Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Glory Osei @glory_osei - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Glory Osei @glory_osei (542 Views)

Glory Osei Reacts To Accusations Of Fraud By Former Employees / Glory Osei And Muyiwa Folorunsho Accused Fraud By Ex-Employee / Restoring The Lost Glory At Ariaria International Market. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Glory Osei @glory_osei by DaBogu: 3:36pm On Jun 25, 2019
1. Don’t let over excitement ruin your earning potential. You need to go into every negotiation with the confidence of a rich person. People can’t see you account balance so they will judge you by how you carry yourself around money. Here’s how I learnt that.

2. Few years ago I was hired by a Hungarian company to handle their product development. I saw super excited because I’ve been trying to work internationally but Nigerian passport has always hindered my plans.

3. I excitedly came up with a figure in my head that I felt was acceptable as my fees. Showed up at the meeting in my usual black attire (I always wear black to meetings that require negotiation because it’s about to be a funeral).

4. I showed up at the meeting thinking I was about to kill them with my fees. After the whole discussion the hand me a paper that breaks down the fees structure. Everything I wanted to charge was the 10% down payment they were offering before I even start the project.

5. I looked at it and kept a straight face, and then told them to excuse me I need to use the ladies room. I could barely walk straight to the ladies room. Got in there and did some light dancing that may or may not have been twerking.

6. Composed myself and walked back into the meeting to tell them that their offer was unacceptable with a straight face. Asked for x2 of what they were offering and 40% down payment before proof of concept and balance after commercialization.

7. They agreed and I went back to my hotel room to die because I just faked self believe to command money I didn't even think I was worth. Whatever you think you are worth ask for x3. You might just negotiate your way to something you don’t even know you deserve.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Teachers classified Website For Sale / AGO For Sale : Tank Farm Delivery / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.