Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract (17367 Views)

Stakeholders Meet To Discuss Development Of Badagry Deep Sea Port. / Sanwo-Olu Receives Approval For Badagry Deep Seaport Project / Paul Ogwuma And Wife Buy N15.6bn Property In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract by mapet: 5:13pm On Jun 25, 2019
wink2015:
WHAT IS HAPPENING TO WARRI PORT ?

SHIPS ARE NOT COMING TO DOCK THERE?

IT IS JUST A GLORIFIED PORT OF ITSELF!

But President Mohammadu Buhari is going to invest Niger delta crude oil money on developing BARO PORT.

AND THE DRY PORT IN KADUNA.

BARO PORT DO NOT EVEN HAVE ANY ACCESS TO THE ATLANTIC OCEAN.

Chai! This your submission is "beautiful-ignorance"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract by jaxxy(m): 5:15pm On Jun 25, 2019
They want to destroy lekki with trailers too? Ok oo

1 Like

Re: NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract by LordPsalm(m): 5:16pm On Jun 25, 2019
Politics. Lagos is already conjested with only one seaport, Why building another? what happen to Rehabilitation of Portharcourt seaport?

6 Likes

Re: NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract by Hedonisst: 5:17pm On Jun 25, 2019
omohayek:
Just great, another contractual dispute to follow on the heels of the outrageously inflated MTN fine, the byzantine FX rate scheme, the arbitrary impositions of import controls, and the refusal to make even the slightest move in the direction of privatizing or deregulating anything whatsoever. It’s as if the Buhari government feels even the current depressed levels of FDI are still too high for its comfort, and is therefore casting about for new ways to drive it towards the goal of zero! Of course, there will be no shortage of poorly educated, blind partisans who will show up to cheer on this new inanity ...

The problem is that this Buhari government is populated by small minded hawks with a parochial mindset out to only achieve very self-centred short term objectives for themselves. We have never had this kind of gruesome government. And the truth is that if the Supreme Court doesn't do the needful soonest, Nigeria would bleed to death within the next four years.

3 Likes

Re: NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract by Unbiased1: 5:19pm On Jun 25, 2019
g
Re: NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract by caprini1: 5:19pm On Jun 25, 2019
junkiesneverdie:
Can we as Nigerians be rational for once!!! Great move by the Federal government I hope they cancel it permanently how can you have three ports in one state when there are other States like Cross River, Delta, Anambra State that needs more improvements on their ports we are complaining of a papa gridlock and here we are trying to build new seaports in the same Lagos that is too congested how about moving to other parts of Nigeria must everything be centred in Lagos
The only thing Badagry needs ,is the road leading to that town from agbara ,fixed!

1 Like

Re: NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract by bigfish3k: 5:21pm On Jun 25, 2019
given the traffic and trailer menace at Apapa port , i dont even see it as a wise decision to build another port in badagry, lagos is too congested for that. i pity lekki roads when the new port becomes operational "dry and wet" ports should should be built nationwide in all regions for decongestion and even spread. ondo is ok for a port if it must be SW

but why wouldnt it be cancelled
since elections are now over
anyway, i earlier saw it as an election bait
Re: NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract by Soyinka711(f): 5:24pm On Jun 25, 2019
Cancel without reason
Re: NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract by mapet: 5:25pm On Jun 25, 2019
Blue3k:

If they're cancelling this over its proximity to lekki they can build another deep seaport in Ondo. That governor has been asking for this project forever. Hopefully they get better deal after renegotiating contract. Where is the port master plan?

She sounds confused aren't same project under different names?

The both within proximity narrative does not seem a strong enough argument to me. Badagry port is of strategic importance to both local and regional corridor. It is supposed to be integrated into the Lagos - Benin-Togo-Ghana-Abijan super road-rail-ports network project to facilitate high volume commerce across these countries. If you are canceling because of quality of Port Master project, then by all means review the damn thing. A comparative analysis with other port considerations should ideally tell which one takes priority.

Then have the cost and time of arbitration been factored? Sometimes it is better to agree to modify the TOR, quality & other stuffs than arbitration....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract by SocialJustice: 5:26pm On Jun 25, 2019
post=79662811:

An appointment your old man promised to give us abi?!
Attention seeking tin!
Sorry, my papa don. I wasn't mocking you. You be very loyal boy but una go just dey run mouth and you don't even know who you're addressing. No vex say I ask.

2 Likes

Re: NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 25, 2019
Luvmp:
As an igbo guy sometimes I admire the yourubas and how they hustle to be at the top of everything.

But attitude problem will not allow my Igbo brothers.
Stupid comment
Re: NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract by TSRC: 5:28pm On Jun 25, 2019
They should spend that money in the south south.
Diversify the nation's ports, you moronss.

3 Likes

Re: NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract by TSRC: 5:30pm On Jun 25, 2019
mapet:

The both within proximity narrative does not seem a strong enough argument to me. Badagry port is of strategic importance to both local and regional corridor. It is supposed to be integrated into the Lagos - Benin-Togo-Ghana-Abijan super road-rail-ports network project to facilitate high volume commerce across these countries. If you are canceling because of quality of Port Master project, then by all means review the damn thing. A comparative analysis with other port considerations should ideally tell which one takes priority.

Then have the cost and time of arbitration been factored? Sometimes it is better to agree to modify the TOR, quality & other stuffs than arbitration....
The sea port in lagos can do whatever business in that corridor.
Repair the apapa road, remove inefficiencies and it would be enough.

There are better places to spend that money.

1 Like

Re: NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract by Malawian(m): 5:32pm On Jun 25, 2019
wink2015:
WHAT IS HAPPENING TO WARRI PORT ?

SHIPS ARE NOT COMING TO DOCK THERE?

THIS IS A PORT THAT IS SUPPOSED TO CREATE BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY IN DELTA STATE !

But President Mohammadu Buhari is going to invest Niger delta crude oil money on developing BARO PORT.

AND THE DRY PORT IN KADUNA.

BARO PORT DO NOT EVEN HAVE ANY ACCESS TO THE ATLANTIC OCEAN.

Do you know there is a functioning River Niger Port in Mali? Mali is landlocked Desert, but it has a functioning River Niger Port.

In fact, you can see the picture of the port here:
https://www.hauniversity.org/en/Bamako-Mali.shtml
Re: NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 25, 2019
Blue3k:

Source: https://punchng.com/npa-cancels-2-6bn-badagry-deep-seaport-contract/

FG trying to spend over 5 billion dollars to build 2 new ports in Lagos that has so much traffic jam that it has become a state problem.

While 4 - 8 river ports and seaports waste away in eastern Nigeria.

Cool.

3 Likes

Re: NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract by food4tot: 5:34pm On Jun 25, 2019
People are saying they should build the port in Niger Delta but safety is going to be a great concern.

In my opinion, any private company who wants to build a port can do so, as long as consent has been given by the Nigerian government.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract by Guestlander: 5:35pm On Jun 25, 2019
junkiesneverdie:
Can we as Nigerians be rational for once!!! Great move by the Federal government I hope they cancel it permanently how can you have three ports in one state when there are other States like Cross River, Delta, Anambra State that needs more improvements on their ports we are complaining of a papa gridlock and here we are trying to build new seaports in the same Lagos that is too congested how about moving to other parts of Nigeria must everything be centred in Lagos

Where in Anambra do you want to construct a deep sea port?
Not everything can be sited anywhere.
Re: NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 25, 2019
Guestlander:

Where in Anambra do you want to construct a deep sea port?
Not everything can be sited anywhere.

Have you ever heard of the word dredging? If you don't know please check it out on Google
Re: NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract by Larryndelaw: 5:41pm On Jun 25, 2019
Stupid woman. She is looking for ways to take the seaport to the North.
Re: NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract by Guestlander: 5:43pm On Jun 25, 2019
junkiesneverdie:

Have you ever heard of the word dredging? If you don't know please check it out on Google

Of course. Perhaps we can dredge the river Niger all the way to the north. Yeah, why not?

2 Likes

Re: NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract by trapQ: 5:44pm On Jun 25, 2019
But safety is not a concern when drilling oil and sharing it's proceeds with parasitic states?
food4tot:
People are saying they should build the port in Niger Delta but safety is going to be a great concern.

In my opinion, any private company who wants to build a port can do so, as long as consent has been given by the Nigerian government.

1 Like

Re: NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract by trapQ: 5:45pm On Jun 25, 2019
So will you then dredge all the way from Rivers or Delta State to anambra?
junkiesneverdie:

Re: NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract by trapQ: 5:45pm On Jun 25, 2019
Lmao grin
Guestlander:

Of course. Perhaps we can dredge the river Niger all the way to the north. Yeah, why not?

1 Like

Re: NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract by Blue3k(m): 5:46pm On Jun 25, 2019
trapQ:
So will you then dredge all the way from Rivers or Delta State to anambra?

Well Buhari said he wanted to drege the river channels in his ERGP unless he changed his mind about the river ports.
Re: NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract by food4tot: 5:47pm On Jun 25, 2019
trapQ:
But safety is not a concern when drilling oil and sharing it's proceeds with parasitic states?

They are private companies, risk has been factored into their profit margins.
Re: NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract by omohayek: 5:50pm On Jun 25, 2019
food4tot:

Well said. It’s unfortunate that most Nigerians have no understanding of either economics or finance, which is why they can only conceive of such projects as zero-sum and government-led.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NPA Cancels $2.6bn Badagry Deep Seaport Contract by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 25, 2019
Guestlander:

There's nothing wrong with doing it that's also an option

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okupe: My DG’s Conviction Cannot Stop My Presidential Ambition ―​​ Peter Obi / APC Targets North-west, South-west For Bulk Votes / Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.