Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,729 members, 7,865,885 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 07:57 AM

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe (1092297 Views)

Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 0) On 20th October 2015 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (1043) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 7:21am On Nov 27, 2013
payless:

It works everywhere in the U.S. Bunch of sports channels from around the world.

http://www.globecastwtv.com/america/mainmenu.aspx

Does it have a Monthly fee?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 27, 2013
dayokanu:

Does it have a Monthly fee?

No. Only if you want AIT. It is basically free. The equipment cost is $349.95. Installation shouldn't cost more than $100-$150.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 10:06am On Nov 27, 2013
Old people full here sha! 85,87,89

Euro 92 and Japan 93 na the first set of tournaments I consciously started watching. I probably saw Italia 90 too but couldn't have possibly known they were playing football.

UCL footie was 93/94 season and the next season I watched Bayern getting hammered in the 2nd leg vs Ajax. Neutral at that point till my favorite player Jurgen Klinsmann joined in 95 and won the UEFA cup. Huge fan of Andreas Moller as well thanks to Football Made in Germany on Channel 5 back in dem days

99 loss to Man U was especially painful cos a nigga had to form illness and sleep in the sickbay maybe na karma sef undecided

2000 losing to Madrid in the semis after wiping the floor with them in the group stage

2001: The risks I took to see that final! If say Bayern no win ehn. . . . Cos we dominated that game and with Scholl missing that early kick Elber being taken off as well I feared it was 99 all over again

Barring Milan I can't think of any big team that escaped r@pe at the mythical edifice known as the Olympiastadion

dayokanu: Payless I would respond to your below query but I want other Bayern fans on this thread to comment first.

Oya A40, Lordave, Davidbanky toba and any other informed follower of European football take a shot at Payless opinion about Guardiola in Bayern

Skeptics were plenty! Payless was typically overreacting passing judgements too soon plus our initial style of play added fuel to the fire but the loss to Dortmund didn't suprise me with Van Buyten and Starke in defence also the stubborn insistence on playing Alcantara didn't help matters. I always felt he would come good because as much as Pep loves to experiment he is also a realist and ultimately wants to win even more than the casual fan out there
I keep telling people no two seasons are alike and expecting the exact same Bayern is pointless really
Still we are winning in the absence of Ribery and Schweini this is something Juup was never quite able to accomplish
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 10:38am On Nov 27, 2013
Looks like Mandzukic is nursing an injury! Pep's false 9 fantasies gradually turning to a reality
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 3:40pm On Nov 27, 2013
Contract negotiation going on

Looks like Boateng would get a 5yr contract

Rafinha looks close to extending till 2017

Things are looking good with kroos extension as well

But Alaba is stalled Alaba wants around 7-8m a yr but the Management is only offering to double his 2.5m a yr

Still working on the extension
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 3:52pm On Nov 27, 2013
payless: I'm still not convinced with Gaudiola's approach despite winning games. They are just not better now than they were under Heynckeys or Van Gaal. Lam in the middle, Martinez playing out of place, and making Arjen pass the ball more is just not Bayern's way. Gaudiola tried to change so many things and there was about to be a big revolt after loosing to Dortmund in the German Super Cup earlier in the season.

Bayern Munchen are not better that they were last two years.

I was also skeptical initially but I think I am getting more confident that Pep knows what he is doing especially after the brutalisation of Man City at the Etihad which is one of the most one sided CL games I have seen in recent times

Peps game plays a ridiculous highline and quite risky but if you get it right you would so dominate the opposition

Van Gaal just started the project and Heyckenes put the finishing touch. Till now we have not lost any game in the league and the CL and we keep breaking records.

Only a few clubs in the whole of Europe can really challenge Bayern right now

I still give pep a passmark
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 5:54pm On Nov 27, 2013
Starting XI

Neuer - Rafinha, Dante, Boateng, Alaba - Lahm, Martinez, Robben, Gotze, - Muller

Subs
Thiago,Kirchoff,Starke,Green,Hojbjerg,Weiser
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 5:58pm On Nov 27, 2013
Its snowing like Anything in this stadium oo
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 27, 2013
dayokanu:

I was also skeptical initially but I think I am getting more confident that Pep knows what he is doing especially after the brutalisation of Man City at the Etihad which is one of the most one sided CL games I have seen in recent times

Peps game plays a ridiculous highline and quite risky but if you get it right you would so dominate the opposition

Van Gaal just started the project and Heyckenes put the finishing touch. Till now we have not lost any game in the league and the CL and we keep breaking records.

Only a few clubs in the whole of Europe can really challenge Bayern right now

I still give pep a passmark

I still find it difficult to see the value Mandzukic in the attack other than to commit unnecessary fouls. I found it difficult to how he came to Bayern Munchen and benched Mario Gomes to the extent that Mario Gomes was sold. Mario was a goal machine at Bayern. I remeber him scoring over 30 goals for few seasons. People keep talking about Mandzukic doing the dirty work in the front but strikers at big clubs are there to score 25-40 goals a season. How many goals has Mandzukic scored in 100 games? I don't rate Madzukic in the top 40 of strikers in Europe.

On Josep Gaudiola, I don't see him making it in England. The jury is out on Gaudiola till he comes to England and manage a top team. I really want him to come to England and show us what he's got.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 27, 2013
dayokanu: Its snowing like Anything in this stadium oo

Snow is coming down in Moscow. I am home today watching the game also.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 6:21pm On Nov 27, 2013
payless: I still find it difficult to see the value Mandzukic in the attack other than to commit unnecessary fouls. I found it difficult to how he came to Bayern Munchen and benched Mario Gomes to the extent that Mario Gomes was sold. Mario was a goal machine at Bayern. I remeber him scoring over 30 goals for few seasons. People keep talking about Mandzukic doing the dirty work in the front but strikers at big clubs are there to score 25-40 goals a season. How many goals has Mandzukic scored in 100 games? I don't rate Madzukic in the top 40 of strikers in Europe.

The football of now requires everyone to work and defending starts from the top. Gone are the days a striker just wait for service and just tap in like they do previously. mandzukic is a harder worker than Gomez thats why he is preferred by both Juup and also by Pep

This season mandzukic has 8 BL goals in 13 games 10 starts How many strikers have a better goal return this season and he has 2 goals in 3CL games

On Josep Gaudiola, I don't see him making it in England. The jury is out on Gaudiola till he comes to England and manage a top team. I really want him to come to England and show us what he's got.

This is where I would have to call you out fiercely.

Tell us Peps record vs English teams first. Tell us Peps record vs English top coaches. Pep ate English league idols like Fergie, Mourinho, Wenger for dinner. So if coaches like Ancelloti can win a double in his first season in EPL why wont Pep do same?

If a coaching idiot like Mancini can win EPL why wont Pep? if Peps favourite wife Mourinho can dominate EPL why wont Pep

Why does Pep need to coach in England? Did Lippi, Hitzfeld, Del Bosque, Capello Van Gaal, Heyckenes coach in England before they became respected?

English league is known for mediocre footballing tactics so why would Pep want to coach there? Anytime an EPL team plays Pep most of the time they play like cowards and play 10 men in the box

Some records (I might be wrong though)

Pep vs Wenger 2 wins 1 loss
Pep vs Ferguson 2 wins 0 loss
Pep vs Mourinho 8 wins 3 losses
Pep vs Pellegrini 8 wins 0 losses

So which coach can compare to him
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 6:27pm On Nov 27, 2013
Robben Tooorrr

[img]http://gifti.me/i/xCq0k2NXF.gif[/img]
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 6:28pm On Nov 27, 2013
[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BaGCcFfCMAEgY9g.jpg:large[/img]

Looks like Lahm would be going out for Thiago soon.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 6:36pm On Nov 27, 2013
payless:

I still find it difficult to see the value Mandzukic in the attack other than to commit unnecessary fouls. I found it difficult to how he came to Bayern Munchen and benched Mario Gomes to the extent that Mario Gomes was sold. Mario was a goal machine at Bayern.
He scored 22 goals in his first season at Bayern! He already has 10 this season. Football has gone beyond merely scoring goals. Go and watch Bayern vs Juve first leg and watch Mandzukic delivering a clinic on how to press from the front. Ironically in Gomez's best seasons at Bayern we won nothing

payless:
I remeber him scoring over 30 goals for few seasons. People keep talking about Mandzukic doing the dirty work in the front but strikers at big clubs are there to score 25-40 goals a season. How many goals has Mandzukic scored in 100 games? I don't rate Madzukic in the top 40 of strikers in Europe.
Of what use is 25-40 goals without trophies? Gomez's refusal to do the dirty work is why he is playing in a B-Team like Fiorentina

payless:

Loool!! What is in that England people keep shouting about? Ancelotti came and won a double in his first season beating the big 4 home and away. Mourinho came and dominated the league,Mancini an average coach won the league and FA cup. Wenger came from Japan to dominate the league,Laudrup won a title with ordinary Swansea. So I'm keen on you expatiatin what's so special about this England

dayokanu: Contract negotiation going on

Looks like Boateng would get a 5yr contract

Rafinha looks close to extending till 2017

Things are looking good with kroos extension as well

But Alaba is stalled Alaba wants around 7-8m a yr but the Management is only offering to double his 2.5m a yr

Still working on the extension
Alaba needs to stop to rolling with Jigga. See what he's doing with Cano and the Yankees grin grin
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 6:38pm On Nov 27, 2013
dayokanu: [img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BaGCcFfCMAEgY9g.jpg:large[/img]

Looks like Lahm would be going out for Thiago soon.
How we dey play abeg I dey road?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 6:44pm On Nov 27, 2013
A-40:

How we dey play abeg I dey road?

First 10 minutes CSKA were doing the running around

But after that we have settled down we are largely controlling the game though still missing chances as usual
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by A40(m): 6:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
Payless dey really amaze me with him yarns sha! For someone that has been watching football for so long to claim a player or coach needs to come to the EPL to prove anything is beyond me I usually tag that as a statement a rookie pundit would say

dayokanu:

First 10 minutes CSKA were doing the running around

But after that we have settled down we are largely controlling the game though still missing chances as usual
Yeah it seems Robben is beasting today! The pitch looks awful tho
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 7:12pm On Nov 27, 2013
Honda has wasted about 2 good chances now.

Looks like we are slacking in this 2nd half
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 7:14pm On Nov 27, 2013
2-0

Great goal from Mario gotze

Ripped through the defence like hot knife in butter

We are close to making history
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 7:20pm On Nov 27, 2013
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 7:20pm On Nov 27, 2013
Penalty to CSKA

Honda converts
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 7:23pm On Nov 27, 2013
Gotze off the post

Penalty to bayern
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 7:23pm On Nov 27, 2013
Muller scores
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 7:25pm On Nov 27, 2013
A-40:
Payless dey really amaze me with him yarns sha! For someone that has been watching football for so long to claim a player or coach needs to come to the EPL to prove anything is beyond me I usually tag that as a statement a rookie pundit would say

Just like saying Messi, Xavi, Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo Lima, Schweinsteiger Lahm, Iniesta, needs to come to the EPL to prove themselves before they can be acclaimed
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 27, 2013
dayokanu:

The football of now requires everyone to work and defending starts from the top. Gone are the days a striker just wait for service and just tap in like they do previously. mandzukic is a harder worker than Gomez thats why he is preferred by both Juup and also by Pep

This season mandzukic has 8 BL goals in 13 games 10 starts How many strikers have a better goal return this season and he has 2 goals in 3CL games

This is where I would have to call you out fiercely.

Tell us Peps record vs English teams first. Tell us Peps record vs English top coaches. Pep ate English league idols like Fergie, Mourinho, Wenger for dinner. So if coaches like Ancelloti can win a double in his first season in EPL why wont Pep do same?

If a coaching idiot like Mancini can win EPL why wont Pep? if Peps favourite wife Mourinho can dominate EPL why wont Pep

Why does Pep need to coach in England? Did Lippi, Hitzfeld, Del Bosque, Capello Van Gaal, Heyckenes coach in England before they became respected?

English league is known for mediocre footballing tactics so why would Pep want to coach there? Anytime an EPL team plays Pep most of the time they play like cowards and play 10 men in the box

Some records (I might be wrong though)

Pep vs Wenger 2 wins 1 loss
Pep vs Ferguson 2 wins 0 loss
Pep vs Mourinho 8 wins 3 losses
Pep vs Pellegrini 8 wins 0 losses

So which coach can compare to him

There nothing like football of nowadays that says strikers must be involved 100% of the time when it comes to defending. It all depends on style of players. We had strikers in Spain and other countries who have nothing to do with defending. If you had been watching La Liga and other leagues in the last four years, you would have seen that players like Negredo, Soldado, Benzema, Turan, Fredi, Higuain, Cavani, Damiao, Alexander Pato and some other strikers have never been part of style of play that requires strikers to defend with other players. There is no doubt that Mandzukic work a lot on defence but for a top striker of a team like Bayern Munchen, his goal tally is not good enough. Playing more defensively has made him in into commiting fouls that earn him cards unnecessarily. Strikers are remembered for scoring tons of goals. Strikers are not remembered for playing great defence.

Othma Hitzfeld, Heyeckenes, Top Moeller, Cruyff, Van Gaal, Lippi, Bosque, and Capello were coaches of 6-18 years ago. England was not as big during their era as EPL is in the last 5-6 years. They didn't have to be coaches in England to be considered great because EPL wasn't as big during their era. When we talk of today's coaches, Gaudiola is not yet in the league of those great coaches. In this era, you have to coach in England to be considered as one of the best.

On Gaudiola, you cannot judge him on his achievement based on Champions League successes he had against Ferguson. Gaudiola has only had good result against Ferguson. How many times has he beaten Arsenal and by how many goals? When he first came to play Chelsea, they were lucky to beat Chelsea with a disgraceful officiating by referee. Di Matteo beat Gaudiola few times in the Champions League. Don't compare Gaudiola's record against Mourinho in Spain. There is a different dimension to EPL. EPL is more competitive than Bundesliga or La Liga. There are six teams in England who are capable of winning the league, and two who have outside chances of winning it in England. There are only two in Spain (R. Madrid and Barcelona) and three in Germany ( Bayern Munchen, Dortmund and Leverkusen/Schalke 04).

No coach can just come to England and have success after being succesful in a different country. EPL is a different League entirely. Underrate Sunderland or Hull at your own peril. You never for sure know who is going to win in England. Mourinho, Pelegrini and AVB would tell you it is never an easy task in England. I don't know if you know how successful Juande Ramos was with Seville in Spain before coming to England. Juande Ramos came to England with success of winning 80% of games in Spain in three years before taking over at Tottenham. He found out in the right way. Andre Villas Boa is another successful coach in Portugal before coming to England. Allan Perin was a successful coach in France before coming to England. Ancelloti was an household name in Italy before failing woefully in his second year in England. Benitez was successful in Spain before failing in England. The list is endless........

I just don't see Gaudiola having same success he had in Spain transfered to England. How does he deal with the most vicious media in the world? How does he adapt to constant rainfall in England? How does he win games during the hectic period of December when they have to play every three days in the last three weeks of December and first week of January? How does Gaudiola adapt to situation where there is no winter break?

The jury is still out on Gaudiola. Don't get me wrong, I have been a Gaudiola's fan since 1992 at Barcelona under Johan Cruyff, then Bobby Robson.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 27, 2013
dayokanu:

Just like saying Messi, Xavi, Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo Lima, Schweinsteiger Lahm, Iniesta, needs to come to the EPL to prove themselves before they can be acclaimed

I would love to see Messi, Xavi, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Iniesta come to England and play in EPL where there are no winter breaks. Schweinsteiger and Phillip Lahm are the only two that I know for sure about having success in EPL if they make the switch. EPL where you are not given the time on the ball. EPL where the referees allow you to bruise your opponents but only blow the whistle when it gets bloody. Ask Christiano Ronaldo and Micheal Ballack about the difference between the EPL or any other leagues. Ronaldo has said it all. Ballack even explained it further about not comparing EPL to Bundesliga or any other leagues in Europe. Ballack said EPL is a lot more superior to Bundesliga.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 27, 2013
Congrats to Bayern for setting a new Champions League record of 10 consecutive wins. cool
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 8:10pm On Nov 27, 2013
payless: Othma Hitzfeld, Heyeckenes, Top Moeller, Cruyff, Van Gaal, Lippi, Bosque, and Capello were coaches of 6-18 years ago. England was not as big during their era as EPL is in the last 5-6 years. They didn't have to be coaches in England to be considered great because EPL wasn't as big during their era. When we talk of today's coaches, Gaudiola is not yet in the league of those great coaches. In this era, you have to coach in England to be considered as one of the best.

Van gaal still coached bayern 3 yrs ago and he still coaches. If Van gaal is a coach of the past then who are the new age coaches? Wenger or ferguson abi na Pellegrini?

So who are these coaches of peps generation that he should come compete with? AVB or Brendan Rodgers Martinez or whom?

There are few great young coaches Maybe 3 Mourinho, Klopp and Pep. Guardiola has beaten Mourinho hopelessly that it doesnt make any sense to even face him again. As at last count Pep has beaten Jose 8 times including Mourinhos heaviest defeat of 5-0 and recently in the Super cup.

On Gaudiola, you cannot judge him on his achievement based on Champions League successes he had against Ferguson. Gaudiola has only had good result against Ferguson. How many times has he beaten Arsenal and by how many goals? When he first came to play Chelsea, they were lucky to beat Chelsea with a disgraceful officiating by referee. Di Matteo beat Gaudiola few times in the Champions League. Don't compare Gaudiola's record against Mourinho in Spain. There is a different dimension to EPL. EPL is more competitive than Bundesliga or La Liga. There are six teams in England who are capable of winning the league, and two who have outside chances of winning it in England. There are only two in Spain (R. Madrid and Barcelona) and three in Germany ( Bayern Munchen, Dortmund and Leverkusen/Schalke 04).

If we cant use Champions League to judge 2 coaches who play in different league then what should we use to judge? Carling Cup?

Guardiola won teice vs Wenger 4-1 and 3-1 while Wenger won 2-1

So aggregates between Pep and Wenger is 8-4 If thats not domination tell me what is.

How is EPl more competitive than Bundesliga for example? Since 2004, 5 teams have won the Bundesliga 4 teams have won the EPL
WHich 6 teams are capable of winning the EPL? Liverpool and Spurs has as much chance of winning as hamburg, Mochengladbach or Hertha berlin

No coach can just come to England and have success after being succesful in a different country. EPL is a different League entirely. Underrate Sunderland or Hull at your own peril. You never for sure know who is going to win in England. Mourinho, Pelegrini and AVB would tell you it is never an easy task in England. I don't know if you know how successful Juande Ramos was with Seville in Spain before coming to England. Juande Ramos came to England with success of winning 80% of games in Spain in three years before taking over at Tottenham. He found out in the right way. Andre Villas Boa is another successful coach in Portugal before coming to England. Allan Perin was a successful coach in France before coming to England. Ancelloti was an household name in Italy before failing woefully in his second year in England. Benitez was successful in Spain before failing in England. The list is endless........

WHat Success did Juande Ramos enjoy in Spain? He won Copa del rey and also won Carling cup in England.

Carlos Quieroz was well heralded in England we knew how that ended for him in SPain or which manager has left EPL and enjoyed any form of success in any top league? Steve Mclaren was chased out of Wolfsburg. French league and Portuguese leagues are grade B leagues

I can also tell you of Bert va Mawijk who came from Dutch league and flopped.

Ancelotti was a household name in Italy came to England and won in his debut season he won a double

I just don't see Gaudiola having same success he had in Spain transfered to England. How does he deal with the most vicious media in the world? How does he adapt to constant rainfall in England? How does he win games during the hectic period of December when they have to play every three days in the last three weeks of December and first week of January? How does Gaudiola adapt to situation where there is no winter break?

Is the media scrutiny in England worse than the one he faces at Bayern or in Barca? The English surely love to overrate themselves

Bayern and Barca are the teams you draw one game and everyone in the media is all over about how theres a crisis. Mourinho has lost how many games now Is there any scrutiny on him?

Rainfall like England is the only place rain falls? Watch the Bundesliga in December and all the stadiums would be covered in snow

No coach can just come to England and have success after being succesful in a different country. EPL is a different League entirely. Underrate Sunderland or Hull at your own peril. You never for sure know who is going to win in England. Mourinho, Pelegrini and AVB would tell you it is

These happens in every league only that the people in England love to talk about theirs Elche almost got points off madrid if not for a questionable decision, Braunschweig defeated leverkusen some weeks back, Freiburg drew almighty Bayern

So tell me whats new
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 8:14pm On Nov 27, 2013
payless: I would love to see Messi, Xavi, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Iniesta come to England and play in EPL where there are no winter breaks. Schweinsteiger and Phillip Lahm are the only two that I know for sure about having success in EPL if they make the switch. EPL where you are not given the time on the ball. EPL where the referees allow you to bruise your opponents but only blow the whistle when it gets bloody. Ask Christiano Ronaldo and Micheal Ballack about the difference between the EPL or any other leagues. Ronaldo has said it all. Ballack even explained it further about not comparing EPL to Bundesliga or any other leagues in Europe. Ballack said EPL is a lot more superior to Bundesliga.

Maybe we should ask players who were virtually mediocre in the Bundesliga and turned to instant superstars in the EPL

Roque Santacruz who was averaging 5 goals per season in BL suddenly scoring 19goals a season

A mediocre berbatov immediately became a cult hero in EPL winning the golden boot

Demba Ba never had it so good in the BL like when hes facing mediocre EPL opponents or a Vincent Kompany who immediately became best defender in EPL, what of Pappis Cisse who tore every net within 6months of joining EPL abi na Hleb we wan talk

or above average La Lga players like Aguero, Mata, Silva, Michu etc who suddenly became EPl superstars
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2013
dayokanu:

Van gaal still coached bayern 3 yrs ago and he still coaches. If Van gaal is a coach of the past then who are the new age coaches? Wenger or ferguson abi na Pellegrini?

So who are these coaches of peps generation that he should come compete with? AVB or Brendan Rodgers Martinez or whom?

If we cant use Champions League to judge 2 coaches who play in different league then what should we use to judge? Carling Cup?

Guardiola won teice vs Wenger 4-1 and 3-1 while Wenger won 2-1

So aggregates between Pep and Wenger is 8-4 If thats not domination tell me what is.

How is EPl more competitive than Bundesliga for example? Since 2004, 5 teams have won the Bundesliga 4 teams have won the EPL
WHich 6 teams are capable of winning the EPL? Liverpool and Spurs has as much chance of winning as hamburg, Mochengladbach or Hertha berlin

WHat Success did Juande Ramos enjoy in Spain? He won Copa del rey and also won Carling cup in England.

Carlos Quieroz was well heralded in England we knew how that ended for him in SPain or which manager has left EPL and enjoyed any form of success in any top league? Steve Mclaren was chased out of Wolfsburg. French league and Portuguese leagues are grade B leagues

I can also tell you of Bert va Mawijk who came from Dutch league and flopped.

Ancelotti was a household name in Italy came to England and won in his debut season he won a double

Is the media scrutiny in England worse than the one he faces at Bayern or in Barca? The English surely love to overrate themselves

Bayern and Barca are the teams you draw one game and everyone in the media is all over about how theres a crisis. Mourinho has lost how many games now Is there any scrutiny on him?

Rainfall like England is the only place rain falls? Watch the Bundesliga in December and all the stadiums would be covered in snow

These happens in every league only that the people in England love to talk about theirs Elche almost got points off madrid if not for a questionable decision, Braunschweig defeated leverkusen some weeks back, Freiburg drew almighty Bayern

So tell me whats new

OMG!!! grin grin grin grin

EPL is the most watched and loved league in the world. It is the destination where most players want to be. Ballack and Christiano Ronaldo testified to this beofre. I have been looking for the links to what Ballack and Christiano said about EPL with no success finding the links yet.

I really want Gaudiola in in England to prove a lot of us wrong.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by dayokanu(m): 8:29pm On Nov 27, 2013
payless: OMG!!! grin grin grin grin

EPL is the most watched and loved league in the world. It is the destination where most players want to be. Ballack and Christiano Ronaldo testified to this beofre. I have been looking for the links to what Ballack and Christiano said about EPL with no success finding the links yet.

I really want Gaudiola in in England to prove a lot of us wrong.

Being the most watched means nothing. And is very far from a datum for measurement.

Which players want to be in EPL, Do you know how many top players who turned down the EPL this last transfer window? Thiago, Falcao, Falcao, cavani You must really believe this EPL hype. If bayern is to play in EPL I can assure you they would win 5 back to back titles

Guardiola doesnt need to come to England and prove anyone wrong Just the way Ferguson didnt leave England before attaining his status or why didnt anyone tell Fergie he needs to coach in Italy in the 90's and 2000 that he must play in Italy or Spain to be considered a great coach?
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 27, 2013
dayokanu:

Maybe we should ask players who were virtually mediocre in the Bundesliga and turned to instant superstars in the EPL

Roque Santacruz who was averaging 5 goals per season in BL suddenly scoring 19goals a season

A mediocre berbatov immediately became a cult hero in EPL winning the golden boot

Demba Ba never had it so good in the BL like when hes facing mediocre EPL opponents or a Vincent Kompany who immediately became best defender in EPL, what of Pappis Cisse who tore every net within 6months of joining EPL abi na Hleb we wan talk

or above average La Lga players like Aguero, Mata, Silva, Michu etc who suddenly became EPl superstars

Santa Cruz was a good player at Bayern. I remember him playing at Under 20 World Cup in Nigeria. He was hampered by nagging injury since he was 21. He started well at Bayern Munchen. He score about 20 goals in his first season at Blackburn but went down with re-occuring knee injury in the second year in England. Demba Ba has always been an average player before coming to England. Papis Cisse wasn't bad in Germany either before coming to EPL and he wasn't great either. If he was great, he wouldn't have gone to Newscastle Utd. He has never been profilic player all his career. He only had a quick success which happens from time to time in strikers career. He did not tear any net in his first 6 months. Successful yes but not prolific. Don't forget, Thiery Henry was great at Monaco, then bad at Juventus before becoming a big player at Arsenal. He was a success when he left Arsenal and moved to Barca.

On Hleb, he was a skillful midfielder and was successful at Stuttgart and Arsenal. Gaudiola described Hleb as underrated player with a lot football brain. Hleb had problem in Spain due to inablity to learn the language and adapt to the culture. He was unable to communicate with most of his teammates at Arsenal and Barcelona. He was asigned a language teacher which he refused. That was the end of him at Barcelona. If the coach cannot communicate with you, how do you expect him to pass information across to you?

Aguero, Mata, Silva, Michu ... Aguero was a success at Athletico Madrid. I know he score 74 goals during his time in spain Spain despite having injuries. He scored 23 goal in a season at Independiente in Argentina before coming to Europe. He has been a very good striker at different clubs before coming to England. Silva has been a great player with Valencia since 2002. He has been part of Spain's success for over eight years. How do you defend the charge of him not being great? He won the league and spanish cups when Rafael was the boss at Valencia. The same with Mata. Mata is a very good player that would get into Bayern Munchen first team. He is unselfish and make his team mates better. Michu is above average. He is good but not a great striker. He likes to operate from midfield.

I have known Vincient Kompany since he was 16 at Anderlecht. He is very good defender. He played very well at Hamburg and he has been immensed at Man City. I don't know why you said he quickly became a good player in England. Kompany was good before coming to England. Don't forget, Komapany is the captain of Belgium. That proves something.

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (1043) (Reply)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.