnyessence:
so tell me how Akpabio will win in the tribunal zombie. Apc apologist that is ignorant of what he's saying here. why do you switch your account from senatordave1? na Akpabio you dey rant on now. both inec and pdp will be in the withness box too in the tribunal.
You are empty boy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by tinsel: 6:17am On Jun 25, 2019
Generalpatton:

You are empty boy
So empty. Annoyed reading him at times.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by bigerboy200: 6:27am On Jun 25, 2019
Akpabio is coming, Atiku is co......counting results from server..

3 Likes

Re: Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by alen4smith(m): 7:08am On Jun 25, 2019
Johnnyessence:
you this man go and find something meaningful doing.

8 Likes

Re: Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by alen4smith(m): 7:10am On Jun 25, 2019
tinsel:

empty is an understatement.

4 Likes

Re: Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by ryloy: 7:23am On Jun 25, 2019
Johnnyessence:
An intellectual discussion has been turned to zombie. It seems you have low intelligent quotient

11 Likes

Re: Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by Generalpatton: 9:06am On Jun 25, 2019
tinsel:

He's a nuisance,an emotional wreck,lacks basic understanding of very simple issues,talks senselessly,so irritating

5 Likes

Re: Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by Generalpatton: 9:09am On Jun 25, 2019
Johnnyboy,you can see the number of people that quickly criticized you.all are saying the same thing and cant be wrong,its the same thing i have always said.tuniski,come and teach this boy how to use his common sense...

4 Likes

Re: Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 25, 2019
What is over voting? How did the number of accredited voters become less than the votes cast?
Did the guys in support of over voting write down figures to ensure a victory for Akpabio?

Did they beg him to accept falsified figures by INEC or to see that number of votes cannot be more than accredited voters?

Tribunal over to you

2 Likes

Re: Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by Generalpatton: 10:50am On Jun 25, 2019
Kabongo1:
What is over voting? How did the number of accredited voters become less than the votes cast?
Did the guys in support of over voting write down figures to ensure a victory for Akpabio?

Did they beg him to accept falsified figures by INEC or to see that number of votes cannot be more than accredited voters?

Tribunal over to you
Up akpabio

3 Likes

Re: Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by yaki84: 12:20pm On Jun 25, 2019
Some people here forget inec n mike igini will also produce their witness n also since allegations has been made against inec n igini, the person who made such will be cross examine by inec n igin's counsel.
Its not yet uhuru yet.
What i know is that akpabio will only be seen in the street of ABUJA.... Dino 2019

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by IMPRESSION085: 1:25pm On Jun 25, 2019
Re: Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by Pascopele: 1:26pm On Jun 25, 2019
If you have managed to squeeze squeeze a newspaper to use in the toilet/latrine, then you can't fail to turn the hard situation you are in into a better one
Re: Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by GentleMoney: 1:26pm On Jun 25, 2019

Re: Mike Igini, RO Begged Me To Accept Manipulated Result For Obot Akara Lga–witness by NextPresido: 1:28pm On Jun 25, 2019
Akpabio finally found a witness that was not useless

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2024: Fubara Presents N800bn Budget Of Renewed Hope, Consolidation & Continuity / Festus Keyamo Gets PMB 2019 Appointment as Director Strategic Communication / Gov. Tambuwal Announces New Deputy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.