Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,775 members, 7,866,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:17 AM

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe (1092355 Views)

Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 0) On 20th October 2015 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (1043) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 27, 2013
dayokanu:

Being the most watched means nothing. And is very far from a datum for measurement.

Which players want to be in EPL, Do you know how many top players who turned down the EPL this last transfer window? Thiago, Falcao, Falcao, cavani You must really believe this EPL hype. If bayern is to play in EPL I can assure you they would win 5 back to back titles

Guardiola doesnt need to come to England and prove anyone wrong Just the way Ferguson didnt leave England before attaining his status or why didnt anyone tell Fergie he needs to coach in Italy in the 90's and 2000 that he must play in Italy or Spain to be considered a great coach?

They turned England down because of money. Chelsea offered Napoli 35 million pounds but Napoli wanted 45 million pounds. PSG offered the money at last. No one could compete with 250,000 euro offered to Falcao by Monaco. It is not just going to happen. Falcao went for the money. Don't forget, Monaco paid 56 million Euro to get falcao from Athletico Madrid.

I have never in my life considered Ferguson as great coach. He was good at getting the right people to do the coaching for him. I hope you read what his assistant (Mike Phelan) at Man Utd in the last ten years said yesterday about Ferguson at dailymail.co.uk

I have never considered Ferguson as great coach. Great Manager, yes.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 9:41pm On Nov 27, 2013
payless:
Santa Cruz was a good player at Bayern. I remember him playing at Under 20 World Cup in Nigeria. He was hampered by nagging injury since he was 21. He started well at Bayern Munchen. He score about 20 goals in his first season at Blackburn but went down with re-occuring knee injury in the second year in England.

Theres nothing good about Santa Cruz in Bayern The highest number of league goals he ever scored was 5 in 8 seasons there. thats whats called a monumental failure. He landed in EPl and suddenly became Pele

Demba Ba has always been an average player before coming to England. Papis Cisse wasn't bad in Germany either before coming to EPL and he wasn't great either. If he was great, he wouldn't have gone to Newscastle Utd. He has never been profilic player all his career. He only had a quick success which happens from time to time in strikers career. He did not tear any net in his first 6 months. Successful yes but not prolific. Don't forget, Thiery Henry was great at Monaco, then bad at Juventus before becoming a big player at Arsenal. He was a success when he left Arsenal and moved to Barca.

Demba Ba was mediocre came to EPL and immediately became one of the hottest strikers in town.

Aguero, Mata, Silva, Michu ... Aguero was a success at Athletico Madrid. I know he score 74 goals during his time in spain Spain despite having injuries. He scored 23 goal in a season at Independiente in Argentina before coming to Europe. He has been a very good striker at different clubs before coming to England. Silva has been a great player with Valencia since 2002. He has been part of Spain's success for over eight years. How do you defend the charge of him not being great? He won the league and spanish cups when Rafael was the boss at Valencia. The same with Mata. Mata is a very good player that would get into Bayern Munchen first team. He is unselfish and make his team mates better. Michu is above average. He is good but not a great striker. He likes to operate from midfield.

Aguero, Mata, Silva are at best second rate La Liga players they were never on the level of Iniesta, Xavi, Dinho, Messi, Ronaldo, Ozil Falcao etc. They came to EPL and immediately became cult heroes. Mata enter which Bayern team? In place of who? A player who cant play for Chelsea would play for Bayern in which world? In the entire Chelsea team Only Cech and Ivanovic stands a chance to make the Bayern team or tell me who would

Michu was a below average La Liga talent also

I have known Vincient Kompany since he was 16 at Anderlecht. He is very good defender. He played very well at Hamburg and he has been immensed at Man City. I don't know why you said he quickly became a good player in England. Kompany was good before coming to England. Don't forget, Komapany is the captain of Belgium. That proves something.

Kompany was very mediocre at Hamburg he was rated as a top talent in Anderlecht but got to hambur and really underperformed until he got to EPL where the strikers are mumu and he is riding them for fun

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 9:47pm On Nov 27, 2013
payless:
They turned England down because of money. Chelsea offered Napoli 35 million pounds but Napoli wanted 45 million pounds. PSG offered the money at last. No one could compete with 250,000 euro offered to Falcao by Monaco. It is not just going to happen. Falcao went for the money. Don't forget, Monaco paid 56 million Euro to get falcao from Athletico Madrid.

I have never in my life considered Ferguson as great coach. He was good at getting the right people to do the coaching for him. I hope you read what his assistant (Mike Phelan) at Man Utd in the last ten years said yesterday about Ferguson at dailymail.co.uk

I have never considered Ferguson as great coach. Great Manager, yes.

So sir, If you dont consider ferguson a great coach who do you consider a great coach?

Was it not the money that was attracting the players to England initially? So how dare you complain that they were going for the money?

Was it not the outrageous transfer fee and weekly check thats making them attract top players
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by mukina2: 10:18pm On Nov 27, 2013
Burnthisleaguedown na league? smh sad
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 10:19pm On Nov 27, 2013
mukina2: Burnthisleaguedown na league? smh sad

Champions league na league?

10 straight wins

Meanwhile Arsenal na team? 8 straight years no trophy
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by mukina2: 10:28pm On Nov 27, 2013
dayokanu:

Champions league na league?

10 straight wins

Meanwhile Arsenal na team? 8 straight years no trophy
shame nor catch you?

2nd in your league is being dealt with by a team 6th in the EPL grin

no shame at all grin
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Pataki: 10:36pm On Nov 27, 2013
When I say that burnthisleaguedown is a useless league, Abirun-40 and his papa will start acting like warapa patients.

Another English team heavily sheeeeeting on german soil again.

I repeat none of the useless burnthisleaguedown teams can ever be better pass Sunderland this season.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 10:38pm On Nov 27, 2013
mukina2:
shame nor catch you?

2nd in your league is being dealt with by a team 6th in the EPL grin

no shame at all grin

Second in your league didnt even make the Europa

You suppose hide your head in shame
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 11:23pm On Nov 27, 2013
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 27, 2013
dayokanu:

Second in your league didnt even make the Europa

You suppose hide your head in shame

So much I like Bayern Munchen, there is no competetion in Germany. It is Bayern Munich and others. EPL is 5 times more competitive than Bundersliga.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 12:24am On Nov 28, 2013
payless:

So much I like Bayern Munchen, there is no competetion in Germany. It is Bayern Munich and others. EPL is 5 times more competitive than Bundersliga.

Theres no competition in Bundesliga? I bet there is even less competiton in EPL

How do you explain that since 2004 BL has produced 5 league winners and EPl 4

How do you explain that since 2004 None of Man Utd Arsenal or Chelsea have missed the CL but this cant be said about any BL club

How do you explain that none of Man Utd nor Arsenal have never finished outside top 4 in the last 14yrs in a so called competitive league

Or that out of 21 Premier league man Utd have won 13 times 62% of the PL have been won by Man Utd

Like I said If bayern should move to the PL it would be a case of no competition again
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Lordave: 12:59am On Nov 28, 2013
Shey I no get work ni?
Abeg, na things wey concern my work I dey try memorize no be who score for Nigeria in 1982 and '89. (na joke sha)
I'm a core Bayern München fan, I try to know what I feel I should know especially about my club.

Have been supporting Bayern (if I say 'since' wetin people wey begin dey support dem early '90s go say) from 2002. Ballack played a very good role,hence I wished him well when he left for Chelsea.

I try as much as I can to watch every Bayern game and the rest of the weekend's game are history except for some Bundesliga matches. Man United vs Chelsea hardly catches my fancy, but I could break laws just to watch Bayern play Kaiserslautern.

I'm suprised Payless is such a fan of football. I thought it ends in politics for him.

And for Pep and Bayern, I was never pessimistic about the outcome of such a great combination. I think it's paying me too cuz I have never lost a betting with Bayern since this season. Na only mumu clubs like chelsea and arsenal just dey cut my game.

I also have already bet with someone on Bayern retaining UCL trophy.

Make una pardon my off topic shît, I just lost some money today.
Dayo started watching football late '80s, that just suits your soccerlectual prowess . You be genius.
But I thank god say E get wetin I take pass you and A-40, I sabi play ball pass both of you. People wey dey talk soccer like two of you no dey sabi play. grin
Dayo, you sabi play?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Homar(m): 6:48am On Nov 28, 2013
lol
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 28, 2013
Bundesliga-Bayern and the rest.
Simple.
There's hardly any competition these days.
If Bayern can beat Dortmund (arguably the second best team in Germany) easily without arguably their best player (Ribery) then there's no need to look any further or say any more.
6th place United in the EPL made Leverkusen in Bundesliga 2nd place look extremely awful.
Arsenal with no trophies in 8 years have already won at Dortmund
Chelsea have beaten Schalke (another top German team) home and away without conceding.

Yet the Bundesliga is supposed to be more competitive than the Premiership.

Sigh.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 1:13pm On Nov 28, 2013
That ref must be doing Qualuudes! Wonder how that was a penalty on Dante.

Gotze's goal was pure genius! Starting to justify his huge transfer one game at a time. Robben's swivel shot was also sweet
Mans can only hope Phillip Lahm's injury wasn't too serious he's being run into the ground this season

payless:

There nothing like football of nowadays that says strikers must be involved 100% of the time when it comes to defending. It all depends on style of players. We had strikers in Spain and other countries who have nothing to do with defending. If you had been watching La Liga and other leagues in the last four years, you would have seen that players like Negredo, Soldado, Benzema, Turan, Fredi, Higuain, Cavani, Damiao, Alexander Pato and some other strikers have never been part of style of play that requires strikers to defend with other players. There is no doubt that Mandzukic work a lot on defence but for a top striker of a team like Bayern Munchen, his goal tally is not good enough. Playing more defensively has made him in into commiting fouls that earn him cards unnecessarily. Strikers are remembered for scoring tons of goals. Strikers are not remembered for playing great defence.
The successful teams of this era press from the front! We saw this last season and also with Pep's Barcelona team. Even Mourinho deployed this so what other regular/average teams do is hardly our business

Negredo,Soldado,Benzema,Higuain,Cavani,Pato lool what do all these strikers have in common? They are yet to even feature in a UCL Final never mind score in one or win it
Leave our Mandzukic for us! He is doing the job required for us to be successful at the moment and scoring a respectable tally as well. Bayern is not a one-man team! We have players across the board that can net goals at any time

payless:
Othma Hitzfeld, Heyeckenes, Top Moeller, Cruyff, Van Gaal, Lippi, Bosque, and Capello were coaches of 6-18 years ago. England was not as big during their era as EPL is in the last 5-6 years. They didn't have to be coaches in England to be considered great because EPL wasn't as big during their era. When we talk of today's coaches, Gaudiola is not yet in the league of those great coaches. In this era, you have to coach in England to be considered as one of the best.
Loool this guy na comedian! Del Bosque is still in management so is Lippi try telling them to come and coach in England to prove their greatness. "You have to coach in England to prove you are the best" bwahahahahaha! So Mancini is the best then since he has proven himself over there

payless:
There are six teams in England who are capable of winning the league, and two who have outside chances of winning it in England. There are only two in Spain (R. Madrid and Barcelona) and three in Germany ( Bayern Munchen, Dortmund and Leverkusen/Schalke 04).

No coach can just come to England and have success after being succesful in a different country. EPL is a different League entirely. Underrate Sunderland or Hull at your own peril. You never for sure know who is going to win in England. Mourinho, Pelegrini and AVB would tell you it is never an easy task in England. I don't know if you know how successful Juande Ramos was with Seville in Spain before coming to England. Juande Ramos came to England with success of winning 80% of games in Spain in three years before taking over at Tottenham. He found out in the right way. Andre Villas Boa is another successful coach in Portugal before coming to England. Allan Perin was a successful coach in France before coming to England. Ancelloti was an household name in Italy before failing woefully in his second year in England. Benitez was successful in Spain before failing in England. The list is endless........

Six teams in England capable of winning the title? Is this a joke? Who does not know the EPL is Man Utd and the rest. Only a kid below 5 believes the EPL is competitive.

Mourinho won 5 titles in 3 seasons. Ancelotti won a double! Wenger won titles, Juande won in months, Laudrup,Mancini,Benitez what is this ninja chatting about? What do you judge as failure? You think trophyless Wenger would survive 8 years without a trophy at Bayern,Milan,Madrid or Barcelona?

payless:
I just don't see Gaudiola having same success he had in Spain transfered to England. How does he deal with the most vicious media in the world? How does he adapt to constant rainfall in England? How does he win games during the hectic period of December when they have to play every three days in the last three weeks of December and first week of January? How does Gaudiola adapt to situation where there is no winter break?

Media scrutiny?? What media scrutiny? The EPL where everyone fellates on Mourinho! I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this. Go and ask him what they did to him in Italy and especially in Spain that had him crying like a poosie

So who is to blame for the EPL not having a winter break? Guardiola?

The EPL is overrated! Little wonder they have made no mark in any international tournament since Creation

We saw the last Euros and WC. Please remind me how many EPL players made team of the tournament vis a vis other leagues

Pataki: When I say that burnthisleaguedown is a useless league, Abirun-40 and his papa will start acting like warapa patients.

Another English team heavily sheeeeeting on german soil again.

I repeat none of the useless burnthisleaguedown teams can ever be better pass Sunderland this season.

UNpataki frothing at the mouth again! Are you doing Qualuudes too? When an EPL team wins 10 games in a row in the UCL you can get back to me. Sadly for you there is no Bundesliga team that is not in with a shot at advancing so shut that jizzwallet between your face

We really need to start filtering comments from fans who have not celebrated shyte in 5 years or more
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 1:23pm On Nov 28, 2013
StarBoard: Bundesliga-Bayern and the rest.
Simple.
If Bayern can beat Dortmund (arguably the second best team in Germany) easily without arguably their best player (Ribery) then there's no need to look any further or say any more.
6th place United in the EPL made Leverkusen in Bundesliga 2nd place look extremely awful.
Chelsea have beaten Schalke (another top German team) home and away without conceding.

Sigh.
I know say that 5-0 still dey shack you but lemme hit you with a little factoid:
Leverkussen 0 League Titles
0 UCL's

So yall didn't exactly take down a heavyweight

We were all here when defending EPL Champions finished dead last in a group that had Dortmund and Ajax

Man U was in a group comprising Basel,Benfica and Otelul Galati and failed to qualify they were also defending EPL Champions

Dortmund beat Arsenal,Bayern r@ped City at the Etihad and Basel beat Chelsea home and away

This same Dortmund beat us 4-2 after selling us Gotze so apply some perspective bruh
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 2:21pm On Nov 28, 2013
Rummenigge says the mole will be sold. And I heard its happened before
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
A-40:

I know say that 5-0 still dey shack you but lemme hit you with a little factoid:
Leverkussen 0 League Titles
0 UCL's
It's not about 5-nil.
Leverkusen will always finish in the top 4 in Germany, so I'm pretty sure they are a "heavyweight" in German terms.

A-40:

We were all here when defending EPL Champions finished dead last in a group that had Dortmund and Ajax

Man U was in a group comprising Basel,Benfica and Otelul Galati and failed to qualify they were also defending EPL Champions
When Bayern was being sodomized by Zenit St. Petersburg in the UEFA Cup, what was that?
The Same City a year later have coasted to the next round. And United have gotten past that blip of 2011.
So your point is?
A-40:

Dortmund beat Arsenal,Bayern r@ped City at the Etihad and Basel beat Chelsea home and away

Arsenal beat Dortmund in the reverse fixture, which is a more recent occurence.
Who is to say that City will not beat Bayern at home?
As per Basel, I didn't know they were a German team.
So I'm going to ignore that part.

A-40:

This same Dortmund beat us 4-2 after selling us Gotze so apply some perspective bruh

Perspective in an event that occured 3 months ago, as against one that occurred 3 days ago?
Which would you choose to make a valid argument?
Try again, jare.

I'm still telling you to accept the fact that the Bundesliga has no competition as of now.
I can only look to Saturday's tie with Dortmund to make that conclusion.
I'm basing my arguments on events that have occured in the past 3month or so, and you're taking us back to the old school to point out Otelul Galati.
Bayern minus Ribery beat a Dortmund team supposed to challenge for the title easily 3-nil at home, and you want me to believe that there is some competition in the bundesliga.

Schalke, Leverkusen and Dortmund are just making up the numbers in your supposed competitive league.
All English teams have come and won without conceding in Germany so far (3 out of four ties). Convince me otherwise that the Bundesliga is inferior to the EPL in terms of competition.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 4:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
StarBoard: Bundesliga-Bayern and the rest.
Simple.

Sigh.

Didnt we see City beat Man Utd 4-1 this season already or just last weekend didnt City beat another supposed top team 6-0. So much for the competition in the EPL

Im sure someone would tell us Spurs and Liverpool are also among the contender for the league, You can also add Southampton to it.

I dont know why some ppl display this amnesia, Did Dortmund not win in Emirates? Head to head Dortmund still wins.

I thought it was only with Arsenal fan who celebrate winning in Munich forgetting they got eliminated in the process.

The only teams who have taken points of Bayern are still in the Bundesliga while others in Europe including almighty Man City are taking some rimming Bayern dey use dem all break record

EPL competitive?

How do you explain that since 2004 None of Man Utd Arsenal or Chelsea have missed the CL but this cant be said about any BL club

How do you explain that none of Man Utd nor Arsenal have never finished outside top 4 in the last 14yrs in a so called competitive league

Or that out of 21 Premier league man Utd have won 13 times 62% of the PL have been won by Man Utd
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 4:14pm On Nov 28, 2013
StarBoard:

So If Barcelona beat Celtic 8-0 in the first leg but Celtic won the return leg 1-0 Celtic is superior to Barcelona because they won the more recent tie?

Wait till City beats Bayern first. The competitive game when there was all to play for Bayern went to Etihad and dismembered City in what football analysts call one of the most one sided game ever seen

I'm still telling you to accept the fact that the Bundesliga has no competition as of now.
I'm basing my arguments on events that have occured in the past 3month or so, and you're taking us back to the old school to point out Otelul Galati.
Bayern minus Ribery beat a Dortmund team supposed to challenge for the title easily 3-nil at home, and you want me to believe that there is some competition in the bundesliga.

And thats forgetting that Dortmund was missing their entire defence line and had to buy a 35yr old on Wednesday to fit into the game just to field 11 players.

When both teams were fit was bayern able to beat them 3-0 anytime in the past 4 seasons. Spurs thats supposed to challenge for EPL was beaten 6-0. Man Utd that was supposed to challenge for titles have lost 1-6 and 1-4 to Man City

Schalke, Leverkusen and Dortmund are just making up the numbers in your supposed competitive league.
All English teams have come and won without conceding in Germany so far (3 out of four ties). Convince me otherwise that the Bundesliga is inferior to the EPL in terms of competition.

Bayern and Dortmund have come to England and won convincingly too in the last 2 months so what gives
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 28, 2013
dayokanu:

Didnt we see City beat Man Utd 4-1 this season already or just last weekend didnt City beat another supposed top team 6-0. So much for the competition in the EPL

Im sure someone would tell us Spurs and Liverpool are also among the contender for the league, You can also add Southampton to it.

I dont know why some ppl display this amnesia, Did Dortmund not win in Emirates? Head to head Dortmund still wins.

I thought it was only with Arsenal fan who celebrate winning in Munich forgetting they got eliminated in the process.

The only teams who have taken points of Bayern are still in the Bundesliga while others in Europe including almighty Man City are taking some rimming Bayern dey use dem all break record

EPL competitive?

Read my post again before you start yapping.
I said "of late".
No further comments.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 28, 2013
dayokanu:

EPL competitive?

I said "of late".
No further comments.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
dayokanu:
So If Barcelona beat Celtic 8-0 in the first leg but Celtic won the return leg 1-0 Celtic is superior to Barcelona because they won the more recent tie?
And what does that have to do with the argument in question?
I gave the examples of Chelsea and United who have completed doubles over German sides and you're here talking about Dortmund /Arsenal
Ol' boy argue more objectively jare.
dayokanu:
Wait till City beats Bayern first. The competitive game when there was all to play for Bayern went to Etihad and dismembered City in what football analysts call one of the most one sided game ever seen
The recent trend of events makes me not to write of City at Bayern, especially if you thik that Arsenal also won at the Allianz this year.
Obviously you didn't see yesterday's game for you to conclude that that game at the Etihad was the most one-sided.
dayokanu:

And thats forgetting that Dortmund was missing their entire defence line and had to buy a 35yr old on Wednesday to fit into the game just to field 11 players.

gist.
the same way you keep trumpeting that United were molested by Bayern despite a 4-4 scoreline where you conveniently forget how Ribery was bitching for Rafael to get sent off in the second leg.
Hindsight now makes you want to consider that Dortmund had a weak back-line.
On to the next ruse, jare.
dayokanu:
When both teams were fit was bayern able to beat them 3-0 anytime in the past 4 seasons. Spurs thats supposed to challenge for EPL was beaten 6-0. Man Utd that was supposed to challenge for titles have lost 1-6 and 1-4 to Man City
Story.
Considering that Dortmund were 20+ points off Bayern on the final table last season, the above is quite rich.
dayokanu:

Bayern and Dortmund have come to England and won convincingly too in the last 2 months so what gives
Schalke and Leverkusen nko?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 4:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
StarBoard:
I said "of late".
No further comments.

Was it not of late that City beat Man Utd 4-1 or was it not of late that Spurs a "contender" was hammer 6-0

I guess Saturday when Dortmund lost without their entire back 4 is of late but Sunday when Spurs lost isnt
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
dayokanu:

Was it not of late that City beat Man Utd 4-1 or was it not of late that Spurs a "contender" was hammer 6-0

I guess Saturday when Dortmund lost without their entire back 4 is of late but Sunday when Spurs lost isnt
And in your mind, spurs is a genuine contender for the title in the Europa League.
I don't know what to say.
This your headless argument will take you nowhere.
City were not defending champs each time they thumped United. That's why the league is not like the Bundesliga where the defending champ will come to the team that finished 20+ points off last season in what is supposed to be the top of the table clash without their best player and still manage to whip their supposed challengers easily at home.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 4:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
StarBoard:
And what does that have to do with the argument in question?
I gave the examples of Chelsea and United who have completed doubles over German sides and you're here talking about Dortmund /Arsenal
Ol' boy argue more objectively jare.

So because Schalke and Neverkusen who have never won a League title lost then it makes Dortmund who sodomised Epl table toppers at home doesnt count? talk about objectivity.

The recent trend of events makes me not to write of City at Bayern, especially if you thik that Arsenal also won at the Allianz this year.
Obviously you didn't see yesterday's game for you to conclude that that game at the Etihad was the most one-sided.

Arsenal won at Allianz yet were eliminated. The recent trend is that City have been brutalised everytime they came to Germany either by Dortmund second team or by Bayern whether in competitive or friendlies have been murdered in cold blood.

the same way you keep trumpeting that United were molested by Bayern despite a 4-4 scoreline where you conveniently forget how Ribery was bitching for Rafael to get sent off in the second leg.

Who won the head to head?

Hindsight now makes you want to consider that Dortmund had a weak back-line.
On to the next ruse, jare.

Everyone knew before the game that the entire back 4 was out So how does this mean hindsight?

Story.
Considering that Dortmund were 20+ points off Bayern on the final table last season, the above is quite rich.

The whole of Europe couldnt touch Bayern last season and this season
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 4:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
StarBoard:
And in your mind, spurs is a genuine contender for the title in the Europa League.
I don't know what to say.
This your headless argument will take you nowhere.
City were not defending champs each time they thumped United. That's why the league is not like the Bundesliga where the defending champ will come to the team that finished 20+ points off last season in what is supposed to be the top of the table clash without their best player and still manage to whip their supposed challengers easily at home.

Dortmund was without Gundogan Hummels Subotic Pizceck and Schmelzer for that same game
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
25 point gap in the final table between first-placed Bayern and second placed Dormund and dayokanu wants me to believe the league as of 2012/13 was competitive.
Spurs in the Europa league who have not managed a top-4 finish in England since 2010, the only time they achieved that feat in recent memory, is now a contender according to dayokanu.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 5:06pm On Nov 28, 2013
StarBoard:
It's not about 5-nil.
Leverkusen will always finish in the top 4 in Germany, so I'm pretty sure they are a "heavyweight" in German terms.
Just two seasons ago they didn't make the UCL! So much for always finishing in the top 4

They are a good team but heavyweight? No way Jose

StarBoard:

When Bayern was being sodomized by Zenit St. Petersburg in the UEFA Cup, what was that?
The Same City a year later have coasted to the next round. And United have gotten past that blip of 2011.
So your point is?
Bayern made Europa semis! Zenit went on to win

You guys caught a beatdown from Bilbao home and away.

City caught a beatdown to some Portuguese club as well

We saw defending UCL Champion (EPL product) Chelsea fail to advance from the group stage just last season they also went on to the Club World Cup to disgrace Europe. So much for this competitive league

BTW are you seriously bragging about City advancing in a group comprising CSKA Moscow and Plzen? Lololololol

StarBoard:
As per Basel, I didn't know they were a German team.
So I'm going to ignore that part.
Your argument is all over the place. Who is to say City won't beat Bayern? Can you bet on that or are you asking JAMB questions

I think getting beat home and away by a team from Switzerland is an even bigger disgrace

StarBoard:
Perspective in an event that occured 3 months ago, as against one that occurred 3 days ago?
Which would you choose to make a valid argument?
Try again, jare.
Perspective because it was a freak result! 3 months ago or 3 days ago still falls under this season so my point is relevant
Dortmund played without their entire back 4

StarBoard:
Do your research! That was our first win in the last 7 league matches vs Dortmund

StarBoard:
Conveniently forgetting they were missing Hummels,Subotic,Schmelzer,Piszcek and Gundogan
You keep harping on the result but its obvious you didn't watch the match which was far more closely fought than the scoreline suggests

StarBoard:

All this is tales by moonlight! As things stand yall are still watching the throne and all the Bundesliga representatives can still qualify and two of them would most likely top their group
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 28, 2013
dayokanu:

So because Schalke and Neverkusen who have never won a League title lost then it makes Dortmund who sodomised Epl table toppers at home doesnt count? talk about objectivity.
so WTF are they doing in the champions league?
If they per chance had won one of those game, you would be the one to be trumpeting Germany's superiority.
dayokanu:

Arsenal won at Allianz yet were eliminated. The recent trend is that City have been brutalised everytime they came to Germany either by Dortmund second team or by Bayern whether in competitive or friendlies have been murdered in cold blood.
Deductive reasoning eludes you.
The past four EPL/Bundesliga ties in Germany have all ended in favour of EPL sides.
The Bundesliga teams have embarrassingly failed to score in each of those ties on German soil.
Do you see where I'm going or are you still clutching at straws in this argument?

dayokanu:

Who won the head to head?
And how many head-to heads have there been between German and English sides so far this season alone?
Why do you focus on one in which Dortmund edges Arsenal on away goal,not superior aggregate?
You amaze me sha.
dayokanu:

Everyone knew before the game that the entire back 4 was out So how does this mean hindsight?
Hindsight because you are using a convenient argument when it suits you.
Now you want to make a case for Dortmund as a strong side because you know injuries are an alibi for your argument.
Last season's table puts you and your logic to shame.
What were the results like last season between Dortmund and Bayern in all competitions?
dayokanu:

The whole of Europe couldnt touch Bayern last season and this season
no one is disputing Bayern even if they were sodomized at home by trophiless Arsenal and beaten by lowly Basel.
What is my point, which you have failed to grasp is that the Bundesliga as it stands is composed of Bayern and 17 other sides.
Simple.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 5:10pm On Nov 28, 2013
In the last 7 seasons Man U has won 5 league titles the only two they didn't win had a Drogba offside goal and the other team winning on goal difference and even to do that both clubs had to spend over a billion pounds. Competitive indeed

"Six teams can win the EPL" looool! I'm still waiting for someone to list those teams
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 28, 2013
A-40:
In the last 7 seasons Man U has won 5 league titles the only two they didn't win had a Drogba offside goal and the other team winning on goal difference and even to do that both clubs had to spend over a billion pounds. Competitive indeed

"Six teams can win the EPL" looool! I'm still waiting for someone to list those teams
Leave story for tortoise or Jimi Solanke. Nobody called Spurs that you and dayo are trying to contrive into this argument.
Look to last seasons table in the Bundesliga and tell me how that league can be considered competitive.
Answer on a postcard.

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (1043) (Reply)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.