Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father (17368 Views)

Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’' / Meet Justice Adebukola Banjoko, Tough Female Judge That Jailed Nyame & Dariye / Joshua Dariye Sentenced To 14 Years Imprisonment, Cries In Court (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father by Doraty1(f): 6:12pm On Sep 08, 2021
The Police on Wednesday said they have arrested eight suspects over the kidnap and murder of 93-year-old Mr Defwan Dariye, father of former Governor of Plateau, Mr Joshua Dariye.

The Force Public Relations Officer (FPRO), Mr Frank Mba, disclosed this during a media briefing in Abuja.

He said the nonagenarian was kidnapped by the suspects and held incommunicado for eight days in a very unhygienic condition.

According to him, after a protracted negotiation, a ransom of N10 million was paid to the kidnappers and rather than setting him free, he was murdered.

Mba said the incident happened in June 2020, adding that after recovering the victim’s body, detectives from the Intelligence Response Unit and other police investigators swung into action to uncover the perpetrators.

“Within the last 30 days, the police were able to make tremendous progress that led to the arrest of the eight key suspects that played major roles in the kidnap and murder of the ex-governor’s father.

“All the suspects, except very few of them, were from the same village in Bokkos Local Government Area with the murdered victim.

“This perhaps explained why they took the very wicked and costly decision of murdering the old man,” he said.

He said the crime was initiated by the eldest suspect, who identified the victim, recruited men that executed the operations and handled the distribution of the ransom.

Mba said three suspects were also arrested on Aug. 28 in a border community between Nasarawa and Taraba after months of intensive monitoring.

He said the suspects were arrested over unlawful procurement, distribution and selling of weapons to end- users who were largely criminals, kidnappers, bandits, terrorists and armed robbers.

According to him, the suspects were arrested after operatives of the Intelligence Response Team mounted a sting operation that was intelligence driven and clinically executed.

Mba said a total of 26 AK47 magazines, one AK49 riffle and its magazines, as well as 14 live ammunition for AK47 riffle, were recovered from the suspects.

He said the suspects would be charged to court upon the conclusion of investigation.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/09/08/arrested-killers-of-dariyes-father-collected-n10m-still-killed-him/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=arrested-killers-of-dariyes-father-collected-n10m-still-killed-him&amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

2 Likes

Re: Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father by Optimistguy1969: 6:17pm On Sep 08, 2021
And killer herdsmen/ Unknown Gun Men?

When will they be caught?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father by Haryour12(m): 6:17pm On Sep 08, 2021
cheesy
Re: Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father by Limp: 6:17pm On Sep 08, 2021
Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:18pm On Sep 08, 2021
Na for this kind high profile killing police Sabi work. If na ordinary Nigerian, the case na OYO

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father by Codeblues(m): 6:18pm On Sep 08, 2021
If it was an ordinary citizen family member that was killed, you will hear the followings from the police:

1) Headquarter PRO will say I have not yet been briefed
2) State PRO waiting for investigation from area commander
3) Area commander I have sent DPO and my boys to go there
4) DPO will say I sent my team there nothing was suspicious
5) Police constables will bring out innocent passerby and tagged them main suspects
6) NTA go carry their obsolete cameras to interview suspects wey no wear clothes.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father by GOFRONT(m): 6:18pm On Sep 08, 2021
Nice one.

But they police said they dont have the mercenaries to uncover the Killers of Sowore.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father by DuduParaPara: 6:18pm On Sep 08, 2021
Nice one.

Most time when kidnap case turns to murder after ransom has been paid, the victim must have recognized one or two of the perpetrators.

2 Likes

Re: Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 6:18pm On Sep 08, 2021
Yu
Re: Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father by Toscarel: 6:18pm On Sep 08, 2021
Wey fuel and tire?

E no go pass Fulani miscreants...

1 Like

Re: Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father by oyejideogunjumo: 6:18pm On Sep 08, 2021
More of this please.... Including killer of Olajide Sowore
Re: Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father by Azazi(m): 6:18pm On Sep 08, 2021
Hope ABBA is not invoked?
Re: Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:19pm On Sep 08, 2021
Kudos to the Nigeria Police.
We should learn how to encourage them when they do a good job like this and lqmbast them when they do a bad one.
That is how sane, honest and hardworking citizens in civilized countries that we want our country to be like do.

God bless Nigeria Police.
God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:19pm On Sep 08, 2021
oyejideogunjumo:
More of this please.... Including killer of Olajide Sowore
Amen.
We need more of this absolutely.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father by googlepikins: 6:19pm On Sep 08, 2021
Within the last 30 days, the police were able to make tremendous progress that led to
the arrest of the eight key suspects that played major roles in the kidnap and murder of the ex-governor’s father.

Believe Nigerian police at your own risk, I feel sorry for these innocent guys. When you read the bolded, then you know innocent people have been picked up

They should go and catch those Fulani bandits not innocent villagers

3 Likes 2 Shares

SpecialAdviser:
Na for this kind high profile killing police Sabi work. If na ordinary Nigerian, the case na OYO
Keep shut kiddo.
Praise them when they do a good job and lambast them when they do a bad one.
Stop wailing on everything in life, it is bad for your health.
Stop being a pessimist about everything in life.
It is damn dangerous and worse than HIV.

Our Kobo!

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father by Aniboo: 6:19pm On Sep 08, 2021
Hope is not what I’m thinking o
Re: Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father by Eriokanmi: 6:20pm On Sep 08, 2021
No wonder kano assembly hurriedly made a you and said says they want state police. E don dey enter dem small small. When a common man is abducted or killed, nothing would be done . The moment a politician's relation falls victim, gbagaunz...na to dey run from pillar to post. Now they are feeling what the masses have been feeling for over 2 decades. Our politicians are heartless.
Re: Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father by WowSweetGuy(m): 6:20pm On Sep 08, 2021
After how many years
Re: Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father by osuofia2(m): 6:20pm On Sep 08, 2021
God bless ABBA Kyari
Re: Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father by simhosting: 6:21pm On Sep 08, 2021
Ok
Re: Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father by Hammurabii1: 6:21pm On Sep 08, 2021
Good evening all. I'm at the verge of committing suicide. I'm a student of the University of Ilorin. I made excellent results but now I'm about to drop out as school fees payment portal closes about 5 hours from now and I don't have any hope. I'm soliciting for help from well meaning people. Please reach out to me on 07061742247 for my details so you can login to my portal to confirm. Please save a soul. This is all I have to live for
Re: Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 6:21pm On Sep 08, 2021
post=105619222:

Keep shut kiddo.
Praise them when they do a good job and lambast them when they do a bad one.
Stop wailing on everything in life, it is bad for your health.
Stop being a pessimist about everything in life.
It is damn dangerous and worse than HIV.

Our Kobo!

WILL YOU SHUT UP THERE!!!

TALKING RUBBISH

2 Likes

Re: Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father by Successmind(m): 6:21pm On Sep 08, 2021
I just pray say no b innocent people Dem arrest.

1 Like

Re: Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father by Toscarel: 6:21pm On Sep 08, 2021
post=105619209:
Kudos to the Nigeria Police

Kudos choke u there....
Na only zonebee go believe the nigerian police and u are a popular one

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 08, 2021
Wahala no dey finish sha
Re: Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 6:23pm On Sep 08, 2021
post=105619209:
Kudos to the Nigeria Police.
We should learn how to encourage them when they do a good job like this and lqmbast them when they do a bad one.
That is how sane, honest and hardworking citizens in civilized countries that we want our country to be like do.

God bless Nigeria Police.
God bless Nigeria.

KEEP KWAYET THERE!!!

igbunu weh gbo yaran

3 Likes

Re: Defwan Dariye: Police Arrests Killers Of Ex-Governor Of Plateau, Dariye's Father by TheWolfen(m): 6:23pm On Sep 08, 2021
Good

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: Yoruba Obas Are Wrong To Unite Too Hastily Behind Tinubu - Vanguard / Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola Sworn In For Second Term As Osun Governor. / Ayade's Attempt To Change Cross River Logo Meets Funny Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.