Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,171 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) (38417 Views)

Can You Enter This Kind Of Bus With Your Clear Eyes? (photo) / Bike Rider Spotted Towing An 18-Seater Bus With His Motorcycle In Lagos (Video) / Hyundai Motors Unveils The New 2019 Santa Fe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) by AutoJoshNG: 9:21am On Jun 25, 2019
History was made last week Thursday in Lagos, Nigeria.

This happened when Kojo Motors Nigeria Limited in collaboration with leading bus manufacturer, Zhengzhou Yutong Bus Company of China, launched for the first time in any part of the world the first ever 14-meter Yutong coach.

The coach – Yutong T139HDH – was officially unveiled at a grand world launch ceremony at the prestigious Civic Center, Victoria Island, Lagos.

The resplendent Yutong T139HDH bus – with a capacity for up to 63 passengers – features the Mercedes Benz (OM 457LA) engine, Mercedes Benz AMT Gearbox, Germany Sachs Clutch, Germany ZF Automatic Steering Axle, Air Bag Suspension System, etc.

According to Chinedu Oguegbu, Executive Director of Kojo Motors Limited, the bus features in-built DVR cameras for monitoring, onboard WiFi to ensure passengers remain connected and video-on-demand to also keep passengers entertained.

Some other features of the Yutong T139HDH include:

. Liquid crystal dashboard.
. 3 times brighter automatic headlights that come on immediately it gets dark.
. Electrical controlled passenger curtain.
. USB ports for passengers
. Electrical controlled driver’s window and rear mirror.
. Automatic windshield wiper.
. 7 colorful interior ambient lights as seen in the pictures below.
. AUS which prevents the bus from moving when passengers are getting in and out.
. EBD (Electronic Braking Device)
. ESP (Electronic Stability Program) and many more.

The launch ceremony had in attendance several dignitaries that included the Chief Executive Officer of Kojo Motors, Chief Ikenna Oguegbu; the Deputy Corp Commandant of the FRSC, C. Z. Matthew, Managing Director of Primero Transport Service, Fola Tinubu, representatives from National Automotive Design and Development Council (NADDC) and Mr. Luqman Mamudu of Transtech Industrial Consulting Limited.

Representatives of several bus fleet operating companies across the country were also in attendance.

The event also featured the presentations of awards to some outstanding customers of Kojo Motors that patronize the Yutong bus brand.

The Yutong brand of buses is manufactured by Zhengzhou Yutong Bus Company of China. The company has 80% share of the bus market in China. It also has a Global market share of 15%.

Yutong has been the world’s largest bus maker for seven consecutive years. 70,000 units of their buses were sold in 2016 while the German company which is the second largest bus manufacturer in the world sold 20,000 units in the same period.

According to Robben Xiong, Yutong’s Head International Business, Africa, the Yutong T139HDH bus was produced to withstand rough driving terrains and were subjected to rough tests.

Also speaking at the event, Ejiro Omoefe of Stanbic IBTC Vehicle Asset Financing department, testified to the durability of the Yutong bus brand. He also revealed that Stanbic IBTC offers vehicle leasing services for the acquisition of Yutong brand of buses.

Yutong buses are assembled in Nigeria by Kojo Motors Limited. They offer 150,000 kilometer or 2 years warranty on each bus. Obviously, Kojo Motors and Yutong have a lot of confidence in their buses after subjecting them to extensive rough road tests across Nigeria.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/kojo-motors-launches-the-first-ever-14-meter-yutong-luxury-bus-with-mercedes-powertrain-photos/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 25, 2019
Ftc.... Iyalaya anybody

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) by Kkings11: 9:38am On Jun 25, 2019
Night journey go sweet be that oh

69 Likes

Re: Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) by kllinxman(m): 9:39am On Jun 25, 2019
From Abuja to Lagos - 25k land flight

15 Likes

Re: Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) by tck2000(m): 11:13am On Jun 25, 2019
Kkings11:
Night journey go sweet be that oh
As in Ehn
Re: Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) by allsaint2000: 12:43pm On Jun 25, 2019
This is so impressive. See how Kojo Motors has developed over time from their days of selling spare-parts and cars in Benin-city. Nice one.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) by Esejojo: 12:52pm On Jun 25, 2019
Checkout the interior. This is better than the interior of some airlines that I will not mention their names.

If I am seated by the window side, it will be difficult for me to exchange seat with any elder O...

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) by Sirpaul(m): 1:00pm On Jun 25, 2019
Lagos to Abuja go make brain bajeeee

2 Likes

Re: Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) by helphelp: 1:00pm On Jun 25, 2019
Not bad. I'll need feedbacks before embarking on a journey on one though
Re: Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) by amiibaby(f): 1:00pm On Jun 25, 2019
Cool
Re: Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) by Benekruku(m): 1:01pm On Jun 25, 2019
Hope all passengers will be covered by a comprehensive life insurance

Cos lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) by Chukwurah003: 1:01pm On Jun 25, 2019
This is great
Re: Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) by BluePrincee: 1:02pm On Jun 25, 2019
allsaint2000:
This is so impressive. See how Kojo Motors has developed over time from their days of selling spare-parts and cars in Benin-city. Nice one.

Where in Benin? How many years ago was that?
Re: Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) by youngbabaj(m): 1:02pm On Jun 25, 2019
Nice development
Re: Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) by HazzanTazzan(m): 1:02pm On Jun 25, 2019
Beautiful

Are you into importation or you’re a freelancer ?

Check my signature

1 Like

Re: Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 25, 2019
Blessed Eddyson?

Some people wont be happy with this development.. cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) by princeadeboy(m): 1:03pm On Jun 25, 2019
this is improving....at least it's a development on their part
Re: Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 25, 2019
Esejojo:
Checkout the interior. This is better than the interior of some airlines that I will not mention their names.

If I am seated by the window side, it will be difficult for me to exchange seat with any elder O...

Better than Air peace boeing 232
Re: Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) by Kendumazy(m): 1:05pm On Jun 25, 2019
Nice one. See the cool black background for night.
Re: Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) by Mexyz(m): 1:06pm On Jun 25, 2019
My next trip is going to be with Blessed Edyson grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) by mclorenzo(m): 1:07pm On Jun 25, 2019
Dem go turn danfo soon watch
Re: Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) by nwakibie3(m): 1:07pm On Jun 25, 2019
E remain herdsmen and kidnappers free road grin grin
Re: Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) by chozzy: 1:07pm On Jun 25, 2019
I thought Kojo Motors were a Toyota Dealer
Re: Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) by rhythyson: 1:09pm On Jun 25, 2019
Esejojo:

I will tell for you

7 Likes

Re: Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) by Gadafii: 1:09pm On Jun 25, 2019
from innoson to kojo

ipob amaka

afon.ja ewedu cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) by damola1: 1:11pm On Jun 25, 2019
chozzy:
I thought Kojo Motors were a Toyota Dealer

Yes.

But I can’t remember their name being Toyota.

2 Likes

Re: Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) by loomer: 1:11pm On Jun 25, 2019
Una don mad, how is this one history made?
Re: Kojo Motors Unveils 14-meter Yutong Bus With Benz Powertrain (pix) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 25, 2019
When a made in China as all of those features,I Dey fear o.who remembers sendo phone of that year,e get Bluetooth,infrared,memory card slot,come get 32gb internal memory....them no born you well,after 5 hours of usage,that phone go hot and pack up

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Cars That Are Not Very Suitable For Men / Morris Mbetsa Builds A Flying Drone Taxi In Kenya - Photos And Video / Buyer Of ₦6.7b Bugatti Agreed To Buy It On The Spot After Seeing Only Sketches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.