Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,626 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 - Jobs/Vacancies (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 (424899 Views)

Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria 2020 Part 2 / 5 Reasons Chasing Self-employment Beats Job Hunting In Nigeria / Top 5 States In Nigeria With High Employment Opportunity - Careerportal.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (398) (Go Down)

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by zakir007(m): 7:56pm On Jul 27, 2019
generationz:

You can make as low as 0.20 dollars or as high as 100 dollars per week depending on how hard you work.

It will take lots of work to reach and cross the $100 mark weekly.

I don't think any Nairalander has reached it yet. grin
Thank you
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by zakir007(m): 7:56pm On Jul 27, 2019
NEVOH:

You can make enough to drink cold Zobo. But you have to start and then build up your skills. Your start might not be easy, but it's worth a try. And of course you can always do other things, if you want.
Thank you
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by psyqs(m): 8:52pm On Jul 27, 2019
kingayy:
I'm I the only one who has been jamming FC! I've canceled 2 calls from FC. Experts, pls how can I identify the good ones? I'm a beginner. Thanks!

Just make your mind up that you can do this. Sometimes you get easy calls, most times you don't. I did 4 calls today and all where FC. And you if you're going to work on QA, you cannot escape that for now.

If a call is clear you can manage it like that. If not you just waste all your release.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 9:50pm On Jul 27, 2019
psyqs:

Just make your mind up that you can do this. Sometimes you get easy calls, most times you don't. I did 4 calls today and all where FC. And you if you're going to work on QA, you cannot escape that for now.

If a call is clear you can manage it like that. If not you just waste all your release.

Please note the difference. There's FC, FC.U.K, FC. Collections...
FC is more like the regular calls from SR, but FC.U.K... I RELEASE ASAP!
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by psyqs(m): 10:04pm On Jul 27, 2019
brijibs:

I mean FC UK

FC is America
CHouse is Australia

FC UK and CH are the ones with accent.

But if you're lucky to jam HLight or Srun, then you're good to go.

I only release the once that have heavy accent or the audio is not clear.

4 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kingayy: 11:24pm On Jul 27, 2019
psyqs:

I mean FC UK

FC is America
CollectionHouse is Australia

FC UK and CH are the ones with accent.

But if you're lucky to jam HomeLight or Sunrun, then you're good to go.

I only release the once that have heavy accent or the audio is not clear.

brijibs:

Thanks guys for your help. Jah bless!

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by omerukokwuru(m): 12:47am On Jul 28, 2019
Hi everyone, please where do I initiate the transcription on this interface
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kennybelle: 12:59am On Jul 28, 2019
Please will I be able to receive payments if my PayPal email is different from my qa-world email?

Someone should pls answer before I enter one chance wink
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kennybelle: 1:03am On Jul 28, 2019
omerukokwuru:

The last image shows you already picked a call. Simply click on 'click here to start audio', when that stops showing, listen to audio and edit, then click on the bottom green box 'save & edit next statement' to load other statements in the call

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by omerukokwuru(m): 1:05am On Jul 28, 2019
kennybelle:
Please will I be able to receive payments if my PayPal email is different from my qa-world email?

hi, am new to transcription and am using a phone, would you be kind enough to show me by demonstrating the process by pointing out where to input the cursor on the workspace from the screen shots below
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by omerukokwuru(m): 1:07am On Jul 28, 2019
kennybelle:

The last image shows you already picked a call. Simply click on 'click here to start audio', when that stops showing, listen to audio and edit, then click on the bottom green box 'save & edit next statement' to load other statements in the call
thanks for the heads up I'll get right to it

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kennybelle: 1:12am On Jul 28, 2019
omerukokwuru:
thanks for the heads up I'll get right to it

We're all here for one another wink

Happy transcribing grin

Meanwhile, someone should pls help me out with my question up there

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by brijibs: 3:10am On Jul 28, 2019
kennybelle:

Yes. So long as its a valid PayPal email address.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:06am On Jul 28, 2019
Itznekky:

OK thanks, pls which zip code did you use, Nigeria or your town

I used my location in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by D1uncle: 5:12am On Jul 28, 2019
omerukokwuru:
Hope you sign their privacy agreement. What you just did is publishing a company private information over the internet. A simple Google Search will bring all this information out.

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by sosowater: 5:15am On Jul 28, 2019
omerukokwuru:
hi, am new to transcription and am using a phone, would you be kind enough to show me by demonstrating the process by pointing out where to input the cursor on the workspace from the screen shots below

Delete the images. That's a breach of privacy contract. No one has ever posted such on this thread and it poses harm to everyone here and other Nigerians yet to join.

2 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by drawnobet(m): 5:54am On Jul 28, 2019
All full company names, PayPal email addresses and screenshots that include confidential company information must not be shared on this thread and will be reported

First post updated

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by drawnobet(m): 6:00am On Jul 28, 2019
omerukokwuru:

Kindly delete the confidential images and obstruct confidential information from the images if you are to receive help from this thread. This thread wouldn't have even lasted long enough for you to get this info if we had been posting such. Not only will NL be forced to take it down when the companies report, but litigation might also be initiated against you when the leak is traced to you.

Na play play person dey take go prison for naija.

3 Likes

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Biritiko: 8:04am On Jul 28, 2019
Cool
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by raychelomoregbee: 8:04am On Jul 28, 2019
Please is there a minimum withdrawal limit for QA?
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Itznekky: 8:07am On Jul 28, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

I used my location in Nigeria.
OK thanks
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by omerukokwuru(m): 8:12am On Jul 28, 2019
Ah, am in trouble, I have removed the image, I didn't know that my detail s was on the screen shot, my sincere apologise am yet to really understand how the whole thing works
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by Itznekky: 8:12am On Jul 28, 2019
good morning house, pls is it possible for someone to change payment method(ie PayPal email) in QA world after you must have started working
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by omerukokwuru(m): 8:14am On Jul 28, 2019
drawnobet:

Kindly delete the confidential images and obstruct confidential information from the images if you are to receive help from this thread. This thread wouldn't have even lasted long enough for you to get this info if we had been posting such. Not only will NL be forced to take it down when the companies report, but litigation might also be initiated against you when the leak is traced to you.

Na play play person dey take go prison for naija.
deleted I didn't notice my details on the screen shot, it's my first trial I hope never to fall short of there policy going forward

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by omerukokwuru(m): 8:17am On Jul 28, 2019
sosowater:

Delete the images. That's a breach of privacy contract. No one has ever posted such on this thread and it poses harm to everyone here and other Nigerians yet to join.
I have removed the image sir, I am trying to acquaint my self with the platform
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by drawnobet(m): 8:21am On Jul 28, 2019
omerukokwuru:
deleted I didn't notice my details on the screen shot, it's my first trial I hope never to fall short of there policy going forward

No p. We understand

1 Like

Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by drawnobet(m): 8:22am On Jul 28, 2019
Itznekky:
good morning house, pls is it possible for someone to change payment method(ie PayPal email) in QA world after you must have started working
Yes, but you have to do that before the cut off for payment
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by D1uncle: 9:04am On Jul 28, 2019
raychelomoregbee:
Please is there a minimum withdrawal limit for QA?
You don't withdraw from. They pay you once a week, even if it's $0.01. But only to PayPal. PayPal charge $5 for any withdrawal
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by thorrvik55(m): 11:03am On Jul 28, 2019
Checked slack this morning and I saw this from arrlenn in response to an African:

" and all other good African team members - I need your help because a big portion of the transcribers who are making bad impact to our team output and risking our relationship with clients are for a fact from the African Region. I'm trying my best to curb these people but when I remove one, 10 will follow. Its getting to be really bad for QAWorld. I don't want to have to request to make it very hard for Africans to get into QA World - but I will when push comes to shove. "

This is very serious.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by kennybelle: 11:08am On Jul 28, 2019
brijibs:

Yes. So long as its a valid PayPal email address.

Oh, thanks
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by samsard(m): 11:10am On Jul 28, 2019
thorrvik55:
Checked slack this morning and I saw this from arrlenn in response to an African:

" and all other good African team members - I need your help because a big portion of the transcribers who are making bad impact to our team output and risking our relationship with clients are for a fact from the African Region. I'm trying my best to curb these people but when I remove one, 10 will follow. Its getting to be really bad for QAWorld. I don't want to have to request to make it very hard for Africans to get into QA World - but I will when push comes to shove. "

This is very serious.
Yes. This boys will be doing this with gragra.
Don't get on a platform acting like you know it all while you're delivering poor jobs.
They get on the platform and don't watch the training videos, don't read the FAQ, don't follow the sample transcripts etc.
Shey I told you guys there's a reason why Nigerians and other Africans get kicked out of platforms.
Re: Self Employment Opportunity: Transcribing For A Living In Nigeria Part 1 by psyqs(m): 11:36am On Jul 28, 2019
samsard:

Yes. This boys will be doing this with gragra.
Don't get on a platform acting like you know it all while you're delivering poor jobs.
They get on the platform and don't watch the training videos, don't read the FAQ, don't follow the sample transcripts etc.
Shey I told you guys there's a reason why Nigerians and other Africans get kicked out of platforms.

This is bad cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (398)

Dangote Refinery Is Recruiting, Closes On 15th August / Faanrecruitment Online Aptitude Test. / Stanbic IBTC Is Currently Recruiting

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.