Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (428085 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by cedarZee: 5:39pm On Sep 15, 2019
emmyid:
All this short calls sabi put person for wahala. Not like they have much to offer sef.

Does that mean that longer calls have more lenient ratings?
I'm quite new and this thread has been really helpful.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 15, 2019
please veterans in the house, I have been refreshing my browser to bring clip 6 for my test but it's only bringing clip 1.....please help
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by collinshush: 5:51pm On Sep 15, 2019
I discovered that rating sometimes does not reflect on my timeline. They just rated my last call 5, but my rating remains unchanged. Prior to that, I was having an average rating of 4.3.

Though I'm not bothered much since my money is intact.

Has anyone experienced this before?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 5:56pm On Sep 15, 2019
ayfat23:
please veterans in the house, I have been refreshing my browser to bring clip 6 for my test but it's only bringing clip 1.....please help
Qa have updated their website you can no longer choose the test you want, it is now auto assign. meaning you must transcribe the particular test they give you.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by isaiah981: 5:58pm On Sep 15, 2019
samsard:
Nah. I can't, for the time being. Those people are super strict.

Thanks bro.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 6:11pm On Sep 15, 2019
SUPERPACK:
Qa have updated their website you can no longer choose the test you want, it is now auto assign. meaning you must transcribe the particular test they give you.
Ghen ghen shocked
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 6:19pm On Sep 15, 2019
Biritiko:

Ghen ghen shocked
The account i created for my sister 4days ago, even after passing the test same day. She wanted to log in and she was told to take the test again and was assigned Clip3. I reloaded the page more than 20 times and the clip refuse to shake, i decided to take the test and i passed.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by emmyid(m): 7:26pm On Sep 15, 2019
cedarZee:

Does that mean that longer calls have more lenient ratings?
I'm quite new and this thread has been really helpful.

No.. As a newbie, focus on shorter calls for now. Longer calls are for those who are already used to shorter calls. But once you get acquainted and start working on longer calls, having error notes on shorter calls becomes annoying
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by cedarZee: 10:31pm On Sep 15, 2019
emmyid:

No.. As a newbie, focus on shorter calls for now. Longer calls are for those who are already used to shorter calls. But once you get acquainted and start working on longer calls, having error notes on shorter calls becomes annoying

Thanks for the reply

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 11:07pm On Sep 15, 2019
thorrvik55:

embarassed embarassed embarassed

Don't tell me u want to leave QA totally because of the fear of competition from some guys that watched a YouTube video about QA...

Wot happened to "we die here"?

I'm beginning to think the lack of calls is because of the poorly submitted transcripts. I 'm starting to feel they are reluctant to always fill the queue with calls because of the rate at which poor transcripts are submitted (my own theory).

Yes, Arlen said something like that.

She said people rejecting Bleep calls made them reduce the calls as they are priority calls.

Also, there are too many transcribers now who are submitting terrible transcripts.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Torch1(m): 11:08pm On Sep 15, 2019
samsard:
I'm not, was too lazy to study the materials and complete the test. I'll try sometime soon.
I want to try it. I'm studying for their test now. I will also like to join Rev or Fiveer.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 11:12pm On Sep 15, 2019
kinzu:

I agree. SCC already hinted the flooding of the platform with transcribers that turn in low quality work. I have noticed something. Every time we get that error 504 or 404 or something, after that, we get a major update. The queue reduced after the last major service outage. I think the top transcribers are seeing a different call queue. When they have their pick, the rest then gets passed down to the rest of the world. Just like newbies only get to see those 2-minute calls. They have no issues with the newcomers. They already have their problems solved if the weekly leaderboard is anything to go by.

I believe this too.

During the week I noticed if one is willing to reload continuosly you will see calls .

I have been doing long calls and enjoying them for a while now, but today is dry gaan.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 1:23am On Sep 16, 2019
Torch1:

I want to try it. I'm studying for their test now. I will also like to join Rev or Fiveer.
Please give us feedback on how you fared with Rev. Taken their test twice, same result. Even though, I can almost swear I should've passed (almost swear, because I don't swear grin)
Also, you guys should consider www. I hear their pay is really good shocked, but I took their test. Was given 3 attempts at it, improved on my 2nd attempt, but, I'm scared to take the 3rd attempt. Heart break weighs me down alot cool
So, Rev and www
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 4:25am On Sep 16, 2019
Torch1:

To you and every other person thinking about Fiverr. Please note that I and some other people like odizee ETC wouldn’t be here if Fiverr was that rosy.
I’m not saying “don’t do it” . I just felt I should let you know this.

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by nwafresh(m): 5:35am On Sep 16, 2019
Biritiko:

To you and every other person thinking about Fiverr. Please note that I and some other people like odizeeplatform ETC wouldn’t be here if Fiverr was that rosy.
I’m not saying “don’t do it” . I just felt I should let you know this.

What's the way forward biko
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 6:03am On Sep 16, 2019
generationz:

I believe this too.

During the week I noticed if one is willing to reload continuosly you will see calls .

I have been doing long calls and enjoying them for a while now, but today is dry gaan.

Last week was the dryest so far, yet the leaderboard has got folks with 500 and 600 minutes. I think these numbers would have been possible upper week but last week? I don't think so unless they all have work that have not been rated for more than three weeks.

I think management is trying to make transcribers believe that the dearth of calls is because of the poor transcripts so that those that work on the few ones that are available can't be picky and will want to do a quality job and I think that the strategy is effective.

Was anyone here able to bag up to 200 minutes? This is a poll. For research purposes. I did 68 minutes, my lowest in months

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by SUPERPACK: 6:26am On Sep 16, 2019
kinzu:

Last week was the dryest so far, yet the leaderboard has got folks with 500 and 600 minutes. I think these numbers would have been possible upper week but last week? I don't think so unless they all have work that have not been rated for more than three weeks.

I think management is trying to make transcribers believe that the dearth of calls is because of the poor transcripts so that those that work on the few ones that are available can't be picky and will want to do a quality job and I think that the strategy is effective.

Was anyone here able to bag up to 200 minutes? This is a poll. For research purposes. I did 68 minutes, my lowest in months
the chances of bagging an FC...UK call just increased by 300% including Ct group call that normally use foreign language anyhow. throughout the week I do exhaust all my release token, getting a good call is not easy. and all of a sudden I cannot see my dear Pen Fuster calls on the queue.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Menuskiiiii(f): 7:48am On Sep 16, 2019
kinzu:

I actually did 220 minutes. Just noted when calls were being loaded and refreshed around that time. I also did a lot of long calls 25 to 35 mins, guess I was just lucky. Since yesterday sha, nothing nothing.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 7:54am On Sep 16, 2019
Menuskiiiii:

I actually did 220 minutes. Just noted when calls were being loaded and refreshed around that time. I also did a lot of long calls 25 to 35 mins, guess I was just lucky. Since yesterday sha, nothing nothing.
You were really lucky. Let's hope this week is better than the last one cos I don dey refresh since yesterday and the queue has been clean. I guess it's porting time
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 7:55am On Sep 16, 2019
SUPERPACK:
the chances of bagging an FC...UK call just increased by 300% including Ct group call that normally use foreign language anyhow. throughout the week I do exhaust all my release token, getting a good call is not easy. and all of a sudden I cannot see my dear Pen Fuster calls on the queue.
Yeah. Even the UK accent calls are no where to be found
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Menuskiiiii(f): 8:01am On Sep 16, 2019
kinzu:
You were really lucky. Let's hope this week is better than the last one cos I don dey refresh since yesterday and the queue has been clean. I guess it's porting time

Very clean oh!!!! Hopefully it would get better as the day runs through. Going thru other sites but there test no b here.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 8:09am On Sep 16, 2019
nwafresh:

What's the way forward biko
There’s nothing wrong in doing both cool
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 8:12am On Sep 16, 2019
A call I transcribed since September 12 was just rated today. These people no get joy .
They had to wait till today, beginning of new week to rate it angry
Very discouraging.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 8:44am On Sep 16, 2019
kinzu:

I thought of when this nonsense started.

That way people don't choose their calls, they fight for it.

Though this thing has helped me.

Terrible calls I would have released I worked on and got a five.

I'm just going to keep refreshing all the time.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 9:09am On Sep 16, 2019
I don refresh tire. I go seel call. Before I know person don carry am.

No be am again o.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by toluxe0075: 9:12am On Sep 16, 2019
odizeey:
I don refresh tire. I go seel call. Before I know person don carry am.

No be am again o.
Walahi!!! the thing don tire me. To win the limited available calls sef na war.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by toluxe0075: 9:14am On Sep 16, 2019
Ralph still managed to get over 700 minutes of call in this drought period
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kinzu(m): 9:32am On Sep 16, 2019
generationz:

I thought of when this nonsense started.

That way people don't choose their calls, they fight for it.

Though this thing has helped me.

Terrible calls I would have released I worked on and got a five.

I'm just going to keep refreshing all the time.

Yeah. That's exactly what they want. If the pay was good that would have made sense. Now they have somewhat created an environment of competition like the top transcribing companies but their own pay is shitty.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 9:39am On Sep 16, 2019
kinzu:

Yeah. That's exactly what they want. If the pay was good that would have made sense. Now they have somewhat created an environment of competition like the top transcribing companies but their own pay is shitty.
grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 9:44am On Sep 16, 2019
toluxe0075:
Ralph still managed to get over 700 minutes of call in this drought period

They obviously see a different queue.

All that one about everyone seeing the same calls is BS.

The site has been configured in a way that if you
refresh many times you'll see calls. I did 118 mins last week despite releasing some calls.

Maybe we should protest.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 9:53am On Sep 16, 2019
toluxe0075:

Walahi!!! the thing don tire me. To win the limited available calls sef na war.
the thing weak me.

I don vex dey watch start-up kids. Maybe I go get idea of innovation.

I've suffered enough grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Playz(m): 10:42am On Sep 16, 2019
kinzu:

shocked And here I was, thinking they've got the best pay from a transcription site.
Please explain more, how much do other sites pay?
I'm really in the dark about this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.