Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (425415 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 11:46am On Jul 22, 2019
nwafresh:

My reason for this question is because i picked up a 3 hrs call and it happened that there was no audio AT ALL, couple with the fact that I've exhausted my daily call release.

My question now is that

Is it possible to have more than one account with different email addresses and number but with SAME PayPal address and also the card linking? So that in case encounter such problem, instead of waiting for 3 hrs before i can select another call, I will just switch to my other account.. Please help out

Just like QA doesn't recommend people using phones, yet Nigerians use it and it works for them. You can try.
I think people have tried it in the past and it worked for them.
Arlen has once told me that they're codedly monitoring people with multiple accounts, but then, na naija man you be, so you can always try your luck.

But wait...
You've exhausted all tokens already this morning?
Na so the blood dey hot ni shocked...
Sometimes, a whole day, I use just 1 or 2. Oh, boy. No be small thing.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 12:24pm On Jul 22, 2019
One reason why I hate using phone for this is constant reloading when I off my data or when I switched apps.

I just say mk I run check FAQ, the rubbish chrome had to reload and all my typing have gone with wind. I feel like crying now. I'll have to wait till I fix my laptop, I no fit cry.
Sweet ice call, chai.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by bisisho(f): 12:42pm On Jul 22, 2019
thorrvik55:

Did u follow the steps as outlined in the PDF?

If yes, what was the error message u got?

Hi, the guy mentioned using MasterCard in the PDF. But I'm still don't know how to withdraw with it even though I have linked it with my PayPal account already.
I don't have money for the UBA Africard yet, they said it would cost me $7 to get and I will also have to fund it with $$$ too.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by houzing: 1:36pm On Jul 22, 2019
manomam:

I registered this morning but I have been unable to get to clip 6 after several refresh. What can I do?

What clip are you getting?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by psyqs(m): 1:42pm On Jul 22, 2019
hausadreturn:
Just like QA doesn't recommend people using phones, yet Nigerians use it and it works for them. You can try.
I think people have tried it in the past and it worked for them.
Arlen has once told me that they're codedly monitoring people with multiple accounts, but then, na naija man you be, so you can always try your luck.

But wait...
You've exhausted all tokens already this morning?
Na so the blood dey hot ni shocked...
Sometimes, a whole day, I use just 1 or 2. Oh, boy. No be small thing.
I hardly even use mine
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 1:52pm On Jul 22, 2019
bisisho:

Hi, the guy mentioned using MasterCard in the PDF. But I'm still don't know how to withdraw with it even though I have linked it with my PayPal account already.
I don't have money for the UBA Africard yet, they said it would cost me $7 to get and I will also have to fund it with $$$ too.
Who is the "they" that said it will cost you $7 to get?
What happened to reading from the pages here to get the exact info you want. Haba na.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 1:54pm On Jul 22, 2019
odizeey:
One reason why I hate using phone for this is constant reloading when I off my data or when I switched apps.

I just say mk I run check FAQ, the rubbish chrome had to reload and all my typing have gone with wind. I feel like crying now. I'll have to wait till I fix my laptop, I no fit cry.
Sweet ice call, chai.
Damn!
Is there a chance that your mobile is probably reloading because of low ram?
If yes, I think it'll be better to always restart your phone to clear the ram before working.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by houzing: 2:01pm On Jul 22, 2019
Anybody notice Arlene's name is missing from the top 5?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 2:59pm On Jul 22, 2019
houzing:
Anybody notice Arlene's name is missing from the top 5?

Because she's not the same person.

You're not making good use of Slack.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by houzing: 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2019
hausadreturn:
Because she's not the same person.

You're not making good use of Slack.

Thought, she was.

True at the bold.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 5:17pm On Jul 22, 2019
hausadreturn:
Damn!
Is there a chance that your mobile is probably reloading because of low ram?
If yes, I think it'll be better to always restart your phone to clear the ram before working.
i think so.
The thing pained me o.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by manomam: 6:05pm On Jul 22, 2019
houzing:

What clip are you getting?

It is not showing any clip just youtube.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 6:16pm On Jul 22, 2019
manomam:

The YouTube audio is the test clip.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Precioushead24(f): 6:20pm On Jul 22, 2019
drawnobet:
Yes you can be self employed anywhere you are in the country transcribing for a living.

This thread will teach you everything you need to know to start up and the tools needed to deliver the goods.

You would need

1. A PC, tab or mobile phone
2. Affordable internet connection
3. Good head phones
4 Good command of English

Everything else can be learned on this thread. For those of us who have already started transcribing, we're welcome to share our ideas here so that this can be our online community.

To avoid this thread being banned, kindly let us adhere to all the rules of Nairaland.

Should we want to share screenshots, kindly let's block the company and important call info.

Also all forms of advertising is prohibited and will be reported.

Edited 9/7/2019 posted by samsard for newbies. Once you master these, the rest go easy

E.g
Rep: I was gonna, uhmmm, I was gonna tell ya about, about the new product we launched.
What they need: I was going to tell you about the new product we launched.

Punctuation: Hello, Philip. It's Emily calling from CLH Group. How're you doing today?
Cust: I'm fine, thank you. And how are you?

Longer calls will be more complex in terms of punctuation but for a start
A comma before and after a name in mid sentence. A comma before or after a name in salutation.
You're also allowed MINOR corrections for making clear transcripts.
Anyway, read through the FAQ and regularly Consult it while working at least till you acquaint yourself with it's detail

interested
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by houzing: 6:23pm On Jul 22, 2019
manomam:

Actually, the clips are numbered 1 to 6. If you look on top, you will probably see a number. Alternatively, you listen to the first few lines, and report what you hear.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 6:28pm On Jul 22, 2019
bisisho:

Withdrawing to ur MasterCard in from a PayPal account is complicated (not sure it's possible from my experience).

@ the bolded I don't understand what u mean by they said the africard will cost u $7 and u will use dollars to fund it...

If it's what I think u mean then the person that told u dat gave u false information. Did u go to the bank to enquire about it at all?

U don't need to have a uba bank account to get the africard. U just need to go to any uba bank branch with:

1. Passport.
2. Valid means of identification, e.g; drivers license, national I'd, voters card.
3. BVN
4. Some extra cash (like 2k) that will be used to fund the africard so u can link ur PayPal account to the card.

PayPal charges a small amount of money when u are linking and verifying ur card(can't remember how much), then they refund u the money in 5 to 7 business days.

The africard is free in a way, I don't know why someone would tell u dat u need to have $7 to get the africard. When I got the africard, the 2k I went with was used to fund my africard, so I did not spend a dime to get it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 6:31pm On Jul 22, 2019
somehow:

You listen to ythe audio first no matter how long before working? What about the time?

I don't listen to the full call o...

grin grin grin who does that?

I only kind of preview the call. I load all the time stamps and check some of the time stamps to know if the audio is something I can work with or not before I start transcribing...

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 6:44pm On Jul 22, 2019
nwafresh:

My reason for this question is because i picked up a 3 hrs call and it happened that there was no audio AT ALL, couple with the fact that I've exhausted my daily call release.

My question now is that

Is it possible to have more than one account with different email addresses and number but with SAME PayPal address and also the card linking? So that in case encounter such problem, instead of waiting for 3 hrs before i can select another call, I will just switch to my other account.. Please help out

It is possible but not advisable.

I had two accounts previously. The reason was because of the advantage dat comes with two accounts (10 release tokens).

Before now qa had nothing against two accounts sharing the same PayPal. I linked one PayPal account to the two qa accounts and I was receiving payments every week from the two. It was all good until last month when qaworld changed to one qaworld account to one PayPal account. My funds were withheld for that week and I had to contact A,rlen on slack.

She told me the only option I had was to choose the qawold account I would like to keep, so that the other one would be deleted if not I would not get my funds.
I later got my funds from the two accounts sha after choosing the account I would like to keep.

It is still possible to have two accounts but that would mean using two PayPal accounts, which is not advisable at all...
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by somehow: 7:17pm On Jul 22, 2019
Fear been catch me o.
thorrvik55:

I don't listen to the full call o...

grin grin grin who does that?

I only kind of preview the call. I load all the time stamps and check some of the time stamps to know if the audio is something I can work with or not before I start transcribing...
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 7:35pm On Jul 22, 2019
I'm loving these instant ratings o..! Hello all. Hope today was splendid?

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by bisisho(f): 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2019
hausadreturn:
Who is the "they" that said it will cost you $7 to get?
What happened to reading from the pages here to get the exact info you want. Haba na.

Bros, please you don't have to be rude to me. The "they" that said it are the UBA staff I asked. If there's a UBA staff that can tell me otherwise and get it for me, please kindly let me know.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by bisisho(f): 8:18pm On Jul 22, 2019
thorrvik55:

Withdrawing to ur MasterCard in from a PayPal account is complicated (not sure it's possible from my experience).

@ the bolded I don't understand what u mean by they said the africard will cost u $7 and u will use dollars to fund it...

If it's what I think u mean then the person that told u dat gave u false information. Did u go to the bank to enquire about it at all?

U don't need to have a uba bank account to get the africard. U just need to go to any uba bank branch with:

1. Passport.
2. Valid means of identification, e.g; drivers license, national I'd, voters card.
3. BVN
4. Some extra cash (like 2k) that will be used to fund the africard so u can link ur PayPal account to the card.

PayPal charges a small amount of money when u are linking and verifying ur card(can't remember how much), then they refund u the money in 5 to 7 business days.

The africard is free in a way, I don't know why someone would tell u dat u need to have $7 to get the africard. When I got the africard, the 2k I went with was used to fund my africard, so I did not spend a dime to get it.

A staff at a UBA branch in Ibadan told me and a customer service representative of UBA told me too when I called to enquire again just to be sure. Except if it's not going to be for dollars. Please which branch did you get yours from? Is there anybody who has gotten it recently?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by DAramis: 8:24pm On Jul 22, 2019
Tried some transcription but was brutal. Had to leave it and move back to the Manuel for information update.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 9:30pm On Jul 22, 2019
bisisho:

Bros, please you don't have to be rude to me. The "they" that said it are the UBA staff I asked. If there's a UBA staff that can tell me otherwise and get it for me, please kindly let me know.
Wait, what?
This, is Rude?
Oh, no.
No wonder a lot of people here don't use Slack.
They come here to ask already answered questions easily. And for that, they think that's how it is.
Oh, well...
We'll all be here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 9:30pm On Jul 22, 2019
DAramis:
Tried some transcription but was brutal. Had to leave it and move back to the Manuel for information update.
grin
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 9:30pm On Jul 22, 2019
DAramis:
By brutal, I guess you mean 1.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 9:50pm On Jul 22, 2019
bisisho:

A staff at a UBA branch in Ibadan told me and a customer service representative of UBA told me too when I called to enquire again just to be sure. Except if it's not going to be for dollars. Please which branch did you get yours from? Is there anybody who has gotten it recently?

I don't know if there is anyone here making use of dollar africard.
Paypal converts the dollar in ur account to naira before sending the money to ur card, I think, so I'm not sure u need a dollar africard for this.

Go to any uba bank branch and request for a naira africard. U fund the card in naira, withdraw in naira and do everything else in naira. U don't really need the dollar card for this unless maybe u want to use it for something else.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 10:48pm On Jul 22, 2019
thorrvik55:

Paypal converts the dollar in ur account to naira before sending the money to ur card, I think, so I'm not sure u need a dollar africard for this.

Go to any uba bank branch and request for a naira africard. U fund the card in naira, withdraw in naira and do everything else in naira. U don't really need the dollar card for this unless maybe u want to use it for something else.
I want to request for "Africard, High KYC". That's it.
And not "Low KYC".

What did you tell them during your time?

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by KayceeBanks: 11:19pm On Jul 22, 2019
How do you transcribe

Na 3 days and 3 minutes?..... or na three days and three minutes?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 11:22pm On Jul 22, 2019
KayceeBanks:
How do you transcribe

Na 3 days and 3 minutes?..... or na three days and three minutes?

FAQ, number rule.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by KayceeBanks: 11:28pm On Jul 22, 2019
hausadreturn:
FAQ, number rule.
lol, spoken like an SCC

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by KayceeBanks: 11:34pm On Jul 22, 2019
thorrvik55:

Does the process of having this PayPal account, require the use of a VPN?

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.