Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,741 members, 7,862,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:23 PM

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (626) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe (1090704 Views)

Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 0) On 20th October 2015 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Champions Of England! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (1043) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by pkasso(m): 7:02pm On Dec 25, 2016
chic2pimp:

Are you telling me there are more than 5 defenders in the world better than Boateng? If Yes Name them
Boateng has just one good summer and he's suddenly world-class. Abegi. We've all seen with our korokoro eyes how he has performed this season. David Luiz alone shits on him.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by chic2pimp(m): 7:06pm On Dec 25, 2016
airmark:

Are you sure you have been watching full matches of these guys this season? You said currently boathand was one of the best 3 in the world. Those i listed have been a handful this season, boathand has been a flop so far. Hummels is the best cb in that useless burnthisleaguedown, david luiz has led a defence on an impressive clean sheet. How did you arrive at 'currently'?

May I worded it wrongly seeing as Boateng has only played a handful of matches this season so i'll say this year. Also is it not the same Luiz a couple of guys on the chelsea thread keep on slaughtering?

3 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by chic2pimp(m): 7:18pm On Dec 25, 2016
pkasso:
Boateng has just one good summer and he's suddenly world-class. Abegi. We've all seen with our korokoro eyes how he has performed this season. David Luiz alone shits on him.

Nah Boateng has actually been consistent for 2-3 seasons now. It's just that you guys magnify His mistakes. I am simply not buying the argument Boateng is not one of the world's finest. Calamity Luiz? If you had said Ramos or Godin then Yes not flipping Luiz.

3 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by airmark(m): 7:25pm On Dec 25, 2016
chic2pimp:

May I worded it wrongly seeing as Boateng has only played a handful of matches this season so i'll say this year. Also is it not the same Luiz a couple of guys on the chelsea thread keep on slaughtering?

No, he is not among top 3 in the world this year. There are some school boy's errors, you are not expected to make as a top class defender. Players make mistakes but when you are known for those blunders even your team mates will have reservations about your quality. You cant be doing flip-flop and think, experts will look over your silly mistakes. No my bro. A defender who hasn't learnt how to stand firm when sold a dummy, only to be crashing on the turf, is a zombie defender. He should be at his peak at 28, yet he is playing like a rookie. Getting destroyed by china-bound players all the time.

[img]http:///media/11-23-2016/Irkuqz.gif[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Debroslink: 7:57pm On Dec 25, 2016
airmark:

Currently, i put David luiz, Tiago silva, Godin, hummels, Van dijk above that calamitous ghanaian.

2 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by airmark(m): 8:18pm On Dec 25, 2016
Debroslink:

That's how useless alago is. Experts look at present individual brilliance in a team. If you are a great player playing for hearts of oaks, sound coach of a big team will notice you.

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by chic2pimp(m): 8:35pm On Dec 25, 2016
airmark:

No, he is not among top 3 in the world this year. There are some school boy's errors, you are not expected to make as a top class defender. Players make mistakes but when you are known for those blunders even your team mates will have reservations about your quality. You cant be doing flip-flop and think, experts will look over your silly mistakes. No my bro. A defender who hasn't learnt how to stand firm when sold a dummy, only to be crashing on the turf, is a zombie defender. He should be at his peak at 28, yet he is playing like a rookie. Getting destroyed by china-bound players all the time.

[img]http:///media/11-23-2016/Irkuqz.gif[/img]

Nah Bro I disagree. No one is saying Boateng will go down as one of the greatest ever defenders but let's not kid ourselves He was stellar this year. No one player is immune from making mistakes. The great Cannavaro made a few when we signed for Real. Ramos as good as He is is a red card waiting to happen yet we can't deny that they are quality defenders. Sure He might not have the resume of a John Terry but abeg let's give credit to whom it is due. Even If I were to begrudgingly agree that He is not top 3, at worst He is Top 5.

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by chic2pimp(m): 8:37pm On Dec 25, 2016
airmark:

That's how useless alago is. Experts look at present individual brilliance in a team. If you are a great player playing for hearts of oaks, sound coach of a big team will notice you.

As you can see He has had a stop start season thus far. Let's judge Him when He is fully recovered from His various nagging injuries.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by airmark(m): 10:05pm On Dec 25, 2016
chic2pimp:

Nah Bro I disagree. No one is saying Boateng will go down as one of the greatest ever defenders but let's not kid ourselves He was stellar this year. No one player is immune from making mistakes. The great Cannavaro made a few when we signed for Real. Ramos as good as He is is a red card waiting to happen yet we can't deny that they are quality defenders. Sure He might not have the resume of a John Terry but abeg let's give credit to whom it is due. Even If I were to begrudgingly agree that He is not top 3, at worst He is Top 5.

Boathand could be the best defender in burnthisleaguedown when it was full of djilobodji types of defenders, no p. Extending the dragnet to the world is a no no for me. Tell me if boathand is better than fully fit chielini, bonnucci, godin, ramos and pique? A fully fit hummels is a god to boathand. Technically speaking, currently i prefer koulibaly to him. I was one of those who believed conte would talk to luiz and work on him to bring out his best. Under mou, luiz was worst than boathand in positional football because mou would rather bench a player than to talk to him and work on him. David luiz this season is better than whatever boathand was at his peak. Boathand against top attackers most of the time got exposed. Thats why dayo mostly refers to few matches he played slightly above average. Against aguero, oscar, messi, martinez, shane long, neymar and co he was found out. Dont get me wrong, these guys can score any defender, but the ways they scored those goals were due to poor defending by boathand. This is how we rate defenders, not when you are playing against tired legs like kalou that full burnthisleaguedown.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 25, 2016
Luis Enrique wants to bring back Thiago Alcantara (25) from Bayern. Barcelona are willing to pay 40m for the midfielder.[don balon]

ThiagoBack. grin
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Ibime(m): 2:13am On Dec 26, 2016
chic2pimp:

David Luiz and Van Dijk bawo? Abeg comot those two from your list. Thiago Silva and Godin I'll give you. Hummels a couple of years or so back "Yes" definitely not right now.

He has not come to Pepe, Ramos, Bonucci, Chiellini, Barzagli etc. If not for injury this season, I would put Jose Gimenez ahead sef.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by chic2pimp(m): 2:59am On Dec 26, 2016
Ibime:

He has not come to Pepe, Ramos, Bonucci, Chiellini, Barzagli etc. If not for injury this season, I would put Jose Gimenez ahead sef.

If We were to judge by their performances for both club and country, then Pepe is the only one you can say had a better year (key member of 2 winning teams)with Bonucci not far behind. No way does Boateng not make top 5.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by chic2pimp(m): 3:07am On Dec 26, 2016
airmark:

Boathand could be the best defender in burnthisleaguedown when it was full of djilobodji types of defenders, no p. Extending the dragnet to the world is a no no for me. Tell me if boathand is better than fully fit chielini, bonnucci, godin, ramos and pique? A fully fit hummels is a god to boathand. Technically speaking, currently i prefer koulibaly to him. I was one of those who believed conte would talk to luiz and work on him to bring out his best. Under mou, luiz was worst than boathand in positional football because mou would rather bench a player than to talk to him and work on him. David luiz this season is better than whatever boathand was at his peak. Boathand against top attackers most of the time got exposed. Thats why dayo mostly refers to few matches he played slightly above average. Against aguero, oscar, messi, martinez, shane long, neymar and co he was found out. Dont get me wrong, these guys can score any defender, but the ways they scored those goals were due to poor defending by boathand. This is how we rate defenders, not when you are playing against tired legs like kalou that full burnthisleaguedown.

Hahaha nah Bundesliga you dey refer to as filled with "Djilobodji" type defenders? grin. Perharps when all is said and done they'll be seen as superior defenders to Boateng. However going by their performances this year, no way do they all rank above Boateng. Plus When you say you prefer Koulabaly to Him then I think you are severly underrating Boateng.

I'm still not buying the Luiz thingy. At least With Bonucci,Godin,Pique et al there is a debate to be had. Not with flipping Calamity Luiz though. You know what, Let's see how they compare once Boateng gets back to fully fitness. I'll be the first to put my hands up If I am proven wrong. Loool Hitler's league has suffered sha. grin. That league you say is filled up with washed up talents is actually one of the top 3 leagues shey u know?

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by airmark(m): 4:08am On Dec 26, 2016
chic2pimp:

Hahaha nah Bundesliga you dey refer to as filled with "Djilobodji" type defenders? grin. Perharps when all is said and done they'll be seen as superior defenders to Boateng. However going by their performances this year, no way do they all rank above Boateng. Plus When you say you prefer Koulabaly to Him then I think you are severly underrating Boateng.

I'm still not buying the Luiz thingy. At least With Bonucci,Godin,Pique et al there is a debate to be had. Not with flipping Calamity Luiz though. You know what, Let's see how they compare once Boateng gets back to fully fitness. I'll be the first to put my hands up If I am proven wrong. Loool Hitler's league has suffered sha. grin. That league you say is filled up with washed up talents is actually one of the top 3 leagues shey u know?

Yes burnthisleaguedown is full of epl loanees/tired legs. There's a reason hector lamented few days ago, that in germany, players fall easily like boneless beings. Can you name one world class defender from that burnthisleaguedown, apart from those in bayern and dortmund that you can buy into your team? We fell for baba rahman, we quickly offloaded him back to the league on loan. Why wont they celebrate boathand , a mediocre as the best thing from that clime? Was boathand not fully fit when he raised his two hands to stop an up ball at euros? Was he not fit when hazard froze him like mavros, when oscar massacred him, when messi buried him, when martinez undressed him? Earlier this season ajakaja40 and his master were bragging that the mumu was back to his best, not knowing the likes of griezzman and azzmoun were lurking around the corner to put the final nail on his coffin. He defends like an amateur, carrying all his body to defend without plan b and gets smacked down by juveniles and vets. Luiz so far has been doing well and has improved unless you haven't been following him this term. 9 out of 10 big coaches will prefer luiz to a crashing boathand. Bayern's exploit in europe has been helpful to the league's high rating. While mou and wenger are crying, cos of tight end of the year schedule, the german league is on a month break. Tell me why wont bayern be refreshed for ucl when it resumes? Ancelotti didn't make below comment for fun. His problem is ucl, where the likes of messi, neymar, griezmann are waiting to feast on boathand.

5 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by bigkesh(m): 7:17am On Dec 26, 2016
The mistakes Boateng makes,no elite CB should be doing that...
Take Azzmoun and Martinez goals as examples, it's terrible defending

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by AdisaOwala: 7:52am On Dec 26, 2016
Airmark though..

grin grin grin
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Ibime(m): 9:20am On Dec 26, 2016
chic2pimp:

If We were to judge by their performances for both club and country, then Pepe is the only one you can say had a better year (key member of 2 winning teams)with Bonucci not far behind. No way does Boateng not make top 5.

The contribution of the others is more than the contribution of Boateng.

Boatengs contribution has been 5-0 hammerings every UCL semifinal and turning into headless chicken that can't organise one iota of defence. He is a field nigga, not a House nigga to use colourful analogy. Field nigga is the one who does all the running and physical work eg Kolo Toure while house nigga is the one who organises where his teammates should position themselves eg Sol Campbell.

BoaDUMB is a field nigga. A real stupid modaphucka.

3 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by pkasso(m): 11:41am On Dec 26, 2016
chic2pimp:

Nah Boateng has actually been consistent for 2-3 seasons now. It's just that you guys magnify His mistakes. I am simply not buying the argument Boateng is not one of the world's finest. Calamity Luiz? If you had said Ramos or Godin then Yes not flipping Luiz.
Have you actually taken time out to watch Luiz this season rather than relying on what some people say? He has been the best CB in the EPL by a mile. Even Ramuzaki sef no fit talk.

You know a player is shyte when the CEO of his club decides to criticize him in the public.

http://in.mobile.reuters.com/article/idINKBN0DJ0G420140503

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3967538/Bayern-Munich-chief-Karl-Heinz-Rummenigge-says-good-Jerome-Boateng-came-earth-bit-poor-display.html

That's why I like Kalle, the guy no dey send.

4 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by pkasso(m): 12:13pm On Dec 26, 2016
bykebyke:
Luis Enrique wants to bring back Thiago Alcantara (25) from Bayern. Barcelona are willing to pay 40m for the midfielder.[don balon]

ThiagoBack. grin
That one no fit happen. We don't sell our best players. You guys would have to wait at least till 2018/2019 to stand a chance of getting him.
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 2:56pm On Dec 26, 2016
Ibime:

The contribution of the others is more than the contribution of Boateng.

Boatengs contribution has been 5-0 hammerings every UCL semifinal and turning into headless chicken that can't organise one iota of defence. He is a field nigga, not a House nigga to use colourful analogy. Field nigga is the one who does all the running and physical work eg Kolo Toure while house nigga is the one who organises where his teammates should position themselves eg Sol Campbell.

BoaDUMB is a field nigga. A real stupid modaphucka.

Boateng

2010 world cup semi final
2012 Euro cup semi final
2014 world cup winner
2016 EUro cup semi final

CLub

2012 CL finalist
2013 CL winner
2014 CL semi finalist
2015 CL semi finalist
2016 CL semi finalist

This is consistency at the top with performances in major finals that a useless John terry will kill for

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by patrickmuf(m): 3:05pm On Dec 26, 2016
Godin, Pepe, Bonucci, Pique, Ramos, T. Silva, Toby Alderweireld and Luiz are all currently better than Boateng...
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 3:07pm On Dec 26, 2016
patrickmuf:
Godin, Pepe, Bonucci, Pique, Ramos, T. Silva, Toby Alderweireld and Luiz are all currently better than Boateng...

Bonnuci Luiz Toby Alderweireld arent even top 5 defender by any stretch of imagination. Even get liver to include any EPL defender. Toby ko Tosin ni.

Even Luiz wey dey benefit from community defending in Chelsea dem dey mention am with defenders?

Luiz who still makes several mistakes per game almost all the Chelsea games he still makes errors which other defenders cover for

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nihilist: 3:12pm On Dec 26, 2016
patrickmuf:

I would also add Kolscieny, Matip, and Godfrey Obaobona to your list

2 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by patrickmuf(m): 3:19pm On Dec 26, 2016
raumdeuter:

Bonnuci Luiz Toby Alderweireld arent even top 5 defender by any stretch of imagination. Even get liver to include any EPL defender. Toby ko Tosin ni.

Even Luiz wey dey benefit from community defending in Chelsea dem dey mention am with defenders?

Luiz who still makes several mistakes per game almost all the Chelsea games he still makes errors which other defenders cover for
Community defending you say? How about Boateng who profits from Bayern's domination of possession?
Bonucci isn't top 5?
Have you watched Toby or you're just hating?
Your opinion on Luiz is your ego at work
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by patrickmuf(m): 3:22pm On Dec 26, 2016
Nihilist:

Kolscieny? Yes...
Jose Jimenez is another I'll put ahead of Boateng...
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 3:40pm On Dec 26, 2016
patrickmuf:
Community defending you say? How about Boateng who profits from Bayern's domination of possession?
Bonucci isn't top 5?
Have you watched Toby or you're just hating?
Your opinion on Luiz is your ego at work

You think dominating possesion helps with defending? Have you seen how City dominating possesion is helping their defence?

Its a known fact that defnders in a community defence defensive style all cover for others than in possesion where they are exposed on counter attacks

Cahill that everyone knows is a terrible defender is now a member of community defence
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 3:42pm On Dec 26, 2016
Nihilist:

If only you can show us a performance of any of these in CL crucial stages or world cup final

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by patrickmuf(m): 3:44pm On Dec 26, 2016
raumdeuter:

You think dominating possesion helps with defending? Have you seen how City dominating possesion is helping their defence?

Its a known fact that defnders in a community defence defensive style all cover for others than in possesion where they are exposed on counter attacks
Possession game get levels, Arsenal play possession football, Bournemouth too, Bayern, Barca, Villareal etc but there's a level to it all...How many times do Bayern get exposed? How many times do Bournemouth get exposed?

3 Likes

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 3:50pm On Dec 26, 2016
patrickmuf:
Possession game get levels, Arsenal play possession football, Bournemouth too, Bayern, Barca, Villareal etc but there's a level to it all...How many times do Bayern get exposed? How many times do Bournemouth get exposed?

Bournemouth lacks quality and they are a lower level side, City and Liverpool are the PL sides that play the most possesion this season and their defence gets exposed much more than others. They have both conceded more goals than anyone in top 7

Bayern defence gets exposed regularly especially in the days of Guardiola and its left to Boateng to race 30yards in a high line to block attackers. We saw how some of these defenders fared in a high line when AVB deployed it.

If na community defending any one will look good in it

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by patrickmuf(m): 3:53pm On Dec 26, 2016
raumdeuter:

Bournemouth lacks quality and they are a lower level side, City and Liverpool are the PL sides that play the most possesion this season and their defence gets exposed much more than others. They have both conceded more goals than anyone in top 7

Bayern defence gets exposed regularly especially in the days of Guardiola and its left to Boateng to race 30yards in a high line to block attackers. We saw how some of these defenders fared in a high line when AVB deployed it.

Liverpool are more like Madrid, all out attack, end to end stuff, can't really associate their play to that of Barca/Arsenal/Bayern
Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by Nihilist: 3:54pm On Dec 26, 2016
raumdeuter:

Actually City and Liverpool are amongst the teams that have conceded the fewest chances and fewest shots in their box this season. Unfortunately they just have 'imbecides' in their defence and goal so that any chance they do concede turns into a goal...just like what happened to Bayern when azmoun got a chance.

1 Like

Re: Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe by raumdeuter: 3:57pm On Dec 26, 2016
patrickmuf:
Liverpool are more like Madrid, all out attack, end to end stuff, can't really associate their play to that of Barca/Arsenal/Bayern

Liverpool after City has the most possesion in the league and we can see the effect on their defence. Averaging almost 60% every game

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (1043) (Reply)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.