Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (426723 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 10:06am On Jul 24, 2019
generationz:
I'm beginning to wonder about the efficiency of their rating.
I went through most of my works we're I got 5 and still saw some errors.

Not that I don't want the 5, but it confuses me as I don't know what to correct.

They are lenient in their rating.
As long as u don't go against their FAQ, u label ur speaker labels correctly, don't have too many misheards and did not alter content then u won't get less than 4.

They ignore some mistakes we make because they understand we are human and everyone is prone to mistake.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 10:08am On Jul 24, 2019
Kate06:

Thanks bro, I am here in the thread.I also failed the test.

"Hi German,I want to go back ...(didn't get this).More than anything,I want to fine make sure we find time and account for sure (demo).I think if you and other stakeholders see the product in action,they will be able to understand why we are able to o make such grandeur statements. If we are not able to improve the efficiency of your sales force at least 10% in the first most month,you will have full money back guaranteed.

This was what I transcribed and I was rejected but I know I didn't get it right.

What's the bracket for?

They don't do brackets on qaworld...
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 10:09am On Jul 24, 2019
AGManuel:

I've used mtn, used airtel and glo. Used other peoples phone...same result.

Have u tried the south africa or uae PayPal since the Lesotho one is not working for u?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Luxiana19(f): 10:12am On Jul 24, 2019
QA hurt my feeling so badly today, I must confess. I did two very long calls, sotey all my back and neck dey ache. Made sure to go through it carefully to avoid stories that touch. Can you believe they rated my call in the middle of the night by 3am. They sent a mail giving me 90 minutes to edit. That I should change "Hi, this is Angel from Funding Circle" TO "Hi. This is Angel from Funding Circle". Mail wey I no see till this 7am. They rated me 2 and refused to pay me. Same thing with the other 11 minute call too. One very stupid trivial thing.

Those people no get joy. God punish devil.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by bountiouz: 10:13am On Jul 24, 2019
generationz:
I'm beginning to wonder about the efficiency of their rating.
I went through most of my works we're I got 5 and still saw some errors.

Not that I don't want the 5, but it confuses me as I don't know what to correct.

The guidelines for rating actually states you are allowed one specific miss for a rating of 5, few minor misses for a rating of 4, e.t.c
So, they take those into consideration as well.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by pedrozone15(m): 10:21am On Jul 24, 2019
Pls I have been paid but can't seem to get it on my PayPal account.
They sent me a link to claim my money but each time I clicked on the link, I get an error message.
I then decided to go to my PayPal account but there's no money there.
I need to know what am doing wrong.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by ericbertrand(m): 10:25am On Jul 24, 2019
Good morning guys, this is off topic but how much does it cost to get a national id card?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 10:26am On Jul 24, 2019
generationz:

Hmm...

I practically took the first instruction on FAQ to the extremes then embarassed
Sorry about that, it's a learning curve.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by bountiouz: 10:26am On Jul 24, 2019
pedrozone15:
Pls I have been paid but can't seem to get it on my PayPal account.
They sent me a link to claim my money but each time I clicked on the link, I get an error message.
I then decided to go to my PayPal account but there's no money there.
I need to know what am doing wrong.

As far as I can see from my end, payments have not been sent out for last week work. Is it possible you are talking about the mail that's usually sent when you get your first high rating?

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by hausadreturn(m): 10:30am On Jul 24, 2019
Luxiana19:
QA hurt my feeling so badly today, I must confess. I did two very long calls, sotey all my back and neck dey ache. Made sure to go through it carefully to avoid stories that touch. Can you believe they rated my call in the middle of the night by 3am. They sent a mail giving me 90 minutes to edit. That I should change "Hi, this is Angel from Funding Circle" TO "Hi. This is Angel from Funding Circle". Mail wey I no see till this 7am. They rated me 2 and refused to pay me. Same thing with the other 11 minute call too. One very stupid trivial thing.

Normal thing. Not out of the ordinary.
Read the "Sample Transcripts" from time to time, to understand how they like it. I still check it every time.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by dgee1(m): 10:33am On Jul 24, 2019
Oh really? I am giving it another shot again. Thanks for your words.

hausadreturn:
You shouldn't be now. They are no longer as stone-cold as they used to be.
They're now lenient.

Imagine, when you have a poor rating, you have the grace to redo it.
It wasn't like that before, remember?
This is arguably one of the best times to take advantage.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by collinshush: 10:49am On Jul 24, 2019
They just rated my 3rd call 3. After rating my first two calls 1, I almost gave up.

Guys thanks for your advices.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by zakir007(m): 11:00am On Jul 24, 2019
Abeg on average how much can a starter make per month, and is it worth the stress?
Also can one have time to combine it with other things if he starts
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by NEVOH: 11:17am On Jul 24, 2019
zakir007:
Abeg on average how much can a starter make per month, and is it worth the stress?

You can make enough to drink cold Zobo. But you have to start and then build up your skills. Your start might not be easy, but it's worth a try. And of course you can always do other things, if you want.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Kate06(m): 11:42am On Jul 24, 2019
thorrvik55:

What's the bracket for?

They don't do brackets on qaworld...

Yeah,i don't really heard it well.

Tho,I have followed the instructions of the op and I have just passed through,thanks.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 12:03pm On Jul 24, 2019
thorrvik55:

They are lenient in their rating.
As long as u don't go against their FAQ, u label ur speaker labels correctly, don't have too many misheards and did not alter content then u won't get less than 4.

They ignore some mistakes we make because they understand we are human and everyone is prone to mistake.

This issue of altered content is a big one.
Sometimes they rep/customer don't communicate in proper writable English.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 12:09pm On Jul 24, 2019
zakir007:

You can make as low as 0.20 dollars or as high as 100 dollars per week depending on how hard you work.

It will take lots of work to reach and cross the $100 mark weekly.

I don't think any Nairalander has reached it yet. grin

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 12:29pm On Jul 24, 2019
Luxiana19:

Same experience yesterday. I omitted 'yeah'. Rated and sent redo mail in the middle of the night.
No pay too
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 12:30pm On Jul 24, 2019
ericbertrand:
Good morning guys, this is off topic but how much does it cost to get a national id card?
I think its free
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by blannkarr(m): 12:51pm On Jul 24, 2019
samsard:
You'll need to Google a bit and read up on grammar, punctuations etc even while working, after a while you'll understand better and not require active manual.
I was embarrassed that anyone would actually have a problem grin with my punctuation skill, but I got better.

Great response. Please I keep getting 'inverted speakers'. How do I identify which speaker is which?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by blannkarr(m): 12:53pm On Jul 24, 2019
brijibs:

I think its free

LOL! Where?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by blannkarr(m): 12:58pm On Jul 24, 2019
Guys please I need guidance... I started today. 4 poor ratings now and I am careful to continue. They keep saying "Inverted speakers". Please how do I proceed?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by psyqs(m): 1:18pm On Jul 24, 2019
generationz:

You can make as low as 0.20 dollars or as high as 100 dollars per week depending on how hard you work.

It will take lots of work to reach and cross the $100 mark weekly.

I don't think any Nairalander has reached it yet. grin

Not yet. We will see who go first reach.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by psyqs(m): 1:19pm On Jul 24, 2019
brijibs:

Same experience yesterday. I omitted 'yeah'. Rated and sent redo mail in the middle of the night.
No pay too

That's why I leave my data on in the night if I know I have an unrated call.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Luxiana19(f): 1:58pm On Jul 24, 2019
Random question to the house, how much do you think is possible for someone to make from transcribing weekly?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 2:01pm On Jul 24, 2019
psyqs:

Not yet. We will see who go first reach.

With how fast you are moving... smiley

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 2:04pm On Jul 24, 2019
hausadreturn:
Normal thing. Not out of the ordinary.
Read the "Sample Transcripts" from time to time, to understand how they like it. I still check it every time.
Were are the sample transcripts?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2019
brijibs:

No pay too

What was the sentence like?

I have omitted many Yeahs' in the past.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Korllami007: 2:19pm On Jul 24, 2019
bisisho:

Thank you very much. Na me do oversabi dey ask for dollar Africard. Didn't know that PayPal does the conversion already.

It seems like you're earning a lot using PayPal or from qa for requesting dollar card because you are going to be charged 20$ if you want to withdraw from atm or do any transactions.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by odizeey(m): 2:23pm On Jul 24, 2019
PEople dey vex o . You never try something you dey ask how much do you think you can make?

This mentality no go carry many people anywhere.

Read previous pages.

I just dey vex. Try and do it first and see if you will like to continue, wen you start seeing 1 1 1 1.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by generationz(f): 2:26pm On Jul 24, 2019
If a timestamp has just uhmm in it what should i do?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 2:37pm On Jul 24, 2019
blannkarr:

Great response. Please I keep getting 'inverted speakers'. How do I identify which speaker is which?
The rep's name is usually at the top of the page on the left hand part. The rep is the person calling or speaking on behalf of the client company. Sometimes they can be two on a call.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.